• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
I thought you said Knuckles was in Brawl?
He is. Tails isn't. But you guys said I looked up Knuckles, but everyone says Tails or Shadow. Why in the world would I say knuckles? Hmm? Exactly. But anyway, It's gonna be knuckles. I'm confident in that one because I know so. IcyDrifter out.

Oh, BTW, Don't Flame me via PM. You guys hurt me bad enough on threads. I was only trying to help by telling you whos on but whatever. I should never have given you that complex information. Its obviously too advanced for some of your minds. But seriously. Don't flame me. I'm not a liar or a mean guy.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said that only 2 or 3 third-party characters will be in Brawl... Just because Sonic might be in Brawl doesn't mean Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow will be in...
1. Snake
2. Sonic
3. some other third-party character???

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said that only 2 or 3 third-party characters will be in Brawl... Just because Sonic might be in Brawl doesn't mean Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow will be in...
1. Snake
2. Sonic
3. some other third-party character???
I think Sonic and Knuckles would be under the same character. If not, then that's it. I don't remeber anyone except Snake, Sonic, and Knuckles in the game...

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
He is. Tails isn't. But you guys said I looked up Knuckles, but everyone says Tails or Shadow. Why in the world would I say knuckles? Hmm? Exactly. But anyway, It's gonna be knuckles. I'm confident in that one because I know so. IcyDrifter out.

Oh, BTW, Don't Flame me via PM. You guys hurt me bad enough on threads. I was only trying to help by telling you whos on but whatever. I should never have given you that complex information. Its obviously too advanced for some of your minds. But seriously. Don't flame me. I'm not a liar or a mean guy.
So.....what??? You've brought this up too much, so what are you saying Sonic and Knuckles are in the game....... They wouldn't do that, I think we would honestly get Megaman....... unless.....your Sakurai in disguise.....no I'm just playing, do you have any proof to back up what your saying by the way.

Also, talk about boring update week, it's good were getting updates and all, but this week had nothing to keep smashboards crashing. Item, Special Moves, then music, well big updates are gonna be kept on hold I guess.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The guy is obviously a joke, he said he'd post screenshots... but I haven't seen them. Just ignore him.

Anyways, yeah, it looks like a boring update week, but we can't really complain after last week can we?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
How the **** did they decide to put Snake in anyway?!?!?! What made them go, "his UpB could be some many things because in MGS he has a secondary jump! He'd be perfect!"

For all we know...Bluto is the third!

That's right! I went that far back! Past Duck Hunt

Blutoiska!!!! Popeys nemisis who could DownB: slick up the ground with olive oil and B: trap you in a mat of hair!!!

oh ya...Cinos Ruof Lwarb!

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
IMO Snake was a pat on the back for MGS creator being such a zealous spokesman of the Wii. I'd been seeing quotes from him about how amazing the "Revolution" was going to be for two years before the Wii came out. So, he boosts hype, then says "I love Melee, it would be oh-so-nice if you would put Snake in it for me". All I'm hoping for is that he can hunt for food to regain health midmatch.

But on the "if Snake, then why not _____" line of logic, I say, why not Kraid!?!

Not big bad kraid, I mean autistic mutant alligator kraid. See below

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Eh. In my opinion, the Metal Gear Solid series' characters have the most personality out of any series I've seen. Tons of dialog, but it rarely becomes boring.
If you've never played one of the games, you probably shouldn't praise or mock his inclusion. I assumed he was like the guy from Splinter Cell, being your generic sneaking man with gadgets... but really, a fantastic series.
I do agree that it'll be interesting to see exactly what they did for all of his moves if he isn't allowed to use anything with bullets.

I'm kind of going off topic... herm. So, uh, guys, chili cheese dogs are delicious, am I right?
Also, I think I'd rather see Knuckles in before Tails, simply because Knuckles is so obviously built for combat, more so than any other character in the series. And I don't really like Tails and his technology, and I don't see him with a moveset that takes out the tech.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
omg i know i am so late on this. i with my cousins to pick pick up myother cousin in Berkley.
well this is what i finished so far wen we were driving there (i wasnt drawing the whole which is why im not finished)
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/dis_dude_kev/Sonicdrawingpreview.jpg
also, just for kicks, heres my drawing of Young Link. thats also not done bcuz i still need to draw WW Link next to him.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/dis_dude_kev/Ylink.jpg

EDIT: yo Del, Puff, n whoever was there for the drawing contest, hope u guys see this

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Bwuh, really very nice, ylink. Especially the young Link- though I do think the sword arm looks kind of awkward. Other than that, though, very nice texturing and looks good all around.

Bwuh, really very nice, ylink. Especially the young Link- though I do think the sword arm looks kind of awkward. Other than that, though, very nice texturing and looks good all around.
thanks qdMbp, took a while to do those. it was a 9 hour drive back and forth haha. yea the sword arm looked weird to me to, i felt it was too short but eh. plus i did the Sonic n Shadow one rather quickly. imma draw more characters on that on.

iMichael

Smash Lord
How the **** did they decide to put Snake in anyway?!?!?! What made them go, "his UpB could be some many things because in MGS he has a secondary jump! He'd be perfect!"

For all we know...Bluto is the third!

That's right! I went that far back! Past Duck Hunt

Blutoiska!!!! Popeys nemisis who could DownB: slick up the ground with olive oil and B: trap you in a mat of hair!!!

oh ya...Cinos Ruof Lwarb!
I think its more on the friendship side...Hideo and Sakurai are friends(correct me if im wrong)and he begged for Snake to be in Brawl...supposed to be in Melee but it was too late....just letting you know if you didnt know...so if you were using sarcasm then my bad:laugh:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm back. Stupid *** Power Outages, caused by Stupid *** Storms that shock the Stupid *** Power Lines, and shut all the Stupid *** Power off...

Oh am i breaking out today? Sorry.
;)

On Topic: Why can't they just tell us? Right now stores are already saying he is in the game, if anybody remembers the Canadian Best Buy. I even saw a fake box cover art from EB games that gave Sonic on. The stores will feel bad if he is not actually in the game. But i'm not saying that just because if stores say something is in, there in kind of thing. But i'm so glad that the Sonic rumor has huge exposure nowadays. G4 helped with it, many articles saying about the rumor. We'd be all set if they said it on the Radio for crying out loud. It just makes you still wonder Sonic's chances are a little higher then you expect...

(Oh and PuffBall64, your comic was hilarious. Especially the FALCON OWCH!. WHat i find coinidental, is that Ike has blue & Spiky hair. Anybody getting what i'm talking about?)

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
ok so, here's my Whyt vs Sonic pic. we all know who will win, so I even put a Sonic 4 Brawl thing in the bottom right corner. being honest, it wouldn't have been a close match, as the only way Whyt could hurt the hedgehog is by the use of his final smash, but enoguh ramblings, here's the pic

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/Acenra/100_0969.jpg

this is what you call " the cure for boredom" in my house. I'm not a very good drawer, but atleast it passes the time when the computer is being used, and the TV has been laid claim to.

I'm sure you're all thinking "what's up with his left leg?" well, being honest, I couldn't think of what to to with his lower leg in that stance, so I put it behind his upper leg and the tails of his trenchcoat.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The guy who made the comic I posted earlier made another today, and it still expresses many Sonic fan's feelings.

However, it contains vulgar language that this board shuns, so I have to hyperlink it. You've been warned, but probably don't care, since many of you are able to handle such words with serene grace:

http://www.fireball20xl.com/ioh/?id=027

Keep in mind that I didn't make these comics.

Calendar - Last Tuesday. lol haha nice nice. too bad for Tails tho haha
ay Puff, did u catch my drawing(s)? qdMbp sed they were good.
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2703874&postcount=3975

I think Sonic and Knuckles would be under the same character. If not, then that's it. I don't remeber anyone except Snake, Sonic, and Knuckles in the game...
oh n IcyDrifter, yer wrong. My friend who works for Nintendo said these were the Third Party characters. there are 10 of because Sakurai wanted to surprise us
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2699288&postcount=12

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
yes I caught them. Pretty nice.

I like the Sonic one just because I like it, and the Shadow picture is incredibly accurate. It looks like a sprite from the Sonic Rivals game...

PS: I just realized the difficulty in making an Ice Cap Zone, but I'm determined to make one. It'l just take longer than GHZ did, and with some creativity, I'm sure I can make it work.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm just bored as hell waiting, so instead of wasting away waiting, we could do something to side-track us hopefully.

@ylink:
The Link picture was pretty awesome, I can't really do anything like that, considering my incredible powers of short attention span.

Only reason I stopped posting last night was cuz I was too busy playing SRB2.

@Puff: thanks dude. i'll finish my sonic one sometime soon today at least. not sure wen ill draw WW Link tho (ive never drawn anything cel shaded). n i forgot to say earlier, yer drawings rock my world haha
@Takeshi: ye but once Sonic will be updated we'll all be like crazy over here. the posts might even get to OVER 9000!!!

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
It's going to take a while before the posts get over 9,000. Man, I'm pretty bored searching through Smash World Forums.

It's going to take a while before the posts get over 9,000. Man, I'm pretty bored searching through Smash World Forums.
no no no, u said it wrong, its OVER 9000!!! eh w/e. yea well the updates have been sucky most likely due to last week being exciting.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
We'll get to OVER 9000!!! I mean, we've already done 4000! or something, just another 5000!! to go, right?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I finished the Ice Cap Zone crap, and it took a little OVER 9000!!!!......seconds to make.

I don't want to make a topic about it in the Stage Discussion, so I'll put it here since I'm so naughty.

Also, there was a lack of innovative sprites given to me by Ice Cap Zone. That is why is was so tough to make. I decided to go the Castle Siege approach, and make the stage change through certain actions:

----------
Ice Cap Zone Section 1

There's a very small pit in this section, in the far right corner. KOs can be made horizontally or cieling. No enemies or background interventions. The snow slope, all the way to the ice bridge is the platform for battle. A floating platform hovers over the only pit in this section. The only edge you can grab onto is the right ledge of the ice bridge.

By the way, the platform sways from side to side.

Attacking the snow to the left of the hovering platform however will cause the bridge to fall, taking everyone down with it in a "Sonic on Snowboard" style. You can still fight as you ''snowboard" down the slope. However, just like in the beginning of Ice Cap Zone, a wall will stop the progression of the ride, and the "giant bridge snowboard" will shatter, sending all the fighters downward...
----------

Ice Cap Secton 2

KOs are possible in every direction. The floating badnik acts like the bumper from Peachs Castle in smash 64, but gives much less knockback and minimal damage. The ice machines on the sides instantly freeze your character, but it is very easy to escape. One machine fires ice while the other is stationary, and they take turns, switching back and forth. The freezing makes vertical KOs more difficult, but gives you the satisfaction of watching the enemy fly away incased in ice. Both ledges are grabbable.

Getting frozen by the machines gives you minimal damage.

However, the ground is in fact, ice. A brawl of any magnitude weakens the ice, causing it to shatter after enough damage is given.

You continue down into the pit, as a bright light begins to appear. The blinding light engulfs the screen, and when it fades...
----------

Ice Cap Section 3

You appear in a simple set up, with the mountains and freezing lake waters behind you. A triangular hill in the background supports the uppermost platform, while 2 other platforms over in the air on the left and right respectively.

Both ledges of the floor are grabbable. And you can KO in all directions. Nothing here is destructable, and there are no intrusions from the level itself.

Kind of reminds me of Battlefield.
----------

PS: It snows in the first and third sections.

----------

I was gonna do the post in a Sakurai-esque fashion, but decided to post it my own way...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Puffball64, they're really cool. I think the environment might be too interactive though. My friends and I don't play Big Blue because it's a "banned" stage, but because it's annoying. I can see if the snowboard section actually becomes like Big Blue, which would be a lot of snowboards, much better than having like 4 little spots to land on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom