• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
Hello!
I made this Minecraft inspired(ripoff) Dreamland retexture

I think it turned out great overall. I did however have some problems with the fence in the background looking really corrupt and i was unable to resolve that. If anyone has had this problem and fixed i would love to know.
thats pretty cool looking

Phantop

Smash Cadet
I know I asked this before a while back but I didn't quite understand it so how do I change/remove Falco's blue tint?

DJ Casca

Smash Cadet
Hello!
I made this Minecraft inspired(ripoff) Dreamland retexture

I think it turned out great overall. I did however have some problems with the fence in the background looking really corrupt and i was unable to resolve that. If anyone has had this problem and fixed i would love to know.
Looks good man! I wonder what would happen if you did the same with ALL of pokemon stadium...

Edit: I'm going to try that idea...

Last edited:

Akli LT

Smash Rookie
Hi guy,

There was this really cool white and purple marth skin on the old thread. sadly enough the link is down. i tried to recreate this skin but i have no experience in digital art i maneged to change the color of the cape an jewel. put it doensnt look as good as this one. this is the original skin i found on the old thread.

Is there a change one of u has the file for this skin?

Last edited:

Mingo

Smash Cadet
Hi guy,

There was this really cool white and purple marth skin on the old thread. sadly enough the link is down. i tried to recreate this skin but i have no experience in digital art i maneged to change the color of the cape an jewel. put it doensnt look as good as this one. this is the original skin i found on the old thread.

Is there a change one of u has the file for this skin?
Ive been searching for this one for a while now, and unfortunately the creator no longer has the file. So someone would have to recreate it from scratch. I've asked around before and no one was willing. :(

Last edited:

CAVEM4N

Smash Rookie
I've been keeping these to myself for a little while now, figured it was about time to share. Let me know what you guys think!

Name: 2 Dollar Slices (white)
Made By: CCS Kid
Download Link Here: https://ww w.dropbox.com/s/qjcls2ib4boje1x/PlLgWh.dat?dl=0

Name: Mango Eagles (green)
Made By: CCS Kid
Download Link Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqq2kd60kqh0hbc/PlCaGr.dat?dl=0

For the mango skin , the green lines/letters are all on the pants and the white on the helmet is gone. Did I do something wrong?? I just downloaded the file and replaced it with Toolkit, tried it again and the same thing happened.

CCS Kid

Smash Rookie
For the mango skin , the green lines/letters are all on the pants and the white on the helmet is gone. Did I do something wrong?? I just downloaded the file and replaced it with Toolkit, tried it again and the same thing happened.
dang, can't believe I ran into this many issues. I guess that's what happens when you're just starting out :dizzy: regardless, it should all be fixed and working now. sorry for the inconvenience!

CAVEM4N

Smash Rookie
dang, can't believe I ran into this many issues. I guess that's what happens when you're just starting out :dizzy: regardless, it should all be fixed and working now. sorry for the inconvenience!
NO DUDE YOU ARE THE MAN! It is like my faveorite Falcon skin.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Does anyone understand what creates this orange tint. I dont think its just a texture hack. Possible material structures.

xxn1ghtm4re

Smash Rookie
Hwy guys so ive been trying to import the meta knight skin for marth but the problem seems that the file is too large but when i compare it with a random other skin it is exactly the same bytes!
i tried with melee toolkit which just gives an error and with dat wizard which says its too big

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Does anyone understand what creates this orange tint. I dont think its just a texture hack. Possible material structures.
It's the RGBA character body shadow lighting value. In the GroundParam section.

Upon initial inspection of GrSt.dat, I believe it is at 0x2a5a0 = e6e6e6ff.

But I haven't actually tested it on this stage. That should be the offset though.

DJ Casca

Smash Cadet
Hwy guys so ive been trying to import the meta knight skin for marth but the problem seems that the file is too large but when i compare it with a random other skin it is exactly the same bytes!
i tried with melee toolkit which just gives an error and with dat wizard which says its too big
Are you are importing it into PlMs instead of PlMt?

zankyou

Smash Lord
It's the RGBA character body shadow lighting value. In the GroundParam section.

Upon initial inspection of GrSt.dat, I believe it is at 0x2a5a0 = e6e6e6ff.

But I haven't actually tested it on this stage. That should be the offset though.
Im not sure what section this is but its not the groundparam. Its closer to ALDYakuAll however its a structure that points to itself with nothing else pointing to it. Which means its probably parsed and terminated at when it reaches this point. Since theres no other root node before it Ill just assume its part of the ALDYakuAll. Also some of those look like animation flags.

DJ Casca

Smash Cadet
Hey, I wanted to let you guys know that DAT Texture Wizard v3.0 has finally been released!

Welcome to the future.

Nope. Texture hacks will not cause a desync, because they're not relevant info for what's going on in a match (like character positions/states/etc.), so it's not data that needs to be shared or synced.
GOD BLESS

This is going to make this sooooo much easier. Thank You ;-;

Fakes

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom