• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
sonic has a sister too, here is them together.

Sonic, Sonya and Manic they are oldschool thought but i dont think they appeared in any games, only the TV show.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
wtf manic and scourge cant be the same person scourge has the scars on his chest....and why havent they
made him in any games, he's way cooler looking than silver and shadow

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
wtf manic and scourge cant be the same person scourge has the scars on his chest....and why havent they
made him in any games, he's way cooler looking than silver and shadow
^^ I agree

Silver doesnt really fit in with the sonic characters IMO

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
yeah scourge is pretty cool but i think shadow is better he was awesome in sonic adventure 2 but they ****ed up in shadow the hedgehog (although being a shadow fan I found the game to be alright but should have been way better!!) any ways ya SONIC FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
i actually like silver. we need more "cool" characters.....

the only ones now is silver, espio, and i guess knuckles
shadow looks cooler than silver hes got chest hair, scourge also. knuckles was the **** back in the day. i remember fighting him in sonics story mode (SaN)

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Has Sega even told Sakurai to put him in Brawl?
putting it simply, it was close to 'Begging him to be in melee, but it was too late for it.' so, that would kind of secure it for brawl, unless they stupidly changed their minds.

Speaking of the past posts about scourge, Manic is Sonic's brother from the 'Sonic underground' TV series, and was also Sonic's son in a certain series of comics. Scourge, however, is Anti-Sonic from Anti-Mobius, who absorbed power from the Master Emerald, turning him green (when he was originally blue). I can see why Scourge should have his own game, he is a cool hedgehog.

Silver I like. he's different to the other characters. I guess I preffer psychic and mystic stuff to power and speed and what not

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
i actually like silver. we need more "cool" characters.....

the only ones now is silver, espio, and i guess knuckles
"Cool" characters are actually the last thing we need. In fact, I think we could stand to axe one or two.

We had Sonic and Knuckles, and that was pretty good. Espio's alright too, but I consider him a secondary character due to how little you even see him. Shadow was pushing it, but even with him I think we were pretty decent. Now Silver is over the line as far as I'm concerned. Sega needs to learn when to stop. And then if you want to count Jet, from Riders, then we're even worse off.

We are in absolutely no shortage of "cool" characters. If anything, we need more Tails or Amy type characters.

Battousai X

Smash Apprentice
If a green sonic will be playable, he'll probably be the most used color of sonic.
But, i'm more interested in Shadow. If he is in the game, he'll probably have the same attacks as Sonic with minor changes like most characters in melee, but Shadow would definetely own Sonic.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
no way they just need to kill off some of the characters
Indeed.

I really wouldn't be sad if I just never saw Silver or Jet ever again. Well, actually, I really like Jet's design—at least he's a different animal. If they develope him a bit more and really give him a unique personality, then I think he's fine. It's mostly Silver that I have the problem with. Not only did we not need another cool character, we REALLY didn't need another **** hedgehog.

If a green sonic will be playable, he'll probably be the most used color of sonic.
But, i'm more interested in Shadow. If he is in the game, he'll probably have the same attacks as Sonic with minor changes like most characters in melee, but Shadow would definetely own Sonic.
I like Shadow too, but he really needs to be an alt costume, if anything.

Like, REALLY needs to just be an alt costume.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
yeah sega needs to relize addin more characters wont make a crappy game better instead they need to focus and a few characters and make a game that is actually worth play like sonic and the secret rings only playable character was sonic and gusee what the game was good imagine that a sonic game with sonic as the main character! instead of add a bull **** list of characters to try and create sum kind of over the top story

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
putting it simply, it was close to 'Begging him to be in melee, but it was too late for it.' so, that would kind of secure it for brawl, unless they stupidly changed their minds.

Speaking of the past posts about scourge, Manic is Sonic's brother from the 'Sonic underground' TV series, and was also Sonic's son in a certain series of comics. Scourge, however, is Anti-Sonic from Anti-Mobius, who absorbed power from the Master Emerald, turning him green (when he was originally blue). I can see why Scourge should have his own game, he is a cool hedgehog.

Silver I like. he's different to the other characters. I guess I preffer psychic and mystic stuff to power and speed and what not
Do you have any evidence of Sega begging Sakurai for Sonic to be in Melee?

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
Haha, everyone wants to get their char's in Smash Bros. Sonic would be sick. Supersonic or Shadow should be like alternate costumes if anything. Shadow sounds like a girl.
i agree with shadow being alternative costume but perhaps super sonic would be FS ?

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
Haha, everyone wants to get their char's in Smash Bros. Sonic would be sick. Supersonic or Shadow should be like alternate costumes if anything. Shadow sounds like a girl.
dude if u think shadow sounds like a girl then thats a pretty mainly girl shadow has a pretty deep voice

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Do you have any evidence of Sega begging Sakurai for Sonic to be in Melee?
ok, maybe Sega didn't beg (however, I'd like to think they did :) ), but I think Sakurai said that Konami 'practically begged' for Snake to be in brawl. but here's some info abot Sonic's link to Melee.

Before leaving Sega to form his company, PROPE, Yuji Naka stated that he would have asked Nintendo to put Sonic in Melee, but "time constrains did not allow us to continue with this idea."[28]

quote from Wikipedia in Sonic's main article. it also said this

In August 2006 however it was confirmed that Sonic was the most requested third-party character to appear in its sequel Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii.[29] Sonic's inclusion is stated as not being "on the cards" so his current chances are completely unknown. Around the same period of time, Yojiro Ogawa, producer of Sonic and the Secret Rings, stated in an interview with the UK's Official Nintendo magazine that "In my personal opinion, it would be great to have Sonic in it. But that would really involve Sega and Nintendo's management, it's nothing to do with me!"[30] Adding to the controversy fans have over whether he will be in is Best Buy with images of sonic in an ad for Brawl.

Link here for those who want it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(character)

Del Money

Smash Champion
*sigh* this thread is just too repetitive. might as well let the Journeymen, Childs, and n00bs carry on Sonic discussion. maybe the thread post count will finally get to 9000!!!

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* this thread is just too repetitive. might as well let the Journeymen, Childs, and n00bs carry on Sonic discussion. maybe the thread post count will finally get to 9000!!!
There isn't a whole lot to talk about...

And how does my rank reflect my ability to have a coherent discussion?

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
maybe we should just denie that we have discussed anything and start all over? i mean, we've discussed Sonic for just over 5000!! posts, we'll breach OVER 9000!!! if we just start all over.

however, if we can't do that, then here's an idea. with Mario and Sonic olympic stuff on the way, how long do you think will it take for something similar to be turned into an official cartoon show?

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
good point, and if Mario is in the same show, we can expect the portly plumber's apeal to go down hill a little

Del Money

Smash Champion
i know...which is why i dont want it to be an anime. plus i just have a bad feeling in general about bringing back Sonic or Mario into a cartoon. i loved Sonic SatAM and though most people hated it, i loved Underground as well but i dunno, they were so long ago... and Sonic X just sucks...chances are we'll get another anime if Sonic comes back

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
its not a real anime its fan created, it is good stuff though.

Del are you pissed of all the time??? samuel might sign soon, maybe that will get you out of that funk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom