• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Charizard Return! *Asks Samus to return to her games*

*Reminds P.I. & Lego that this is a Sonic thread, not a Master Cheif Vs. Samus thread. And asks gently to propose that in Tru underdog's Fight Club*

Sonic 4 Brawl

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thats about character inclusion not actual fights...

And still having trouble finding 5 more members ey?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Hey, the complete starting list is up for M&SatOG.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a9/Mario&Soniccharacterscreen.jpg

Looks great, but the list is a tad short. There must be some secret characters somewhere, right?
I was surprised Big the Cat isn't on the power character list, but Vector the Crocodile is. Nothing against him, I just thought Big would be there.

And I'm also upset that Waluigi is on their in the first place.
(God how I loathe him...)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, the complete starting list is up for M&SatOG.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a9/Mario&Soniccharacterscreen.jpg

Looks great, but the list is a tad short. There must be some secret characters somewhere, right?
I was surprised Big the Cat isn't on the power character list, but Vector the Crocodile is. Nothing against him, I just thought Big would be there.

And I'm also upset that Waluigi is on their in the first place.
(God how I loathe him...)
**** Waluigi...I'm hopeful for the Chameleon guy and Mecha Sonic...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
**** Waluigi...I'm hopeful for the Chameleon guy and Mecha Sonic...
Yea, Espio should be in the all-around category, Metal Sonic would be a kickass speed character, Silver would be a cool technical character, and Big would be a good strength character.

I don't know who else could sqeeze in from the Mario series to make the rosters even... but I'm sure Sega will think of something.

EDIT:
DK would be a strength character, Samus would be an all-around character, Fox would be a speed character, and Link would be a technical character.

Huzzah for "Mario & Sonic & Super Smash Bros at the Olympic Games"!!!

Team Giza

Smash Lord
After going through a bunch of Sonic movesets people made I put some together and came up with this... (a lot is taken from the first post on this topic)
--
Sonic the Hedgehog

Details:
Sonic is a mid-falling speed character
Somewhat light
His jump is around the of Falco’s, as is his short hop
Running speed is comparable to C. Falcon
Traction is comparable to that of Marth

Moveset:

A: Left Punch, Right Punch, Kick (basic combo from battle)
Forward-Tilt: A fast forward kick
Down-tilt: Leg Toss (Sonic the Fighters), Sonic sweeps his leg forward while crouching
Up-Tilt: Ballet Toss (Sonic the Fighters), a quick swing of both hands upwards

Smashes:
Upsmash: Upward Thrust (Sonic Battle)
F-smash: Heavy Kick (Sonic the Fighters)
Down-smash: Heavy Strike (Sonic Battle), Swings feet foward, then back, while balancing on a hand

Aerials:
Neutral: Rolls into his ball jump, he does a slight bounce when he hits the opponent
Forward-air: kicks forward in the air, then flips (no hitbox on filp)
Back-air: Spine attack, sonic learns back and his spines get sharper making his whole back a hitbox
Down-air: Slam down kick (Sonic Battle), the move he uses to follow up from a ground combo, meteor attack
Up-air: Aerial Backflip moves, his legs extend at above him creating the hit box

B moves:
Neutral B: Ring Toss, throws a ring forward. It starts out bouncing slowly but quickly picks up good speed as it bounces. Gives upwards knockback.
Side B: Flame tackle, Sonic launches himself slightly forward in a burst of flames.
Up B: Bumper: A bumper appears below Sonic and he bounces off of it in a forward and upward trajectory. The bumper stay out for a little while so other players can bounce on it too sometimes.
Down B: Spin Attack, you start spinning, and you can charge it for longer distances by rapidly pressing B. Release holding down to release yourself. If you press B when you are rolling forward you can cancel it (with a special animation) into a run (running speed will be effected by how much you charged).
Down B (in air): Bounce attack: Sonic slams himself downwards and bounces back up. He can bounce off of the ground, opponent’s shields, and aerial opponents (causing a weak meteor effect)

Grab/Throws:
Standing Grab: Holds them like most grabs, range is similar to Dr. Mario’s
Running grab: Quicker than most running grabs, only slightly longer than his standing, has more forward range then his standing grab
Grab Attack: Knees the opponent
Down Throw: Stomps on the opponent’s foot (Sonic the Fighter), and they are left holding it in pain for a short period allowing you to start up any quick attack you choose. Another grab cannot be performed when they are in this state.
Back Throw: Sonic does a spinning attack over the opponent’s head sending them flying back
Up Throw: Grabs opponent with his legs and does a flip, releasing them into the air
Forward throw: Magic Hands- Sonic puts the opponent into a magical ball. Has the same properties as if Sonic was holding an item but his running is slowed down, but the opponent can wiggle out of it so don’t hold them too long.

Dash attack: Sonic Rush turbo, sort of like Sheik’s dash attack but stays out for 2x as long and keeps moving the whole time

Final Smash: Super Sonic

Taunt: Looks towards the screen and waves his index finger

Wall Jump: Yes

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
@ Giza:
Excellent job. You've taken the best of the best moves from the best movesets and pieced them together to form the ultimate Sonic moveset. Kudos.

@ Falco&Victory:
. . . Bwahahahahaha! Sexellent comic! And I like the area they fight in, it's perfect for a Smash stage. Was that your idea?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
No, it was ummm... Another Megaman X background I think
It would be a pretty cool stage though, if the took off the walk-off edge
Nah, I think a walk-off suits that stage. What with it being in the middle of the woods and the water pit in the middle. Imagine that? A stage with a water pit in the middle that slowed your character down... man, that would be sweet.

Betrayed

Smash Ace
You're a lazy one, aren't you?

Go to the mods and see who keeps taking the comics down, jeez. I mean, if it's one of the mods themselves then... okay...

But if it's... oh say, a sore member of a certain club...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
You're a lazy one, aren't you?

Go to the mods and see who keeps taking the comics down, jeez. I mean, if it's one of the mods themselves then... okay...

But if it's... oh say, a sore member of a certain club...
Relax, it can't be anyone other than a mod. So no one flame anyone in R.I.D.L.E.Y., please.
The last thing we need right now is an unprovoked and unnecessary argument between both parties. We just came off a mutual understanding, let's not break our peace.

Sonic and Ridley 4 BFFLs

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
great, now If I don't want Ridley and Sonic to be bff's I have to kill one...
*coin flip*

i'm running out of ideas, maybe I should make a knock-off version with new actors and name it Ridley VS Sonic X!

vegaspoker

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me wrong Sonic would be good in Brawl, and I kinda wanna see him there in it, but if he's put in, the producers will probably put in more Sonic characters such as Tails/Knuckles/Shadow/Blaze, and IMO that will kinda kill the originality of such a cool character.

Well there's that, and the fact that Sonic's dash will be madly dumbed down, so he can actually stay on the stage when he dashes. But, it wont matter much - If Bowser can change size every game then Sonic can change speeds :laugh:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
No, they wouldn't put in more Sonic characters.

Sakurai said only one or two more 3rd Party guests after Snake. And I doubt Sakurai will use both slots for Sonic characters. The only other characters to make an appearance in Brawl would have to be: Tails, Knuckles, and/or Amy as ATs; Dr Eggman/Robotnik as a boss; and Shadow/Silver as alternate skins for Sonic. Anyone else from the series and anyone I mentioned also have a chance to be trophies, but other than that, no one will be a fighter.

Sonic 4 Brawl

(The rest can come later! ;))

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I put it forward that the first person to post on this thread when Sonic's update emerges shall be known as... the Sonic Zealot... or should we award that title to the one who makes the post uber over the top?

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
I put it forward that the first person to post on this thread when Sonic's update emerges shall be known as... the Sonic Zealot... or should we award that title to the one who makes the post uber over the top?
There's probably going to be several pages appearing at a time when he's confirmed. Knowing who posted first won't really be practical/necessary.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Omg! Sorry Ive been away! Umm, My Internet was dead and It killed me too. My modem died....I was sad.

Anyway, what did I miss?

EDIT: Wow. Nvm. Its been like... a day. And I havnt missed a page. You guys dont really do much when im not around huh? Or maybe its that I talk alot and then out of turn and than people talk about stuff and than an update and than a comic and than TV and than Homework and than...OMG I got Halo 3 last night at midnight and its so cool. Whoa, I totally went off course with this havnt I? Anyway.

Scratch that up there, I guess i havnt missed anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom