• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
@smashdragon79: im sorry bout this tho but, did u think i was an a** just for not telling u an answer? just curious, n either way im sorry
@DarkKry: yes, double posting is against the rules. u should read them if u didnt know that O_o
i think my first post was in here, not sure. i'll check later.

EDIT: hey Symphony X, where do u live? *finds, goes for the KILL....* hahaha

oops SONIC 4 BRAWL dont get off topic peoples!

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Thank you all people! I'm so glad that everyone could be here to see me get the 5000th post. Thanks to MR. WIGZ for serving as the post link between my post at 4998 and 5000.

I have to ask though, what the h*ll does MR. WIGZ mean anyway?

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
Thank you all people! I'm so glad that evryone could be here to see me get the 5000th post. Thanks to MR. WIGZ for serving as the post link between my post at 4998 and 5000.

I have to ask though, what the h*ll does MR. WIGZ mean anyway?
rofl! i didnt think you were going to make one.

MR.WIGZ doesnt mean anything, you see in a time long ago (1month) in a land far away (called delaware) i was banned from SWF for saying something rude to a certain group of people. But alas my bretheren i was born again as sir mr.wigz, but then sir mr.wigz sounds stupid so i just put mr.wigz but then that wasnt enough so i capatilized and that my friends was when i was satisfied.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
rofl! i didnt think you were going to make one.

MR.WIGZ doesnt mean anything, you see in a time long ago (1month) in a land far away (called delaware) i was banned from SWF for saying something rude to a certain group of people. But alas my bretheren i was born again as sir mr.wigz, but then sir mr.wigz sounds stupid so i just put mr.wigz but then that wasnt enough so i capatilized and that my friends was when i was satisfied.
What was your username before you were banned? Hey! You used a comma, good job.

Megablueblaster

Smash Apprentice
Sonic the Hedgehog

Reason: Tips & Tricks magazine managed to score an interview with Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto to discuss his work, both past and present. The topic of Super Smash Bros. Brawl came up, in which a discussion of fan reaction to the trailer took place. Those conversations lead into Mr. Miyamoto discussing the possibility of Sonic being in Smash Bros. Brawl. Miyamoto is very aware that fans want Sonic in the title, and he agrees that it would be a great idea. Unfortunately, according to Miyamoto, Sega has not gotten in touch with Nintendo as far as Sonic in Brawl is concerned.

Official text from the magazine…”Nintendo hopes that Snake’s appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl will encourage other publishers to allow their characters to join the Smash Bros. line-up, and is already actively negotiating for the rights to include at least one other non-Nintendo character. Both Sakurai and Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto have stated that Sega’s Sonic the Hedgehog is the character that Smash Bros. fans have requested the most and… well, it’s hard to type these words with our fingers crossed!”

Link: http://gonintendo.com/?p=4733

Move set:

Height: 3/5 (around Luigi’s size)
Weight: 2/5
Jump: 4/5

A:
1- Punches with right fist
2- kicks with right foot
3- Kicks hard with left and bumps enemy back. (Like Luigi/Mario combo)
Run: does a 360 hurricane kick. (Hits 2-3 times. Does 2 damage for each hit)
Air: spins fast (wile in ball form) and Knocks anyone near him back

A right/left: punches with a longer reach [Air forward: does a horizontal kick. Air Back: drop kicks you with both feet]
A right/left (smash): kneels down on outside knee and puts the outside hand on the ground (charge time) then kicks hard with the foot he kneeled on.

A up: hops up and head butts you.[air: does a back flip and kicks up with one leg.
A up (smash): does a back flip kick with one leg out.

A down: spins a little, which throws dirt at the enemy.[Air: does a front flip and axe kicks down]
A down (smash): Break dances.

B: Spin dash. Hold b down. The longer you hold it, the faster and more powerful sonic will go (like jigglypuff’s B).[Air: will spin rapidly. Can’t recover but whoever touches you will get hurt.] *K.o power*

B right/left: Spins rapidly on the floor then sends a shockwave across. [Air: spins off the air and sends a shockwave diagonally.] *No k.o. power**stun*

B up: Home attack. Shoots up in a ball in whichever direction you point(a little shorter than fox’s B up). If you hit somebody, you bump them back and could do it again.[Air: same] *k.o. Power*

B down: Sonic wind. Put hands out(like ness’s down B) and makes a small whirlwind around him.(around the area of fox’s beginning B up) anyone within area will be hurt. [air: same] *No k.o. power* *stun*

Grabs

G+A: head butts foe

G+up: back flip kicks enemy up.

G+down: throws foe down and spin dash grinds foe.

G+ Forward: throws foe diagonally then jumps and punts foe

G+back: throws you back and donkey kicks you.

Taunt: puts outside hand on hip and wipes his nose with the other and then says “heh!”

Super Smash: Super sonic.
Effect: All attacks on sonic are phantom (Sonic takes damage, but no knock back) and his attack power, and for a short amount of time.

Supersonic move set:
A: (all the same)
B: (same)
B right/left: sonic dash. Sonic dashes forward and hits back anyone in his way. (High nockback)
B up: Levitate. Sonic levitates in the air. Move sonic around with the control stick.
B down: Energy wave. Sonic powers up and hits back anyone near him. (Very high knock back)

If sonic is in the air when final smash expires, sonic becomes immobilized. (like Pikachu’s final smash)

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if costumes have been discussed, but hopefully they won't change his actual colour... perhaps articles of clothing, like his glasses from Sonic Riders - like what they did with Pikachu (and Jigglypuff? don't remember.)

bored

Smash Ace
I don't know if costumes have been discussed, but hopefully they won't change his actual colour... perhaps articles of clothing, like his glasses from Sonic Riders - like what they did with Pikachu (and Jigglypuff? don't remember.)
I have to agree, although having a black sonic with red on his spikes would be pretty kickass also...

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
he should turn into characters from his game, like knuckles, sonic, shadow, silver.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I have to agree, although having a black sonic with red on his spikes would be pretty kickass also...
We have dicussed the alternate colors many times. I doubt the articles of clothing. And i for one wouldn't mind color change. My main would be a Green Sonic. Green is my favorite color, and Sonic will be my main. So as weird as a Green Sonic sounds, i will use it. But the only thing is, in Team mode. If you want him to team up with Mario: Mario either has to be blue mario or Sonic has to be Red Sonic. if you want to make one of them their known color. But it would be cool to have at least a Black furred Sonic (With or Without Shadow's red stripes and white furred chest).

And is anybody hoping Sonic will be in the Mid-to-High Tier? Of course i'd still use him even if he is low tier. Heck, people use Bowser even though he is low tier.

@Megablueblaster: That article has been around a while, and we already have a lot of movesets. But thanks for donating your personal thoughts on what his moveset should be.

There is so many signs that people are confident that Sonic is in Brawl. Canadian Best Buys, IGN. Sakauri & Miyamoto stating him as the most requested 3rd Party. That'd you think that Sonic is pretty much assured. It will be a scandal for both Nintendo & Sega (Mostly Sega) if he is not included. But we won't be 100% assured until Holiday season. So everybody stay tight and keep this thread alive as long as we can. Lower the spam, and if we can do that. We can be considered gentlemen compared to the Original Ridley thread! (No offense). Just when Sonic is confirmed, try to take control of the spam-happyy n00bs that will come here, or else we will be in trouble and have to restart it.

Megablueblaster

Smash Apprentice
We have dicussed the alternate colors many times. I doubt the articles of clothing. And i for one wouldn't mind color change. My main would be a Green Sonic. Green is my favorite color, and Sonic will be my main. So as weird as a Green Sonic sounds, i will use it. But the only thing is, in Team mode. If you want him to team up with Mario: Mario either has to be blue mario or Sonic has to be Red Sonic. if you want to make one of them their known color. But it would be cool to have at least a Black furred Sonic (With or Without Shadow's red stripes and white furred chest).

And is anybody hoping Sonic will be in the Mid-to-High Tier? Of course i'd still use him even if he is low tier. Heck, people use Bowser even though he is low tier.

@Megablueblaster: That article has been around a while, and we already have a lot of movesets. But thanks for donating your personal thoughts on what his moveset should be.

There is so many signs that people are confident that Sonic is in Brawl. Canadian Best Buys, IGN. Sakauri & Miyamoto stating him as the most requested 3rd Party. That'd you think that Sonic is pretty much assured. It will be a scandal for both Nintendo & Sega (Mostly Sega) if he is not included. But we won't be 100% assured until Holiday season. So everybody stay tight and keep this thread alive as long as we can. Lower the spam, and if we can do that. We can be considered gentlemen compared to the Original Ridley thread! (No offense). Just when Sonic is confirmed, try to take control of the spam-happyy n00bs that will come here, or else we will be in trouble and have to restart it.
i know, i had that document for a while and decided to copy and paste it lol

Del Money

Smash Champion
@del-- are you still going to buy ssbb even if you find out sonic is not in it?
f**k yeah...Diddy's in it, dammit
We hope Sonic is in to the fullest (Except for Del when he is in his bad mood;))..
being a wisher is one thing, being a realist is another
Will Sonic's day to shine come?
dont ask questions you really dont want the answer to...
Unfortunately, according to Miyamoto, Sega has not gotten in touch with Nintendo as far as Sonic in Brawl is concerned.
gee...what a shocker
btw an echidna is a species of hedgehogs
wrong...echidna's are spiny anteaters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would love to see Mario Vs Sonic...

But wasn't he already disproven with the statement...

"It just isn't in the cards at the moment"?

SonicMario

Smash Master

No it doesn't. And by the way the statement is "That's not in the cards at the moment". They most likely were saying to not talk about it, and want more talking about their game. It does not deconfirm Sonic at all. They just didn't want to talk about it "at the moment" are the keywords there.

And you're also going to get Del even more in a bad mood due to you referenceing that. If i find Del swearing mad. I blame you.

Sonic 4 Brawl, (Quietly: YES PETEY'S JUST A BOSS!)

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I garuntee that if Sonic makes it into Brawl, with green as an alternate colour, there will be people doing Mario and Sonic vs Bowser and 'Scourge'

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I think it's Anti-Sonic after absorbing power from the master emerald. I don't really know, it's in the link Sonink posted

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
not really, just the comics I think, but if Sonic had the colour green as one of his costume changes, the people will have a blue sonic vs a green sonic and pretend it's Sonic vs Scourge

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace

Honestly SEGA is bad at the market but it does not mean what they said about cards and Sonic blah. What if SEGA has been like "Hey Sonic sucked this year, we have a chance to come back and get a head start with Sonic in Brawl and M&S@TOG, well this is gonna be hard because it's pretty unexpected, and we couldn't think of anything better so we chose the Olympics, I mean with such low time to come up with an idea of this crossover it'll have to do, and to keep up with the hyped market this year it'll have to come out some time this year, November is perfect........ I hope no one gets the wrong idea."

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Honestly SEGA is bad at the market but it does not mean that. What if SEGA has been like "Hey Sonic sucked this year, we have a chance to come back and get a head start with Sonic in Brawl and M&S@TOG, well this is gonna be hard because it's pretty unexpected, and we couldn't think of anything better so we chose the Olympics, I mean with such low time to come up with an idea of this crossover it'll have to do, and to keep up with the hyped market this year it'll have to come out some time this year, November is perfect........ I hope no one gets the wrong idea."
QFT.

Sonic for Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom