• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.

(Pleas Note: This much of the stage will not be shown at one time, i just didnt wanna cut up EACH and every screenshot.)

Sorry for it being so big. :bluejump:

Alright now, this is a stage everyone can agree with cause it sticks to new Brawl theme. Changing stage within a stage, such as Castle Siege and Battleship Halberd.
Its a Mix of Hidden Palace Zone and Sky Sanctuary Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles. If you remember, the change takes place when Sonic and Tails or Knuckles, stand on the teleporting ruby sphere in the after the ancient hieroglyphics showing Super Sonic fighting Robotnik. Instead, Ive put them in the same room.

The 1st Stage has a an equal ceiling and floor but no sides. Placed in the middle is the teleporting ruby sphere. A warp beam will draw all character up through the ceiling of the cave and teleport you to Sky Sanctuary Zone, only when all characters playing in the match either touch the sphere or are in a direct path vertically with the sphere and each other.

Once at the Sky Sanctuary, you will see the Death Egg above your head in the clouds, Angel Island floating in the distance and the ruby sphere, though you may not return to the Hidden Palace from this point. In either stage, the ruby sphere does not interact with ur movement, you cannot stand on it, run into it or hit it, untill activated it remains in the background.

FINAL SMASH

gsaran

Smash Cadet
Has anyone mentioned sonic transforming into super sonic? maybe a final smash idea or have it as one of the B moves.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
you know what is kinda bad about sonic, we wont know hes in till its released...they arent announcing 3rd party characters on the site...grrrr

SiD

Smash Master
you know what is kinda bad about sonic, we wont know hes in till its released...they arent announcing 3rd party characters on the site...grrrr
That doesn't mean they aren't announcing them at all. *Points to Snake*

I guarantee they announce 3rd parties somehow, especially Sonic, as it will boost sales for Brawl and for SOnic games, specifically MaSatOG.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Has anyone mentioned sonic transforming into super sonic? maybe a final smash idea or have it as one of the B moves.
I had a move for Sonic that wasn't a FS and involved Super Sonic. I made a while back (I forget where) in my moveset for him. It was Sonic's uB. (I'm going to tweak it a bit here because I think I have a better system for it.)

"Taste of Chaos"- Sonic, on his own pure ability, briefly transforms into Super Sonic. He boosts himself into the air straight west, northwest, north, northeast, or east. He has invincibility throughout his whole attack, goes a fairly far distance, and does a great amount of damage. The one drawback to this move? A huge amount of recovery time after the move is finished. Becoming Super takes a lot of energy out of you if you're not using the power from the Chaos Emeralds.

EDIT:
And I'm sure they'll release Snake, Sonic, and whoever else they choose for Brawl in the last week of November. This way, the 3rd Party companies can get their advertisement on.

Shuma

Smash Hero
IIRC Snake was announced only 'cause Sakurai wasn't working on Brawl at that time. Aniway, i though Brawl came out nov 22 in Japan?

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
=O

Shuma... you're in the sonic thread *shunned*

Anyway, everyone here deserves a troll to flame

MARIO IS BETTER THAN SONIC!

1: Sonic is too big for brawl
2: His character model is too awkward
3: He hasn't been in every metroid game
4: Sonic's character model would look too awkward

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I dont care whether Sonic is in or not there is only one blue third party character that i care if he gets in...

But i have to say those stages are teh ****s seriously they are great my favorite one has to be the ice one thought... how about a stage where you jump from asteroid to asteroid?

STFU Flaco stop causing trouble between R.I.D.L.E.Y. and SSS or i will have your *** on a plater!

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
=O

EDIT: Double post
EDIT EDIT: Joke, i've played/beaten almost every sonic game ever made(except the newest ones), sonic is awesome

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
=O

EDIT: Double post
EDIT EDIT: Joke, i've played/beaten almost every sonic game ever made(except the newest ones), sonic is awesome
Don't forget the Sonic Boss Battle music...Sonic is definetly going to be a boss

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well I'm glad that at least one person was amused...I had bad timing for posting that, what with being RIGHT before the massive (and awesome) stage post.

Shuma

Smash Hero
There's no Problem Lego, F&V is just joking, although we all know Sonic is too blue for brawl.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
what are you talking about...

and i know they'll announce another 3rd party before it comes out
plus it comes out in nov for japan, we'll know the whole lineup here before it's released (prays for leak)...

SiD

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the Wii's disc drive can't spin fast enough to have Sonic on it....I guess they'll have to make a Wii Elite for us to play as him.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
That doesn't mean they aren't announcing them at all. *Points to Snake*

I guarantee they announce 3rd parties somehow, especially Sonic, as it will boost sales for Brawl and for SOnic games, specifically MaSatOG.
If anything, Sonic being in Brawl would kill the sales for M&S@OG.

If you can have Mario and Sonic fist fighting each other why would u bother to play dumb Games?

The game is gunna suck.
(Still gunna buy it. Lol)

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
yeah u cant compari mario and sonic olyimpics to smash bros people who like mini games will buy mario and sonic no matter what and sonic being in brawl would just boost brawls sales even more !

Sinn

Smash Lord
Do you support Ridley as well as Sonic?
After reading over the little incident here, I felt inclined to say a few things, but decided against it since I only read it after all the arguing had died down. But since an actual member of R.I.D.L.E.Y. is being thoughtful enough to ask for my opinion, I'll tell you.

Yes, for the record, I DO support Ridley as well as Sonic. I think that Ridley is an interesting character and an awesome fear inspiring villain. On top of that, while Sonic has a number of legal hoops to jump through to allow him to get into Brawl, Ridley has no such obstacles to overcome. That said, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Ridley is going to get put into the game. However, circumstantial evidence being as strong as it is, and common sense being what it is too, I feel strongly enough about the odds of Sonic's inclusion to bet money on it, if anyone around me able to take said bet actually cared.

ON THE OTHER HAND...

When I first came to this forum, there were a number of character threads that I noticed on the front page and started to post in. The vast majority of these threads I still post in regularly today. The singular exception to this is Ridley's thread. Why? I think it boils down to two reasons. First, it's the only thread that I was checking that, every time I logged on, had between five to ten new pages to read through before I got caught up with everything. There were other threads that I wanted to post in, and I didn't feel like sifting through that many pages each time I came here, especially during the times my Internet takes forever to load a single page (which happens more and more frequently recently).

The SECOND reason is that, in all honesty, the sheet fanaticism on the thread turns me off. Other character threads that I go to all seem to have the same feeling of, "We really want this character in the game, we have a slew of reasons why it would make sense. However, there are these several points that we can agree with that OPEN UP THE POSSIBILITY that this character will not be playable." There was no such tolerance that I found on the Ridley thread. Heck, I remember making a comment that didn't even HAVE anything to do with Ridley not being playable, but with his included moves potentially feeling nerfed compared to what they SHOULD be for his character due to the nature of the game giving him limited flight, and how he could have no flying limitations as a boss build; I even brought up the possibility of them making a separate moveset for the boss version of Ridley that allowed him to always stay in the air. Two or three people immediately shot back somewhat negative responses and everyone else just wrote off and ignored the comment.

So...this roundabout rant really says this: yes, I support both Ridley and Sonic for Brawl. But I stopped subscribing to the Ridley thread within a week of registering on the site. Judging by certain people's actions, I think there might be a member of that club or two who need to calm the **Q* down. It's a club about wanting something from one video game to be in another video game. THAT'S what it boils down to. It is NOT a HUGE deal. It is NOT something worth getting pissy about and hurling instigating remarks online at others for. You all want the character in the game. So do I. LIGHTEN UP. The intensity with which they want the character in or the severity with which they attack others who don't follow their Cult of the Space Dragon dogma to ignore any rational thought that might support something OTHER than what they believe isn't doing ANYTHING to add to the likelihood of him showing up, and it proves NOTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom