• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL NJ-Central SUNDAY BI-WEEKLIES - Central NJ, 4/20

CuLo

Smash Cadet
Um.. The Tournament HAS been moved to Sunday awhile ago. Please note this. And also..

As for the NY vs NJ thing... I played a lot of you new yorkers at an MLG Melee event two to three years ago.. I breezed through a whole lot of you, placing at 6th, and I've battled my share of awesome NJ brawlers that beat me several times.. so I'm pretty confident in saying that we here @ NJ would give you more than a challenge.

Make it official.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
lol.. woooot. Brawl Friday in nyc, Brawl sat at RU, Brawl Sun at this place.... BRAWL BRAWL BRAWL! bleh.. I really have nothing better to do =(

CuLo

Smash Cadet
my apologies to those who prefer a legitimate place to host a tournament. this first bi-weekly will be held at my house so I could get a feel for organizing these things. the next bi-weekly will be held at an actual venue for that air of professionalism. thanks again.

Updated attendance: 26 contestants thus far.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Whoever said "lets see who has more attendance, Tunes Melee or this Brawl" is thinking dumb. Tunes has a bunch of advertisement especially on smashboards while this probably has a little less than RU.

And as someone else said NY had over 100 people for Brawl. Got ****ing FC's going on at NY weeklies goddammit!!

CuLo

Smash Cadet
Whoever said "lets see who has more attendance, Tunes Melee or this Brawl" is thinking dumb. Tunes has a bunch of advertisement especially on smashboards while this probably has a little less than RU.

And as someone else said NY had over 100 people for Brawl. Got ****ing FC's going on at NY weeklies goddammit!!
I'm not trying to out-do the tunes or anything. I'm just trying to establish a weekly event for the brawlers in central jersey that don't feel like driving an hour to an hour and a half down south or up north just to get their competitive fix.

I've already got 26 people going, hopefully they bring more with them.
I'm trying to make all the food and drinks free without using money from the entrance fees.

if this goes nicely, you can bet I'll turn this into a weekly thing at a better venue around this area

PRiDE

Smash Lord
NJ has a weekly though. Every Friday at Rutgers, which is still considered centralish...

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer

I was more inquiring to see what people on the fence of melee and brawl will choose.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Good or bad, I don't think any major fighting game sequel has changed as much as the change from melee to brawl.

sorry had to correct you there

Double impact to 3rd strike is up there and is very different --- DI was faster and had a lot more combos but 3s is still around.

Also have to add in Alpha 2 - alpha 3 --- that is an example of how bad it can be

sorry for butting in.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Melee
is
nowhere

NEARRRRRRRRRR

IT'S
****ING
LIMITS

we're at like 20% of it's ability right now I'd say

don't say it's near the limits, cuz we can all get TONSSSSSSSSSS better if BRAWL DIDN'T COME OUT TO RUIN IT. I don't mind brawl I mind it taking priority, and Brawl's release permanently made me stop caring about Melee cuz it's no fun to be in a smaller community when I could be in a larger one. I will play both, but I'll focus on Brawl, because more people are focusing on Brawl. I don't like having to, but the way I see it I have to, but the POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE IS THAT MELEE IS NOWHERE NEAR IT'S LIMITS AT ALL. If I had 1-2 more years, or rather if I started when Ken did, you would all take me more seriously cuz I'd show you all the absurd stuff possible.

If I still cared, or if Brawl wasn't coming out for me to actually continue to care, I would DEFINITELY be finding **** that if I hit you once your stock was GONE. I do that to Foxes in friendlies, I just choke in big tourney matches and always mess what I'm trying to do up, but I know what this game is capable of, and what you have all seen is not even the icing of the beautiful cake that is Melee of what is possible because of it's extreme depth and perfect engine.

edit - bum wtf @ punching ppl come on you know better than that kind of logic >__>. Most people say their true feelings online because they are scared of unfair bull**** like violence to happen in person just for being honest about something, so using reasoning like you wouldn't say that if I was in front of you isn't fair at all, the only fair way to settle things is to provide better arguments, making sure to be honest in them.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
I can't help but say a very large part of me feels the same way, m2king. Not to sound like a complete jerk to the people who play brawl lol, but uhh...brawl screwed everything. >_>; *leaves atlantic north place*

BUM163

Smash Lord
word lightdream is right, look at street fighter 3rd strike compare to alpha 3 or double impact to third strike. look at gulity gear x2 reloaded to guilty gear accent core. games alwayz switch up and usually the newer version wins. ya people stick only to smash and don't really know how tournament games go. melee i'm pretty sure has alot more 2 go, but we had 6 years plus to do that. me sayin that doesn't mean melee is done cause there are still sf 2 tournaments, so good classic really don't die, just calm down a bit.

nyc weeklys are on friday still further notice. anyone willing to come contact me on aim/oni163 or pm me here. thx and take care

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I would also like to add that people said I would NEVER be good, just shows how much what people say means >_>. ABSOLUTELY N-O-T-H-I-N-G

you know yourself better than anyone else, what you think is ALL that matters in your determination to do things and confidence to say things you do

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
On a Side note M2K i really would like to fight your D3 and Marth. If you could go on AIM sometime I'd appreciate it. I know you're not a fan of wifi, but we're both in NJ I don't think the conn will be too bad.

You ever going to go to BUM's weeklies?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
my wifi doesn't work, some IP stuff or something.

also, i have DSL so it's really bad, and I already suck under lag, so I just tell people I don't wifi cuz I hate it so much and like never do it.

just play me in person.

I have college class every friday night, to go to bum biweekly id have to skip one or something or wait till summer to do it.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Norfair, PS2, and Jungle Japes need banning.

Picto chat doesn't.

Also, grats on the best of 11 mlg style. I've been wanting to do that, although, brawl takes forever, and you should make it best of 7 or 9 instead. I'll probably be there

CuLo

Smash Cadet
Norfair, PS2, and Jungle Japes need banning.

Picto chat doesn't.

Also, grats on the best of 11 mlg style. I've been wanting to do that, although, brawl takes forever, and you should make it best of 7 or 9 instead. I'll probably be there
Thanks for the suggestions, the changes will be in effect at the event tomorrow.

It would be quite an honor to have you here, I see you've won a series of tourneys already.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i wanna go to a melee or even brawl tourny around somerville, NJ. anyone know of any? pm plox

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'll be able to be there for a lil bit. Gotta go around 6 though but I'll prolly enter the tourney till I have to leave. Girls, just wanna have fuuuuun and Keitaro, just wants to haaaaave fuuuunn!!

dmbrandon

Smash Master
The tourn host took from the pot, without noting before we got there.

He said he took 20 percent, but when I did the math, it seemed to be much more. Tried to justify it with food, and drinks, but myself, nor anyone I asked was offered said outright. I don't mind, at all, if people take from the pot, so long as it's advertised.

This makes me mad, considering I helped run the tourn in the beginning, and velocity wound up running it after round 2 since the host messed up royally by leaving 3 people out.

2/5.

It went quickly, and thanks to me/velocity, the tourn continued at a regular pace. The host was a nice person, albeit one girl that was at the house was mocking the players. Needless to explain to those there why rebuttal was NOT necessary.

gg to all I played.

yehs- you're getting too good at reading. You don't need fancy tricks to kill people, you just read and punish. Solid as Snake has ever been.
Velocity- ahh, ****ing cornaria. ub kills?
m2k- noooo johns! XD
Culo- ggs. You have to practice the ditto.
PRiDE- It's funny how you were beating yehs' snake all morn, then he takes 3rd with it. Pick up meta, shame or not.
Keitaro- You do not have to be in every conversation! /POSES!

sorry if I didn't mention you, it's late.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
oh yeah forgot shoutouts...

CuLo- not bad for first tourney :) just be sure to double check everything first.
keitaro - work on ur sonic man :p
Pride- wolf <3's yoshi...sry to make yoshi retire :(
M2K- rawr gordo johns (gg tho lol)
Brandon- boooo metaknight xD and i'll never know what state you were thinking of :(
Velocity- god**** those were good matches. next time no hanenbow tho ;)

Velocity

Smash Lord
dMbRond-an: all my moves are kill moves and whatever i havent kill you with i will.
yes: nair dammit
chibo: haha i beat you on luigis mansion
culo: didnt get to fight you next time though , and im looking forward to more tourneys / TEAMS
also your sisters cute -_-
keitaro: **** u placed worst then last for going
gg everone

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
iv got the results il get em up tomorrow. im not doing shoutoutz yet as i just had to do em for CT so i dont feel like it yet lol

edit: partial results

1. m2k
2. velocity
3. yehs
4. dm
5. chibo
5. culo

Top Bottom