• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Oh silly me! I guess i didn't see someone had already made a stormtrooper fox. Great ideas so far guys! Keep em commin. Also if any more people want to volunteer to help that'd be bloody awesome!

Also do you think Yoda pichu would work or Yoda young link?
Yoda Young Link with green lightsaber obviously

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
Oh silly me! I guess i didn't see someone had already made a stormtrooper fox. Great ideas so far guys! Keep em commin. Also if any more people want to volunteer to help that'd be bloody awesome!

Also do you think Yoda pichu would work or Yoda young link?
yeah I made that skin in honor of the new star wars lol

Siro

Smash Cadet
can anyone re-up the following:

Pink Sheik
The Reduxes (Link Redux)
The Falco Skin by Siro
Ky Kiske Marth
I updated most of my download links, if not all of them. :D

Check through the thread, it takes a while for things to get updated in the main post.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice

Name: Winter Yoshi's Story
Made By: God with a Wavebird
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5g0fxo5tn5crb6z/GrSt][WinterFinal.dat

I'd like to be able to change the color of the tall grass (specifically the yellow and aqua ones), but they have a color overlay on them so it's not as simple as just changing the texture. I tried to figure out how to change it, but I could only find the color overlays for the clouds.

Last edited:

hologram summer

Smash Cadet
I updated most of my download links, if not all of them. :D

Check through the thread, it takes a while for things to get updated in the main post.
<3 u thank you, any chance you can upload the link for Mizushiro Falco?

Last edited:

EZPZ

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I guess I did something wrong but my Red Captain Falcon in the CSS shows Ice Climbers instead lol. Can anyone upload the original file for me pls.

jacob91

Smash Cadet
I've been desperately trying to make a custom hack today consisting of three particular changes from vanilla melee that shouldn't be so hard to add in. These three changes are:

1: C-stick functionality in 1-P Mode
2: Flash White on successful L-cancel
3: Items turned off in single player mode

For the first two, I figure I can use the DOL Manager tool. However, I'm not sure how to rewrite the Injection Codes.txt file so that the 2nd change will work. (Also, not entirely sure how to play the .dol file on the wii.) The third I have no idea about but I'm hoping the general item switch toggle standard on the DOL manager applies to single player as well.

So in short I have three questions:

1. Is this the right way to rewrite the Injection Codes.txt file so that I get the L-cancel flash? If not, how should I write it?

-==-

Flash White on successful L-cancel
- Character flashes white upon successful L-Cancel
[Geuse]
Version -- DOL Offset ------ Hex to Replace -------
1.02 ------ 0x8A280 ----- C00600E8 -> 4BF76F60
----------- 0xBCD28 ----- 387F0488 -> 4BF444C8

C00600E8 39E000D4
99E30564 48089098
387F0488 89FE0564
2C0F00D4 41820008
480BBB2C 39E00091
99FE0564 3DE0C200
91FE0518 91FE051C
91FE0520 91FE0524
3DE00000 91FE0528
91FE052C 91FE0530
3DE0C280 91FE0534
3DE0800C 61EF0150
7DE903A6 4E800420
480BBB08

-==-
2. Just how exactly does one load a .dol file on the wii? (Tried Dios Mios and Nintendont, not sure what to do)

3. How would I go about toggling off items in single player mode? Do the settings on the DOL manager apply to single player?

Siro

Smash Cadet
<3 u thank you, any chance you can upload the link for Mizushiro Falco?
Everything is updated.

You just have to search the pages in this thread. The original Mizushiro Falco texture is on page 7, while the 2015 version is on page 46. ^^

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
I've been desperately trying to make a custom hack today consisting of three particular changes from vanilla melee that shouldn't be so hard to add in. These three changes are:

1: C-stick functionality in 1-P Mode
2: Flash White on successful L-cancel
3: Items turned off in single player mode

For the first two, I figure I can use the DOL Manager tool. However, I'm not sure how to rewrite the Injection Codes.txt file so that the 2nd change will work. (Also, not entirely sure how to play the .dol file on the wii.) The third I have no idea about but I'm hoping the general item switch toggle standard on the DOL manager applies to single player as well.

So in short I have three questions:

1. Is this the right way to rewrite the Injection Codes.txt file so that I get the L-cancel flash? If not, how should I write it?

2. Just how exactly does one load a .dol file on the wii? (Tried Dios Mios and Nintendont, not sure what to do)

3. How would I go about toggling off items in single player mode? Do the settings on the DOL manager apply to single player?
flash white on L cancel and c stick funcion in 1p can be done using simple ar codes or gecko codes. Rather easy to use.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
I'd say grey for the jacket, to make it look like the plumage. maybe the shirt/body area can be one shade of grey that matches the hands/wings, and the jacket a bit darker grey with white trim?

hopefully the details Achilles posted above help you with the shimmer
Thanks Achilles! Ill try to work on the Skin for Vestboy sometime. I have been very busy with midterms however. I have a few great ideas for some silly texture hacks.
bumping my request for a cockatiel falco skin. above is the last known communication from 7upjawa 7upjawa while he was working on it. he ran into some trouble with the falco shimmer and then midterms swamped him so pretty sure he is no longer working on it. looking for any bored artists in search of a new project

Last edited:

7upjawa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
7upjawa
3DS FC
3823-8521-4588
Vestboy_Myst Vestboy_Myst Yeah i gave up for now. i may try again sometime. I managed to get rid of the shimmer, but i disliked my design. Either way im moving on to better things probably sometime.

7upjawa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
7upjawa
3DS FC
3823-8521-4588
In the batman skin for Captain falcon they added in the ears. would it be possible to somehow remove falcons visor, and manipulate his helmet to look like hair?

7upjawa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
7upjawa
3DS FC
3823-8521-4588
Also, this is less important, but change the shape of the gun holster? I know PM mods can do this sort of thing, but im just looking for a way to get rid of the dumb helmet.

Stel_2Dank

Smash Rookie
Loving that Raiden skin on Marth. Anybody think they could make Shulk and/or Dunban-esque skins for Marth? (Color doesn't really matter, though Red Marth could be the best for both of these. And even Black and White Marth). I've never tried texture hacking myself, but, I'd love to see if somebody could make these real.

Dunban:

Shulk:

PrinceJohn

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
PRJN#560
I don't think the blue Sabriel Peach or the blue Ice Peach works. The game freezes.

Silent J

Smash Rookie
does anyone have any yoshi's island 64 maps? on page one it doesn't show any :(
There's a few Yoshi's 64 hacks floating around by Milun;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apvk4pYZkeM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKt8y-Ixors
The ones in the first video have a few minor changes to them, and the second is what's used in 20XX 3.02.

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=...!733&parId=5520060FAA8D8E68!694&action=locate

There's also this one, a model hack of Warioware. It takes the place of the Yoshi's 64 stage, but you'll have to do a rebuild with GCR- check the Model Hacks/Imports Thread for more info.

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
I recently began working on a Melee Netplay Texture Collection. It changes some stages looks completely and others just simple additions. It is still heavily a WIP but I do like where im going with it.

Edit: currently only working on tourney legal stages

Last edited:

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
I have some news about my netplay texture pack. If you would like any custom skins added to the pack it's very simple to do so!

Simply go into dolphin, choose the character skin you would like added, and when you are on the stage select screen go to config > advanced > and enable dump textures.

Then go into documents/dolphin emulator/ dump folder and grab the character textures there and upload them!

Make a post tagging me in it with a link to the files, and i will add them to the pack. OR you can hit me up on twitter CowlScatman CowlScatman

Top Bottom