• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Smash LEAGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephiros

Smash Ace

~ The League ~

The Smash LEAGUE is a continuous online league, over kaillera, for Super Smash Brothers.
It also serves as a precise ladder and uses the ELO Rating System.

This system gives a rating to each participant, starting at 1000 and going up or down depending on how well you're doing. What is great about this system is that, if you lose against someone with a very high rating compared to yours, you will only lose a few points, yet if you somehow win your rating will go up a lot and their rating will also equally go down. If you win against someone with a much lower rating, you will only gain a few points, though.

~ League Rules ~
  • If you join this, please try to stay as active as possible within the League
  • Participants will start with a rating of 1000 and may not modify their rating without my order
  • If someone challenges you, you must accept the challenge unless it is impossible for you to play at this time or unless you've already finished a League match that day. (This is to help keeping the League active)
  • You can't play against the same player twice on the same day. I will try to update the thread with the current ratings once a day
  • Immediatly after a League match, both participants must contact me to give me the result (Player 1 VS Player 2, Player 1 won) either by PM on Smashboards or by email at marcusdraconis_2@hotmail.com, I will then reply with a confirmation and your updated rating
  • If you are in the League, add your current rating in brackets next to your nick on Kaillera, to allow matches to be organized on the spot easily. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, and will help make the League much more active and opponent-finding easier
    Example : "Nephiros [1263]"
  • To join the League, PM me or send me an email telling me the nick you want to use (it must be the same than the one on Kaillera). You must also tell me that you've read the League rules as well as the Matches rules and will follow them. So PM or email only, jeez that should be clear enough for everyone.

~ Matches Rules ~
  • Best of three
  • 5 Stocks
  • No items
  • Hyrule must be the stage for the first game
  • Advanced Slob Picks - After a game, the loser choose the next stage, then the winner may choose to change characters, then the loser may change characters. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT so make sure to follow this rule
  • Double-blind pick may be called for the first match (the two players tell the characters they will pick to the same third person in secret and then choose this character, to prevent character counterpick on the first match)
  • Macros (auto DI, etc) and external programs which will affect the game are forbidden
  • Stages available: Peach's Castle, Hyrule Temple, Saffron City, Dreamland and Congo Jungle ONLY
  • If a player lag too much or keeps disconnecting, the players will have to find an appropriate server, otherwise the match will simply be cancelled and the ratings will stay the same
~ Ladder ~
[rating] Name (Wins-Loses)
Total League matchs played : 53​

[1086] Nephiros (13-4)
[1086] JaimeHR (7-0)
3. [1083] thegreginator (11-2)
4. [1025] Peekatchu (2-0)
5. [1019] Nintendude (2-1)
[1013] Edg(1-0)
6. [1013] Vex Kasrani(3-2)
8. [1012] Tigerbombz (1-0)
8. [1012] BHLMRO (1-0)
[1005] Boots (2-2)
11.[1001] oblio (2-2)
12.[1000] Umbrasquall (0-0)
12.[1000] Dapuffster (0-0)
12.[1000] holy_pyro (0-0)
12.[1000] Darling-SSB (0-0)
12.[1000] jakeywakey (0-0)
12.[1000] KoRoBeNiKi (0-0)
12.[1000] EXECUTER (0-0)
12.[1000] Johnknight1 (0-0)
12.[1000] Venus (0-0)
12.[1000] Dark_Ermac (0-0)
12.[1000] Solrac (0-0)
12.[1000] DXMachina (0-0)
12.[1000] Byron X (0-0)
12.[1000] Echo (0-0)
12.[1000] Habibi (0-0)
27. [989] Camus (0-1)
[987] Poke (0-1)
[987] Xelpherpolis (0-1)
30. [983] SonicZeroX (1-3)
[978] Toesrus (0-2)
31. [978] WFL(0-2)
33. [977] Rookie (0-2)
33. [977] TheDSGamer (0-2)
33. [977] Surri (1-3)
36. [954] Lightningmage (1-5)
37. [949] xzax1337 (0-4)

Retired​

[1014] Volrec (3-2)
[1001] Yukihana (1-1)
[991] okaygo (0-1)
[958] Marth (1-5)
[945] mercenaries (0-5)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm signing up. I sent you a PM.

There is one question I have tho.

If sombody challenges you and you already did a leage match that day does that mean you can't except the challenge? Cause your rules say that you can't decline a challenge and you can only do one leage match a day.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
"unless it is impossible for you to play at this time."

But yea, only 1 league match per day no matter what.

EDIT: There, I fixed it.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Thanks for making the hyrule stage rule. Makes it alot easier!

By the way. What was the font u used for "League" in the logo?

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
Didn't I write a complete automated ladder system for Smash Brothers? Using my code and a little tweaking, this concept was already done and it didn't work all too well. People come, people go, people lie, people avoid. I challenged so and so, and he refused etc.

Anyways I could even go a step further and write a back-end client that announced stuff inside of the EGX server. Good luck with it, and if you want my code MSN me for it.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
Sounds cool. Sign me up under thegreginator, I PMed you.

If you play against someone else in the league though, it doesnt HAVE to count for points does it? Only if you challenge them and make it official right? That would kinda ruin the fun of playing a friendly game with someone, maybe using a character you arent normally good with.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Yea, you must challenge them.

If you signed up but your name isn't in the ladder yet, maybe you should read the rules.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Aren't there sites where you can create your own ladder? Wouldn't that be easier for everyone?

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Changed the 1 match a day rule.
It is now unlimited, but you can't play twice against the same player on the same day.

Moocow007

Smash Ace
yeah sure, why not. sign me up. even if it doesn't pan out well the main post is really cool to look at.

Solrac - i'm dumb, listen to Umbrasquall instead.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
That's slob picks. Double blind is when in the first match both players tell a 3rd party their characters so to avoid counterpicking.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Haven't we given up with ladders and ranking systems yet? The EGX ladder died, okaygo's ladder never even really started, and most tourneys go painfully slow if they even finish at all.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Yes but look at my previous tournaments. Except, I suppose, for the 2v2 tournament, they all went really well.

And, hoping people will add their rating next to their name on kaillera, this will encourage many league matches.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
Haven't we given up with ladders and ranking systems yet? The EGX ladder died, okaygo's ladder never even really started, and most tourneys go painfully slow if they even finish at all.
well people usually don't care at all since it's not a really an offical ranking system, that's why the EGX Ladder died since there was no more interest on it it seems :dizzy:.

i was #1 at okaygo's ladder :laugh: where are my prizes unknown xP?

Nephiros

Smash Ace
It SHOULD easily fit if you try to rearrange your tags a little. I had to remove a few things, myself.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
well people usually don't care at all since it's not a really an offical ranking system, that's why the EGX Ladder died since there was no more interest on it it seems :dizzy:.

i was #1 at okaygo's ladder :laugh: where are my prizes unknown xP?
I was #1 for longer. ;)

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Lol Surri is #16, what a noob. ^^

I think the reason why this system will work better than the others is because it actually has a real and fair way of calculating ranks. Back when the automated ladder started up I suggested that it should use a system like the ELO, because the ranking method it was using just wasn't going to work.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Neph: What does the number mean? Do you get + 13 for a win against someone who's in the same position as you, and -13 for a lose, or....?

+ I'll join, and sticky.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Thanks meow, and here's how it works.

The HIGHER someone's rating is compared to yours, the more point you will gain if you win, and the less you will lose if your opponent beats you.

The LOWER someone's rating is compared to yours, the less point you will gain if you win, and the more you will lose if your opponent beats you.

Here are a few examples.

Player 1 : [1000]
Player 2 : [900]

If player 1 wins, player 1 will have [1009] and player 2 will have [891]
If player 2 wins, player1 will have [984] and player 2 will have [916]

Player 1 : [1200]
Player 2 : [900]

If player 1 wins, player 1 will have [1204] and player 2 will have [896]
If player 2 wins, player1 will have [1179] and player 2 will have [921]

The rating-distribution keeps growing like that until a certain point it's just stupid to challenge lower ranked peoples. Also, the most point you can get from one victory is 25.

And for everyone here :

PLEASE READ THE RULES AND SIGN UP THE APPROPRIATE WAY.
THANK YOU.

And DO NOT post MATCH RESULTS in this thread.

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
Lol Surri is #16, what a noob. ^^

I think the reason why this system will work better than the others is because it actually has a real and fair way of calculating ranks. Back when the automated ladder started up I suggested that it should use a system like the ELO, because the ranking method it was using just wasn't going to work.
My ladder could easily be made into ELO, anyways I'm off to fix stuff with Mupen64K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom