• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
lol imagine if sonic was is mario strikers, that would be awesome
Sonic would be great in a Mario Strikers game. Especially one like MS: Charged. But what will he be doing if did the Mega Strike. And he also wouldn't need the mushroom to speed up. His feet just need something to kick. And hopefully Mario or Wario's fat ***

Sonic = Mario FTW & FYI
Sonic 4 Brawl FTW
Sonic VS. Mario Youtube videos (Probably instantly 100 of them...) FTW
Sonic & Mario (As a team) VS. whoever FTW

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
i guess, sakurai should leave a clue, like a flicky or a secret ring

@ sonicmario- for his striker shot, he'll curl into a ball and spin dash it te soccer ball

@ del- drugs

Del Money

Smash Champion
@ del- drugs
*headDESK*

but i guess if i stop caring about Sonic's inclusion in brawl then i wont be disappointed when Sega kills thei star player's reputation yet again. after all i can be a stii be Sonic fan and not want him in brawl, right? Megaman and Bomberman 4 3rd party Brawl

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
sega announced a new sonic game for the wii today: sonic riders zero gravity or somethin like that....has nothing to do with brawl but sonic fans might like to know

SiD

Smash Master
Saw that coming, thanks for the info though I guess. I never played the first one, never wanted to. It just sounds like a really ****ty game. Why would Sonic ever need to ride a board? Hmmm? Tell me that one, Sega.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
Saw that coming, thanks for the info though I guess. I never played the first one, never wanted to. It just sounds like a really ****ty game. Why would Sonic ever need to ride a board? Hmmm? Tell me that one, Sega.
good point, why dont they make a kart racing game

Del Money

Smash Champion
and so the "Kill Your Star Player" saga continues
good point, why dont they make a kart racing game
look up review for Sonic Drift 2 for Game Gear and youll see why

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
and so the "Kill Your Star Player" saga continues
look up review for Sonic Drift 2 for Game Gear and youll see why
Whoa, Del Money has got Sonic on the brain. Sheesh! I love Sonic and I want em on the Brawl roster, but Del Money lives and breathes for Sega's true blue hero. *salutes Del Money*

Symphony X

Smash Lord
god **** your right.......at least theres something we can gurantee about sonic in brawl......the rumors

first thing im going to do is kill 20 men in cruel melee
I was pissed when I killed 20 men in cruel melee. (While playing Melee) Then nothing. I actually believed the rumors about Sonic. If that's how you have to do it in Brawl - Ima be angry.

Sinn

Smash Lord
i guess, sakurai should leave a clue, like a flicky or a secret ring

@ sonicmario- for his striker shot, he'll curl into a ball and spin dash it te soccer ball

@ del- drugs
Oh man...if Sakurai updated even the slightest hint that Sonic was in the game, it would pretty much seal the deal. I think that when he does announce it...it'll be sudden and unexpected. Like cancer, only fun!

On that note...who ELSE thinks that with the inclusion of an Animal Crossing item, level and franchise icon (that leaf with the bite out of it) that there's going to be SOME kind of Animal Crossing character? It seems really unlikely, but...still. I wonder why they'da bothered to do that...

SonicMario

Smash Master
Oh man...if Sakurai updated even the slightest hint that Sonic was in the game, it would pretty much seal the deal. I think that when he does announce it...it'll be sudden and unexpected. Like cancer, only fun!
If that is the case... Quick! Everybody start doubting Sonic's update is tonight!

Sinn

Smash Lord
Ya know, that said, it WOULD be the most unexpected thing to release ANOTHER brand new character the day immediately after one was just announced. But let's see...we haven't had a stage update in a little bit. We might get one of those soon...wǒ zhēn de bùzhīdào.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I excite myself over stuff like this everyday. Only 72 updates remain...

Sadly I won't have access to see Friday's update until much later in the day. Oh the horror T_T

In the event that they make a mistake and don't have Sonic in Brawl, I imagine the overwheling user response will necessitate that he be in the NEXT game. Which I HOPE we don't have to wait for a new console for. Five years between Smash Bros games is just too long...

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I'm almost positive they're going to release the Smash Bros. games like they do with the Super Mario games. One per console, but they are absolutley GREAT. -I didn't much like Super Mario Sunshine, though- I just started school, so I have to wait 'til after school to see the update. It sucks, I used to could just stay up and see it.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think this is gonna be the last one isn't it? I think Sakurai doesn't want to make another one.
I remember reading on the "How this game was created" thing back when the old Smash Bros Brawl site design was still up (and they stopped updating in July last year) that he initially wanted to just work on his own projects because he had just started up Sora. But his love for the game made him decide to pick up the project. Additionally, the development team he found to work on it (which as far as I'm aware is still unknown) are true Smash fanatics. In teh event that HE doesn't want to work on the next Smash game, I'm sure that Nintendo will still want one made...and I see little reason for the team that's working on it now to decline a follow up.

ill stop you right there. its no "mistake" if Sonic is not in brawl. its merely the CEO of Sega being no smarter than a toothpick
HAAAHAHAHAAHAAAHAAHH OMG HAHAHAHHAH. but seriously, stop with the one-line spam
In that case it would most definitely be his mistake. IQ of a splinter or no, an inexcusable error is still an error that...cannot...be excused >.>

Look, a tree!

Del Money

Smash Champion
In that case it would most definitely be his mistake. IQ of a splinter or no, an inexcusable error is still an error that...cannot...be excused >.>

Look, a tree!
well-played, sir (or madam, cant always assume things ya know)

Sonic 4 Brawl (hopefully)

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
yea but that wont be for another 6 years

sonic for brawl

@ supect, i dont know he seems like he would have low traction
i dont no... i just see him slidin all over the stage. i mean he is always running, grinding and sliding on stuff in his games...i think his shoes have no traction, they just let him slide everywhere

Sinn

Smash Lord
well-played, sir (or madam, cant always assume things ya know)

Sonic 4 Brawl (hopefully)
Indeed. When you assume you make an *** of you and me. But when you make an assumption, you make an *** out of umption.

And yeah...Smash has become such a hugely popular franchise that I'm pretty sure Nintendo will keep publishing them for as long as they can. And it beats the heck out of the Mario Party series.

Sonic with no traction...that's an interesting thought. It DOES take him a while to break and make turns after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom