• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NYC Challenge Topic

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations on your top 5 placing, Wes. The competition was pretty sturdy, and for you to rank up there with them, with Samus being your vessel, shows that you're one of the best in the country. Also, congrats on placing 2nd on teams tourney. I'm pretty sure the highlight reels from those matches are ridiculous. Congratulations to one of the best, if not THE best, in NYC, Wes...: )

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
o_0, What a great smashfest, I'd say one of the best ever, simply because of the skill in that room. Too bad I had to leave a bit early.
Did have my fair share of great matches though.

It was just so funny walking into Chris' room that morning (Chris not being there, he was at work) because of the instances that occured. I saw a bunk-bed with a light-skinned dude on the top (which was awake at my arrival) and an asian dude on the bottom, sleeping. So the llight skinned guy reaches for a handshake and says "Hey what's up? who are you?" "Jenson, DireVulcan on SWF" "Cool, i'm Isai" Then i'm like "D'oh ****...I'm gonna warm-up with him?! So then I soon ask, "who's that below you?" ..he's like "That's Captain Jack". My immediate reaction..."Omfg!!!!!...i'm scared!..and done for". Yet when we got to playing...it wasn't so bad after all.

Isai: Good meeting you man, and me getting a good jump start to the smashfest with some post-basement horror. Too bad I had to defend myself against you with crap like Mario and Pikachu, but I fought hard. I wanted to show you that i'm a bit better than that. Oh well good stuff, and yes y our Fox IS good. Maybe some other time . . .

Caputin Jacku: Great person, gotta love the ultra-passive attitude, and the anime-esque battle noises when matches got critical. Surprisingly did pretty good against you, you ONLY 2 stocked me in a DK ditto, and my Mario comes close to beating your Shiek. Good times. Don't know when i'll see YOU again.

Chris: Good stuff on the 'fest, yo. Also NO the floor wasn't warm. Phuck your Kirby ****, I got away with that yumz stomp!

Silven: Still the same ol' Samus I see ;]

BluChu: Your psych-up frightens me. Sharpen up that Meow-Mix mofo.

Philly: Tough little rat ya got there, man. You need to come back and get the 1up on the Red Watch, even though it was a good match.

Bulb: Your Cap was actin up, I had to euthanize it, sorry. You did get better though..keep it up.

Jagger: =( didn't get that ditto with you, but looks like Wes did the work for me =).

Overall, I did phuking great that day, NO regrets. Chris, you need to do another one of those, hopefully another overnight one too, so I can stay for it. Good matches people, if I left anyone out, i'm not really that popular to fret about it anyway. I think tournament-absences precede my skill ;] Til next time, keep on smashing.

And yes, for the record, I got pwned by a pigeon.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
HEY DIRE... I guess I'll start playing with the c falcon... and the floor was friggen hot... and i bought you some time with some snacks :cool: It's a shame captain jack is going back... hes a real kool guy. And he was just fricken sleeping... :D too awesome.

phillybilly

Smash Journeyman
i might have a smashfest sometime soon...
I don't know yet but if I do i'll let you guys know

I'LL KEEP YOU UPDATED!!!

eternalmadila

Smash Cadet
i wann aplay some smash how about anyone else imm willing to travel and if anyone else is then fine lets get something together

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
I'm up for it Eternal, my number's on a recent post on this thread, don't feel like putting it in again o_0l

Just drop a call and we'll see what's up.

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
My crew is dying for some competition other than the same old matches among ourselves. Anyone live near northern NJ? We don't mind a drive as long it's not over an hour - We don't want to look like major crap if we're able to go to S4C. :p

my aim is bokxi and email is zanguzen@yahoo.com

-Later

Hunt7Wolf

Smash Cadet
yo, i live in northern NJ. i go to Drew University in Madison. give me an im at vendettaofagirl, ill gladly practice with you guys, or ****, me can all take a trip to nyc to play dire...har har har

phillybilly

Smash Journeyman
it's 2006!!!! just thought this should be active again
c'mon people I know everyone is looking to play new (even if it's new to only them) people in the NYC area.. SO LET'S POST ABOUT IT!!!! MAKE SMASHFESTS!!! DO SOMETHING!!! so this wouldn't have been dug up for no reason

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
WOW MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!

anyway guys just wanted to know if you guys were up for a diff kind of tourney. It just happened in GA and Mike G told me shizzy was hotty. INSOMNIA SMASH, tourney starts @ 2am and goes till its done. Thats how it was done in GA. IF DA hosts it itll be a tad diff. First one to go 2 sleep gets MANNED!! AWWW YEAAAA. We need a place now. Im thinking PC's since hes the only one who can fit 1000000 people in his basement and his parents allow his *** to play smash mad loud while their upstairs boning. Well give me your feedback ladies and PC TELL ME IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE! *starts singing beyonce's song*

Well another thing is smashfests. We should start organizing smash fests each month at specific locations. Mostly the NYC area cause its soo easy 2 get around and doesnt requrie a vehicle. Let me know ladies.

PS: thanks philly for bringin this back from the dead.
Winning 2 guantlets = 13-1500
Winning 2 KOTC = 500
Winning Paralax Lan tourney = 450
Memories = priceless

This was brought to you by mastercard.

= Dav3

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
relic...

So happy to see this thread up and running again. As long as this thread stays at the main tourney page, it'll get a lot of response. And yeah, any smashfests going on, I'd be happy to hit them up. I need to get my practice on again...:006:

youngd

Smash Apprentice
chillin, mild, azen was up yall me and eric just decided to come back to melee and just found out that alot of other people r 2 wats going on wit u guyz

P.S. Chillin my bad about saying about dat **** about u at that DC 2 tourny my girl friend was there and i was having a bad day and when u say "GET THE **** OFF OF MY STAGE b****!" I cracked like an egg but that was a really long time ago but i hope we still cool and hope to play yall soon cuz i saw some vids of yall at college and everyone was like "Yannick check this video out" and it was u and azen playing and i was so mad that yall r all over my school i had to get back in it lol wat a story anywayz PM some time u guyz lata

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol, conversation between Azen and Dav3 on the first page is hilarious.

Azen is too good.

Top Bottom