• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
SID,when did you get over 400 posts? And I was in Scramento this weekend,we could've smashed a bit. :(

SiD

Smash Master
It's hard to see k1llsw1tch.

I've had 400 posts for a week or two. And don't fell too bad, I was at blizzcon this weekend anyway :)

EDIT: Chuck Norris vs. Sonic: discuss.

ten

Smash Cadet
Well, here it is my first comic since you guys recommended it, kind of rushed it, had other things to do. Please comment.

I should of darkened it but there's not a d*** pen in the whole house. The scan is a little off.

Pretty much describes how I felt last week when I was sure we would of gotten Sonic by then.
Nice! I thought it might be Sonic too when I first saw it say "challenger approaching" then I scrolled down and saw Ike instead, funny.

Sonic 4 Brawl

Garuda

Smash Ace
Yeah, too bad it's proven fake. There's a link in this thread somewhere, but it's deep.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Sonic versus Chuck Norris? well, I'm not sure, so I'm gonna leave it to the experts.

anywho, I just had a thought, with all these fakes with Sonic in a sakurai post (on the subject of Sakurai posts, great comic k!llsw!tch) wouldn't you think that for such a climatic character they would either keep him a secret until the game's release, or release a trailer before a post?

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Good call. Well done, sir.

The only reason that they wouldn't is if they had more characters they thought were going to be even more buzzworthy. In either case, it's gonna be gravy

Sssurivad

Smash Apprentice
I would love it if Sonic had the exact same moves/controls as in SA2 Battle, because I'm so used to them. But I doubt that this will be the case.

SvM

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have an idea on what Sonic's final smash would be? I think it would be cool if he used the chaos emeralds to power his stats dramaticlally and become super sonic for a short time and this effect would be sort of like bowser's or DK's final smash. Any different suggestions on what it could be?

SvM

Smash Rookie
I didn't think of it being like pikachu's FS but thats a cool idea.

SvM

Smash Rookie
I think it would be sad if that would be Sonics FS because it would just be a clone of Pikachu's FS, know what I mean? Would there be a unique difference?

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I think it would be sad if that would be Sonics FS because it would just be a clone of Pikachu's FS, know what I mean?
I can see your point, but something tells me if Sonic is in (and he had BETTER BE, don't **** this up SEGA or I'll come after your collective blood) that his FS would be different enough from Pikachu's. I personally would just want to see him transform into Super Sonic until he is KO'ed again. Damage could be reduced but knockback could still be there, kinda like the whole fight against the Final Hazard in SA2. When Super Sonic got hit there, he would only lose a few rings, but he would get knocked back pretty far.

So reduced damage, knockback stays the same, increased speed and power. And ultimate golden hedgehog pwnage. Because I live for the day when I can say that I just beat the ever loving snot out of Capt. Falcon with SUPER ****ING SONIC.

SONIC FOR BRAWL! NEW MANAGEMENT FOR SEGA!

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Maybe not flying around, but rolling like jigglypuff (but invencible, powerous and with jumping capacity).

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I can see your point, but something tells me if Sonic is in (and he had BETTER BE, don't **** this up SEGA or I'll come after your collective blood) that his FS would be different enough from Pikachu's. I personally would just want to see him transform into Super Sonic until he is KO'ed again. Damage could be reduced but knockback could still be there, kinda like the whole fight against the Final Hazard in SA2. When Super Sonic got hit there, he would only lose a few rings, but he would get knocked back pretty far.

So reduced damage, knockback stays the same, increased speed and power. And ultimate golden hedgehog pwnage. Because I live for the day when I can say that I just beat the ever loving snot out of Capt. Falcon with SUPER ****ING SONIC.

Did you....did you just Sig yourself?!!?!? I'd expect that from SiD.......

I'm having second thoughts about the Super Sonic FS. Seems the FS's are things on a MASSIVE scale. Giga Bowser is MASSIVE, which is why he is bowser's FS. The problem I see is that Sonic doesn't get any bigger, he just goes super saiyan. I don't really have any other suggestions, but still...Need to take in the MASSIVE factor. Centurions for Pit aren't massive, but Palutena is, and the concept of an Army is massive too.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Exactly SvM
It can work like pikachu bolting, you travel at the walls never falling.

Centurions for Pit aren't massive, but Palutena is
Think 20 falcos spamming targeted blaster shots from sky and say its not massive.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Did you....did you just Sig yourself?!!?!? I'd expect that from SiD.......
Sorry if it makes me seem egotistic. I just thought it was one of the more clever things I had said before... can you tell I'm not very clever most of the time? XD If I find something better it will go there. My sig changes ALOT.

Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
I'm having second thoughts about the Super Sonic FS. Seems the FS's are things on a MASSIVE scale. Giga Bowser is MASSIVE, which is why he is bowser's FS. The problem I see is that Sonic doesn't get any bigger, he just goes super saiyan. I don't really have any other suggestions, but still...Need to take in the MASSIVE factor. Centurions for Pit aren't massive, but Palutena is, and the concept of an Army is massive too.
Good point, but what about Pikachu's? He doesn't really get any bigger, he just wraps himself in an orb of electricity and flies around like a bug. I'd love for these Final Smashes to be big and over the top too, but that doesn't mean Super Sonic still can't be involved.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Sorry if it makes me seem egotistic. I just thought it was one of the more clever things I had said before... can you tell I'm not very clever most of the time? XD If I find something better it will go there. My sig changes ALOT.

Good point, but what about Pikachu's? He doesn't really get any bigger, he just wraps himself in an orb of electricity and flies around like a bug. I'd love for these Final Smashes to be big and over the top too, but that doesn't mean Super Sonic still can't be involved.
The Pikachu Volt Tackle is relative hugeness. The ball of electricity is decently large by itself, but coming from a rat the size of pikachu? That's massive.

I was just joking about the sig thing. I don't really care. I have my moveset for WW Link in mine.

@Taur Toph, the centurions themselves are not large. Which is why I went on to say the concept of an army is massive, but not the centurions themselves. They're somewhere between Pikachu and Link size.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
The Pikachu Volt Tackle is relative hugeness. The ball of electricity is decently large by itself, but coming from a rat the size of pikachu? That's massive.
Touche, Sir Greenmyst. I see your point.

Maybe he could go Super Sonic for a giant Sonic Wind? Or something... but hey, I'm easy.

I know you were probably just playing around with the sig comment. But I was planning on changing mine anyways. Now it's just my little tribute to Super Sonic and Crush 40...

but anyway

Sonic 4 brawl, new management 4 SEGA

P.S: Greenmyst, I like your moveset for WW Link!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
How about Link? He doesn't change at all, just hacks at you in a very fancy manner.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace

You and Me both buddy, Falcon will suffer!!! :mad:

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Cenedar, thank you.
And I agree that he can go Super Sonic for one of his special powers like the Sonic Wind. I just thought that Super Sonic was not enough, Bowser becomes half the size of the stage, and damage resistance, and not to mention being able to reach the other side of the stage with a neutral A. lol

Side-Note: I'm not sure what to call him really. He's not WW Link, he's the cartoony one in Minish Cap and Four Swords. He is the official new look of Young Link, but people usually think of OoT Young Link when they hear "Young Link" But I did try and use as much of his games as possible, to represent him as a whole.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Cenedar, thank you.
And I agree that he can go Super Sonic for one of his special powers like the Sonic Wind. I just thought that Super Sonic was not enough, Bowser becomes half the size of the stage, and damage resistance, and not to mention being able to reach the other side of the stage with a neutral A. lol

Side-Note: I'm not sure what to call him really. He's not WW Link, he's the cartoony one in Minish Cap and Four Swords. He is the official new look of Young Link, but people usually think of OoT Young Link when they hear "Young Link" But I did try and use as much of his games as possible, to represent him as a whole.
Hmmm, you make yet another fair point. Whatever Sonic does, it will indeed need to be big. I'd say Chaos Blast but that's Shadow... but hey, I'm sure Sakurai will think of something good for Sonic assuming he's in. I mean, when he is confirmed.

I just call him WW Link out of habit. But hey, that's me. And you're welcome as well. XD

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
*rubs eyes* must stop playing pokemon pearl...

anywho, Super Sonic is the almost definite choice for ninty and HAL as Sonic's Final Smash.

however, let's look at the possibilities.

since SA2, Sonic has been able to harness chaos control. how this can be utilised is as follows. time freezes for all but Sonic and the countdown timer, and the layer has a short time to build up as much damage on their opponent(s) as possible before the effect wears off. whether knock back effects apply are up to you.

and then we have 2 super transformations. Super Sonic and Darkspine Sonic (from SatSR)

Super Sonic looks like this:

and Darkspine Sonic looks like this

who would you preffer?

personally, I think Darkspine looks cooler, but Super Sonic is a concrete part of Sonic's being

EDIT: incase the images don't show, the links are here

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f6/Darkspines_Sonic.jpg
http://www.teamartail.com/sonicx/26/images/113supersonic.jpg

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
there is also the possibility that Darkspine Sonic is stronger than super (DON'T KILL ME! let me finish)
Spoiler warning for those who havent completed SatSR yet.

at the end of the game, to become darkspine, Sonic absorbs three of the seven world rings, while Sonic absorbs all seven chaos emeralds. now, I'm not sure how strong the rings are compared to the emeralds, but it just got me thinking, what would happen if Darkspine absorbed all seven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom