• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiD

Smash Master
Actually it isn't. All you'd have to do is RENT the game at least. It'd have to be an issue of the Wii memory. The Wii isn't smart enough to know if you OWN the game, is it?
Yeah it is, was that a joke? There were gamecube games that did stuff like that, quite a few of them.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Actually it isn't. All you'd have to do is RENT the game at least. It'd have to be an issue of the Wii memory. The Wii isn't smart enough to know if you OWN the game, is it?
True, I imagine it would be a matter of whether there is saved game data present on the console. Which is capable with a rented or borrowed game. Still, Melee had a similar process for unlocking a few trophies, but for them to base unlocking a playable character on suck a method seems almost like punishing people for not owning a game by not letting them use all the features of the one they DID buy.

RDK

Smash Hero
Magic Disks + Mod Chip = MUAHAHAHAHAHA

*RUNS AWAY*

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
THE MOST popular character for Brawl? Yes. Is he in? I'm guessing. Is he gonna be on the Dojo? Why? lol.

I'm interested in his Moveset. I mean, you got all of his new stuff, yeah, but don't forgot about one of the most involving game that he had... Sonic 3. I hated the game, but it was one of the first that added different "attacks" in the form of his bubble shield.
I'm surprised noone said anything...

Me=Fashionably late.

Congrats to M&S at GC.

RDK

Smash Hero
Of course, I also support emulation, so I might just be a thieving wh0re...
It's okay, so do I and half the people here. We can be thieving wh0res together.

@Puffball

You missed the par-tay, man.

SonicMario

Smash Master
maybe they should make silver and shadow alternate costumes for sonic
Sure Shadow & Silver colorings would be cool alternates. But don't be surprised if they only change the fur color (Like Red, Green,...Pink(lol))

@Little Wolf: That has already been shown, It is nice to know he said Brawl (3 times XD). It may just be a coincidence, but perhaps it is a clue.

RDK

Smash Hero
I was just scaning youtube for fishy videos this has probably been shown allready but I thought it shows a bit of proof or maybe just a misunderstanding?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqjzP...elated&search=
This has already been explained thousands of times. He wasn't referring to the game SSBB, he was referring to how messing with the controllers would be "an all out Brawl".

Reggie just isn't a good speaker, and fails to get his point across about 70% of the time.

Braver

Smash Rookie
Man, I still don't know why their are so many sonic haters. Not only is he a classic, cool and a great fighter, I mean his moveset could be insane and unique, like the charge ball thing. Man. Sonic is ftw. I really do hope he gets in brawl. I'm still crossing my fingers with a strong amount of doupt.

IllidR

Smash Champion
hey check this out. go to youtube and type in Sonic for Brawl!! the pic should show sonic looking like he's holding a wii remote. click on it and watch it. i dont know if its acurate but it looks like it.
It's not.. anything you see that says Sonic will be in Brawl is fake. Just know that so you don't get too hyped.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I didn't think it was too bad. sure, the voice acting was absolutley abismal, but still, atleast it wasn't overloaded with characters from the last 3D games

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
hey check this out. go to youtube and type in Sonic for Brawl!! the pic should show sonic looking like he's holding a wii remote. click on it and watch it. i dont know if its acurate but it looks like it.
That's a promo for Sonic and the Secret Rings. It's really old, but still really cool. I just wish they would announce Sonic already.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
well, I just hope they do. and if they do it next week, I hope it's on thursday. my birthday is then.

if not Sonic then Lloyd. slim chances, but either of those two would make my day... hell, they can be announced any time of the week, i'll be happy with that. I'll still count it as a birthday pressie :)

Dynamism

Smash Lord
THAT IS IT!!!!

**** SONIC!!
What is this streeking blue rodent/human worth!? What the hell is it's problem? Smash is a fun nice game! Sonic's just an *******! He really is! Falco deserves to be slapped too!
Brawl is gonna slow things down from that overly hectic onslaught on button mashing in melee. This is probably due to the way ****ers like Fox ****ed up the balance. Sure a game will never be perfectly balanced and melee was one of the more balanced fighting games around...but do we really need a **** up like this blue nude ball with a brain? **** em'! He's in a hole...a large smelly hole full of other Sega trash like that Worm! What was its name? Jim? Who names a worm Jim? Plug the ****ing hole and sink in quick! And his little buddy Tails too. Woopty Doo! Another FOX! Now we can have one that FLIES and has a Down Tilt that's 3 times a powerfull! HURRAY! **** OFF WHINY BRAT! The closest thing they have to a decent character is Knuckles. And he's forgotten already! Not so much by the fans but Sega itself. Where the **** has your island floated off to Knuckles? GO HOME!!!
Tell you what! Sonic's AT BEST, gonna be a downloadable character via online over 6 months after Brawls released! He's probably already to go but Sega cancled the contract at the last second because they decided to release OGames to ****ING WEEKS PROR TO! Later...it's gonna be a ****in flop and Sega's gonna beg Saki to put em' back in! Just like that ****er begged for Snake! Maybe we should suck his **** and beg for that Ridley *****! That's our only hope! Shotty first dibs for Bub&Bob!
Even BETTER! They're gonna put...that's right...SONICS ****IN CLONE! WE HATE CLONES IN SMASH! Sonic has one! Let's put em in! Sega was so lazy and stupid with their franchise that they went ahead and did the predictable cop-out by throwing in an "evil-twin" of the hero! Woopty FREAKIN DOO! Somehow he's got more of a fanbase than SONIC these days! Another reason to burry it! When he's in Brawl, maybe some of Sonic's fanbase will actually forget who Sonic is! Sonic can have an alt costume of course. That's pushing it though! After all, Shadow's only been around for a while..not long enough to have him and Sonic without clonage going on. At least characters like Wolf have a history to base their MS on.
Shadow and Wolf FTW
Ridley for the PWN (if someone sucks it)
Cinos Ruof Lwarb (downloadable of course)

Wolf MS
Key Points:
He moves much like Doc Mario, similar weight and speed along with jumping ability. He in a way, is Docs replacement...feel wise. His >Smash is much like Fox's from ssb64 only faster and stronger. His most deadly weapon along with several other A variations which make up from his lack survival.
DownB: Power Shine:
Just like a shine but more lag on the trail end. It can be JCed but only after the shine fades, the lag is canc;ed though. It appears more as a sheild bubble expanding from within. This has more of an effect like Ganon's Standard A in melee. Can almost be use to KO.
UpB: Fire Check:
He pause slighty and ignites then blast directly upward until a sudden stop. This move only lasts a second and only goes the distance vertically that Doc's UpB did (no horiz). This is used to KO as well, when struck at the end of the check, it is most powerfull.
ForwardB: Wolfire:
Wolf puts both fists in front of him and slides slightly (WD distance) until he releases a blast of blue flame. Similar to a Falcon punch in range (after the slide) but reacts more like Luigi's ForwardB half charge would.
B: Fazer Bomb:
Instead of shooting and beam, he lobs a capsule (similar to Docs) and when struck, it explodes blue. More knock back than pills but slower moving.

BAM!
wrong thread but BAM!

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Snake hasn't been announced and we all pretty much assume that he'll be unlockable, so I'm guessing that we won't know about Sonic until the game is released or if they release another video.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
THAT IS IT!!!!

**** SONIC!!
What is this streeking blue rodent/human worth!? What the hell is it's problem? Smash is a fun nice game! Sonic's just an *******! He really is! Falco deserves to be slapped too!
Brawl is gonna slow things down from that overly hectic onslaught on button mashing in melee. This is probably due to the way ****ers like Fox ****ed up the balance. Sure a game will never be perfectly balanced and melee was one of the more balanced fighting games around...but do we really need a **** up like this blue nude ball with a brain? **** em'! He's in a hole...a large smelly hole full of other Sega trash like that Worm! What was its name? Jim? Who names a worm Jim? Plug the ****ing hole and sink in quick! And his little buddy Tails too. Woopty Doo! Another FOX! Now we can have one that FLIES and has a Down Tilt that's 3 times a powerfull! HURRAY! **** OFF WHINY BRAT! The closest thing they have to a decent character is Knuckles. And he's forgotten already! Not so much by the fans but Sega itself. Where the **** has your island floated off to Knuckles? GO HOME!!!
Tell you what! Sonic's AT BEST, gonna be a downloadable character via online over 6 months after Brawls released! He's probably already to go but Sega cancled the contract at the last second because they decided to release OGames to ****ING WEEKS PROR TO! Later...it's gonna be a ****in flop and Sega's gonna beg Saki to put em' back in! Just like that ****er begged for Snake! Maybe we should suck his **** and beg for that Ridley *****! That's our only hope! Shotty first dibs for Bub&Bob!
Even BETTER! They're gonna put...that's right...SONICS ****IN CLONE! WE HATE CLONES IN SMASH! Sonic has one! Let's put em in! Sega was so lazy and stupid with their franchise that they went ahead and did the predictable cop-out by throwing in an "evil-twin" of the hero! Woopty FREAKIN DOO! Somehow he's got more of a fanbase than SONIC these days! Another reason to burry it! When he's in Brawl, maybe some of Sonic's fanbase will actually forget who Sonic is! Sonic can have an alt costume of course. That's pushing it though! After all, Shadow's only been around for a while..not long enough to have him and Sonic without clonage going on. At least characters like Wolf have a history to base their MS on.
Shadow and Wolf FTW
Ridley for the PWN (if someone sucks it)
Cinos Ruof Lwarb (downloadable of course)

Wolf MS
Key Points:
He moves much like Doc Mario, similar weight and speed along with jumping ability. He in a way, is Docs replacement...feel wise. His >Smash is much like Fox's from ssb64 only faster and stronger. His most deadly weapon along with several other A variations which make up from his lack survival.
DownB: Power Shine:
Just like a shine but more lag on the trail end. It can be JCed but only after the shine fades, the lag is canc;ed though. It appears more as a sheild bubble expanding from within. This has more of an effect like Ganon's Standard A in melee. Can almost be use to KO.
UpB: Fire Check:
He pause slighty and ignites then blast directly upward until a sudden stop. This move only lasts a second and only goes the distance vertically that Doc's UpB did (no horiz). This is used to KO as well, when struck at the end of the check, it is most powerfull.
ForwardB: Wolfire:
Wolf puts both fists in front of him and slides slightly (WD distance) until he releases a blast of blue flame. Similar to a Falcon punch in range (after the slide) but reacts more like Luigi's ForwardB half charge would.
B: Fazer Bomb:
Instead of shooting and beam, he lobs a capsule (similar to Docs) and when struck, it explodes blue. More knock back than pills but slower moving.

BAM!
wrong thread but BAM!
...is it that time of the month?

SiD

Smash Master
Oh Dynamism, another hilarious rant. This one I actually got through, the MM one would've taken longer than the Harry Potter series.

RDK

Smash Hero
the MM one would've taken longer than the Harry Potter series.
True, that. But I persevered.

...is it that time of the month?
Naw, he's always like that. It takes the edge off things.

Like that ***** Lightlink in the Diddy thread. Well, back to pwning n00bs.

*DISAPPEARS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom