• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
ON TOPIC!: i bet sonic would wavedash good...like luigi.
yea but that wont be for another 6 years

sonic for brawl

@ supect, i dont know he seems like he would have low traction
Yeah I have to agree with Wigz...Sonic would definately be a fastfaller in smash. All the fastfallers are the hardest to execute wavedash with. The fact that sonic will most likely be as fast (well honestly probably faster than) Captain Falcon gives good reason that he will probably move around somewhat uncontrollably. wavedashing is gonna be harder for him than most and since he'll be so fast it may not move him around as well as just plain running.
Course I could be wrong.

Sinn

Smash Lord
God, make him faster than Falcon? I hope it's not, like...CRAZY fast. The main reason I don't play Falcon that much is that I find him hard to keep where I want him to be.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
youd think that wouldnt you?
*non-subtly points to the trailer for Mario & Sonic at the Olympics*
Ohhhh the shame of that video. You'd think they'd show them competing in something where they'd ACTUALLY be evenly matched.

Like pole vaulting or something

. . . Sonic should've tripped him.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh, there's a trailer?

*watches*

Wait... what? :confused:
*Looks at the three people you have "for Brawl" in the bottom of your signature*

I LOVE YOU WITH TONGUE.

*cough* Sorry if that was too forward. >_>

Del Money

Smash Champion
Ohhhh the shame of that video. You'd think they'd show them competing in something where they'd ACTUALLY be evenly matched.

Like pole vaulting or something

. . . Sonic should've tripped him.
yeah a javelin throw or pole vault wouldve been a better choice but i guess they needed an event like the 100-meter-dash in order to have a reason to put 6 or so faces in that 2nd to final scene in the trailer

Oh, there's a trailer?

*watches*

Wait... what? :confused:
*slaps forehead* watch it again...does Sonic seem a little slow to you?

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
yeah a javelin throw or pole vault wouldve been a better choice but i guess they needed an event like the 100-meter-dash in order to have a reason to put 6 or so faces in that 2nd to final scene in the trailer

*slaps forehead* watch it again...does Sonic seem a little slow to you?
That's why I'm so confused...

I LOVE YOU WITH TONGUE.

*cough* Sorry if that was too forward. >_>
:054:

Sinn

Smash Lord
Sonic is obviously going easy on Mario in that clip. He'll pull ahead right before the end.

Of course, Mario is going to **** him in the high jump competition. Possibly gymnastics too. He's pretty spry for an old fat guy.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Sonic is obviously going easy on Mario in that clip. He'll pull ahead right before the end.

Of course, Mario is going to **** him in the high jump competition. Possibly gymnastics too. He's pretty spry for an old fat guy.
wat? sonic can jump high

SiD

Smash Master
Del, why are you so positive already the MaSatOG will suck? I think it could turn out to be a fun party game. You sound like you won't even give it a chance. (Saw a post in the Diddy thread, "Make no mistake, this game will suck")

Del Money

Smash Champion
Del, why are you so positive already the MaSatOG will suck?
it appears youve forgotten who the company beside Sonic games is....
I think it could turn out to be a fun party game.
just like the multiplayer in SatSR, right?
You sound like you won't even give it a chance.
well i wouldnt be a Sonic fanboy if i wasnt gonna give this game a chance. im just not holding my breath on this game...

Sinn

Smash Lord
I dunno, I like the music. Like...from an aesthetic standpoint >.> Real content in my updates is preferred. But I think the music in Brawl is going to far outclass the music in Melee. I may even have to find the soundtrack for it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
**** Del, you're so negative about EVERYTHING lately. Go back to P2W and blow off some steam.

Jumping is to Mario as Running is to Sonic.

But that M&S@tOG trailer was strange. Sonic must've not been trying. Yea, that's it.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
Let DelMoney be negative. He has been hanging around me since I've been posting on this one. And if you wanna know why he's so skeptical, go home and play every Sonic game since Sonic Heroes. Then compare them to the classic Sonics. If you don't hang yourself afterwards, come see me and you can have a cookie.

And frickin Amy Rose can out jump Sonic. So can Knux and so can Tails. Everyone in the Sonic Universe can out jump Sonic. Mario's the orignal Jumpman. He and Luigi could Pwn Sonic and Shade at jumping.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Let Del Money be negative. He has been hanging around me since I've been posting on this one. And if you wanna know why he's so skeptical, go home and play every Sonic game since Sonic Heroes. Then compare them to the classic Sonics. If you don't hang yourself afterwards, come see me and you can have a cookie.

And frickin Amy Rose can out jump Sonic. So can Knux and so can Tails. Everyone in the Sonic Universe can out jump Sonic. Mario's the orignal Jumpman. He and Luigi could Pwn Sonic and Shade at jumping.
I've actually played pretty much every Sonic game since the series started, all the way to SatSR and Sonic 360. The only exceptions are Pinball Party, Sonic Rivals 1 (2 when it's released), and that strange PC sonic game.

Yes, the games have definately gone down the ****-tube, but sucky games don't necessarily mean one's chances for being in Brawl plunge. I mean, Hotel Mario and Wand of Gamelon for the CD-i were TERRIBLE, yet Link and Mario remain in Brawl.

Sonic's past fame is something that factors his chances for Brawl, rather than the company that owns him. Sega just needs to get it's act together, and I'm pretty sure they could revive the series. It's just a matter of patience, and apparently some people don't have enough to wait for Sega, although I can't blame them for a lack of patience. Sega needs to take a deep breath and solve things out step by step instead of constantly making new Sonic games and hoping people will appreciate them, if they listen to the people at all.
-----

And to your Amy, Knux, and Tails can outjump Sonic tidbit:

You ever see Knuckles in S&K? Much more shorter than Sonic's jump really.

Tails can outfly Sonic, and finally:

You see those jumps in the videos in Sonic 360? I doubt Tails, Knuckles, or Amy, for that matter, can jump that high or far.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
Let DelMoney be negative. He has been hanging around me since I've been posting on this one. And if you wanna know why he's so skeptical, go home and play every Sonic game since Sonic Heroes. Then compare them to the classic Sonics. If you don't hang yourself afterwards, come see me and you can have a cookie.

I remember sonic being able to out jump knuckles.

@ puffball-- it doesn't matter how bad cd-i had made those games, most people dont even consider them as real nintendo games. also not having mario and link in ssb is insane they are the cornerstone in nintendo's success.

@del-- are you still going to buy ssbb even if you find out sonic is not in it?

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
"Heroes always arrive late." If only this quote Sakurai had posted on the Smash dojo site had related to Sonic.... But back on topic, this is said to be the biggest year for big titles, Brawl is one of them, people will give up on SEGA if they continue to let us down, this means we're not gonna wait another 6 f***** years before the next d*** game comes out and hope that Sonic shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom