• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NYC Challenge Topic

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
I can't make it this saturday sorry to say then. I wouldn't want to go if its too jammed in either, it would seem as an annoyance. I'll go next week if thats kool; just for the fact that I have work this friday and I'm going to my friends house in Staten Island on Saturday to fix his computer and shoot up some heroin (joke)
I can promise you I'm not bad... and I'll promise you that I'm not good as well, but yesh, I want to play you some time next wek if you're still doing that dorm smash thing.

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
whatup everyone its chris here

I'm just a bit disappointed about not being qualified for the finals even tho the only times i lost in the tourney was to wes and other ppl lost more times and also came in 4th place in other tourneys but are in the finals. its very confusing to me but im not gonna keep my mouth closed about this situation... but anyways

this is about the HUGE smashfest at my place on the thursday and friday before the finals.

People expected to be there i'll name the more popular first:

Ken, Isai, Azen, Eddie, Wes, Chillin, Myself, Mike G, Kubuu and plenty of others will be here its a huge space and I'll probaly be housing everyone there so i hope all people looking for a smashfest can make it this will be pretty fun.

Strata RaZoR

Smash Journeyman
That's a pretty elite list you got there, and that's gonna be one **** of a couple of days. I wish I could make it, but I'm still up at school. That's a good time for people to see the competition, so this is definitely a must-not-miss to those that live in NYC. DO NOT PASS UP ON THIS OPPORTUNITY!! The best in the country all in one house. That never happens often in an out-of-tourney scenario, so, be there...

GanondorftheXXVI

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I want to go to any of these, but could you guys give your locations? Hmm, it's pretty ****ed up that there have been no tourneys going on in the greatest city in the world, as people call it, since S4C. Seriously though, I want to verse some good people and get schooled, to be honest I have no I idea how I would fare now...

phillybilly

Smash Journeyman
the only reason i'm not gonna take that to heart killa is cuz I know i have made alot of enemies over the years....

so as far as popularity ppl could give less than a **** about me

but i'll be going also

and then I can get my rematch in colloseum

1-hit KO on a certain pesky bug....

hmm I wonder who that happened to...

OH!!! SO NOW YOU LIKE ONE ON ONES???

I START MAKING DOUBLES TEAMS AND YOU WANT TO SWITCH IT UP???

OK NOW THAT I'LL BE BACK IN MY ELEMENT EXPECT PAIN!!!!

oh back to smash....

I never get a break from proving myself...

just wait...

Jagger02

Smash Apprentice
Can sum1 gimme a number to reach Killa, cuz I really wanna go to that smashfest. I really appreciate it. If u cant get me Chris' number, please gimme the number of sum1 that might kno it.
Thanx in Advanced.

Benevolent Ninja

Smash Cadet
How many tv's are gonna be there. I'd go if there wasn't a long wait for round robin'ing. We all know one person is gonna get glued to the controller anyway, *cough* Azen/Ken *cough*

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
yo guys, for everyone that needs directions on how to get to my place this Friday, you need to take the A, B, C, or D trains "uptown" to the 145th Street exit.

My address is 323 Edgecomb Ave apt. 15. It's actually going to be in my basement, though, which is
327 Edgecomb Ave
New York, New York 10031

Be sure to bring cubes, games, and TVs. I have 4 TVs there but only 1 cube. This is going to happen all of Friday and a little bit of Saturday. post if you have questions, or call me at :1-212-283-9889. ask for Chris.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
So is this like only invite, or anyone and its 323 145th street im guessing? If so, I'd usually say I'd bring the cube with a game and and card, but my cube is being so faulty... its reached close to the end of its life.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Yo smashfests are good and all but what’s up with some tournaments? The so-called best city in the world only had like one tournament this year, what’s with that!? We need some spark going on for December or something since it’s the holidays and most people are off from work and school. Is there anyone planning anything? Chris? Wes? Lord HDL?

No but seriously, who else would like one for this December. NYC needs to have fun too, you know.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Hey Chris, you left someone out of your list :chuckle:
Maybe not, but looks like I have been forgotten completely amidst the tornado of smashing going on. =(
Not good, jumping back into it with full force.
My phucking computer is out of business, literally.
AOL 9.0 + Windows XP + sundry abundance of trojans/spyware + only 128 ram = hard drive kicked the bucket.
I'm NOT about to take a break from smash, not again.
Yo Chris, you mean friday as in 10/22?!
Expect to hear from me sometime before that.
The calibur of opponents with the number of people to play, pshhh.
Kubuu, good matches at Wes' funtime nightrave >_>, should do it again..finally got to sit down and play you, even though all our 1v1s were basically minced (warmup-requirements, dead-sleepiness, s'why I lost to Wes =D). At least you know what i'm capable of.
Since my internet appearances will be scarce for a while, if anyone wants to reach me for some smashing(I wouldn't know why, i'm such a low-level smasher), then dial this number -------- 1-718-526-5332 and ask for Jenson.
Til' then, just means getting a job, saving up and getting a new computer.
Lay-turz smash world.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
I can always count on the library.
I'm not sure Jagger but i'm assuming you're the big guy so i'll look to do a Falco ditto with you.
Chances are i'll be there early, so warmups with Chris will be perfect.
Also from what iv'e found out it's basically going to be ALL of Friday.

malva00

Smash Master
Chris is housing Captain Jack and Isai(though I forgot to tell him about Captain Jack >___>).

Both of us are coming tomorrow so you can expect to see us at this smashfest.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
You can probably expect me there too, even though I won't be able to show up until 6ish. High school and all. If I do go though, I actually need to make a profit to compensate all my previous NYC trips... I'm poor and can't afford to keep doing it. x_x

malva00

Smash Master
Yo, do I take the 1 or the 9 to get to 323 Edgecomb Ave apt.15
New York, New York 10031?

Thanks.

Edit: IF YOU'RE COMING TO THE SMASHFEST BRING A CUBE AND SMASH. YOU'RE NOT WELCOMED OTHERWISE JUST KIDDING. BRING A CUBE AND SMASH GAME.

Jagger02

Smash Apprentice
yeah dire that's me. When I get there just walk up to me and ask for that ditto fight, i'll gladly beat u. lol jk
I'll be getting there around 5ish cuz I got school till 4. cya guys there.

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
It was pretty kool today. It was pretty kool meating Jack and Isea... and Isea's theory about earthquakes opening up the floor and eating his brothers and then closing back up like a mouth... lmao. DireVulcan got ****ted on by a pigeon... and you thought it was lotion... lmao.

Anyway I had some pretty good matches, and a few bad ones. Me and Joe vs Vulcan and Isea... that was wrong to so many levels. I had some good matches with Joe as well. Husband... it was kool to experience a marth like that first hand... that was pretty sweet... but mean as well:( . Loved every moment of it though. Dire... meh, I've faced you many a time before... you were basically like on steroids today... everything was a **** load faster. Ryoko Yaksa... I have never played a peach, and yet I enjoyed every moment of those matches. Everyone left and we had some matches on the Big TV and you kept winning and winning. Every match was practically you with 2 or 3 stocks, and my ganondorf didnt even stand any chance whatsoever. I did my best, and I was able to pull of a more than a decent win where I won with 2 stocks on your peach with my falco ^_^... then you four stocked me to finish off the matches in the end. It was all good :bee:

Today was pretty kool, and my snacks were being passed around and ****, lol. Sorry I had to take my cube back as well... but I had to go home... and thanks chris for having me over :cool:

I wonder when the next event is...

Benevolent Ninja

Smash Cadet
I hope this happens again. This was the ultimate smashfest...it's hard to believe some of the best players in the world were there to meet in a single place like that. Just amazing.

Merlin - OMG! You little cheeter! You owe me ONE DOLLAR!!! I beat you !!!

Ryoko - I though you would pwn me, but we are pretty much near the same level.

Chris - three stocked by Jiggs....ofcourse.

Wes - Let's just say I tried....

Vulcan - Left too early, and your friend who played as Fox owes me one dollar. Remind him to mail me that crap.

Bulb - :( left when I wanted a "one on one".

Joe - Nice Marth but it had no defense, I pwned it in teams. Sorry

Captain Jack - I had no idea you were gonna be that cool to sleep almost the whole time we were there, now how cool is that?!?! Atleast you woke up at the end and showed me the Bowser.

Bluchu - I've improved, haven't I?

End

:chuckle:

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Today Was fun and tough, i look foward to coming to another smashfest because this was my first. Yo Benelovent Ninja, I dont owe you a dollar, my friend Danny Does, IM the one the used Link, etc..... and Danny is the fox player that you bet that dollar on, ill tell him about that lol he got away with it.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's official. I cannot fight Samus for CRAP.

Yeah, the days events were pretty cool, even though I made no money to pay for my trip. x_x I was playing until about 6:30 in the morning... craziness. Captain Jack and Isai are scary good, and are all around cool people. I'll look forward to being thrashed by them again if they're around.

Good luck in the MLG Finals, mofos. :)

Dark Bulb 4.1

Smash Journeyman
Hey ninja... ... we all know who you are :p

So it isnt like I wont play you again soon... more like a Pre DS era... so meh. I'm wondering why nobody asked for a money match... I had some change on me I couldve lost, not anymore though :D

Benevolent Ninja

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by WarriorKnight
Today Was fun and tough, i look foward to coming to another smashfest because this was my first. Yo Benelovent Ninja, I dont owe you a dollar, my friend Danny Does, IM the one the used Link, etc..... and Danny is the fox player that you bet that dollar on, ill tell him about that lol he got away with it.

Yah...whenever you have I'll PM you my address and you just mail it. Or if these guys have another smashfest we meet there and you hand it over there. :)

BIG. G

Smash Apprentice
this **** was fun, got to play isai and jack crazy *** mother****ers lol..

Top Bottom