• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Nintendo Pre-Release Tournaments

VaJJ

Smash Rookie
Hoh hoh! Are you the guys with the rubixxx cube in the line? And is your friend Jason the guy who was wearing the white sweater? There was a really tall dude there too, but I didn't catch his name... I think I might have met you/your friends there, and got kicked from the tourney by Jason (if he's the person who I think he is).
If you were the guy with the Berkeley umbrella then I think I did play you. How did those other two guys that were with you do in the tourney?

HowaitoKumaSan

Smash Apprentice
Wow, you made it to top 8? I did too, but I didn't know you were there! I was the Kirby player. And I agree the Classic Controllers weren't as bad as people make them out to be once you get used to them.

All in all I had a lot of fun at this event. ^__^
I'm pretty sure I played against you. At least I think I did. I was the D3 player the entire night.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
If you were the guy with the Berkeley umbrella then I think I did play you. How did those other two guys that were with you do in the tourney?
He beat me is what he did!...ONE MORE SECOND AND I WOULD'VE WON!!! BLARG!

Radikal

Smash Rookie
Hahah, yeah man, that's me. One of my buddies made it up to round 4 but lost to the lucas player. The other guy didn't make it past round 2.

****ing awesome job on taking the tournament. Now I don't feel bad for losing! Good **** man. Good ****ing ****.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Hahah, yeah man, that's me. One of my buddies made it up to round 4 but lost to the lucas player. The other guy didn't make it past round 2.

****ing awesome job on taking the tournament. Now I don't feel bad for losing! Good **** man. Good ****ing ****.
Make sure you contact me or "the reQuest" when Brawl comes out so we can play online.

DJcream

Smash Rookie
Congrats Jay. Now you owe me an interview for my journalism projects.

PS: I can't believe I actually signed up on Smashboards.

the reQuest

Smash Rookie
Congrats Jay. Now you owe me an interview for my journalism projects.

PS: I can't believe I actually signed up on Smashboards.
Oh shi... It's the world's best Brawl Zelda player finally on smashboards, lol.

Anyways, Boston tournament discussion officially starts... now.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I was the 6'4" guy with the UCLA shirt / frat sweatshirt. Name's Xander. Nice to have met you and your brother.
Wait, we met? Lol. Actually if you introduced yourself as Xander and not Kokichi I probably wouldn't have recognized you - smash handles are a lot easier to remember (there were about 10 people named Chris there). Nice to have met you. :)

I'm pretty sure I played against you. At least I think I did. I was the D3 player the entire night.
If you were the one who said into the microphone that your strategy is to "throw minions" then you probably did play against me. I thought that was funny when you said that. Go my minions! Do my dirty work for me!

VaJJ

Smash Rookie
I would hate to enter the New York regionals. The finals are right after that tournament and the winner would be really exhausted from waiting in line all morning while the previous regional winners would have lots of rest.

As for those of you who are entering the tourney in Boston, good luck to you all! I'll be seeing one of you in the finals in New York

HowaitoKumaSan

Smash Apprentice
If you were the one who said into the microphone that your strategy is to "throw minions" then you probably did play against me. I thought that was funny when you said that. Go my minions! Do my dirty work for me!
Oh yeah, that was me, alright. =D

I have to say, I didn't even know that I had played against you until one of my friends looked completely shocked after I won.

"Dude, do you know who you just beat!?"
"Um...no?"
"That was T!MMY, man!!"
".....=O"

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
ok... so if i was 2 win 2nd or 3rd place... what prize would i win... a 10$ gift certificate from Best buy and something else... or that's just it...

VaJJ

Smash Rookie
ok... so if i was 2 win 2nd or 3rd place... what prize would i win... a 10$ gift certificate from Best buy and something else... or that's just it...
1st $500 Best Buy gift card and a trip to New York to play in the finals.
2nd: $250 Best Buy gift card.
3rd: $100 Best Buy gift card.
4th: $50 Best Buy gift card.

Everyone gets a $10 Best Buy gift card for participating in the tournament whether you place in top 4 or not.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
If i can get it done by that time...
I think we'll be able to get it done. Did you get the hardrive?

About the ID...

All I have is a school ID which has my birthday and picture. It doesn't even have the name of the state I live in. Do any of you who went think it will be sufficient?
Ya, if it has your name and the date of birth, you're good.

VaJJ

Smash Rookie
Haha that was a good match. I think I remember watching yours because I remember laughing at those times when you taunted the Ike with D3's crouch.

Does anyone have any info on the L.A. regional winner? All I know is that he used a Kirby against an Ike which he played pretty well with.

TheTruth07

Smash Rookie
bumping an old thread yes, but does anyone have anymore vids of the boston tournament? The final is on destructoid for those who have yet to see it, but I was just wondering if any other vids of KDJ playing brawl are out there.

From the looks of the finals, that guy is pretty **** good.

And before you ask, yes, yes it is me, and I found my old password.

Top Bottom