• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Puffball64, they're really cool. I think the environment might be too interactive though. My friends and I don't play Big Blue because it's a "banned" stage, but because it's annoying. I can see if the snowboard section actually becomes like Big Blue, which would be a lot of snowboards, much better than having like 4 little spots to land on the ground.
Not sure I fully understand what you said, so if I make a mistake anywhere in this next paragraph, I apologise.

When the bridge collapses, the entire bridge falls down the slope, like a giant snowboard. Imagine Big Blue, but instead of jumping from car to car, imagine just playing on that big car in the beginning (ship, whatever) all the way through.

Just like that.

I personally like Big Blue. I like the insanity really.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
hah those are sick. i wish i could do that. i dont really like drawing backgrounds, let alone stages. wen u get to the third one tho, how do u get back to the first one (or do u jus stay there)?
You just stay there.

They aren't drawn btw. Like I said, sprite sheets.

All of this is done in MS Paint too.

lolz.

IcarusKid

Smash Cadet
i think you people are getting a little over your head. Your already waiting for something that's not even confirmed yet. Once its confirmed then you can say something stupid like "OH YEAH! THIS IS HAPPENIN!". Or something else Sonic said.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
What the hell is your beef with 3rd Party characters? Listen, if they have made substantial appearances on Nintendo systems and uphold a very strong position in the gaming world, why should they be part of Smash? Sonic especially. He's one of the highest grossing video game characters ever. Get over it, there will be 3rd Party characters.

P.S.- As soon as the next one shows up, I'm throwing it right in your face.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
i think you people are getting a little over your head. Your already waiting for something that's not even confirmed yet. Once its confirmed then you can say something stupid like "OH YEAH! THIS IS HAPPENIN!". Or something else Sonic said.
how does that make us get over our heads (or however u say it)? besides, this is a support thread for him, anything about him is wecome anyway

IcarusKid

Smash Cadet
^^^^
What the hell is your beef with 3rd Party characters? Listen, if they have made substantial appearances on Nintendo systems and uphold a very strong position in the gaming world, why should they be part of Smash? Sonic especially. He's one of the highest grossing video game characters ever. Get over it, there will be 3rd Party characters.

P.S.- As soon as the next one shows up, I'm throwing it right in your face.
LMAO!!! Ok deal. Throw it in my face. Ok i'll stop not wanting 3rd party characters. Instead here are the 3rd party characters i want.

Peter Griffin (His was in a GBA game so its possible he could be in it.)
Leon Kennedy (Game Cube RE4)
and there may be more i'll think of some.

LMAO!!! Ok deal. Throw it in my face. Ok i'll stop not wanting 3rd party characters. Instead here are the 3rd party characters i want.

Peter Griffin (His was in a GBA game so its possible he could be in it.)
Leon Kennedy (Game Cube RE4)
and there may be more i'll think of some.
hes right u know. Sonic was the most wanted 3rd party character in the game anywayz. if im rite the maker of Sega personally asked for Sonic to be in (im pretty sure Snake wasnt the only one). plus Snakes already in so there will be 3rd parties whether u like it or not.
n hey, for some more stupid ideas, visit the link in my sig (no not the one that says WW Link, the that says ********, like u haha jk.)

EDIT: if u actually take me seriously on my link and post them all here, u must be ********

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
Dante can't make it in because he was never on a Nintendo system. Same goes with Master Chief and the Gears of War guy. That breaks rule #1.

Vegeta, the Elric brothers, the Naruto ninjas, and Leonidas were all in mangas first. This breaks rule #2.

The only reasonable (and possible) characters are Kilik, Leon/Chris/Jill, and MAYBE some DDR dancers (as silly as that sounds).

IcarusKid

Smash Cadet
How about Conker? Conker can smoke cigars and shoot his AK-47 at people. That'll be a fun 3rd party character now wouldn't it? I think i'll make it funny.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
All of Conker's games are M-rated, so I would that it would be a near impossibility that he would make it in the game. Banjo and Kazooie, made by the same company, would have a much stronger chance, as their games are family games, and the majority of his moves from his N64 games would be translated to smash bros rather well

^^^^
Dante can't make it in because he was never on a Nintendo system. Same goes with Master Chief and the Gears of War guy. That breaks rule #1.

Vegeta, the Elric brothers, the Naruto ninjas, and Leonidas were all in mangas first. This breaks rule #2.

The only reasonable (and possible) characters are Kilik, Leon/Chris/Jill, and MAYBE some DDR dancers (as silly as that sounds).
umm...u should see the thread i got it from Dyce haha

IcarusKid

Smash Cadet
All of Conker's games are M-rated, so I would that it would be a near impossibility that he would make it in the game. Banjo and Kazooie, made by the same company, would have a much stronger chance, as their games are family games, and the majority of his moves from his N64 games would be translated to smash bros rather well
And someone back a few posts said i fail. You however made a huge mistake. Snake.... All of his games except for like 1 which was for the GBA are M rated. Is Snake in the game? Oh yeah he is! What a surprise! Banjo on the other hand is now own by Microsoft and I don't think he has a good chance of getting in. Besides i'm not even a fan of Conker i was just suggesting him for fun. :laugh:

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
And someone back a few posts said i fail. You however made a huge mistake. Snake.... All of his games except for like 1 which was for the GBA are M rated. Is Snake in the game? Oh yeah he is! What a surprise! Banjo on the other hand is now own by Microsoft and I don't think he has a good chance of getting in. Besides i'm not even a fan of Conker i was just suggesting him for fun. :laugh:
touché. I really need to analyse stuff better. :dizzy:

flame_overlord

Smash Rookie
they could use the costumes you got in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle when you got all A rank with certain characters. and if a second character is going to be admitted, its most likely Tails or Shadow, they might just end up as assist trophys though... and i agree with the moveset completely, but his up-B should put him into ball mode, if you hadnt already thought that.(wasnt specified)

Garuda

Smash Ace
Off the Sonic topic (mostly) - I also don't think any RARE (as in the developer) characters will make the cut. DK was always owned by Nintendo, now Microsoft owns the rights to Banjo, Conker, all those characters. So either way, I wouldn't count on any RARE characters appearing. And when I capitalize that, it's not emphasis, it's (afaik) the officially way to see it.

Sonic topic - ....... I hope this box art rumor dies down. I've seen it since, like, around the time the E3 06 trailer was released.

I think I know one way he could fit in the adventure mode. It's far-fetched, but I personally like it, makes things dramatic.

Maybe they brainwash Sonic and make him all badass and stuff and turn him on Mario, a "good friend"? And it's up to Mario to stop him, no matter how reluctant he is in hurting him.

Ah, forget it.

SONIC BOOM FO BURR ALL

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
A stage in adventure mode or the subspace emissary based on Sonic just sounds right, I mean, if they're gonna keep Sonic a secret till the release date I think we should get something more. Ridley fans and Sonic fans have pretty much waited the longest for their inclusions, it's madness. There's nothing to keep us hyped till the release or some hoax again. What could possibly keep us waiting till then.

IcarusKid

Smash Cadet
Off the Sonic topic (mostly) - I also don't think any RARE (as in the developer) characters will make the cut. DK was always owned by Nintendo, now Microsoft owns the rights to Banjo, Conker, all those characters. So either way, I wouldn't count on any RARE characters appearing. And when I capitalize that, it's not emphasis, it's (afaik) the officially way to see it.

Sonic topic - ....... I hope this box art rumor dies down. I've seen it since, like, around the time the E3 06 trailer was released.

I think I know one way he could fit in the adventure mode. It's far-fetched, but I personally like it, makes things dramatic.

Maybe they brainwash Sonic and make him all badass and stuff and turn him on Mario, a "good friend"? And it's up to Mario to stop him, no matter how reluctant he is in hurting him.

Ah, forget it.

SONIC BOOM FO BURR ALL

Sega tried to make Sonic and Shadow BA and failed horribly. Shadow overused swearing like a middle school kid swearing to be cool. When Sonic swore it just didn't fit him. I guess sega was acting as the middle school kid swearing trying to be cool lol. Oh well I hope they learned from one of thier worst game creations, Shadow the Hedgehog.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Did Sonic swear in Shadow the Hedgehog as well? I know Shadow swore too much, but I don't ever remember hearing Sonic do it too... oh well. But yeah, SEGA, in my opinion, tried and FAILED to make Shadow bad-***. Sonic didn't need it either, he was already cool enough to me.

Sonic for Brawl, new management for SEGA

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Did Sonic swear in Shadow the Hedgehog as well? I know Shadow swore too much, but I don't ever remember hearing Sonic do it too... oh well. But yeah, SEGA, in my opinion, tried and FAILED to make Shadow bad-***. Sonic didn't need it either, he was already cool enough to me.

Sonic's cursed outside of Shadow, just in the Japanese versions of certain Sonic games and the two animes.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I finished the Ice Cap Zone crap, and it took a little OVER 9000!!!!......seconds to make.

I don't want to make a topic about it in the Stage Discussion, so I'll put it here since I'm so naughty.

Also, there was a lack of innovative sprites given to me by Ice Cap Zone. That is why is was so tough to make. I decided to go the Castle Siege approach, and make the stage change through certain actions:

----------
Ice Cap Zone Section 1

There's a very small pit in this section, in the far right corner. KOs can be made horizontally or cieling. No enemies or background interventions. The snow slope, all the way to the ice bridge is the platform for battle. A floating platform hovers over the only pit in this section. The only edge you can grab onto is the right ledge of the ice bridge.

By the way, the platform sways from side to side.

Attacking the snow to the left of the hovering platform however will cause the bridge to fall, taking everyone down with it in a "Sonic on Snowboard" style. You can still fight as you ''snowboard" down the slope. However, just like in the beginning of Ice Cap Zone, a wall will stop the progression of the ride, and the "giant bridge snowboard" will shatter, sending all the fighters downward...
----------

Ice Cap Secton 2

KOs are possible in every direction. The floating badnik acts like the bumper from Peachs Castle in smash 64, but gives much less knockback and minimal damage. The ice machines on the sides instantly freeze your character, but it is very easy to escape. One machine fires ice while the other is stationary, and they take turns, switching back and forth. The freezing makes vertical KOs more difficult, but gives you the satisfaction of watching the enemy fly away incased in ice. Both ledges are grabbable.

Getting frozen by the machines gives you minimal damage.

However, the ground is in fact, ice. A brawl of any magnitude weakens the ice, causing it to shatter after enough damage is given.

You continue down into the pit, as a bright light begins to appear. The blinding light engulfs the screen, and when it fades...
----------

Ice Cap Section 3

You appear in a simple set up, with the mountains and freezing lake waters behind you. A triangular hill in the background supports the uppermost platform, while 2 other platforms over in the air on the left and right respectively.

Both ledges of the floor are grabbable. And you can KO in all directions. Nothing here is destructable, and there are no intrusions from the level itself.

Kind of reminds me of Battlefield.
----------

PS: It snows in the first and third sections.

----------

I was gonna do the post in a Sakurai-esque fashion, but decided to post it my own way...

This stage is awesome, I really want it in Brawl, The third one looks tourney legal which is good cause I only play on those types of stages. Some Ice Cap Music and we gotta stage.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Sega tried to make Sonic and Shadow BA and failed horribly. Shadow overused swearing like a middle school kid swearing to be cool. When Sonic swore it just didn't fit him. I guess sega was acting as the middle school kid swearing trying to be cool lol. Oh well I hope they learned from one of thier worst game creations, Shadow the Hedgehog.
Swearing IS cool.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Off the Sonic topic (mostly) - I think I know one way he could fit in the adventure mode. It's far-fetched, but I personally like it, makes things dramatic.
More DYNAMIC, sorry Del, beat you to it this time...

OMG I never knew they swore, **** FOR BRAWL = WE NEED SONIC!

This stage is awesome, I really want it in Brawl, The third one looks tourney legal which is good cause I only play on those types of stages. Some Ice Cap Music and we gotta stage.
Agreed!

@puffball: Thank You ****it!!! I asked for the Ice Cap description loooong ago and no one answered, a little late though but thank you.
Sounds sweeeeet!

Cinos Ruof Lwarb

SonicMario

Smash Master

Yes Sonic said the D word if you fail the 2nd stage after you listen to Sonic in the 1st stage. Knuckles also swears once when you get to his stage in the Normal Mission. Other then that, Shadow is the only one to swear except for the G.U.N. general that says H*L*. I'm hoping the Sonic RPG DS game will succeed. But why am i worried? Aftre all the game is being made by RPG geniuses BioWare.

Off Topic: Does anybody have a punching bag they'll beat up in Brawl? (Mine will be Wario)

Sonic for Brawl, Hopeless Wish for Yuji Naka to come back to SEGA

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Sonic's cursed outside of Shadow, just in the Japanese versions of certain Sonic games and the two animes.
Huh, you learn new things all the time I guess...

Swearing IS cool.
How old are you? jk

Swearing... meh, I wouldn't say cool. At least not where Sonic is concerned. It just seems unnecessary to me.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I don't know what moves he would have, but we can agree that they could definitely do a lot of different stuff besides make a cool version of Final Cutter (Ike).
god, I've been wondering the same thing, I know some moves for him, but it's just hard for me to think of some that would actually makes sense to put in, one I have in mind though could be his tornado spin

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Definately. Oh and thanks. You too Dynamism.

If anyone else wants another stage example or anything like that, just request and I'll see what I can do.

lol @ post above me.

My punching bag for Brawl? Depends....

cinos ruof lwarb

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
SiD, the Onyx pic was probably more trouble to put in than the effect you got out of it. lol

But I understand now Puffer, I think that would work a lot better than a bunch of small snowboards. All in all, I think it'd be fun, although at certain points it might get annoying, but that's the price for having creativity in stage interaction.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
SiD, the Onyx pic was probably more trouble to put in than the effect you got out of it. lol

But I understand now Puffer, I think that would work a lot better than a bunch of small snowboards. All in all, I think it'd be fun, although at certain points it might get annoying, but that's the price for having creativity in stage interaction.
@ Onix comment: I lol'd when I saw it.

@ Second paragraph: QFT.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Well, here it is my first comic since you guys recommended it, kind of rushed it, had other things to do. Please comment.

I should of darkened it but there's not a d*** pen in the whole house. The scan is a little off.

Pretty much describes how I felt last week when I was sure we would of gotten Sonic by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom