• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinn

Smash Lord
King? Nah. I generally try not to rant most of the time. I've found the longer the post is, the more likely someone's going to come along, quote some or all of it, and try to poke at it just to spite you. But I've been thinking about it for most of the day too, so...this is what happens when I see people arguing for what I consider to be no real reason.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I'm jus sayin Sinn could b a girl and if that's true then she'd b a queen. No, an empress! Yupity yup yup!!

SONIC 4 BRAWL YALL!
Or maybe a 女神.

I WAS the Latrine Diva back in Basic Training...on account of my being in charge of the latrine and...singing all the time.

>.>

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Chinese <3

Also military. Though not China's military.

声波的刺猬为斗殴!

Shēngbō de Cìwei wèi Dòu'ōu!

Sonic the Hedgehog for Brawl!
I believe the question was directed more at the "Latrine Diva" portion of your comment. That's certainly what intrigued me.

I'm just gonna jump in here..
Sonic *****.
FS = Super Sonic
Item = Spring

How does he not fit?
*takes a sizable swig of Haterade*

BECAUSE SONIC IS A HEDGEHOG AND EVERYONE KNOWS HEDGEHOGS CAN'T FIGHT. HE JUST WOULDN'T FIT WITH THE OTHER CHARACTERS LIKE SNAKE AND PIKACHU. ALL SONIC DOES IS RUN FAST. BLUE IS A LAME COLOR. HIS EYES ARE FUNNY. I HATE MY LIFE.

Sorry. When I drink Haterade, I tend to speak in all capital letters in order to get my very correct opinion across. It helps prove that what I'm saying is valid, and convinces people to stop supporting a viable Brawl candidate.

Sonic 4 Brawl.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I believe the question was directed more at the "Latrine Diva" portion of your comment. That's certainly what intrigued me.
Ah, yes ^_^; Well, you see, in the US Air Force's Basic Training, they give everyone in the flight responsibilities called "details". Basically it's where you clean stuff, and in some cases, are in CHARGE of people who clean stuff. For some reason I can't begin to fathom, they decided that I should replace the current person in charge of the bathroom cleaning and be the new "Latrine Queen" as they called it. Though as I said...I sang a lot. So I called myself the Latrine Diva. Some people actually liked it, sang along...

I'ma head to bed. If any of you are up in six hours, I'll see ya later. Viva la Hedgehog!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ah, yes ^_^; Well, you see, in the US Air Force's Basic Training, they give everyone in the flight responsibilities called "details". Basically it's where you clean stuff, and in some cases, are in CHARGE of people who clean stuff. For some reason I can't begin to fathom, they decided that I should replace the current person in charge of the bathroom cleaning and be the new "Latrine Queen" as they called it. Though as I said...I sang a lot. So I called myself the Latrine Diva. Some people actually liked it, sang along...
My, not exactly my first thought when someone says "Air Force Basic Training", but it sounds like a hoot and half.

Haterade, that's ****ing awesome lol, should be a Brawl item, like SuperSpicy Curry, but a drink :p
Totally. A character drinks it and just starts spouting off &'s, @'s and #'s at some other character because they clearly don't "belong" in the game.

I'd lol.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Berkus where you been??? You missed an attack by RIDLEY. That was funny.
This weekened has been kind of crazy for me, so I've been away from my trusty computer. But I did manage to catch a couple of posts from. . . Falco&Victory, I think?

I should go back and read everything, because I'm sure it was epic. Sorry I missed it.

EDIT: Except I just realized it's uber late and now I'm gonna get about 5 hours of sleep as it is, so that shall have to wait for another day. Goodnight, friends of the 'hog.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Lol, I passed your post count.

Wait, maybe that's not a good thing.
I'd say so. You did join months earlier than I did. As it is, it's probably not good that I passed 1000 so quickly.

I wouldn't use the word 'epic'.

I think 'pitiful' is far more appropriate.
I'll take that in a positive way, I guess. I can only assume that Sonic would be the one dominating (cause that's just how my mind works).

Still, it is late, so I'll try and read up on the carnage tomorrow. I'm really going now. Night all.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
I'd say so. You did join months earlier than I did. As it is, it's probably not good that I passed 1000 so quickly.

I'll take that in a positive way, I guess. I can only assume that Sonic would be the one dominating (cause that's just how my mind works).

Still, it is late, so I'll try and read up on the carnage tomorrow. I'm really going now. Night all.
A summary is that SiegK made a comic where Sonic made fun of Ridley, R.I.D.L.E.Y. members got their knickers in a twist and declared 'war' (reed: big, bold, red text) on S.S.S.

Follow up with incessant flaming and poor logic skills.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
SiegK said:
SiegK, (Short for Sieg King Kirby). I’m 18 years old and I have been following Sonic and his life ever sense I could comprehend what a video game was.

I fell in love with Sonic starting with his video games. The speed was what I needed. The music was cool and grabbed me. Sonic music has always been awesome in my eyes even if people say it’s annoying that I play the old levels a lot. I followed the Sonic fandom not just by its games but by all means and platforms. My favorite show for the longest time was never rivaled by The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (which the complete box set of the series just came out on DVD, fyi. And I just bought it yesterday.). Not just his speed held me, but I’ve always found his character to be the most balanced I’ve ever seen in any show or animated character. Arrogant, doing what seems right to him, not being the big goodie-two-shoes but more of the ‘my way or the highway’ kinda guy has always kept me to his fandom. The balance with his personality is not faltered; some say a good character for the hero must be completely just. That’s not true. What makes the Sonic fandom so great is that the personality of the just and perfect hero is spread between all Sonic characters.

Sonic has been my hero sense I was a toddler. Ask anyone close to me. On questionnaires, if I’m asked who I Look up to I answer Sonic, Some little boys might say their dad. But even though he is fictional, he is the most down to earth character I have ever known. You know he wants to do what’s best for freedom and what’s right. You know he’s a good guy and would never do anything bad, but the way he projects himself is so perfect that he can be an @$$hole and ignorant towards some things and still we can still be ok with it without flaging him as an @$$. He is a perfect character, though he isn’t a perfect person. Sonic has his dumb moments, where he wont get something or be lost in a conversation, and not because he doesn’t learn or isn’t smart. Most of the time is doesn’t concern him. When Tails tries to explain his latest invention Sonic says, “Yeah okay, okay, let’s just go.” He isn’t being an *** or ignoring Tails, he just wants to see what it does not how it works. Or when Sally creates a new invention to help the freedom fighters and shows Sonic what it’s suppose to do he just cuts her off with a, “Cool. That’s great, Sal.” Than he bolts off to try it. Again, its not that he’s not appreciative, it’s just that he isn’t interested in the tech portion of it. On the other hand, he always listens intently to each of her plans of action and even though he may do something a little different than what was planed, he always gets the job done.

Another reason why I love the Sonic fandom, it has so many branches, Sonic Archie Comics, the many Sonic TV shows, Sonic the Hedgehog the Movie, and his ever expansive Video Game franchise. I’ve stayed tuned to all of the Blue Blur’s branches, I’ve roll played him as a character in countless RPG forums and chat rooms, I am an artist and he has been the object of many of my pieces, I don’t own a PSP yet I couldn’t even stop myself from purchasing Sonic Rivals, I’ve created Sonic Brawl Levels for the fans on Smash Boards and posted a Move Set List complete with Sprites as a diagram explaining the move set’s words and I wouldn’t pass up the chance to be a member in such an awesome Sonic Fan guild/club/group whatever you wanna call it, for the world.

I hope this answers all you asked of me and I’ll be awaiting your answer. Hope to hear from you again.

Your Fellow Sonic Fanboy Expert,
- Sieg King Kirby
Never has anyone been more deserving to join a Sonic fan club.

SiegK, we salute you.

SiD

Smash Master
*Salutes*

That was Epic SiegK. And totally awesome. Here's my favorite part:

Teh Awesome aka Sieg Kirby King said:
Not just his speed held me, but I’ve always found his character to be the most balanced I’ve ever seen in any show or animated character. Arrogant, doing what seems right to him, not being the big goodie-two-shoes but more of the ‘my way or the highway’ kinda guy has always kept me to his fandom. The balance with his personality is not faltered; some say a good character for the hero must be completely just. That’s not true. What makes the Sonic fandom so great is that the personality of the just and perfect hero is spread between all Sonic characters.
*Bows to SiegK*

SiegK, I'm gonna send you a PM.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Thx. Id say something more but im afraid i might get flagged for spam, cause ive already said it in my PM to Sonink. Lol. But really, Hes an awesome character with an awesome personality, awesome abilities and Best chance for Brawl than any character. I say that in full. Cause Nintendo has already requested him. So Nobody can say otherwise.
Ha! To those who do.
The only way Sonic wont make it to Brawl would be SEGA's idiocy. Period. Otherwise, he would already be in hands down. No question.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
Thx. Id say something more but im afraid i might get flagged for spam, cause ive already said it in my PM to Sonink. Lol. But really, Hes an awesome character with an awesome personality, awesome abilities and Best chance for Brawl than any character. I say that in full. Cause Nintendo has already requested him. So Nobody can say otherwise.
Ha! To those who do.
The only way Sonic wont make it to Brawl would be SEGA's idiocy. Period. Otherwise, he would already be in hands down. No question.
We'll all have a hearty laugh while we Brawl online with Sonic and the Ridley lovers look desperately for non-existent ways to unlock their precious Space Thing.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Good golly SeigK, what an epic post.

Ridley raid? Dammit... what happened to just letting sleeping dogs lie?

Sinn said:
After reading over the little incident here, I felt inclined to say a few things, but decided against it since I only read it after all the arguing had died down. But since an actual member of R.I.D.L.E.Y. is being thoughtful enough to ask for my opinion, I'll tell you.

Yes, for the record, I DO support Ridley as well as Sonic. I think that Ridley is an interesting character and an awesome fear inspiring villain. On top of that, while Sonic has a number of legal hoops to jump through to allow him to get into Brawl, Ridley has no such obstacles to overcome. That said, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Ridley is going to get put into the game. However, circumstantial evidence being as strong as it is, and common sense being what it is too, I feel strongly enough about the odds of Sonic's inclusion to bet money on it, if anyone around me able to take said bet actually cared.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

When I first came to this forum, there were a number of character threads that I noticed on the front page and started to post in. The vast majority of these threads I still post in regularly today. The singular exception to this is Ridley's thread. Why? I think it boils down to two reasons. First, it's the only thread that I was checking that, every time I logged on, had between five to ten new pages to read through before I got caught up with everything. There were other threads that I wanted to post in, and I didn't feel like sifting through that many pages each time I came here, especially during the times my Internet takes forever to load a single page (which happens more and more frequently recently).

The SECOND reason is that, in all honesty, the sheet fanaticism on the thread turns me off. Other character threads that I go to all seem to have the same feeling of, "We really want this character in the game, we have a slew of reasons why it would make sense. However, there are these several points that we can agree with that OPEN UP THE POSSIBILITY that this character will not be playable." There was no such tolerance that I found on the Ridley thread. Heck, I remember making a comment that didn't even HAVE anything to do with Ridley not being playable, but with his included moves potentially feeling nerfed compared to what they SHOULD be for his character due to the nature of the game giving him limited flight, and how he could have no flying limitations as a boss build; I even brought up the possibility of them making a separate moveset for the boss version of Ridley that allowed him to always stay in the air. Two or three people immediately shot back somewhat negative responses and everyone else just wrote off and ignored the comment.

So...this roundabout rant really says this: yes, I support both Ridley and Sonic for Brawl. But I stopped subscribing to the Ridley thread within a week of registering on the site. Judging by certain people's actions, I think there might be a member of that club or two who need to calm the **Q* down. It's a club about wanting something from one video game to be in another video game. THAT'S what it boils down to. It is NOT a HUGE deal. It is NOT something worth getting pissy about and hurling instigating remarks online at others for. You all want the character in the game. So do I. LIGHTEN UP. The intensity with which they want the character in or the severity with which they attack others who don't follow their Cult of the Space Dragon dogma to ignore any rational thought that might support something OTHER than what they believe isn't doing ANYTHING to add to the likelihood of him showing up, and it proves NOTHING.
Thank you! This is why I don't post in the Ridley thread as much anymore. Don't get me wrong, I support Ridley and all but some people in there do need to take a chill pill every now and again. I'm glad that we at least can realize that there are valid points both for and against Sonic's inclusion, but we still will support him. Given, I think some of the fanboyism over in the Ridley thread is bloody hilarious, but there was a little too much flaming for my taste.

Sonic For Brawl, new management for SEGA, let's be friends on smashboards!

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
SONIC!

Sonic 1 was hard yet very fun, number two was far funner and more memorable, number 3 was just plain EPIC

Now the sonic series is going downhill. I just hope nintendo can save it, seeing as everyone else already failer

S4B

Sinn

Smash Lord
Oh, speaking of which, I DID pick up Mega Collection this weekend. It, uh...kicks my ***. At least the first game is right now. This whole concept of Game Over without continues upsets me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom