• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
You're cursed with computer problems :/
Yep. Im going to try installing windows to a different hard drive first and then getting my files off of my SSD. If that doesnt work its bye bye textures. At least a few of my early work skins (graphic fox etc.) are safe due to mega sync

EDIT: im currently in the process of formatting my extra hard drive and in 30 minutes it has made it to 30 percent (had like 2 backups on there but its all ive got left i can work with) hopefully this works and i dont lose my data or else im gonna have to say **** it and wipe my SSD clean.

Last edited:

RushSSBM

Smash Cadet
I have two questions! If anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone happen to have Siro's Blue Ready, Go and Game! that they could upload or replicate/re-upload? His links are no longer working. :c Second question is will this still work in 20XX 4.04 Beta on a Nintendo Wii? I tried using the one by antvibe8 and replaced the necessary .usd file however it doesn't seem to have changed so I'm not sure if the file has been renamed to something else 20XX uses as opposed to vanilla melee... Below is an image as to what I am referring to. Thanks!
Here http://www.filedropper.com/ifall idk if people use this site but it works
this has blue ready, go, and game logos

I just checked on DTW and there's 2 IfAll.usd (English) for 4.0 beta04, so either try replacing both of them, or you can even replace the images individually if nothing else works

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Well its official. My texture work is gone for the texture pack and for the borderlands skin pack. It would have been fine but the problem ended up being a little more detailed so I have to wipe my SSD clean. RIP all that work
Just start over :smirk:

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
Just start over :smirk:
Dont have to. Luckily i was able to reinstall into a different harddrive so i can just go into the windows old folder and get my **** back. Makes me SUPER ****in happy but i do have to reinstall an assload of stuff.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Dont have to. Luckily i was able to reinstall into a different harddrive so i can just go into the windows old folder and get my **** back. Makes me SUPER ****in happy but i do have to reinstall an assload of stuff.
Nice!! Can't wait, I really like the falco one

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
It will be a few days before i get back started. I need to reorganize everything and get all my games back before i worry about it. But i will resume the project Kreygasm

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
As it turns out, RIP all that work.
Here's what happened
TLDR Windows ****ed me twice in one week

Long version
My os used to be on dual ssd running in raid to make them act as one single drive until i had previous problem.
So when i reinstalled i had to use a different hard drive. After updating the hell out of my computer and doing a couple things my computer needed to restart for my gpu to be read properly so im not at a bad resolution.
Well when it restarted it did a disk check to check for consistency.
When it did that it decided "hey lets just change some values that are important that he cant change back" and now my dual ssd are corrupt and i cant acess them to get the rest of the files. The only thing i managed to get back were a few previous versions of dolphin and some unrelated mods for different stuff. So yeah I will have to start over. Im going to put the borderlands pack on hiatus while i restart and finish the Netplay texture pack.

P.S. **** windows 10 and **** you bill gates. [spoiler/]

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Here http://www.filedropper.com/ifall idk if people use this site but it works
this has blue ready, go, and game logos

I just checked on DTW and there's 2 IfAll.usd (English) for 4.0 beta04, so either try replacing both of them, or you can even replace the images individually if nothing else works
Thanks a ton Rush! ^^ I'll give it a shot once I get home. I remember seeing two "IfAl.usd" and only a single IfAll.usd when I looked at the files. Once I double check I'll post again if I have trouble getting it to work.

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
maybe you should look into cloud storage my friend
im gonna be using it now but i was able to get into my files until windows did a disk check that corrupted my SSD. But i have to start over now anyway. Instead of cloud storage im going to use my megasync account so everything i put in the folder gets uploaded automatically.

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
The borderlands skin pack is still gonna be delayed for awhile [Especially now] as im gonna put my time into getting the netplay pack done.

But the one question i have is what would you like to see out of this pack? I'm making it with the community in mind but i need to know what the community wants.

Edit: I want to put some of the skins from here in it as well but that's later down the line. I will be giving credit towards the skins original owners.

Last edited:

Malpalooza

Smash Rookie
NNID
Malpalooza
So I kinda went crazy and made a bunch of cursors for the SSS. Again. Actually, I made most of these a few weeks ago, but never got around to uploading them.

View attachment 89032

Name: Stage Select Screen Cursor Pack 2 (25 total!)
Made By: DRGN
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9j86mmziqri22c/DRGN's_SSS_Cursor_Pack_2.zip

Pretty much all are custom made, besides like the basic shine shape and Amber Radials. The NERV Reticle I made from looking at a reticle I saw in Evangelion. Many of the others are inspired by GITS & Iron Man UIs.

The texture to change is at 0xDEC0 in MnSlMap (both .usd & .dat)

All of these have a texture type that's different than the original texture in order to support color. If you're using DTW, you don't really need to worry about it (DTW will automatically change the texture type in the image data header for you if the texture type is in the file name, which it is for these). But if you're doing things manually, you'll need to modify this texture's image data header in the MnSlMap file (or change the texture type back to _1 in the file name, the default, but you'll lose color if the texture has any). To change the header manually, you just need to go to one specific byte in MnSlMap:

If you're using MnSlMap.usd, it's at offset is 0x6EDB3.
If you're using MnSlMap.dat, it's at offset is 0x792B3.
(^ These are for 1.02, but I'm guessing it's the same for the other game versions.)

There, you'll find "01" (which is the original texture's type), change this to "0e".

Also included in the download is the GIMP project files, in case you want to tweak one of these to your liking.

Enjoy!
wait what program do i need to add these in? DTW? I haven't gotten to textures yet could you tell me what that is?

DRGN

Technowizard
wait what program do i need to add these in? DTW? I haven't gotten to textures yet could you tell me what that is?
Yeah, DTW is DAT Texture Wizard, which you can find here. A lot of stuff in the post about the cursors is there in case you're doing things "manually", without DTW. Once you get the program and start opening files in it, it should be pretty self explanatory. But if you have any questions you can still post them in that other thread.

Last edited:

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
So in the near future would anyone here be willing to beta test my netplay texture pack for me? I want to test it on varied hardware to make sure it doesnt desync for people.

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Posting an update on how I got the Blue Ready? Go! and GAME! image for 20XX 4.04 Beta to work in case any other user wants to know. I got it to work by making three copies of the Blue Ready? Go! and GAME! "IfAll.usd". I then renamed two of the files to "IfAl0" and "IfAl1". They should automatically stay in .usd format so you don't have to worry about that. Then all you do is replace the files of the same name located within your 20XX 4.04 Beta ISO and bam! It should work. :)

Last edited:

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
Will there be any updates to the links for stages/skins on page 1? I see some skins and stages that have been shown in recent pages that haven't been put on the page 1 listings. There are also some dead links like Siro's Tentacle Grape Pokemon Stadiums and Siro's Blue Ready? Go! Game! The Blue Ready? Go! Game! has been re-uploaded by another user thankfully so that link could be replaced properly.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Will there be any updates to the links for stages/skins on page 1? I see some skins and stages that have been shown in recent pages that haven't been put on the page 1 listings. There are also some dead links like Siro's Tentacle Grape Pokemon Stadiums and Siro's Blue Ready? Go! Game! The Blue Ready? Go! Game! has been re-uploaded by another user thankfully so that link could be replaced properly.
The links for Siro's content has been re-uploaded by Siro somewhere earlier in the thread. The thread is still being updated, I just do not do it very often.

DRGN

Technowizard
Wow. we've both been working on a very similar idea for dreamland:

View attachment 53133

mine features dope metaknights:
View attachment 53134

Do you mind letting me know the offset of the green leaves on top? I can't find them. I'm also unable to get textures for lower part of the stage to work correctly (I guess I can't find the palette)

Will you send me your dat so I can mess with some of those textures? I really like some of your snowy textures. I'll give you credit if I make anything!
Are you still working on this 'Winter WonderDreamland', or did you finish it?

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone be willing to work on simplifying textures of existing stages such as Yoshi's Story and trying to make it resemble the 64 style? Thought this would be a fun project for someone
DJ Casca DJ Casca

sc00p

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

ManofDapper

Smash Rookie
Can we use any of these files to replace the ALTERNATE skins on 20XX? I want to keep the defaults while still being able to use these awesome skins.

RushSSBM

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

DJ Casca

Smash Cadet
Would anyone be willing to work on simplifying textures of existing stages such as Yoshi's Story and trying to make it resemble the 64 style? Thought this would be a fun project for someone
DJ Casca DJ Casca
IMO there isn't much I could do besides bring down the overall resolution for each texture and maybe reduce the color palette.

Top Bottom