• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
I have a request, if you can. Can you make a GG logo except with a G from the blue Game! sign instead of the Go sign? Just "GG" in that font and without the exclamation mark?

Here's a post with the logos since I think the old links are dead http://smashboards.com/threads/official-melee-texture-hack-thread.361190/page-70#post-20791229
Here ya go.

Name: Blue GG in Game! font
Made by: Skin (Credit to Siro for textures)
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jidzb8sr46o84i8

Ken North

Smash Rookie
I have two questions! If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone happen to have Siro's Blue Ready, Go and Game! that they could upload or replicate/re-upload? His links are no longer working. :c Second question is will this still work in 20XX 4.04 Beta on a Nintendo Wii? I tried using the one by antvibe8 and replaced the necessary .usd file however it doesn't seem to have changed so I'm not sure if the file has been renamed to something else 20XX uses as opposed to vanilla melee... Below is an image as to what I am referring to. Thanks!
you can add this stage is cool!

stonerocks

Smash Rookie
I have a request, can somebody make a Default Fox skin, where he has Peco's light blue shirt with the star on his front shirt and the same star on the back of his jacket, and other than that regular default fox. Thanks

budicetv

Smash Rookie
Has anyone uploaded new designs for the health stock faces? the ones in-game above the damge %.
I've been searching and can't find any thx.

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292

SSBM_Dan

Smash Rookie

AlexIsStarving

Smash Apprentice
Nailed what I couldn't do due to poor time planning and real life priorities. Good stuff on making this one. It came out really good!
Thanks! I wanted to do something that's somewhat simple, but still held its own against the other LCS skins. I say somewhat simple but I think I spent a few hours on it lol. I didn't know you made one, I'm gonna check it out c:

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
Regarding the skin I posted above:

It has the faces of Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sander, Ted Cruz, Donald Trump and Barack Obama. My idea was to make the candidates fit the transformations.

Fire = Bernie because #FeeltheBern.
Rock = Trump because of the wall.
Water = Ted Cruz because of "cruise", and the water theme.
Grass = Hillary Clinton because it sort of has hills, and her name is HILLary Clinton (kinda far fetched I know :p).

And lastly, Obama shows up when it transforms back the regular transformation :)

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Veggies Veggies

The "blue" Captron Falcon listed under Falcon's blue costume alts isn't actually blue; it's built over his neutral costume.

Same filesize, and the texture offsets are actually the same too, so the files are barely different. Haven't tested to see if the differences are enough to cause any problems.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Friendly reminder for everyone to not forget about editing the color structs of a texture, if you feel it is applicable.

An extreme example with AlexIsStarving's C9 puff:

Capture.PNG

Download
This was accomplished by changing a bunch of the color struct hex values from 0xB3B3B3FF to 0x008080FF [teal].
(After noticing many of Puff's skin color structs being identical, I just did a "replace all".)

Capture2.PNG

As YvngFlameHow stated, nice work on the textures everybody.

Shoutouts to DRGN as always for DTW.

A little more info about the color structure.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Friendly reminder for everyone to not forget about editing the color structs of a texture, if you feel it is applicable.

An extreme example with AlexIsStarving's C9 puff:

View attachment 96397
Download
This was accomplished by changing a bunch of the color struct hex values from 0xB3B3B3FF to 0x008080FF [teal].
(After noticing many of Puff's skin color structs being identical, I just did a "replace all".)

View attachment 96398

As YvngFlameHow stated, nice work on the textures everybody.

Shoutouts to DRGN as always for DTW.

A little more info about the color structure.
Hey, you downloaded from Google Drive!

Anyway, did you manually resize that window, which hid the scrollbar and other texture structure properties? Because if not, I'm seeing a huge bug in your screenshot.

And on this subject, I'm really surprised no one has requested that the Material or Color structs be directly editable in DTW. And probably many don't realize the Texture Struct is editable in it now (assuming the screenshot thing is fine). The next version will have a small note that points out that the tree button is a thing (plus many other goodies of course).

Edit: Oh! And I have a question related to this. How does editing the color struct compare to editing a stage's light color? Besides the practical differences of applying the change to all of the characters (and the stage itself?) in the case of modifying the stage light vs. modifying a single character or structure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom