• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Olimar Stage Discussion

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I have more time now and I promised I'd take care of the matchup thread first, so as soon as I'm done with that, I'm going to get this thread up and running again.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Update: Frigate Orpheon and Halberd writeup added, with links put in the OP. I'm going to work on finishing the writeups for the rest of the stages before we move on to the new ones. It shouldn't take me long, so long as I have the time set aside for it. PS2 is the only one that'll take me awhile <_<

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Yes! It's great to see this thread coming back to life as well, thanks Hilt

In case you missed me saying it last night in xat, Hilt>Superman. QFT.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Finished the Castle Siege writeup. Also, considering that after MLG, more stages are being seen as possible Starters, I'm going to add the Strike category to stages such as Halberd and Castle Siege, which were normally not seen as Starters.

Almost caught up @_@

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hilt I think I love you. That, or you're just really awesome. Either way I've got a boner O_o

jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Eww.
Are the stages left to discuss important enough to start on at a time like this?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I think it'd be more important to discuss the stages that were newly added to the list. I don't know how widely all of them will be implemented (PTAD seems like the most likely out of any of them, and Green Greens was already discussed, wasn't it?) but if there's a chance that we'll run into them it could be a good idea.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
lol, stage threads never last, i remember holding the one up for a while, and it was almost like me talking to myself and hilt xD

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
This isn't dead, Dabuz. Next week I'll be more free, and we'll start it back up. I do agree that we should discuss more of the stages like PTAD and the like. I've been too bogged down with things and drama and haven't had the drive to do much Brawl related lately.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
how bout rc and delfino? Those are always in stagelists.....

And Im happy this aint dead. I like stage discussion threads. There great when I'm laddering and playing tournies on aib when I have no idea what stage to cp.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
how bout rc and delfino? Those are always in stagelists.....

And Im happy this aint dead. I like stage discussion threads. There great when I'm laddering and playing tournies on aib when I have no idea what stage to cp.
Yeah, stage discussion is good!

When I play as Olimar I like to play on stages with typically low ceiling especially Halberd. Most of the time I just KO with U-Smash. I don't like Battlefield because Marth unleashes **** on it. And Final Destination is cool too because I feel we have more survivability and room to camp.

Because of Brood, I don't think RC and Delfino are that bad for him anymore but I don't have much experience with those.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Yeah, stage discussion is good!

When I play as Olimar I like to play on stages with typically low ceiling especially Halberd. Most of the time I just KO with U-Smash. I don't like Battlefield because Marth unleashes **** on it. And Final Destination is cool too because I feel we have more survivability and room to camp.

Because of Brood, I don't think RC and Delfino are that bad for him anymore but I don't have much experience with those.
You thought Delfino was bad.

You are a terrible person.

JK :p But really, it's SERIOUSLY good for Olimar. And RC is ok against most characters if you know the stage well enough, but never take an MK there. I wouldn't take G&W either, and probably not Wario. Or Jiggs if you ever run into one.

IcyLight

Smash Lord

JK :p But really, it's SERIOUSLY good for Olimar. And RC is ok against most characters if you know the stage well enough, but never take an MK there. I wouldn't take G&W either, and probably not Wario. Or Jiggs if you ever run into one.
i take MK here does that make me a baddie? :O /gasp

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Definitely Delfino against Falco. As for ICs, I'm not sure. I would personally, probably, still go with Delfino. I'm never really sure where to take ICs, lol.

Asa

Smash Hero
i'd go delfino

gives you some ledge options
more places to run away

spike opportunities
and i get more purples there normally

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
I am.

even though i dont like playing in it... lol, always fight under the platform thing, to get my techs done.

rainbow cruise for ICs :D

Olimar ***** in every stage, i dont find stages a problem, just make sure you study ur opponent :p

Top Bottom