• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

marmle

Smash Rookie
You'd have to transfer each modified texture, I.E. all .dat files. Or just the iso.
Easiest method would probably be to extract each iso, select all .dat files you modified in one and copy them over to your root folder of your new iso, select copy and replace for all, then rebuild the second iso.

Also does anyone have any requests or ideas they've never fleshed out? I'd really like to do some texture mods this week but im completely dry of inspiration.
Would you be able to do a USA Luigi?

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
What is the method of swapping character textures across different colors? How difficult would it be? It would be nice to pick any costume for any color
If you want to move one custom skin for a character that is set to one color slot to another color slot (say marth's white to black) you would need each individual png from one and copy it over the others respective location. Melee toolkit would make this a simple, albeit tedious task. (You'd have to export every texture from the custom dat, in the case of marth around 80 of them, and replace them all)

Would you be able to do a USA Luigi?
Yeah sure, sounds fun. I'll add it to my list, probably do it later today/tomorrow.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
HAPPY OFFICIAL MELEE TEXTURE HACK THREAD ANNIVERSARY! OFFICIALY ONE YEAR OLD! THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTE AND VISIT THE THREAD

Last edited:

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
What's the name of the texture for Fox's and Falco's gun? Is it accessible through Melee toolkit?

This may be a really stupid question to the top dogs, but I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance for helping me.

Edit: Never mind, found the file with a bit more digging.

Last edited:

RushSSBM

Smash Cadet
So my modded 20XX just froze upon loading FD with 4 falcons. The music kept going but the game will not load. Is there any reason for this? Everything was going pretty well but I have no idea why this would freeze. Here's a log of all the changes I've made if any are known to cause freezes or something http://pastebin.com/YAgQq9Y6

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
So my modded 20XX just froze upon loading FD with 4 falcons. The music kept going but the game will not load. Is there any reason for this? Everything was going pretty well but I have no idea why this would freeze. Here's a log of all the changes I've made if any are known to cause freezes or something http://pastebin.com/YAgQq9Y6
Try to narrow down your problem. Try loading it again to see if it freezes still. If yes, try loading with only 3 of those 4 falcons. Still freeze? Then one of those is the problem. Try 2, 1, etc.
If you find it is a costume problem, replace the .dat with your custom one again. You probably replaced a costume with one for a different color by accident.

RushSSBM

Smash Cadet
Alright, I'm fairly certain it was the green falcon skin, Little Mac, that causes freezes.

Edit-
Okay I've confirmed the recently made "Little Mac" green falcon skin causes a freeze, so @ Veggies Veggies can you take that off of the original post?

Name: Little Mac
Made by: meemoo
Download link: ayy
and meemoo should probably remove the download link for that

Last edited:

meemoo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2879-0639-8952
Alright, I'm fairly certain it was the green falcon skin, Little Mac, that causes freezes.

Edit-
Okay I've confirmed the recently made "Little Mac" green falcon skin causes a freeze, so @ Veggies Veggies can you take that off of the original post?

and meemoo should probably remove the download link for that
thanks for pointing this out, i must have uploaded the wrong file... sorry about that!
i edited the original post with a fixed download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqwpuesbv8s7ypk/Little_Mac_(Green_Captain_Falcon).zip?dl=0

OmnipotentSpoon

Smash Cadet
Do you have a download link for the gold blaster in the first pic? I'd like the gold blaster with the turquoise lasers.
Huh, I've actually never noticed the gold gun because the photo came from a pack of skins I downloaded forever ago. If no one else knows where the textures are in PlFc.dat, I can figure that out (hopefully) sometime tonight. They appear to be _14 so I can't just use CeLL's finder.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Huh, I've actually never noticed the gold gun because the photo came from a pack of skins I downloaded forever ago. If no one else knows where the textures are in PlFc.dat, I can figure that out (hopefully) sometime tonight. They appear to be _14 so I can't just use CeLL's finder.
"the gun texture data 00015800 -00019cd0"

I'm at work and cannot upload files right now, but you should be able to get the golden gun if you open the attached document --> ctrl+A --> ctrl+c --> then paste at 0x15800 in PlFc.dat

Attachments

Last edited:

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
"the gun texture data 00015800 -00019cd0"

I'm at work and cannot upload files right now, but you should be able to get the golden gun if you open the attached document --> ctrl+A --> ctrl+c --> then paste at 0x15800 in PlFc.dat
What is this, GoldenEye 64?

Last edited:

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Reposting this from the old textures thread:

African American Captain Falcon

More Screenshots

I think we've all wanted this at one point or another...

Three textures are replaced, which are seen below.
Download link for new textures

Use Dan Salvato's MeleeToolkit to replace the textures on any Falcon skin you want.
Is it possible to change the skin on any character?

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
Hey melee crafters!

I've been working on a Daisy skin to rep the brown eyed brown haired girls since I noticed that your Official Melee Texture was lacking a Daisy skin. (There is one in the OP but it's broken - and based on the description it's just the NES peach - doesn't help with my goal)

Daisy's textures are quite different than peaches in several aspects: right now what I'm most curious about are those little frills around her neck, wrists, and around the jewels on her chest and earrings.

Well, to be frank, I'd like to get rid of them. I'm not sure if I can just make them transparent or if I have to edit the DAT.

Does anyone know what those things are?

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Hey melee crafters!

I've been working on a Daisy skin to rep the brown eyed brown haired girls since I noticed that your Official Melee Texture was lacking a Daisy skin. (There is one in the OP but it's broken - and based on the description it's just the NES peach - doesn't help with my goal)

Daisy's textures are quite different than peaches in several aspects: right now what I'm most curious about are those little frills around her neck, wrists, and around the jewels on her chest and earrings.

Well, to be frank, I'd like to get rid of them. I'm not sure if I can just make them transparent or if I have to edit the DAT.

Does anyone know what those things are?
I think that would require model editing, possibly moving the vertexes of her frills inside her arms to make them not visible or something. You can't really just make a transparent texture AFAIK.
Why not just retextue any other peach color into what you want? The daisy skin is the only one with a different model.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
Well, because the daisy skin is the only one no one on my setup already uses lmao

There are some textures you can make transparent... I think it was steelia who said something about it in a post, but I can't remember where to find it. :$

Also daisy's arm model is slightly different than peaches- as peaches gloves aren't just part of a texture - they're part of her model... but I bet there's a way to exchange peach's neck collar and arm between daisy and normal peach.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
I haven't seen a build with evo logos plastered on everything but it wouldn't be very hard to make one on top of a normal 20XX root - unless you aren't interested in doing it yourself, rofl. It's not too hard.

Fakes

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone made or have an EVO 20XX build? I thought they did that before
they did do that at EVO2014 but after Nintendo got involved, everybody stopped using modified versions of the game for big tournaments. Not sure if there is a EVO2014 build, but I know for a fact there is a BEAST V build somewhere for download

Sdmac200

Smash Rookie

Can somebody make this Roy skin. Found it on Brawl Vault which doesn't work for Melee. It's Roy with King Zephiel's colors. Thanks in advance :D

Squelchyman

Smash Cadet
I put a few custom character textures, a new CSS and lots of custom map textures and I have so far, encountered three problems whilst playing 20XX after this:

1. I cannot taunt anymore as every time I press up on my d-pad with any character, it just freezes wherever it is. However, a frozen player can still be grabbed and thrown and when hit, they are still damaged by each hit.

2. The damage of player 2 constantly flickers to their actual damage when they are hurt and a random, rising and falling number when they are not being hurt.

3. Captain Falcon's last skin (maybe 5th or 6th) is shown as Ice Climbers on the CSS.

Shayse

Smash Rookie
Request: Cloud 9 Marf :D

Yes, I know there is already a Cloud 9 Marth in the OP but the scaly looking arms, armor, sword etc. and the pixely logo on the back aint 4 me

Top Bottom