• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official sonic stage thread

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
or in one of his other contraptions. Seriously though, i've grown up almost completely on Sonic games so I could probably list every level up through Shadow the Hedgehog and explain how they could be used in Brawl. I have no life XD...

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
RPGs like Final Fantasy? I've religiously played 7-10 in that department, but thats off topic.

Has anyone thought about Sky Sanctuary from Sonic and Knuckles? It would be a lot like Pit's level but there are many things you can do with Mecha Sonic and the warp panels scattered through the level. Most of all, I personally want them to revive the Death Egg, I'm writing a fan fic with the Death Egg playing a major role in the plot.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Green Hill would only be decent if used as a SE stage with Eggman pestering you through it, i cant imagine having 4 people fight it out in that place though.

JUMPING_YOSHI

Smash Cadet
If Live and Learn is to appear on a stage, then they pretty much have no choice but to use Space Colony ARK.
I agree with this,maybe having a scrolling stage based on the inside of the Colony would be nice...it's that or a GHZ remake.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Well so far we have

ARK
Green Hill Zone
Green Forest
City Escape
Pyramid Cave
Soleanna
Meteor Herd
Station Square

any more ideas?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I agree with that. Hmm... what big stage from the Sonic Universe can be used?
I second that. Well, the first part anyway. I think that Green Hill Zone has potential to be a big stage if they really wanted it too. I mean, it was a long side-scrolling level, they could use as much or as little of it as they like.

finalark

SNORLAX
True, but I am really anti-Green Hill, but that's just my inner SA2 fanboy talking. Hey, How about City Escape? The Truck at the end of the stage could somehow be used.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
True, but I am really anti-Green Hill, but that's just my inner SA2 fanboy talking. Hey, How about City Escape? The Truck at the end of the stage could somehow be used.
I don't blame you, that game was awesome. To be completly honest I've never actually seen Green Hill Zone as i've never played any of the original Sonic games. It is on my to-do list, right after I get my hands on some Wii Points. On topic, can you give me a better idea of how City Escape would work? I've played that level at least thirty times and I still don't see how they could encorporate it into Brawl other than Delfino Island-like moving stage.

M.K

Level 55
I think that Chao Island is a good level design. The stage could cycle inbetween the Hero, Normal, and Dark Gardens, with Chao in the background. Omochao could be the "Shy Guys" and carry items onto the field.

What do you all think?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Make the items something Sonic-y and I could see it working. There is platforms and water in there already so I don't see how it could not work.

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
My idea:

You start off in a plain area with no platforms. as the characters make their appereance, you hear an announcer saying: "3... 2... 1... GO!" In that second the stage will start side scrolling somewhat fast (just enough to make slow characters like Bowser and Ike to make it too) and the characters will be running for waht looks like a minute or so, the track could even have boosts and loops :D. After running through the whole track you reach a somewhat basic battlefield in which you may fight normally.

I think this is a pretty good idea, some people might even use the racing part as a race "mini-game". A little like the Ice Climbers stage in Melee except, it's sideways and finally stops moving after some time.

Specs

Smash Cadet
My idea:

You start off in a plain area with no platforms. as the characters make their appereance, you hear an announcer saying: "3... 2... 1... GO!" In that second the stage will start side scrolling somewhat fast (just enough to make slow characters like Bowser and Ike to make it too) and the characters will be running for waht looks like a minute or so, the track could even have boosts and loops :D. After running through the whole track you reach a somewhat basic battlefield in which you may fight normally.

I think this is a pretty good idea, some people might even use the racing part as a race "mini-game". A little like the Ice Climbers stage in Melee except, it's sideways and finally stops moving after some time.
Reminds me a bit of the old Power Stone games for Dreamcast, you'd be in the middle of a fight and suddenly the stage would explode or you'd be forced to escape from burning arrows or what not. A short minigame or scrolling screen would commence, followed by a brand new area of the stage. I'd love to see this in some of the new stages, as opposed to a solid drop (like in the new FE stage).

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
green hill zone wins, hands down.

Not making that his stage would be like making him green by default and giving him a pair of converse shoes

finalark

SNORLAX
Wow, you just described Scourge the Hedgehog from the comics...

Anyway, I still think it's going to be a Sonic Adventure 2 stage, just listen to the music played in his video. It's the main theme from Sonic Adventure 2 so the only logical choice (now that that song has been played) is to pick a stage from SA2.

D

Deleted member

As said earlier, it would be too similar to Corneara, but do you have any ideas on how the stage could work?

The upper, outer part would be like Corneria; The inner part would be closer to Temple

D

Deleted member

I was thinking could be like a cross-section of Egg Carrier

D

Deleted member

I think the floating island where the Master Emerald is would be a good stage. Kinda like Kirby's Dream Land stage, except REALLY big with the Master Emerald, and possibly Knuckles, in the background.
You mean Angel Island

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Due to live and Learn being played during Sonic's introduction to brawl, I expect the ARK.

I see Green Hill Zone as being one of the side scrolling levels in SSE instead of a stage.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
the ARK is Shadow's stage for the millionth time, i know its a great stage but the fact is that sonic will be a classic stage and yes probably it will be GreenHill.

Top Bottom