• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Yo, I heard Sonic wasnt an update yet cause hes just not finished yet. Still being worked on, should be complete in the next month. Sakurai, himself, told me last night while i was sleeping. It was wonderful news.
OMG, your dreams tell the future of Brawl!!

Tell us O wise one, will Knuckles be in this game too?

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
What a glorious vision, SeigK

anywho, hearing Snake's english voice what's your opinion, and what hopes/dreads does it raise for Sonic having a speaking part, or any other character for that matter?

(it may be trailer exclusive speech, but nonetheless)

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Miyamoto and Sakurai already said they really want Sonic in Brawl and Miyamoto (creater of Mario) said he would be the best 3rd party addition to the game. Countless times have they asked SEGA to allow and at 1st they said no. That was back in June of 2004. And again in May 05. Has SEGA said anything sense? We, the public, dont know. If they have, than its a big secret. Cause SEGA keeps saying 'No' to the public and Nintendo doesnt say yes or no. Id have to guess that Sonic is In Brawl, cause if he wasnt Nuntendo would have said so already, no point in letting the public up for nuthing. And Im pretty sure they wouldnt leed us to believe Sonic is in, just so that we buy the game, even if he isnt. Id expect that from Sony, but not Nintendo.
SEGA i dont know about, their bad at keeping secrets, Id guess thats why they just say 'No'.

Miyamoto would love to see Sonic in Brawl, but Sega hasnt given them the okay hand.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You mean the fact that the game wasn't even being made until near the end of 05.

And they wouldn't leave him on the disk if they didn't get the ok... not like you will be able to access Debug mode anyway.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
You mean the fact that the game wasn't even being made until near the end of 05.

And they wouldn't leave him on the disk if they didn't get the ok... not like you will be able to access Debug mode anyway.
05-06 than. Lol.

but I do wonder, what if they have made Sonic and are just w8inf for SEGA to say ok, than be all "Ok we can get it done real fast...*click*"
But Sonic Team would have some involvement with the development os the Brawl Sonic, Makes ya think what the Nintendo Soinc would be like though.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
05-06 than. Lol.

but I do wonder, what if they have made Sonic and are just w8inf for SEGA to say ok, than be all "Ok we can get it done real fast...*click*"
But Sonic Team would have some involvement with the development os the Brawl Sonic, Makes ya think what the Nintendo Soinc would be like though.
That would be really funny.

Sakurai: So....can we use Sonic, I mean, this is the last chance, we're not asking anymore?
SEGA: Fine, you can use him. We just have the final word on his development, got it?

The Next Day

Sakurai: Yo SEGA, check out Sonic.
SEGA: Umm.....yea, that's really good, looks like you've spent a lot of time and resour--wait a minute.......

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Over 500 pages in this thread, huh? I guess I'll go ahead and post my Sonic moveset.

A=Kicks with his right foot. Does only 1% damage, but works rapidly.
A Side=Kicks foward. 3%
A Up=Kicks upward. 4%
A Down=Sweeps the floor, breakdance style. 2%

A Arial Down=Kicks down with both feet, hard. 5%
A Arial Up= Drill kicks upward. 1% but hits rapidly
A Arial Side= Punches to the side 3%

A Dash= Flame somersault. Does 3%.

A Smash Side=He kicks to the side. Maximum damage about 15%
A Smash Down=Sonic wind. 3% damage but hits repeatively
A Smash Up=Curls into ball form and slams upward. Maximum damage 15%

B=Charges up a spindash and does 5% damage when he hits someone. It is controlable but the longer he charges it the harder it is to control. When fully charged it gets a lot of knockback.
B Side=Light Dash. Rings appear in front of him and he collects them making roadkill out of anyone in his path. 4%
B Up= Homing Attacks in an upward direction and if it hits an opponent Sonic get another jump. 4%
B Down=Chaos Control. Any player right next Sonic, will freeze. Sonic will be able to hit them and they won't flinch but they will take damage. Chargeable. The longer you charge it the longer it lasts.

Grab Hit= Hits opponent with his head. 3%
Grab Opposite Side Toss= Tosses player backwards. 5%
Grab Toss Forwards= Tosses player fowards. 3%
Toss Up= Tosses up. Duh. 3%
Toss Down=Throws down and goes into ball mode and rolls on top of them. 1% damge but hits repetively.

Final Smash=Chaos Emeralds spin around him and he change into Super Sonic. He now can fly around, does 10x more damage, and doesn't flinch.

Stats: Attack **
Jump height****
Weight*
Speed************************************************* you get the idea
Fall Speed***

I think I covered everything and p.s. kudos to anyone who actually read this whole thread.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'll bet Sonic will get like a million updates when he's revealed! Like at least 20 more posts than Snake ever got! One for his character, one for his "Sonic Joins the Brawl!" video, both of his movesets, his FS, one that's just a picture of him punching Peach in the face...

Wow... I can see it now! :love:

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I can actually see them using a trailer for his update. like, Sakurai posts the trailer at the usual time, then gives it half an hour to sink in before giving the actual update

Ridley, however. as he's a nintendo character already, I see him getting the same update treatment to Ike. the delay to build up tension then BAM! Ridley appears

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
After M&SatOG, do you think Nintendo and Sega will team up to do a platformer like so many fans have asked for?

I mean, the game looks awesome so far, but a platformer would have been a lot better

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
What a glorious vision, SeigK

anywho, hearing Snake's english voice what's your opinion, and what hopes/dreads does it raise for Sonic having a speaking part, or any other character for that matter?

(it may be trailer exclusive speech, but nonetheless)
Dear GOD!!!! i hope that was trailer exclusive speech mario sounded horrible! but snake's was realy good and im preeeeeety sure that was his "real" speech... why mario? why?.....:urg:

oh yeaaaa....

SONIC FOR BRAWL!!!!!!

SonicMario

Smash Master
No characters swim in Smash anyway. Unless they put one water level (Hydrocity >_> in SubS Emiss)

And a platformer would be awesome. Perhaps a mix of both Sonic and Mario elements. There would be times where Sonic is needed for open fields and large amounts of enemies, and Mario is used for much more enclosed spaces where speed is not a matter. I always imagine Sonic and Mario teaming up to battle one common evil. But unfortunely that might be unlikely, perhaps if Olympic games is succesfull. They'll make one in 2009-2010 with Winter olympics. (Sonci doing snowboarding skills from his classic games, and Mario skills from Marip Party and a playable appearence in the SSX Blur Gamecube version.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
After two weeks in captivity of a computer that refused to work... I HAVE ARISEN!

What's up everyone? Keeping up the Sonic love?

Sonic for Brawl

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
As long as he's either with his cooler friends (Knuckels, Shadow, Silver), and not his feebling 4 year old girl friends (Cream, Amy), then I am all in favour of Sonic joining the brawl alongside more Sonic chars.

If he doesn't enter alongside them, then thank god, coz I think he'll do much better as a standalone char.

ProudNintendofan

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I rather hope that Snake is the only character to have actual voicework in Brawl, if only because the Metal Gear Solid series partly gained its fame because of the voiceacting. (Star Fox 64 and Metal Gear Solid were the first notable games to use full voice acting IIRC)

But... if Sonic's in it... (to be honest, I'm starting to have some doubts that he is.. part of me feels that he will be in it, part of me feels that he won't be in it. I mean if Sonic's going to be in it... why put all this hype on Snake being in it? Wouldn't Sonic be the bigger third-party character?) I hope his battle shouts are either Ryan Drummond's pre-recorded voices or just Sonic's JPN voice actor.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=guBhrryx4JU

That's another comparison for you guys to examine.

SiD

Smash Master
Yeah man, I've gotten used to the 4kids actors, (except the horrendous Tails), but everytime I play, say, SA2, I get pisssed off. **** you Sega, **** you.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I rather hope that Snake is the only character to have actual voicework in Brawl, if only because the Metal Gear Solid series partly gained its fame because of the voiceacting. (Star Fox 64 and Metal Gear Solid were the first notable games to use full voice acting IIRC)

But... if Sonic's in it... (to be honest, I'm starting to have some doubts that he is.. part of me feels that he will be in it, part of me feels that he won't be in it. I mean if Sonic's going to be in it... why put all this hype on Snake being in it? Wouldn't Sonic be the bigger third-party character?) I hope his battle shouts are either Ryan Drummond's pre-recorded voices or just Sonic's JPN voice actor.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=guBhrryx4JU

That's another comparison for you guys to examine.
Ugh, you are stupid. There is going to be at least one more third party guranteed and I will bet you any amount of money you're willing to bet that Sonic gets in. You do realize they are tryign to sell as many copies of this game as possible. It would be smartest to wait until very close to the game's release before announcing him, if they announce one of the coolest things now the hype will die down.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
I like snakes japanese voice better the english voice sucks, i bet funamation had something to do with it

sonic shouldnt talk, his english voice sounds too girly and high pitched

SiD

Smash Master
Ugh, you are stupid. There is going to be at least one more third party guranteed and I will bet you any amount of money you're willing to bet that Sonic gets in. You do realize they are tryign to sell as many copies of this game as possible. It would be smartest to wait until very close to the game's release before announcing him, if they announce one of the coolest things now the hype will die down.
If you want to insult people, do it somewhere else.

I agree, I think Sonic has 100% chance of being in, but don't call someone stupid for havin their doubts.

ProudNintendofan

Smash Apprentice
Yes I have thought of that possibility of them wanting till the last minute, although... I personally just think there's evidence he will be in it and evidence that he won't...

No need to insult me over it.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
that was uncalled for man!! -1 to digital angel

to any fellow S.S.S. member how do i get the s.s.s. member on my sig

on topic: sonic for ssbb

Sinn

Smash Lord
Snake: What's that blue blur that keeps running by?

Mei Ling: That's Sonic the Hedgehog, Snake. He's the fastest thing alive! There's no way you're going to catch up with him just by running.

Snake: Sonic? Isn't that he from SEGA? I thought this was a Nintendo event!

Mei Ling: Sonic and Mario have been going at it for decades, but things have gotten to be pretty friendly between both sides recently. Don't be so surprised. After all, you're here, aren't you?

Snake: Huh...you know, I've never eaten a hedgehog before...

Mei Ling: Yeah. I'm gonna go now.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Yes I have thought of that possibility of them wanting till the last minute, although... I personally just think there's evidence he will be in it and evidence that he won't...

No need to insult me over it.
Okay, so what you're meaning to say is your opinion has no logical backing and is therefore worthless.

Thanks for the heads up.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay, so what you're meaning to say is your opinion has no logical backing and is therefore worthless.

Thanks for the heads up.
Sonic is in no way 100% going to make it into Brawl....

...We don't know that yet and there are variables against his inclusion.

However, his chances are still pretty good...

Garuda

Smash Ace
Hey, quit being immature before this thread gets closed.

EDIT: No it was not towards you Psycho, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom