• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official sonic stage thread

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
Sonic could have these most likely:
Sonic 1
Green Hill (I think this has a high possibility, who doesn't think this zone should be it?)
Scrap Brain has some possibility... (They could have those floors that open up and cause you to fall off the stage...)
Ahh, Scrap Brain. That would be cool...

Sonic 3
Angel Island *see other post*
Sandopolis has many possibilities as well...
Hidden Palace
Sky Sanctuary
Dude, the only one from Sonic 3 there is Angel Island, the rest are Sonic & Knuckles...

Sonic Adventure
Mystic Ruins where you fight Chaos and Knuckles... that area might work...
Egg Carrier (but it'd probably be very much like Halberd..)
That area where you fight Eggman last as Sonic (egg viper)
I figured if there was a stage from this game, the best contender is the floating island, with the shrine on it, and Chaos as a Stage Hazard, Egg Carrier & Station Square a possible second.

Sonic Adventure 2
Green Forest where Sonic and Shadow fight
Pyramid Cave Where Sonic/Eggman fight Egg Golem
Meteor Heard Knuckles and Rouge fought there...

I just picked what I felt would be creative... I might get my art skills and make some mock ups of what stages could look like for those levels, the possibilities are quite honestly endless.

Pyramid Cave would be cool, and it could have multiple levels to it... On the first level with the Egg Golem attacking you, until it got sick of you and just wrecked the platform entirely, sending you down below onto moving blocks in the sand, with those monkeys throwing bombs at you in the background...

finalark

SNORLAX
Pyramid Cave would be cool, and it could have multiple levels to it... On the first level with the Egg Golem attacking you, until it got sick of you and just wrecked the platform entirely, sending you down below onto moving blocks in the sand, with those monkeys throwing bombs at you in the background...
Good idea, but then again, the place where that took place in was Eggman's base...

Anyway, it's a good idea. I hate those monkeys.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
you are aware i did come up with that idea a while ago don't you? Well at least i know someone has the same thoughts and concept on a stage.

finalark

SNORLAX
It would work, seeing the amount of breakable/changing stages that are now present in SSBB.

Oh, and where to you get those character tabs that are used in sigs? I want one of those.

finalark

SNORLAX
... I am a sad boy....

Anyway, here is another candidate for a Sonic stage:

Mystic Ruins from Sonic Adventure. You could ride on the back of the snake as various stage hazards come by and try to knock you off the snake's back.

finalark

SNORLAX
Got me there, I'm not a big hand-held gamer. All of my hand-held games are RPGs (excluding Gun Star Super Heroes and Sonic Battle). But I did at one time own Sonic Advance 3. But I can't think of any stages in that game I liked in particular.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well we need to take EVERY sonic game into consider what stage will be used, will it be obvious like Green Hill or sneeky like Station Square or obscure as Soleanna or A.R.K

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Well how about the chao world? I mean you play in the area where you raise chaos and you constantly move from the each zone ie. evil chao world. It would sort of be like delfino since since you are moving across the world. So any comments?

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
hehe i guess it would be a bit to cute, but the evil world might be pretty nice

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
na i stand by what i mean by NO chao garden... actually that maybe a way to spend your money, on breeding chao?! Oo; odd idea i know but its something...

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
haha wow that would be pretty cool, not only using money on stickers but chao too! that would really make the gambling system in brawl worthwhile!

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
really? Depends on whether or not people like chao, if so then yes also maybe dress a chao like other brawl characters such as bowser, snake, metaknight and wario those would look funny.

Perkinjy

Smash Rookie
Still hoping for a loop the loop no matter what stage...play under it, chase people while running on it, fight on top of it...maybe burrow through the stage at the bottom of the loop to drop into a bottom layer?

Chao look cute. Even the little evil ones. Do they play a big role in Sonic's later games?

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
It is making quite a thought isn't it, make it like SA2B where you can train chao to fight, lol chao fighting like brawl characters

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
haha maybe you can train your own chao and the stregth of your chao and it's move set is up to you. That would be great. Or even you buy the moveset for your chao and you challenge other chao's online. Haha this idea can really be expanded

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
also choose what skills you want e.g.

Metaknight Down special
Snake Up special
fox side special
Kirby stanard special
Samus Final Smash

that would be a extremely good chao.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
lol you could buy all the moves from a store by mixing and matching attacks, then using the chao's online. I REALLY like this idea

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
if we could tell sakurai this it maybe a good move, for a reason to buy with money, also whether its a chao or not, it could be for you mii

finalark

SNORLAX
Ugh, I hated that addition to the game anyway, about what was said about Angel Island earlier, perhaps it could start out normal, but then when it gets fire bombed the fire could be a hazard.

marioiswaiting

Smash Cadet
so do i, that addition was stupid and your right the day megan man gets into brawl is the day DoC gets good revs.
(just commenting on your quote)

finalark

SNORLAX
Thanks for the support. Anyway, in Space Colony ARK someone brought up the idea of Station Square, Prefect Chaos stage hazard anyone?

finalark

SNORLAX
Well, I have an idea for what Station Square could be.

Imagine three tall buildings, the one on the right is shortest and longest while the one in the middle is tallest. In the background Prefect Chaos is wrecking havoc and fires a laser beam at the stage every now and again. If this sounds kind of like Fourside, that because that's where I got my inspiration from.

marioiswaiting

Smash Cadet
i see that idea finalark but i see a dark eerie background with sort of on top of a skyscraper with prefect chaos destroying everything and lights flashing when it hits someting and huge it explodes and smoke

finalark

SNORLAX
They played the Sonic Adventure 2 main theme, so it's probably going to be a stage from there, this was just and idea someone had that I gave form.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) is in my opinion the BEST Sonic title. As far as Shadow for a character, i dont think so. He would best be used as an AT using Chaos Control to slow down / temporarily stop the opponents. If he was playable, however, he would more than likely be the equivlent to Falco with Fox, slow on foot but better arial abilities.
A great level to represent the Sonic series would be on of the classics such as Green Hill(with Eggman's boulder machine moving about) or Meteor Herd (on the top of that complex in the center with meteors falling). If Shadow is a playable character than yes, the ARK would undoubtably be a great level to represent him.

SE: Does anyone think that City Excape or Radical Highway would make good Adventure stages?

finalark

SNORLAX
Actually, I had suggested Radical Highway before and City escape has been suggested many times. To tell the truth, I really don't want to see Green Hill has a stage, but work on that Meteor Herd idea.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
gosh people hate me being too picky about detail, oh well.
Meteor Herd: you can have the characters stand on one of the bars at the top of the main complex. Naturally the level would need meteors occasionally to cause distracting damage to the players. From time to time you could have a GUN robot appear but easily could be disposed of by a player. Also, as a good little switch up, the gravity chanber in the bottom could activate and send the players up higher to another platform(or group of platforms). After a while the platform can get destroyed by a meteor, sending them back down to the large structure.

finalark

SNORLAX
Hmm... I can't think of any stage where he could be a stage hazard but as an AT he could appear in his E.G.G Walker and then use his laser cannon, disapearing after he was finished.

Top Bottom