• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
i joined in once RDK had my name in his mouth so u can stop pretendin like u noi what your talking about.
i dont have to pretend the last couple of pages prove me right. and since MOST people of this forum are competent enough to read, they can vouch for me. so before you think youve won, learn how to play the game, smart guy

Del Money

Smash Champion
and by the way the video was a music video not an antichristian
oh...well i just saw the burning cross in the beginning so i figured you were just trying to piss people off. and either way it had nothing to do with Sonic so why did you post it?

Del Money

Smash Champion
i thought it would be funny, if i knew it would start this flame war then i wouldnt of done it
ok well it wasnt funny and start a flame war just because of the fact that itscompletely irrelevant to Sonic let alone game in general. and i know you may me thinking "you dont have lives if all youre talking about is games" but thats incorrect see as how this a video game-based forum. were this a sports forum id be talking about how much i hate Peyton Manning and how the PAtriots best take home the Lombardi trophy this season. but anyways, you wouldnt be the first person to go completely off-topic and post something that completely unrelated to anything previously discussed (a.k.a spam). but this a just a friendly reminder., its best not to post anything at all unless you actually have some to say about the topic or unless you want to sarcastically agree with know-it-alls who claim they have a copy of brawl already and "know" that Sonic and Knuckles are in. oh and the double-posting needs to stop too

yea ok buddy.
glad i have your support

Sonic 4 Brawl

oh and side note to everyone else: i think the Shadow the Hedgehog PC version is being released in Spain in November. i just saw an article and am checking it out right mother****ing now

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
*sighs*

I'd come up with a motivational and moving speech about how we shouldn't be fighting about this right now, but I'm too lazy, so I'm just gonna say this

this is a forum, not the jerry springer show. stop acting like five year olds and discuss this matter like civilised people. just because we've discussed nearly everything to death doesn't call for an arguement over such silly things.

anyway. back on topic. I think we should discuss Sonic's attitude towards the other Smashers during Subspace. methinks there'll be a over confident side, sharing a friendly rivalry with Wario, if not Mario, but that's just an idea

SonicMario

Smash Master
*sighs*

I'd come up with a motivational and moving speech about how we shouldn't be fighting about this right now, but I'm too lazy, so I'm just gonna say this

this is a forum, not the jerry springer show. stop acting like five year olds and discuss this matter like civilised people. just because we've discussed nearly everything to death doesn't call for an arguement over such silly things.

anyway. back on topic. I think we should discuss Sonic's attitude towards the other Smashers during Subspace. methinks there'll be a over confident side, sharing a friendly rivalry with Wario, if not Mario, but that's just an idea
I can picture Sonic... LOLing at Wario and then kicking his ***. How about how Sonic will think of Kirby?

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
On Topic: Sonic for Brawl....once again since the boards have died a little and everyone went to the play 2 win forums.

Off Topic: RDK hate and n00b vs Regulars flame wars......I missed a lot

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wow.

I missed something really fun. Thanks alot Del, SiD, RDK, and all the other regulars. This is OUR fault.

As on topic:

I looked back at that move list SiegK made, and what Del said, and maybe Del is right. Instead of Sonic throwing the ring and floating enigmatically in the air, just have it appear, him turn to it, and light dash within a span of 1-2 seconds.

Sonic 4 Brawl.

Del Money

Smash Champion
mario is forced to team up with everyone including sonic in order to beat the baddies in SE
i dunno if its "teaming up" per se, since each character has their own story. i mean its blatantly obvious that Mario, Kirby, Peach, and Zelda are portagonists but to only include 4 out of potentially 40 characters in the 40 second clip doesnt mean much...unless the clip is far longer than 40 seconds which seems very liekly. either way, im interested as to how the unlockable character factor plays into SE becuase make no mistake...if Sonic is in, he WILL be unlockable

As on topic:

I looked back at that move list SiegK made, and what Del said, and maybe Del is right. Instead of Sonic throwing the ring and floating enigmatically in the air, just have it appear, him turn to it, and light dash within a span of 1-2 seconds.
youre damm right im right.

Sonic 4 Brawl

Garuda

Smash Ace
Unless they end up making it fast some how. Great job, SiegK, sorry I didn't get around to saying that sooner. Very good imagination.

Oh, and how do I get rid of the cut in my sig? I know it was discussed soooo many pages ago, but I have no idea where.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
in SeigK's moveset, im pretty sure he meant the ring to fall, not enigmatically float in the air. But it appearing isnt a bad idea. Oh Del, u spelled Mario wrong (Marik geez it made me think to when i was into Yugioh hahaha)
@MrWiggz: taking out the ring would lag too much? u mean THROWING the ring and then Light Dashing right?
EDIT: hahaha wasnt that the rumor of how to Sonic in Melee (kill 24 in cruel melee to get Sonic and Tails haha)
EDIT 2: baah...i forgot to say: In SeigK's moveset, there was no Upair (which would most likely be a flash kick.) and that Homing Attack wasnt there (which could be Spindash in the air without the charge.)

Del Money

Smash Champion
Unless they end up making it fast some how. Great job, SiegK, sorry I didn't get around to saying that sooner. Very good imagination.
id just prefer instanteous ring appearance and Sonic traversing them according to the player's directional
Oh, and how do I get rid of the cut in my sig? I know it was discussed soooo many pages ago, but I have no idea where.
your image height exceeds the maximum allowed sig height...you need to downsize it

EDIT: @ylink_underestimated
did i really spelt Mario wrong? damm thats awful

Sonic 4 Brawl

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Wow.

I missed something really fun. Thanks alot Del, SiD, RDK, and all the other regulars. This is OUR fault.

As on topic:

Sonic 4 Brawl.
Hey, thx for all your support guys, really.

But I think the ring should stay, cause a line or rings would be so fixed, with my idea he tosses one ring into the air and depending on when you dash to it decides how far up or to the side you go.

I didnt make it a stream of rings, he throws just one and follows it.
Also, you can dash to it as soon as you want.

SiegK

Smash Champion
and that Homing Attack wasnt there (which could be Spindash in the air without the charge.)
I hear what your saying about the Homing Attack not being there. I was sad when desided not to put it in cause one of his trademark moves, but i just saw it as too cheap to be in use, I didnt want to make him an imbalanced character like Fox was in Melee. (Even though Sonic is just so awesome it would be hard not to make him so imba, am i right? Lol)

And your right, i did think of using his B (spindash) as a Homing in air, but no character has a normal Special move that is different depending on position. Mario fire ball same air and ground, Fox laser, Falcon Punch, all are the same in air or on ground with the exeption of Shiek who throws needles diagonally downward, but is still same move. So I couldnt just make a button do two moves. DO ya see where im coming from?

and the Up air, I know I forgot. Lol. Sorry guys. Ill just leave that one all your own interpretations.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hey, thx for all your support guys, really.

But I think the ring should stay, cause a line or rings would be so fixed, with my idea he tosses one ring into the air and depending on when you dash to it decides how far up or to the side you go.

I didnt make it a stream of rings, he throws just one and follows it.
Also, you can dash to it as soon as you want.
Here's something I thought about.

His Up-B would be similar to Foxs in the sense that you have a few seconds prior to the attack taking place to choose which direction to go.

How about when you hit Up-B, Sonic charges of a mid-air spin (hey, he's done it in mid air before), and begins to glow a light blue. During that time, which will last a few blinks, a ring also appears, and before Sonic finishes spinning, you set the ring at an angle around Sonic (the ring could be fully controlled and move a complete 360 degrees around Sonic, but only to a certain distance), and when the time is up, Sonic light dashes towards the ring and continues to move in that direction for a few moments, then free falls.

I know it sounds kinda confusing, but it really isnt.

The blue glow idea was from the Light Dash in SA1 by the way.

in SeigK's moveset, im pretty sure he meant the ring to fall, not enigmatically float in the air.
I was talking about Sonic. If you did it in the air, it'd be weird to see him float their whilst throwing the ring..

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Wow, I go to school for one day, and when I get back their is 5+ pages of a flame war I helped start but didn't get to see throughouthat makes me sad.

Doesn't matter, I reserved my copy of Brawl today! *See IllidR's sig.*

RDK

Smash Hero
What part in the moveset does ring-throwing come in again? Is that part of his up-B?

RDK

Smash Hero
Reggie is a fool.

"My name is Reggie. And I.....am.....happy."

^Megaphail

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Kind of weird he mention M&S then straight after he says Brawl and says it will turn "THAT" fight into an all out brawl, you mean the Sonic vs Mario one don't you Reggie.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Kind of weird he mention M&S then straight after he says Brawl and says it will turn "THAT" fight into an all out brawl, you mean the Sonic vs Mario one don't you Reggie.
Actually, the "fight" he is talking about is the fight over the controller he mentioned earlier, not MvS.

Reggie? Its the announcer of the games at E3 2006 or 2007...
Otherwise known as Reggie.

SiegK

Smash Champion
I was talking about Sonic. If you did it in the air, it'd be weird to see him float their whilst throwing the ring..
He wouldnt be floating there he falls as if it were a jump and then chases the ring. it would make it more interactive then seting a ring in the air. Also, for the fast sonic fans and how we are use to handling him, I think we would much rather have to make a fast choice rather then have the luxery of being able to set it ourselves.

Im sure the true Sonic fans would prefer the quick action move set or Tossing the ring into the air, not floating but reacting to normal game engine simulation of gravity, and chasing it to your desired angle of destination.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
No he means it will turn the sonic & mario Olymics game into a Brawl as in SSBB As in another title as in two mario games with sonic in both 1 relating with brawl...

SiegK

Smash Champion
No he means it will turn the sonic & mario Olymics game into a Brawl as in SSBB As in another title as in two mario games with sonic in both 1 relating with brawl...
hectichobo right, I dont think he was meaning it to the controller Brawl. Hes just to stupid to know that he presented it way to obvious and thinks hes being sneaky.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
hectichobo right, I dont think he was meaning it to the controller Brawl. Hes just to stupid to know that he presented it way to obvious and thinks hes being sneaky.
No no no, he is talking about the fight over the controller turning into a brawl.

I don't know why I try.

Del Money

Smash Champion
i dont like reggie's speech skills they kinda suck
thats basically what happens when youre a stupidass (directed at Reggie not you)

No no no, he is talking about the fight over the controller turning into a brawl.

I don't know why I try.
you shouldnt try. Reggie doesnt try to be a total peckerhead. and he fairs just well

who cares man let them believe/dream
well i eguss youll have helped em reach that dream if the PC version is released

Sonic 4 Brawl...Sega best come through dammit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom