• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I don't think White even has a career anymore, I'm sure he'll take anything he can get his hands on.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
White was good for the old Sonic, Ya know. The Short one.
But for the new Sonic, he heed a voice like Sonic Adventure 2. He was good.
We like the cocky Sonic voice that White gave him back for the old cartoons. Dont get me wrong, it couldnt have been better.
But to keep people away from the factor that Sonic he becoming more of a Kids thing, He should have his SA2B voice, or close to it.
My understanding is that Ryan Drummond was replaced with the 4Kids actor (Jason Griffith) after Sonic Advance 3. He's trying to get his role back, without much luck.

Sinn

Smash Lord
SA2 Battle has more multiplayer stages and characters in it...so if you're into that, it would be a better buy. Also it can link with the GBA version of Sonic for some of the chao stuff, but I never really used that so much.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Would you guys recommend Sonic Adventure DX? I'm curious to buy it now, was it a good game?

Also, should I get SA2 or SA2Battle with it, too? Is there a difference?
Sonic Adventure games are awesome. SA2B was better put together, Plus its got GCN, which also plays on Wii. SA2 only on Dreamcast. (I have 642 hours on SA2B).

Ryan Drummond is the best voice actor for Sonic.
Its all over EVERYWHERE.
Anime News network even says so.
4kids and suck my ballz.
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle has all the best Voice actors.
Also, check out Sonic The Hedgehog the Movie. They have great voice actors too. Their different than what we are now use too. But for back then, the voices take place right at the turning point where the Sonic franchize started to mature.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I never got the animation in SA DX. the fact that the eyes changed shape when the characters talked caused me to raise an eyebrow or two (of course, the animation was still youn gat the time, so I can't say anything.)

as long as they get a voice actor who doesn't make you want to pull out Sonic's vocal chords when he talks, I'm happy.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
I never got the animation in SA DX. the fact that the eyes changed shape when the characters talked caused me to raise an eyebrow or two (of course, the animation was still youn gat the time, so I can't say anything.)

as long as they get a voice actor who doesn't make you want to pull out Sonic's vocal chords when he talks, I'm happy.
I wasn't entirely sure what you meant, so I Youtubed a video...

And wow, that's incredibly creepy.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think that they will probably not have much voice attacking for sonic... probably just grunts and noise like he made in original sonics.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I wasn't entirely sure what you meant, so I Youtubed a video...

And wow, that's incredibly creepy.
Bahahaha! Jiggly foreheads!

ProudNintendofan

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... to be honest, considering in Smash Bros. they haven't always bothered to give the characters English voices. (Case in point, Fox, Falco and Captain Falcon and especially Marth and Roy) So if they can't or won't get Ryan Drummond back, I'd rather they just use Sonic's Japanese seiyuu for Sonic's voice in Brawl.

ProudNintendofan

Smash Apprentice
David Hayter should do the voice of every other character in the series. His voice is just so full of win.
Hmm... I've heard that David Hayter's voice will be in Brawl... (I don't know if that's true) so it's likely they'll just use Solid Snake's Japanese voice actor. (I forget his name)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
Hideo Kojima actually favors David Hayter over whomever the Japanese VA for Snake is, so I don't see why he wouldn't be put in Brawl. Besides that, Hayter loves Snake and would go to the end of the world to voice for him.

EDIT:
Also, I don't know how much this helps, but his Wiki page states he'll be on the cast for Brawl.

EDIT2:
An even more reliable source (Hayter's official website) says he's doing the acting for Snake in Brawl.

Yay! {fanboy seizure}

SonicMario

Smash Master
Hey guys. I'd like to ask: How happy would you fell when Sonic has been fully confirmed? Will you be so happy that your friends & family will look at you strangely and say: Dude/(Your Name) why are you so strangely happy?

ProudNintendofan

Smash Apprentice
^^^^
Hideo Kojima actually favors David Hayter over whomever the Japanese VA for Snake is, so I don't see why he wouldn't be put in Brawl. Besides that, Hayter loves Snake and would go to the end of the world to voice for him.

EDIT:
Also, I don't know how much this helps, but his Wiki page states he'll be on the cast for Brawl.

EDIT2:
An even more reliable source (Hayter's official website) says he's doing the acting for Snake in Brawl.

Yay! {fanboy seizure}
Really? Wow... hmm... that's strange. Well, one way or another it shows that Konami knows who fans love as the voice of Snake and that he is simply irreplacable and Nintendo knows that in keeping Charles Martinent as the voice of Mario... Sega should've realized that many fans saw Ryan Drummond as the voice of Sonic that way... that's part of the reason they've been going downhill for so many years... they "claim" to be listening, but they don't give a **** really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom