• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
So I'm messing around a bit more with Stadium. I'm curious, to get the texture on the center logo (a la the TBH4/VGBC/C9 skins), do people just overlay the grass texture in photoshop? I can't get it to show the consistency enough to be noticeable and keep the original colors.

This is the texture I'm trying to use as the overlay. I also tried extracting some of the texture from the Pokeball itself, and that looked better, but it still drains a lot of the color. Maybe I just need to up my Photoshop-fu, since I started off on GIMP years ago?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So I'm messing around a bit more with Stadium. I'm curious, to get the texture on the center logo (a la the TBH4/VGBC/C9 skins), do people just overlay the grass texture in photoshop? I can't get it to show the consistency enough to be noticeable and keep the original colors.

This is the texture I'm trying to use as the overlay. I also tried extracting some of the texture from the Pokeball itself, and that looked better, but it still drains a lot of the color. Maybe I just need to up my Photoshop-fu, since I started off on GIMP years ago?
See my little side note at the bottom of this post.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...s-new-debug-menu.351221/page-42#post-17412016

CCS Kid

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
Project StadiuM

Name: Project StadiuM
Made By: Charmilio
Download Link Here: https://mega.nz/#!bgt3RDwA!MMgaRmo8JKN1IZ5sAp9JyTlFJNLCix4Ra5YmxT4dJPE

GrPS.usd

Thanks Achilles1515 Achilles1515 for being da real MVP. Changing the levels never crossed my mind.
Can someone let me know if the platform colors are easily editable now? I'd like to make a version like the older Project M Stadium, which would involve coloring the platforms, and the base of the stage itself as well as some background elements, and (if possible) not have it cause desyncs on netplay. That won't be for a while, but I love the color scheme too much. Might also change the logo on the water transformation as well. Also if there's like, a Skype group or something, I have a few questions that I'd like to ask and not clog up this thread with. Also (x3), I've been making a bunch of minor logo edits for PS, would it be bad form to make a thread to post them in so I don't clog up this thread with the quality logos with a bunch of dumb meme-tier stuff? Thanks for being so helpful guys, I appreciate it a lot.

Last edited:

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
Project StadiuM

Name: Project StadiuM
Made By: Charmilio
Download Link Here: https://mega.nz/#!bgt3RDwA!MMgaRmo8JKN1IZ5sAp9JyTlFJNLCix4Ra5YmxT4dJPE

GrPS.usd

Thanks Achilles1515 Achilles1515 for being da real MVP. Changing the levels never crossed my mind.
Can someone let me know if the platform colors are easily editable now? I'd like to make a version like the older Project M Stadium, which would involve coloring the platforms, and the base of the stage itself as well as some background elements, and (if possible) not have it cause desyncs on netplay. That won't be for a while, but I love the color scheme too much. Might also change the logo on the water transformation as well. Also if there's like, a Skype group or something, I have a few questions that I'd like to ask and not clog up this thread with. Also (x3), I've been making a bunch of minor logo edits for PS, would it be bad form to make a thread to post them in so I don't clog up this thread with the quality logos with a bunch of dumb meme-tier stuff? Thanks for being so helpful guys, I appreciate it a lot.
Nice! Cool to see some newer people texture hacking! I was just about to do a guide for coloring PS platforms once in for all so new people like you can easily refer to it instead of digging up old threads on smashboards for info ;) I believe you can just use Steelia's pack for Pokemon Stadium to edit other stage textures as well as the background.

7upjawa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
7upjawa
3DS FC
3823-8521-4588
So i'm almost done the cockatiel, but how do you get rid of falcos blue shimmer?

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
Please direct people to this guide if needed:)

Guide: Changing Pokemon Stadium's Platform Textures
I remembered trying to figure this out by digging around smashboards so I deiced to make a guide. Keep in mind this is a rather detailed guide so beginners who who aren't very experienced with DTW can figure it out.

1. Download Jorgasms fixed platform GrPs file. Big thanks to @Jorgasms!

2. Open your melee ISO file in the Dat Texture Wizard (DTW).
File --> Open Disc.

3. Scroll down and open the - Stage Files - tab.

4. If you want to replace your new Pokemon stadium with the no transformation version in 20XX, select GrPb.usd. If you want to replace the normal transformation version, select GrPs.usd. Then click on the "Browse Textures" button on the right.

5. Find the png or tpl file you want to replace the floor/platform texture with. It has to be 64x64. If you just want the normal ground texture but in different color, you can save the black and white version below then just change the hue/brightness of it in an image editor.

6. Now that you have your image, go back to the DTW and right click on the 0x3e3a0 texture and click "Import Texture". Now find the png or tpl file you want to replace the floor/platform texture with. You should see the updated texture.

7. Save your ISO file (Ctrl + S) and you're done! Now try it in Dolphin.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Please direct people to this guide if needed :)

Guide: Changing Pokemon Stadium's Platform textures
I remembered trying to figure this out by digging around smashboards so I deiced to make a guide. Keep in mind this is a rather detailed guide so beginners who who aren't very experienced with DTW or GCR can figure it out.
put it in the main post. thnx saxon

Last edited:

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
Here's a few pictures of a Luke Skywalker skin I'm making.

In the image below I'm showing the cape graphic, I don't know how to change it could some one help me on that?

I'm a lazy slacker so for the out of the fray textures I just made it blue as if he's using the force.

I need to do some more stuff like make swinging sound effects and maybe change some animations.

Deg

Smash Cadet
Made this luigi skin to test how texture hacking works. I think it turned out great :D

Thanks for helping me make the image visible achilles :)

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Made this luigi skin to test how texture hacking works. I think it turned out great :D
<- why is this broken though.. imgur doesnt work or what?
View your picture on IMGUR and right click it. Select Copy Image URL.

Then edit your Smashboards post and do
Code:
[IMG]paste copied link here[/IMG]

Last edited:

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
Please direct people to this guide if needed :)

Guide: Changing Pokemon Stadium's Platform textures
I remembered trying to figure this out by digging around smashboards so I deiced to make a guide. Keep in mind this is a rather detailed guide so beginners who who aren't very experienced with DTW or GCR can figure it out.

1. Download Jorgasms fixed platform GrPs file. Big thanks to @Jorgasms!

2. Find the png or tpl file you want to replace the floor/platform texture with. It has to be 64x64 and has to have "_14" at the end of it's filename. If you just want the normal ground texture but in different color, you can save the black and white version below then just change the hue/brightness of it in an image editor.

3. Now that you have your image, we want to replace it in Jorgasm's GrPs file. Open the Dat Texture Wizard (DTW).

4. Click "Select DAT" and go find your downloaded GrPs file.

5. Now select your texture with "Select Textures".

6. Next, type "-->0003e3a0" next to your texture path. This is so the program can replace the texture at the correct offset of the DAT file. Now overwrite the textures. A dialogue box should open saying the process is complete. Example

7. Your texture should now be in the DAT file. Open the Gamecube Rebuilder (GCR).
Find and open your SSBM iso file.

8. Scroll down to the GrPs files of your iso. If you want to replace your new Pokemon stadium with the no transformation version in 20XX, right click and replace GrPs.dat. If you want to replace the normal transformation version, replace the GrPs.usd file of your iso. Click "Save Changes" and you're done!

Hope this helps!
I'm doing everything in here just fine but when I click "write textures into DAT" i get a big long error with the title cx_Freeze: Python error in main script" If you want exactly what the error says I'll message it to you because it's half the screen large

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Pokemon Stadium - Unique Platform Textures
Note: This is only a workaround for not understanding the actual way the platforms are colored.
Download

Capture.PNG

0x3E3A0 = Image data location for default ground texture (64x64 CMPR, _14)
0x780C0 = Image data location for new texture that the platforms use (64x64 CMPR, _14)

The original texture at location 0x780C0 was this:
Orange PS with Same Color Platforms - Copy.usd_0x780c0_9.png

but I believe that was only used for the "How to Play" movie as seen below. So I said screw that texture.
Capture.PNG

Thanks, DRGN DRGN :awesome:

Last edited:

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
Pokemon Stadium - Unique Platform Colors
Note: This is only a workaround for not understanding the actual way the platforms are colored.
Download

View attachment 79788

0x780C0 = Image data location for new texture that the platforms use (64x64 CMPR, _14)

View attachment 79790

but I believe that was only used for the "How to Play" movie as seen below. So I said screw that texture.
View attachment 79791
They should have those bright colors for the Star Wars: Episode VII Death Star.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Download

View attachment 79788

View attachment 79790

View attachment 79791

Theyre probably colored with the color node and not a texture.

DRGN

Technowizard
Edit: lol so I was messin' around with arbitrary texture hacks to test some things, and decided to remove the Moon's mouth, which makes it look like it's just yelling now:

TEST01-8.png

lol

Edit 2 and somewhat-side tangent: man, don't want to reveal too much just yet, but, oh man... suffice to say, today was a good day for Melee Science.

I'm doing everything in here just fine but when I click "write textures into DAT" i get a big long error with the title cx_Freeze: Python error in main script" If you want exactly what the error says I'll message it to you because it's half the screen large
Sure, what's it say?

Last edited:

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
hmm I'm not sure what to do about that. Do you know anything a bout this DRGN DRGN ?

edit: nevermind he already replied

Last edited:

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
Edit: lol so I was messin' around with arbitrary texture hacks to test some things, and decided to remove the Moon's mouth, which makes it look like it's just yelling now:

View attachment 79850

lol

Edit 2 and somewhat-side tangent: man, don't want to reveal too much just yet, but, oh man... suffice to say, today was a good day for Melee Science.

Sure, what's it say?
Exciting ;)

Saxon116

Smash Journeyman
Download

View attachment 79788

View attachment 79790

View attachment 79791

Did you make the game use the how to play texture for the platform textures?

OmnipotentSpoon

Smash Cadet
Download

View attachment 79788

View attachment 79790

View attachment 79791

I ****ing love you.
Here's an attempt at the falco request you made. It didn't come out as nice as I would have liked, if I have more time I'll try to update it. Well mostly the jacket, trying to add detail to it didn't work all that well. Honestly it would probably look better without trying to add the extra stuff because it gets really distorted even after I tried to fix it all.

Name: American Eagle
Made By: OmnipotentSpoon (Credit to Theytah for Brawl Texture)
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gtaeekk00m6t4b1/PlFcBu-American_Eagle.dat

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I ****ing love you.
Here's an attempt at the falco request you made. It didn't come out as nice as I would have liked, if I have more time I'll try to update it. Well mostly the jacket, trying to add detail to it didn't work all that well. Honestly it would probably look better without trying to add the extra stuff because it gets really distorted even after I tried to fix it all.

Name: American Eagle
Made By: OmnipotentSpoon (Credit to Theytah for Brawl Texture)
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gtaeekk00m6t4b1/PlFcBu-American_Eagle.dat
Dude, nice! I agree that keeping the jacket more basic would look better overall. American Eagle Falco is long overdue.

DJ Casca

Smash Cadet
It isn' t finished but I hope you enjoy

It's supposed to be Sayaka Miki, but I've been having trouble with the last texture on the skirt,but don't worry, I'll fix it tonight.

Deg

Smash Cadet
Hello!
I made this Minecraft inspired(ripoff) Dreamland retexture

I think it turned out great overall. I did however have some problems with the fence in the background looking really corrupt and i was unable to resolve that. If anyone has had this problem and fixed i would love to know.

Top Bottom