• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official New York Smash Finder (Please look at first Page)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hello, and welcome to the New York Finder. Where we update with smashers from Upstate New York to New York City!

If would like to be added, post by filling this out.

Name:
City/Borough: (Borough is for the people living in NYC)
AIM/YIM/MSN:
Brawl:
Melee: (If you still play it)
Others: (Anything you feel should be important. Like school, Director of a Tourtument, etc.)

If you don't post in this format, I won't add you. simple as that.

In this thread, you'll find:

- Smash players info (duh)
- Upcoming or current Smashfests, Tourtuments, Weeklies of any kind in the New York State
- Advertisement of other Smash Tournaments

So if you wanna add links to a tourtument, want to be added, etc, post and I'll update it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

On this area is all the current Smash Tourtuments going on. Keep in mind that this is only the New York Area I'm listing.

Smashfests

Weeklies/Biweeklies/Monthlies​

NYC Montlies
Bum's 'Weeklies'

Tornaments​

Bestemp

Smash Rookie
NNID
aWildChocobro
Name: Bestemp (Rahim S.)
Upstate-Montgomery,NY
AIM- bestemp16
Characters: Everyone, but mostly Shiek, Ness, Pikachu, and Falco

R3N0

Smash Lord
Reno/God Tier
Area: Hempstead (Hofstra University) - Sheik / Fox. :: Aim: RenoNYC

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Reno/God Tier
Area: Hempstead (Hofstra University) - Sheik / Fox. :: Aim: RenoNYC
Already got you up there.

EDIT: Oh crap, no I don't sorry! ^^;;

NOW you're up there. XD

Another NY Finder. Everyone has failed before you.

:ohwell:

Good luck
I saw. That's because they mysteriously dissipeared. Don't worry though, I'll make sure I don't do the same thing.

Soanevalck

Smash Ace
...why am I in the NYC section? i should only be in the upstate section, and also, I do not use every char ;p

and some advice on making the smash finder easier to search, first, have all the info on one person in a single line, and don't put spaces between players, it's much easier to skim through the list when everything is next to each other

also, if you're willing to, try making the list alphabetical by City, so that people don't have to search the whole list to find someone in a city near them

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
...why am I in the NYC section? i should only be in the upstate section, and also, I do not use every char ;p

and some advice on making the smash finder easier to search, first, have all the info on one person in a single line, and don't put spaces between players, it's much easier to skim through the list when everything is next to each other

also, if you're willing to, try making the list alphabetical by City, so that people don't have to search the whole list to find someone in a city near them
Actually, you was in two places. NYC and upstate. Don't worry, I've fixed it. Also, I've put every character because in the other post you said two characters and everyone else. If you don't use every other character, i'll fix that as well.

I thought i put the spaces just to make it more neater, but I'll take your advice.

I didn't put them in ABC order, but i did fix it by cities for now. I'll fix it later in alphabetical order by city later on in the day.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
This thread is startin' to disappear.....

:ohwell:
It's alright. The fact that I've did the time to put every updated new york member on the list is satisfying enough. Besides, some new contact should be posted in a week minimum.

As long as I'm doing my job, I'll be alright.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I would like to put my name up here. I'm from Brooklyn,NY. I use Marth, Roy, Link and Sheik. All my screennames are in my profile.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
NinjaLink - Alright, you're up there on the list

Pikapika - Sorry about that. ^^;; I've fixed it though. thanks for telling me

Abulize

Smash Journeyman
Name: Abulize
Area: Rochester :: (AIM) Abulize :: Falco/Fox/IC/Marth

I go to college at R.I.T. but my home is on Long Island so I go home for breaks. Hope to smash some of you people soon.

Edit - ^^ I know PikaPika! ^^

phish-it

Smash Champion
Whats the point of having more than one of these? The old one was alot more organized and easy to read.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Thank you good sir
No problem ^^

Name: Abulize
Area: Rochester :: (AIM) Abulize :: Falco/Fox/IC/Marth

I go to college at R.I.T. but my home is on Long Island so I go home for breaks. Hope to smash some of you people soon.
Alright, you're up there on the contact.

Whats the point of having more than one of these? The old one was alot more organized and easy to read.
Give me a break. This is the first time I've done this. I'm not only doing this to be a active role when more people wants to be on the contact, but I just want to help other people. I'm sorry if this is like the 3rd one of these. If it's harder to read, please let me know and I'll make the neccessary changes.

I've just deleted all the contacts that was from the Unknown sector to help the confusion. Not to mention those people didn't contacted me to move them as I thought.

sonicPearltsl25

Smash Journeyman
i dont see any problems but it would be nice if you spaced it more like this
Name:
Area:

Name:
Area:

and maybe even under line it like
Name:
Area:

also maybe you could put a model up top like

"ok so just write your smash name, where your from, main characters, and some contact information"
then maybe fill it out your self as a model

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
i dont see any problems but it would be nice if you spaced it more like this
Name:
Area:

Name:
Area:

and maybe even under line it like
Name:
Area:

also maybe you could put a model up top like

"ok so just write your smash name, where your from, main characters, and some contact information"
then maybe fill it out your self as a model

Actually, I did space it out at first, but one person said they had either little trouble or found it confusing, so i smushed it up like this. I might just underline or bold out the names though. I'm waiting on opinions from the others.

sonicPearltsl25

Smash Journeyman
no i got a better idea....just indent Area

Name:
Area:
Name:
Area:

edit: wtf i cant figure out how to indent....but you understand
....should look nice

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Why was I put in the Weststate category? I'm in Westchester, which is just north of the Bronx...
Like i said, I lack location knolege. That's why I said in the thread to put the info of where you belong. for example

Name: Rockin
Area: Bronx (New York)
Character: Peach

See what I mean? I'll fix it right now.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay eturnal, You're up.

I've updated the list in a new fashion. I took Soan's advice, so I hope you enjoy

Dem0n

Smash Apprentice
umm, i think it would only be right to add the last member of dpc in there. just stick em right under me or zeno (crazy fingers)

Name: Hi-Yo
Area: Deer Park Ave :: (AIM) jjoker6000 :: C. Falcon

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Sure!.... but just a quarter?
Yeah. I'm a college student with no job. And plus, I'm crappy enough so that I'd probably lose. Better to cut my losses with just a quarter.

Ace, I'll make it a point to try and head over to your place once finals are done. Maybe in early January or something.

fray

Smash Rookie
Long Island :: buttoNs :: Bayport :: (AIM) frayzak51 :: Characters: Samus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom