• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Just a tip, to help out you guys out- You should really edit your first post. Prove some stuff wrong and post pictures and what not. It'll really cut back on the haters, not that there are very many to begin with. We're in the process of doing it over on the Ridley thread, and I'd just thought I'd let you guys know since you're are fellow thread/club, and we don't want you to get left in the dust. I know we're too awesome, but you can at least try and keep up, LOL.

For instance, post that one giant move set of sprites.

SonicMario

Smash Master
We're just trying to be different from your club Gypsy. We try to fit to our won style while R.I.D.L.E.Y. does their own style. Without causing unrest between the 2. We're 2 groups supporting 2 very different popular characters. We must not get in eachother's way. It's like having 2 support marches meet up in the same city. You can not have room for both demonstrations in one sitting.

P.S. 665th post. Next 666th. Quick! Tell me to say something evil! (The 666 thing)

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
We're just trying to be different from your club Gypsy. We try to fit to our won style while R.I.D.L.E.Y. does their own style. Without causing unrest between the 2. We're 2 groups supporting 2 very different popular characters. We must not get in eachother's way. It's like having 2 support marches meet up in the same city. You can not have room for both demonstrations in one sitting.

P.S. 665th post. Next 666th. Quick! Tell me to say something evil! (The 666 thing)
That's not copying RIDLEY.
Its just a smart idea so everything is centrally located.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Yo, You guys ahould do what Sonink, SiD and I did. Just put Gypsy on your ignore list. Life is much better that way. Lolz.
I don't undersatnd all the hate for Gypsy.
So what if he can act like an *** from ime to time.
Most of the time is cool and he was just trying to help you out by telling you to add all your things to the first post, which is what every other character support thread does, not just RIDLEY.

SonicMario

Smash Master
MU HAH HAH HAH!

All deconfirmed charcaters die and burn to the Ground! Tingle was recent, Pichu will be next MU HAH HAH!

Sonic 4 Brawl, Both Jesus & Satan DEMANDS IT!

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Does Kaid even care about this thread anymore?

Off-topic: What do you think of my little sprite next to the Member tag?:chuckle:
he in a mario costume, sweet.......any ways the tingle thing before......he is deconfirmed...hes a trophy,not a character one either

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I wish I could edit Kaid's 1st post and add in my Move List, cause I really dont like his. (thats thea reason I made mine in the 1st place, not cause i was just bored)

(Dedede Vs Megaman and Cloud Vs Knuckles = Complete. 50 slides so far, This is gunna be Big)

Sinn

Smash Lord
SiegK, you do good work. I can't wait to see what you've got cooked up. It makes me miss my days of sprite comic-ing, but I'm afraid that ripping all the sprites I want (and custom making ones I need that don't exist) is just too time consuming for me right now...

SiegK

Smash Champion
SiegK, you do good work. I can't wait to see what you've got cooked up. It makes me miss my days of sprite comic-ing, but I'm afraid that ripping all the sprites I want (and custom making ones I need that don't exist) is just too time consuming for me right now...
It is for me too. o.o. Lol. But whatever, I think its fun. (could be playing Halo 3 right now) But I do it for you guys.

And Sinn, your gunna love what happens with Ryo-ohki and Sonic. Working on it right now.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
And I beat my friend's Fox and my other friend's Falco and Marth with Link.
I do think tiers exist, but the can be warped and are never definite.

EDIT:
And I have a pretty good Ness too. ;)

But Sonic will be on whatever tier Mario is, otherwise it just wouldn't be fair for either company (depending on who's mascot is ranked lower).

SiegK

Smash Champion
Tiers dont mean thay auto win they mean that which character are more well rounded than others, Fox is acutually the best character in the game. he is way imba, imbalanced. Teirs exist, but dont get into this argument on this thread, please go elswhere.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
Gypsy Lee isn't on my ignore list.

As for our OP, kaid pretty much never posts in this thread or pays it any attention. I think the only way it'd get upgraded were if our thread was restarted (which I hope it won't be)

Sinn

Smash Lord
Hey now, you really wanna talk back to your Master. :bluejump:

On a side none Sonic note:
Ganondorf and Sheik have been confirmed cuz someone from the SSBB team said he was working on their costumes in an interview.
I read about that...and to me it does seem highly likely, but the fact still remains that even if they gave concept designs for the characters, the decision to include them or not would eventually fall on Sakurai and what he finally decided would be best. Though...come on. Why WOULDN'T he.

I can not wait to see what a TP version of Sheik looks like.

Sonic vs Sheik for the win.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
I read about that...and to me it does seem highly likely, but the fact still remains that even if they gave concept designs for the characters, the decision to include them or not would eventually fall on Sakurai and what he finally decided would be best. Though...come on. Why WOULDN'T he.

I can not wait to see what a TP version of Sheik looks like.

Sonic vs Sheik for the win.
I really don't think Sheik's going to be in Brawl.

Yes, it's because Sheik isn't in TP. Yes, I'm aware that there's probably a counter-argument floating around out there.

SiD

Smash Master
I really don't think Sheik's going to be in Brawl.

Yes, it's because Sheik isn't in TP. Yes, I'm aware that there's probably a counter-argument floating around out there.
That's stupid reasoning, this is a game, it's not canon, it has nothing to do with where people's looks are based off of.

btw everyone, HALO 3 IS THE BEST THING EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Meh, never been a Halo fan. Brawl will be the best thing ever. No foolin'.

And we already DO have a counter to that argument up there. Why would the designers request a TP design concept of Sheik if they had no intention of bringing him back?

Sirias

Smash Champion
I think the more characters the better.
If Sonic's going to be in it, I'm going to cry from memories because I haven't played a Sonic game where Sonic has been in it for so long. :'C

Sonic the Hedgehog...
Dun dun dun dun dun dun.
:D Yay.~

I want Tails to be in it too, but Tails would be fail.

Betrayed

Smash Ace
Tails WOULD be fail, unless it's the non-lame version from CD3.

I only mentioned the tier list because I kind of hope Sonic makes it into the mid tier so not everybody mains him.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Hey now, you really wanna talk back to your Master. :bluejump:

On a side none Sonic note:
Ganondorf and Sheik have been confirmed cuz someone from the SSBB team said he was working on their costumes in an interview.
Actually, that proves nothing. It's only been confirmed that concept art of them has exchanged hands to Sakurai. It's up to Sakurai do decide of they ultimately make the cut or not. Though, I do pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that they both make it in.

And you're not my Master, you're only my Photoshop Sensei. Don't get too cocky.

btw everyone, HALO 3 IS THE BEST THING EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And it probably will be for a while... that is, until Brawl is released...

dk64

Smash Cadet
Meh, never been a Halo fan. Brawl will be the best thing ever. No foolin'.

And we already DO have a counter to that argument up there. Why would the designers request a TP design concept of Sheik if they had no intention of bringing -HIM- back?

that reminds me, is shiek really a guy or a girl, cuz i always thought a girl...???

Sirias

Smash Champion
If Sheik was a guy, he'd be a trans.
I don't think Nintendo wants to be known to have a 'transsexual' in their games.
Then again, other people think otherwise.
Sheik's a girl, even though in SSBM she seems to have quite a... 'bulge'.
A very flat chested girl...
<.<;; Then again Zelda was trying to 'conceal' herself.
Concealment like changing genders, lol.
Nah. Listen to her voice. It's pretty girly. It's like a husky voice, but still girly.

... <.<;;
SONIC FOR BRAWL!
*on topic yayuhz*

Sinn

Smash Lord
that reminds me, is shiek really a guy or a girl, cuz i always thought a girl...???
Ah, I was wondering if someone would mention this.

Yes, popular belief is that Sheik is a female, based on the fact that Zelda is also female. And granted, there's not much I can offer that can't be countered with a simple response of, "It's a disguise," or, "She's using magic to change her appearance," and what have you. But the reason I personally think Sheik is a man is this:

Apart from the fact that Zelda's voice, height, skin color, eye color, hair color, hair length and entire body shape change when she is Sheik (have you ever seen the bulge in Sheik's pants, or lack of breasts? Check the original official Sheik art for what I mean), the biggest reason I have to believe that Sheik is a man is the fact that in both Ocarina of Time and in Melee, Zelda uses the Triforce of Wisdom to transform. This transformation isn't entirely dissimilar to the one that Ganondorf goes through when he morphs into his pig Ganon form. And IF it is a total physical transformation, not just a disguise, I don't see why it's so hard to believe that Sheik is supposed to be a man. Other characters in OoT refer to him as such (Ruto specifically comes to mind), and just looking at him you can see that they obviously intended for him to at least APPEAR male.

If the TP rendition of Sheik is much more feminine, then I'll give in to this point. But as it is, I still think Sheik is a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom