• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
The reviewers can kiss my ***--especially Gamespot.

They're notorious for giving games bad ratings that are, in reality, good, and for giving piece of crap games good ratings.

then why hvent the reviewers **** on the Sonic handhelds yet?
Because they're either too lazy, or they know that nobody really played them after the classic Sonics.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
everything started going down hill as soon as sonic became a 3d game, sega should stick to 2d

btw is SatSR any good. (worth renting?)
Rent? No, go out and buy it, right now. I'll wait. :cool:

I'd have no gripe with the introduction of a decent female role-model with a 2-way love interest that was a really well designed character.
Sally Acorn?

Don't know about any other systems, but apparently the Sonic Advance games were good.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace

They're notorious for giving games bad ratings that are, in reality, good, and for giving piece of crap games good ratings.

Because they're either too lazy, or they know that nobody really played them after the classic Sonics.
where would you suggest i get reviews from?

btw you cant always determine how good a game is until youve played it

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
Very good point...As said before...Sonic was beast in 2D!

EDIT: BTW a good thing to check when checking ratings online is what readers and gamers have rated the game...You'll notice that for Sonic games in particular that the ratings can be much higher. END EDIT

Tails shouldnt be geeky. I like the personality that he's the younger best friend of Sonic, looks up to him as a hero and wants to be like him etc. and in the vague storyline he always tries his hardest to help out and manages to succeed at points that make him involving in the story. Knuckles is the bad guy used and abused that has turned good, the cool arrogant (brawny) rival to Sonic that's a loyal guardian to the Master Emerald etc.

Both have a lot going for them, a lot of potential to make an engaging storyline if the writers of Sonic hadn't taken 5 stupid bricks to the head. Rouge though? Who is that? I refuse to acknowledge anything "storywise" and character introductions pretty much past Sonic Adventure, but that's only because I quite like E-102 Gamma. Everything else storywise in SA is an utter abomination, despite it being a great game.

It's hard not to make characters out of stereotypes since you probably remember that they seem to be all the rage and to be honest it's really quite hard to make characters with new concepts because everything has been pretty much done before. I'm not worried about stereotypes in storytelling because they can be used well, it's negative stereotypes and bad use of them that is particularly annoying. There'd be nothing wrong to changing Amy's personality to a stereotype that was good and they implemented it effectively to make Amy have an impact on the story like the inclusion of Knuckles and Tails does.

I'm also thankful I've never played the abomination of a game that is Sonic '06. I don't need to play it to know how terrible it is, any Sonic game which gets reviews of <5 score with the current standard of Sonic games CAN'T be good.

@I Like Smash...

Thank you :). It is great to not only have someone who knows of Project Chaos but also appreciates the awesomeness of it and to top it off holds my own interests in S3&K and Sky Sanctuary at heart.

@Del Money

Followed that link? Downloaded any Mp3s yet? Do it now!
Does that include Shadow?!

Del Money

Smash Champion

RDK's got Bomberman 64 and Sonic heroes in mind im guessing
thats pretty ****ing ********. yet they make time to go into depth with all the Pokemon handheld games...unbe-****ing-lievable

@WIGZ
you are your own best reviewer. as cliche and corny as it sounds, its true

RDK

Smash Hero
btw you cant always determine how good a game is until youve played it
you are your own best reviewer. as cliche and corny as it sounds, its true
^ Exactly my thoughts on the matter. That's why I don't check game site ratings before I try out a game.

RDK's got Bomberman 64 and Sonic heroes in mind im guessing
Sonic Heros. *SHAKES HEAD IN DISGUST* Terrible, terrible.

At least they rated Act Zero accordingly. That kicks them up a notch from Complete ****ing Idiots to just ****ing Idiots.

On SatSR: I thought it was an okay game for the most part, except for the rail thing. Although the rail system did slay SEGA's camera dragon, for the time being. Definetely better than Sonic '06. That game was trash.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Man oh man, what did I miss?

Guess what, guys... Brawl is out in 100 days! Yippee... wait that's not a good thing to announce... reminds us that we gotta wait a long time.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
....out of the "blue"... i just bought sonic for the ps3...hope it is good. :)
It's alright...I guess it was kinda enjoyable for the most part.

Here's a quick breakdown. Don't worry no spoilers.

Sonic: Levels move pretty fast and have less enemies than in last sonic games so you can actually move fast through the lot of them. Time you spend as tails or knuckles isn't too bad plus fairly short. His out-of-control speeds scenes are really cool but also a bit frustrating...but are still tied for Highlight of the Game.

Shadow: He's the way he should have been in Shadow the Hedgehog. Levels are too easy because of how freakin strong he is (his homing attack works a little different since he can just keep attacking after he's homed in). Only fault in gameplay is that in some levels you're required to use a vehicle...which sucks. Rouge is kinda annoying to play as but her levels are really short too. Omega is actually sorta fun to play as and is really strong (so you get through his levels fast). His storyline final cinema is tied for Highlight of the Game.

Silver: Levels are somewhat fun and his moves are pretty interesting. However, he is SO FREAKIN SLOW. That wouldn't be too bad if you didn't have to traverse the same amount of distance as Sonic and Shadow do. His sidekick playable is Blaze and I gotta say she was really fun to play as and was actually really strong too.

Story was pretty decent as far as how most of the games have been. The one bad guy in particular...I won't say his name but Shadow encounters him...was pretty cool.

Well that's what I say about the game but you're more than welcome to ask others too.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@RDK

well yeah but i think what causes most peoples problems with the 3D Sonic's is that the player ***** around too much. the levels are supposed to be linear and straight forward to get through. the only time i ever encountered glitches in he 3D Sonic's is when i did something ******** like try to go back track the level or got too trigger-happy with the spin dash. my only complaints with the 3D Sonic's is the voice-acting, the terrible gameplay for characters other than Sonic, the graphics (prior to Sonic '06) not being all the great (funny enough its not surprisingly Gamespot said the Sonic 06 graphics were terrible), the pisspoor ranking system, and the terrible attempt to be innovative in Sonic Heroes (****ing levels taking goddamm forever when they should really only take 2-5 min)

RDK

Smash Hero
Del's not as bulletproof as you'd think. Remember, I got banned for a really dumb reason--it can happen to anyone.

Anyone know if 1337 Marth / Jordan's ban got lifted yet?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7

Guess what, guys... Brawl is out in 100 days! Yippee... wait that's not a good thing to announce... reminds us that we gotta wait a long time.
Well, if you live in the USA, then it's still August 24, 2007, meaning 101 days left. But if you live somewhere East of that, then yeah, 100 days left. I've made it convienient for everyone by updating the countdown in my sig daily (since E3 2007).

And this thread has gotten turned into a discussion about Sonic games, their ratings, and how crappily websites rate them. Isn't this supposed to be a "Sonic for Brawl Support" thread?

RDK

Smash Hero
And this thread has gotten turned into a discussion about Sonic games, their ratings, and how crappily websites rate them. Isn't this supposed to be a "Sonic for Brawl Support" thread?
We've all run circles around that subject. I don't think it's too much to ask that the veterans of this thread are able to chat about things slightly off topic.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Red Darkstar Kirby said:
We've all run circles around that subject. I don't think it's too much to ask that the veterans of this thread are able to chat about things slightly off topic.

If they mods find out that you guys are being off topic on purpose, they might even close this thread down, and 5100+ posts here will all be gone. I don't want to see this thread closed, as I'm a big supporter for Sonic in Brawl, as well. I used to make posts here regarding the subject, but nowadays, it just gets filled with other stuff that it's hard to find the thread-related posts.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you live in the USA, then it's still August 24, 2007, meaning 101 days left. But if you live somewhere East of that, then yeah, 100 days left. I've made it convienient for everyone by updating the countdown in my sig daily (since E3 2007).

The thread title/OP doesn't say anything about that.

Besides, what is there left to say, aside from

Sonic for Brawl!

Sinn

Smash Lord

100 days, 70 updates...and a partridge in a pear tree <3

Assuming they DO decide to include him, does anyone think they might use the release date of M&S@tOG to announce him being in Brawl?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7

Sonic for Brawl!
Well, it's in the Brawl discussion category, implying that its for Sonic discussion relating to Brawl. For casual Sonic the Hedgehog talk, there's the "Light House" room.

And if no one can't think of anything related, like a moveset, to say, then don't post anything until something comes up, like a big rumor or confirmation. It's better for the thread to fade away now, and come back later, than for it to be closed, and come back later without any posts.

Symphony X

Smash Lord

Sonic for Brawl!
Well, it's in the Brawl discussion category, implying that its for Sonic discussion relating to Brawl. For casual Sonic the Hedgehog talk, there's the "Light House" room.

And if no one can't think of anything related, like a moveset, to say, then don't post anything until something comes up, like a big rumor or confirmation. It's better for the thread to fade away now, and come back later, than for it to be closed, and come back later without any posts.
Survey says?

OWNED.

Is the release date of M&S@tOG on a week day?

RDK

Smash Hero
True. RDK, if you don;t mind me asking, what did you get banned for, wasn't it for having an argument?
Flame war.

I don't remember the date they slated for it. That would be cool though if they announced Sonic for Brawl the day M&S@OG was released.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Del, you can't get banned, who's gonna be realistic about Sonic in Brawl?
i dunno. i just wanna test my luck, and what better way than to call Mic_128 worthless in size-7 font? (other than making a Zippocat for brawl thread, but im not a prick like that)
or Mic_128 can just close this thread due to inactivity cuz he's that much of a shmuck
i tihnk the release date is November 17th or summat. look it up

Sonic 4 Brawl

Sinn

Smash Lord
Survey says?

OWNED.

As a matter of fact, it is; Tuesday to be specific. AND it happens to be less than two weeks before Brawl comes out. Could there BE a better time to announce it? It'd be last minute, which I kinda see for an announcement like this, but still before the game actually comes out.

EDIT: Nov 20th

Del Money

Smash Champion
As a matter of fact, it is; Tuesday to be specific. AND it happens to be less than two weeks before Brawl comes out. Could there BE a better time to announce it? It'd be last minute, which I kinda see for an announcement like this, but still before the game actually comes out.

EDIT: Nov 20th
HOLY ****ING ****...TWO WEEKS?!!?!!??! goddamm...well there goes Sonic fellas

RDK

Smash Hero
November 20th? Wow, that sucks.

Too bad SEGA is an attention *****. They should have done a joint release with Brawl.

WTF? They bleeped me for saying wh_re?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Why? How does this change things?
it doesnt...it just reinforces them. im gonna be toting a shotgun and a fukload of ammo come Dec 3rd and if Sonic aint in brawl, im going on a nationwide crusade to destroy every USA copy of M&SatOG

Sinn

Smash Lord
Del, does the existence of this M&S game make you more or less confident of Sonic appearing in Brawl? I can't really tell. I thought it was a good sign, but you're starting to make me wonder.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Well... he's still not quite dismissed. It's not AFTER Brawl after all. competing for first time + after Brawl = no Sonic. before brawl= SOME chance left.

SiD

Smash Master
It's not any sign at all really, it was never a question of whether Nintendo and Sega could cooperate, it's just a question of will they for Brawl. M&S means nothing.

RDK

Smash Hero
Definetely a bad sign. SEGA might want to have the only Mario / Sonic crossover games. I'm starting to think that SEGA might be trying to outdo Nintendo by making a "Brawl killer"....

To be honest though, I'm not worried.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
it doesnt...it just reinforces them. im gonna be toting a shotgun and a fukload of ammo come Dec 3rd and if Sonic aint in brawl, im going on a nationwide crusade to destroy every USA copy of M&SatOG
If Brawl follows a flop...Sonic better be **** good in Smash! if he wants to get back in good terms

Well... he's still not quite dismissed. It's not AFTER Brawl after all. competing for first time + after Brawl = no Sonic. before brawl= SOME chance left.
indeed perhaps no YES! i donno

It's not any sign at all really, it was never a question of whether Nintendo and Sega could cooperate, it's just a question of will they for Brawl. M&S means nothing.
does it?

@Del: don't hit my Wii lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom