• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NY/NJ/PA Melee Power Rankings! UPDATED 6/4/14

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Knut should be like 10th he's tooo gooood.

Do you have a google docs of tourney results for this season, too?

Yessir, I actually forgot. I posted it now. Knut moved down not because of his performance, but how well everyone else did in comparison.

ItzBen

Smash Rookie
knut further behind ppl that he outplaced at RoM?! meh i left the group cuz it just seems like its whatever 1 or 2 ppl want lmao. I dont agree wit most of this list ONLY because you dont follow your own criteria

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
knut further behind ppl that he outplaced at RoM?! meh i left the group cuz it just seems like its whatever 1 or 2 ppl want lmao. I dont agree wit most of this list ONLY because you dont follow your own criteria

What criteria don't we follow? And also, Knut placed really well at that tournament, yes, but others not as high. He also didn't beat many notable players like the others above him. But please let me know some mistakes.

JKJ

Smash Ace
Well I'm probably 30s

So that's something.

I'm moving up in the smash world fast; I've been playing a bunch and owning a lot of people. I'm coming for everyone on this list. You better watch your backs.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
So I'm doing some more research, and I found this online:

"The most frequently referenced tri-state area is that associated with the New York metropolitan area, which covers parts of the states of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut."

Is this the same terms we follow? Or do we consider something else? Let me know, I have to make the change if that is the case.

Max?

Smash Champion
Wow this list continues to be ********. I would give my two cents on the whole thing, but who really gives a ****? See you guys at a tournament in like 6 months.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Wow this list continues to be ********. I would give my two cents on the whole thing, but who really gives a ****? See you guys at a tournament in like 6 months.

You know what is also the best part? How you criticize it, don't give a ****, then leave it alone and expect it to get better. At least there is a team attempting to improve the community, while you just point fingers and say "fraud". Clearly you have the higher voice in this and with the attitude, I should definitely acknowledge you're 2 cents :).

Knut

Smash Apprentice
well, i'm finally working on my sobriety again, and i got my fire back.. so i don't plan to move down on this list again.

JKJ

Smash Ace
well, i'm finally working on my sobriety again, and i got my fire back.. so i don't plan to move down on this list again.
Sober Knut is a scary thing

Also Knut with fire is a scary thing

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
Thanks for the update, guys. Btw, I only see Animal mentioned in 2 tournaments in your list. Was there a 3rd tournament that he entered in during this period?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Mafia ur address is still in new England so that's where u should be ranked...what's the difference between me living in NY and going to the majority of new england tourneys and always placing top 5 but not being included in the PR and u being on NY nj power ranking by going to the majority of our tourneys placing top 5. Only difference is u go to skool in nj. So in the summer do u go back to the new england PR and in skool u go to NY nj? If that's the case I should be on the new England PR and NY nj PR. If we based it off of placings. Plus I always place top 5 somehow so I think I deserve my spot ppl. I need to get top 3 tho. On a side note if mafia was actually nj I would definitely put him on the list he is very very good.
Twebb, there is no New England PR.

Codi

Smash Ace
Thanks for the update, guys. Btw, I only see Animal mentioned in 2 tournaments in your list. Was there a 3rd tournament that he entered in during this period?

The third tournament wasn't posted on smashboards however he went to a local tournament on LI and won it which i can 100% vouch for him and if there is more needed proof then my word then i can just bring the TO of that tournament onto this site or you can find him on facebook. He can confirm either way

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
I would never do that lol. Btw I've sometimes been a financial backer and driver for Mafia, so in a way, some of his success is due in part to my skills. I'm not sure if you panelists were aware, but yep, just wanted to nonchalantly mention that. *whistles innocently*

LLDL

Smash Hero
Based on the tournaments he's gone to in this list and the direct head to heads with g$ and others on the PR, Cactuar should be # 7, at most :p

JKJ

Smash Ace
Animal went to a local, I was there, i got 3rd. It was a poorly attended Battlegrounds local
He won

I totally vouch for him

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Based on the tournaments he's gone to in this list and the direct head to heads with g$ and others on the PR, Cactuar should be # 7, at most :p

What are the other head to heads? I probably shouldn't even be listed, I barely make the attendance cut.

By the way, for the panelists making these: consider doing a summary for each person explaining why you, as a group, think that the player at each position deserves that position. It makes it more personal.

Example:

1. Mew2King (+0)
  • Has been long dominant in not only the Tri-State area, but the National/International scene as well. His position is backed by a history of top placings at national events:
    1. Event 1 - Placing
    2. Event 2 - Placing
    3. Event 3 - Placing
    4. etc
  • Head to Head record for this PR period:
    1. vs Hax | 8 - 2 |
    2. vs DJ Nintendo | x - 0 |
    3. etc
It might take a while, but it gives you, as panelists, and the reader an opportunity to get more familiar with the player, beyond just being a name on a list. It'd be easy to view this as a chore, but really, it is a valuable use of time and helps develop the tri-state scene, giving a lot more insight than simply +1, +2, -1, -2.

LLDL

Smash Hero
sah Skill wise it seems fine to list you where you are, but joking because that the list can't be right because others have some really insignificant wins or attendance that isn't relevant and are over the other members of the PR.

And that summary would be ideal.

R3N0

Smash Lord
I would never do that lol. Btw I've sometimes been a financial backer and driver for Mafia, so in a way, some of his success is due in part to my skills. I'm not sure if you panelists were aware, but yep, just wanted to nonchalantly mention that. *whistles innocently*
This is my favorite. Zang you funny girl.

Also I removed myself from this panel.

1. I'm sorry theres just too much work.
2. I'm salty.
3. I deserve to be like 20th until I can get my act together.
4. But I'll never admit that when I make a list ;)

Swedish Delight

Smash Cadet
Where is MGFC Qerb on the list? I heard he beat Swedish Delight who was ranked fourth on the last list. And he plays game and watch so he should automatically be top 10 anyway.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Where is MGFC Qerb on the list? I heard he beat Swedish Delight who was ranked fourth on the last list. And he plays game and watch so he should automatically be top 10 anyway.

He probably will be, next list ;) Just make sure he goes to more tournaments. DON'T WORRY, I DONT SLEEP ON QERB

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
u have to be incredibly short-sighted to reward activity over skill and be like "ZOMG U HAVENT SHOWN UP TO A TOURNAMENT (even though we know ur hella good)" and not rank someone cuz of that

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
u have to be incredibly short-sighted to reward activity over skill and be like "ZOMG U HAVENT SHOWN UP TO A TOURNAMENT (even though we know ur hella good)" and not rank someone cuz of that
I understand what your saying, but the PR gives HUGEEEEE leeway. We refresh it every 3 months. In the 12 weekends you have, all you have to do is attend 2 tournaments. 2. The problem that comes if they don't attend, is that it becomes a problem to compare people to the skill of people who were active. A whole 3 months without 2 tournaments is kind of nuts considering you are a good player. It's not like if you go to every tournament, your going to be ranked. If you're on the list already, you only have to attend 2 tournaments, not even place that well, and you will only be dropped a few ranks (since others will probably rise). Should we put HBK on the list even though he doesn't attend tournaments?

phish-it

Smash Champion
Power Rankings> Life.

There has to be some guidelines to abide by in terms of a person's activity. Look at someone like PC Chris for example, who is still good enough to be placed on the rankings, except for the fact that he hasn't entered a tournament in maybe 1.5 years so how can you compare to people on the list that are active?

Last edited:

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
u call that huge leeway? there's this thing called life
Attend 2 tournaments out of 12 weekends? That is huge leeway dude, you will not find any other power ranking that says like, 1 tournament LOOOOOOL. If you aren't playing 2 tournaments in 3 months, then I don't know what to tell you. PLUS if you are sad that you aren't ranked, there is another period you can be ranked in the NEXT 3 months. Life could interfere, thats cool, just wait for next time.

Top Bottom