• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Of course Mario is the biggest game franchise is it not?

And never heard about those "hardcore" games being better much.
Better is an opinion so its not true to say mario is just better than all other games. maybee its better to you but maybe the next guy's family was killed by an insane plumber on shrooms.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Better is an opinion so its not true to say mario is just better than all other games. maybee its better to you but maybe the next guy's family was killed by an insane plumber on shrooms.
I always thought Mario spoke out against drugs and particularly shrooms. I mean, I would understand if Goomba's were in Kirby's game, sucking them in, gaining super-funk-tastic powers....but Mario jumps on them and destroys them.

Sonic is another story. Someone who can just get up and move faster than anyone else? Yea, no wonder we don't see it from an outside perspective, Sonic's just on Speed.

Think about it......

Sonic 4 Brawl.

PS: Dizzy, that is SO what a real-life Falcon Punch would be!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
There was an Onimusha game a while back that supposedly played like Smash. Did anyone play it? I don't know the name but I saw screens when it was in development. Anyone play that game? Is it good? I wanted to buy it but I already have Smash and I don't know the Onimusha games at all. I think it was for PS2.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
There was an Onimusha game a while back that supposedly played like Smash. Did anyone play it? I don't know the name but I saw screens when it was in development. Anyone play that game? Is it good? I wanted to buy it but I already have Smash and I don't know the Onimusha games at all. I think it was for PS2.
You're thinking of Onimusha Blade Warriors, which came out in 2003 for PS2.

I own it. It was an alright game, as far as fighters go. I'd give it a 7.0. I did, however, like the game's weapon / fighting system, although I thought the gamelplay was a tad shallow...

And yes, you can play as both MM and Zero, who are both unlockable characters.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
The Mario one? That is from Mario Strikers Charged. It is him about to do his Mega Strike in the Intro. (If you were asking me that is)
No, not you--I was referring to whoever had the Falcon Punch sig. I know where your sig is from, lol.

I think I did see that. It was released in Japan only I believe. It had Snake in it as well. It was some Super Team or some crazy name.
And YOU'RE referring to the Dream Mix Tv fighter for Playstation. That didn't have Sonic in it.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I think Sonic would be a good addition. He's perhaps the most wanted 3rd Party Character for the game, and Nintendo knows this, so I'm sure they'll work it out.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
I always thought Mario spoke out against drugs and particularly shrooms. I mean, I would understand if Goomba's were in Kirby's game, sucking them in, gaining super-funk-tastic powers....but Mario jumps on them and destroys them.

Sonic is another story. Someone who can just get up and move faster than anyone else? Yea, no wonder we don't see it from an outside perspective, Sonic's just on Speed.

Think about it......

Sonic 4 Brawl.

PS: Dizzy, that is SO what a real-life Falcon Punch would be!
NO way mario eats the spotted shrooms and getts high(welll taller anyway) hes also smokes fire flowers(weed) out of those green pipes. In his halucinations he sees monster mushrooms and flying turtles and trys to kill them , bbut hes really killing inocent people.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Well, the update is Franklin Badge that says MOTHER on it and not a Sonic spoof in sight....well Ness is basically confirmed.......No character update his week, d*** now Sakurai is gonna do this instead of giving off the whole roster.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
the moment we see a sonic symbol, I garuntee these will happen

the boards will lag like no tomorrow

the sounds of hundreds of sonic fans fainting will be heard allover the world

the amount of preorder copies for brawl will reach the hundreds, if not thousands area in one single day

this thread will reach *takes deep breath* OVER 9000!!!!!!!! posts per minute

IcarusKid

Smash Cadet
Well, the update is Franklin Badge that says MOTHER on it and not a Sonic spoof in sight....well Ness is basically confirmed.......No character update his week, d*** now Sakurai is gonna do this instead of giving off the whole roster.
Uhm don't be an idiot. Ness was confirmed when the game was first annoucned basically. All the original characters are returning. I'm gonna make a wild guess and say your not a huge Mother fan. I mean the franklin badge was from every MOther game. This could mean we could see more Mother characters now! Better than anything else i'd say.

P.s. - THe moment me and my friend see a sonic symbol we are burning a sonic toy and putting it up on youtube. With all of the sonic music int he background. Plus added his stupoid quotes. Feel free to watch.

SiD

Smash Master
Kay couple things there, first off it's not being an idiot to not assume things are confirmed until they are. That makes you and idiot.

Second, don't come onto a Sonic thread and bash on sonic, that's obviously not what the thread is for.

Finally, Mother sucks. Deal with it. I'm your mother now.

IcarusKid

Smash Cadet
Mother doesn't suck! Jesus man.. Are you like a super sonic fanboy?! The Mother series rules out sonic. OH and I like your saying

"first off it's not being an idiot to not assume things are confirmed until they are. That makes you and idiot."

Well apparently people are already confirming characters (like sonic) so i mean your calling the the people in the entire thread idiots. Master Chief can't be in the game either. The Mother series out sells Sonic in japan. Sonic team and sega are such babies! this profs it.

http://ytmndsega.ytmnd.com/

Well just so you know. MOther series is the best series ever!

SiD

Smash Master
You're the fanboy here my friend. Scratch that, we're not friends.

I was 100% joking about Mother sucking, I've never played any of the game. And they're nothing like Sonic, so shouldn't be compared.

Second, none of us here are confirming characters, so I'm only calling you and idiot.

And are you seriously dense enough to think I was serious about Master Chief? Come on dude.

IcarusKid

Smash Cadet
I mean the i'm your Mother now statement seemed like a joke but it was the tension that made it not seem like a joke. I could care less if we were friends. Oh well its a Sonic thread. I'll just stop talking about Mother now and go the the Offical Ness thread. (the sweetest thread ever.). Fanboy? No... Just a really good fan.

Your right the Mother games are nothing like Sonic because the games are awesome.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
well i just woke up from a VERY long sleep. i just saw the Franklin Badge not too long ago, so Ness (or some people say Lucas?) is basically confirmed, not that he never was though.
When the Sonic symbol comes out (maybe the Sonic Team logo), Smashboards will crash and all our CPUs will blow up into OVER 9000!!! *breaths in* peices.

IcarusKid

Smash Cadet
well i just woke up from a VERY long sleep. i just saw the Franklin Badge not too long ago, so Ness (or some people say Lucas?) is basically confirmed, not that he never was though.
When the Sonic symbol comes out (maybe the Sonic Team logo), Smashboards will crash and all our CPUs will blow up into OVER 9000!!! *breaths in* peices.
I see way too many "OVER 9000!!!" quotes. You guys need to watch some more videos. Anyway... You just made Sonic sound more evil making our CPU's blow up lol. :laugh:. Funny though.

IcarusKid

Smash Cadet
Yeah people all over this forum use that. I'll use quotes from like Yu-Gi-Oh the abridge series. Those are the funniest vids ever. Seach 'em up on youtube.

WAH WAH WEE WAH!

IcyDrifter

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, its cool. I know Sonic is in, so i'm just gonna encourage you guys! Sonic is AWESOME! He deserved his spot in Brawl and he got it! Along with Green Hill Zone. It's the shiz!

BRAWL 4EVA!!!

Del Money

Smash Champion
Hey guys, its cool. I know Sonic is in, so i'm just gonna encourage you guys! Sonic is AWESOME! He deserved his spot in Brawl and he got it! Along with Green Hill Zone. It's the shiz!
so do you want my prerelease edition of Final Fantasy 15 or not?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
so do you want my prerelease edition of Final Fantasy 15 or not?
Del's so fuuuuuuuuuuuunny.

Also, someone used the word Bacon to term the Final Smash. Awesome. What the smash wiki says about the term Bacon is wrong. Davcak may have started Bacon...

but I made it better!

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Yeah people all over this forum use that. I'll use quotes from like Yu-Gi-Oh the abridge series. Those are the funniest vids ever. Seach 'em up on youtube.

WAH WAH WEE WAH!
haha. SCREW THE RULES I HAVE MONEY!!! lol my favorite one was with the Mako dude. "Yugi wai! *throws a spear* "WHAA! why did u just throw a spear at me!" "well, i didnt want u to go" "well then u couldve just asked, 'hey Yugi, dont go yet'!" "...Yugi dont go yet!" "well its too late now, after u almost skewered me with a spear!" *leaves* "well at least i still have u ocean...how come u never answer me ocean?"
haha i think thats how it goes, i havent seen it in a while XD

BRAWL 4EVA!!!
...well at least no one will flame u today for being supportive (i guess u kinda were before). i say that because u got a bad rep with that Sonic and Knuckles being in Brawl thing...

EDIT: lol at Del

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom