• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Scroll

Smash Ace
I am not sure where to post this suggestion, but someone should do a Falco skin to make him look like Donald Duck
Also make skins to make Falco look like Fox and vice versa

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
For a new Marth skin, I'd personally love a Cloud 9 Marth skin over any colour! That would be very cool!

Slyfincleton

Smash Cadet
hey sly, what do you think slippy would look like if you had fox's (slippys) helmet red like his hat. Also making his neck the same color as slippy's bottom part of his mouth, similar to your picture you have in ur video?
I'll try that out when i have time!

DRGN

Technowizard
Can anybody help me out, I want to make a space ghost skin for falcon, where do I begin, what do I do?
I want to change the pokeball for another logo in pokemon stadium, can someone help me with a dedicated guide?
Forum's first page: Guide: How to Hack Any Texture

There are download packs that contain the original textures, as well as text files that give the locations of where the textures are in the game.

As mentioned in the above guide, there's also the thread, Creating Melee Character Textures using the Melee Toolkit! It's Seriously So Easy...., though keep in mind that the program there only works for characters.

Also, as a general resource if you ever want to find things or learn how to do stuff, there's the first post here: Melee, Hacks, and You -- *UPDATED 5/21/2015*

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g

I feel like something's wrong with my copy, with all these .lat/.rat/whatever...

FYI it's a modified version of the BEAST5 Setup.

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
Alright I see, thanks.

But you know, apparently when my setup was used this wednesday for our local weekly, textures started to simply disappear after some matches, I suspected these files to overlap in some way and block the original ones to load, without even touching the L button for alternate costumes.

I got to think about that when captron falcon loaded on the PlCaBu even though I never installed it over the original .dat, and, after looking in the copy's files I found that, in fact, there was a PlCaBu lat/rat with this texture.

Would I be wrong ?

EDIT: On a totally different subject, how are those menu texture coloured ? Dolphin doesn't dump any texture at all... I suppose you've got to do it with hexadecimal thingy ? I also want to make the background blacker, to compensate the new blue, you know.

Last edited:

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
Alright I see, thanks.

But you know, apparently when my setup was used this wednesday for our local weekly, textures started to simply disappear after some matches, I suspected these files to overlap in some way and block the original ones to load, without even touching the L button for alternate costumes.

I got to think about that when captron falcon loaded on the PlCaBu even though I never installed it over the original .dat, and, after looking in the copy's files I found that, in fact, there was a PlCaBu lat/rat with this texture.

Would I be wrong ?

EDIT: On a totally different subject, how are those menu texture coloured ? Dolphin doesn't dump any texture at all... I suppose you've got to do it with hexadecimal thingy ? I also want to make the background blacker, to compensate the new blue, you know.

Yeah it's not a texture. Change the values via hex editor

MnSlChr background offsets
000948 80 80 80 FF 00 0B 1A FF FF FF FF Background
348E88 07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94 Bottom frame
348F48 07 07 07 07 92 9E A3 00 92 9E A3 Rule
349008 07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94 Top frame

Last edited:

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
A few days ago CeLL had the idea to give color to the closed port doors on the CSS.

And it works!

View attachment 51564

So many possibilities. Talk about opening up new doors!

How to do?

There are 8 image headers for this texture (one for each half of each door), located here:

0x0034A114, 0x0034A054, 0x00349E14, 0x00349D54, 0x00349B14, 0x00349A54, 0x00349814, 0x00349754

At each of these offsets, you'll find a header that looks like this: 0002F740008000C800000003

The 3 on the end is the image type. Now, the _5 image type supports both color and transparency, and is the same bytes per pixel as the original _3 type (at least for the total, not for the individual channels). So just replace the 3 in each of those headers with a 5 and replace the texture with an _5 version. Remember to use the same tricks as before with the alpha layer when editing that texture, as mentioned in my guide here. Then just save it as a _5.png, and that's it! Someone still needs to figure out how to move these things though, so we can get rid of that distortion along the middle.

At first we thought about putting the image at the end of the file, redirecting the image headers, and changing the image type (and changing the file size / rebuilding the iso with GCR), which would be nice because we could use a _6 type and get twice the bit depth (better quality image). But for some reason that created some weird effects with the colors for some bizarre reason.
It would be fantastic if I knew what was causing that, because I think I could do more than just get a better quality image.

@ CeLL CeLL here's the image I made for the test if you want it:

View attachment 51570
Messing around with this @ DRGN DRGN I noticed there is some discoloration on the left side no matter what you do. Here is where I first noticed the issue and I was able to compensate with something like this (don't ask me how I got to that lol it was a lot of fiddling around with levels, color balance, saturation, and lightness). Overall it looks fine, but I'd want to give it the best quality if possible. I haven't been able to recreate anything like that last image as well so that kinda creates problems for future tweaks. I noticed the discoloration slightly on your demonstration as well, or at least that's what it seems like. Any fix for this? Or anything I may be doing wrong?

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
You rule @ SLUGS SLUGS

EDIT: Take a look, I really like where my project is going. With dolphin's temporary texture load, I have replaced the melee to something new but i've yet to find the offset, normally, I think it would be inside steelia's texture dump. I'll look around.

Oh and also, still with dolphin's texture load I have made something I think is quite cool : I changed the non legal stages to greyscale & put sepia on hacked stages with a brief explanation when hovering, so players knows what changes are made. @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 you should put this inside 20XX I think that would be a nice addition.

-> But I need to find the hexadecimal offsets for these two textures, directly changing them on photoshop doesn't work. Something to do with palettes & stuff maybe.

EDIT: Yeah so Steelia's pack doesn't have what I'm looking for, and only has stage icons placement. Stuff like background, lines and cursor are dumped but there isn't any placement offsets, gah

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Messing around with this @ DRGN DRGN I noticed there is some discoloration on the left side no matter what you do. Here is where I first noticed the issue and I was able to compensate with something like this (don't ask me how I got to that lol it was a lot of fiddling around with levels, color balance, saturation, and lightness). Overall it looks fine, but I'd want to give it the best quality if possible. I haven't been able to recreate anything like that last image as well so that kinda creates problems for future tweaks. I noticed the discoloration slightly on your demonstration as well, or at least that's what it seems like. Any fix for this? Or anything I may be doing wrong?
Theoretically, yes, it’s fixable; but in practical terms it would be difficult with today’s texture hacking technology. It's caused by the innate way color values are stored in the _5 type. If a pixel doesn't need the alpha channel, it will divvy up the bits that would have been used for alpha to the other color values in order to increase their color depth and allow them a larger variety of colors. If a pixel uses alpha, its RGB values will use 4 bits each (with a numbering that increases in value by 17; i.e. 1 = 17, 2 = 34, etc., all the way up to a value of 255) , and if it doesn't need the alpha channel, its RGB values will use 5 bits each (meaning a numbering that increases in value by 8). All of the pixels on the lower-left panel have some transparency, while most on the right don't, so you get a slightly different conversion of the color values (from the standard 8 or 16 bits that your original image's pixels would use) between the two halves.

For example, consider the typical scale where you have a max color value of 0xFF, or 255 (your standard 8-bit (1 byte) color depth). Imagine you have a hex color value that’s, say, #0000C2, which gives a blue value of 194. The closest value to that using 4 bits is 1011, which actually equates to 187 (194/17 = 11.41, but decimals can’t be represented with the 4 bits, so it rounds down (at least I assume it wouldn’t round up, which I think would be strange), and 11 x 17 = 187). However, the closest value using 5 bits (better “color fidelity” you could say) is 11000 (194/8 = 24.25, 24 x 8 = 192). So after the two conversions to RGBA/RGB for the two panels, you got 187 and 192 from the same color value.

I believe there are multiple ways this could be fixed, but unfortunately the two best ways are technical & complicated, and would be tedious to do manually (but I can explain them if you want). Doing things programmatically on the other hand makes it totally feasible, and I want to include such tech in my next texture program.

The best thing you could do without doing anything drastic is to use a design with different colors. (Unfortunately, unlike with the two methods mentioned above, you still won’t have exact matches though, unless your colors are white or black, but they could be close.) The closer your color values are to being a multiple of both 17 and 8, the less you would be able to notice a difference in it once it’s placed on both panels. e.g. using a color value of 16, or 120.

You rule @ SLUGS SLUGS

EDIT: Take a look, I really like where my project is going. With dolphin's temporary texture load, I have replaced the melee to something new but i've yet to find the offset, normally, I think it would be inside steelia's texture dump. I'll look around.

Oh and also, still with dolphin's texture load I have made something I think is quite cool : I changed the non legal stages to greyscale & put sepia on hacked stages with a brief explanation when hovering, so players knows what changes are made. @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 you should put this inside 20XX I think that would be a nice addition.

-> But I need to find the hexadecimal offsets for these two textures, directly changing them on photoshop doesn't work. Something to do with palettes & stuff maybe.

EDIT: Yeah so Steelia's pack doesn't have what I'm looking for, and only has stage icons placement. Stuff like background, lines and cursor are dumped but there isn't any placement offsets, gah
Awesome! I've wanted to do something like that for the banned stages for a while. And I like that there's differentiation on the hacked statges. Descriptions are a good idea too.

Here are the offsets you're looking for:

Mode text in the upper left of CSS (in MsSlChr.usd):
"Melee": 0x343500
"Single-Button": 0x343A80
"Giant": 0x343EC0
"Camera": 0x3442E0
"Fixed-Camera": 0x344700
"Stamina": 0x344B20
"Invisible": 0x344F40
"Lightning": 0x345360
"Super Sudden Death": 0x345780
"Slo-Mo": 0x345BA0
"Tiny": 0x345FC0
"Team Battle": 0x346960
"Event Match": 0x37AF00
"Stadium Home-Run Contest": 0x37B680
"Stadium Multi-Man Melee": 0x37F1E0
"Stadium Target Test": 0x37F960
"Regular All-Star": 0x3800E0
"Regular Classic": 0x3806E0
"Regular Adventure": 0x380CE0
"Training": 0x3812E0
(@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 ^ Seems like something you'd have a use for.)

And on the SSS (MsSlMap.usd):
Those bordering lines going around everything: 0x36340

"Stage Select" text: 0x6A740

Last edited:

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
Theoretically, yes, it’s fixable; but in practical terms it would be difficult with today’s texture hacking technology. It's caused by the innate way color values are stored in the _5 type. If a pixel doesn't need the alpha channel, it will divvy up the bits that would have been used for alpha to the other color values in order to increase their color depth and allow them a larger variety of colors. If a pixel uses alpha, its RGB values will use 4 bits each (with a numbering that increases in value by 17; i.e. 1 = 17, 2 = 34, etc., all the way up to a value of 255) , and if it doesn't need the alpha channel, its RGB values will use 5 bits each (meaning a numbering that increases in value by 8). All of the pixels on the lower-left panel have some transparency, while most on the right don't, so you get a slightly different conversion of the color values (from the standard 8 or 16 bits that your original image's pixels would use) between the two halves.

For example, consider the typical scale where you have a max color value of 0xFF, or 255 (your standard 8-bit (1 byte) color depth). Imagine you have a hex color value that’s, say, #0000C2, which gives a blue value of 194. The closest value to that using 4 bits is 1011, which actually equates to 187 (194/17 = 11.41, but decimals can’t be represented with the 4 bits, so it rounds down (at least I assume it wouldn’t round up, which I think would be strange), and 11 x 17 = 187). However, the closest value using 5 bits (better “color fidelity” you could say) is 11000 (194/8 = 24.25, 24 x 8 = 192). So after the two conversions to RGBA/RGB for the two panels, you got 187 and 192 from the same color value.

I believe there are multiple ways this could be fixed, but unfortunately the two best ways are technical & complicated, and would be tedious to do manually (but I can explain them if you want). Doing things programmatically on the other hand makes it totally feasible, and I want to include such tech in my next texture program.

The best thing you could do without doing anything drastic is to use a design with different colors. (Unfortunately, unlike with the two methods mentioned above, you still won’t have exact matches though, unless your colors are white or black, but they could be close.) The closer your color values are to being a multiple of both 17 and 8, the less you would be able to notice a difference in it once it’s placed on both panels. e.g. using a color value of 16, or 120.

Awesome! I've wanted to do something like that for the banned stages for a while. And I like that there's differentiation on the hacked statges. Descriptions are a good idea too.

Here are the offsets you're looking for:

Mode text in the upper left of CSS (in MsSlChr.usd):
"Melee": 0x343500
"Single-Button": 0x343A80
"Giant": 0x343EC0
"Camera": 0x3442E0
"Fixed-Camera": 0x344700
"Stamina": 0x344B20
"Invisible": 0x344F40
"Lightning": 0x345360
"Super Sudden Death": 0x345780
"Slo-Mo": 0x345BA0
"Tiny": 0x345FC0
"Team Battle": 0x346960
"Event Match": 0x37AF00
"Stadium Home-Run Contest": 0x37B680
"Stadium Multi-Man Melee": 0x37F1E0
"Stadium Target Test": 0x37F960
"Regular All-Star": 0x3800E0
"Regular Classic": 0x3806E0
"Regular Adventure": 0x380CE0
"Training": 0x3812E0
(@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 ^ Seems like something you'd have a use for.)

And on the SSS (MsSlMap.usd):
Those bordering lines going around everything: 0x36340

"Stage Select" text: 0x6A740

The correct filetype is applied (_0) there's no other color than white... Uh...

Oh also DRGN, what I want to do with the border and stage select (replaced by the stage striking) is change the colors in some way, because they can't load colors when I change the file using cs6, how can I do that ? The first thing that came in my mind was changing the colors with hexadecimal changes but...

Also I'm still missing the round stage presentation on the left, if someone has it...

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Did you turn off Dolphin's texture load feature? I'm sure that's the right offset.

And you mean Photoshop CS6? Yeah, those textures don't have color. Not only that but their types don't even support color. It has to be changed like those in the changing color effects thread, but I don't know the offsets for those. If you want to learn how to find the image header and other properties related to the texture, you might be able to find it that way.

Round stage presentation? What's the original texture look like?

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
Did you turn off Dolphin's texture load feature? I'm sure that's the right offset.

And you mean Photoshop CS6? Yeah, those textures don't have color. Not only that but their types don't even support color. It has to be changed like those in the changing color effects thread, but I don't know the offsets for those. If you want to learn how to find the image header and other properties related to the texture, you might be able to find it that way.

Round stage presentation? What's the original texture look like?
Uh, well I don't know how to call this, it's the round stage select logo on the bottom left, do you see ?

So, I've asked Anutim about offsets and placement & he gave me quite the stuff :

Yo. Unfortunately I forgot to document some things and haven't really bothered looking them up again but here are some things I have written down and if you're gonna look up the 3D bg start searching from the back of the file, I'm fairly certain it used 808080FF.

CSS:

000948 - 80 80 80 FF 00 0B 1A FF FF FF FF BG
349008 - 07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94 Top
348E88 - 07 07 07 07 83 8F 94 00 83 8F 94 Bottom
348F48 - 07 07 07 07 92 9E A3 00 92 9E A3 Settings bar

Name entry:
10120 - 07 07 07 07 FF 33 33 (Red outline, I think)

Textures:

0002F760 - _624092e7 Character Ports

00343500 - _e1c97b19_0 Various **** ("Melee", "Teams" and top/bottom frames (with VS logo))
00346960 - _e0ba82c8_0
0004baa0 - _8884700b_0

SSS:

6D250 – 80 80 80 FF B3 B3 B3 FF FF FF FF FF 3E 99 99 9A 42 48 00 (weird background things)
6EE10 – 80 80 80 FF 99 B3 B3 FF FF FF FF FF 3F 7F BE 77 42 48 00 (Stage Select cursor)
6F100 – FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 3F 7F BE 77 42 48 00 (One of the alternating colors when hovering over a stage)
96C40 - 07 07 07 04 FF FF FF 00 FF FF FF (Text)
95A70 – 80 80 80 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 42 48 00 (Stage Select text at the bottom right)
95B10 – 80 80 80 FF CC CC CC FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 42 48 00 (Stage Select text inside circle)
95BE0 – 80 80 80 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 3F 7F BE 77 42 48 00 (White lines the make the border around the stages and make the smash symbol)

Textures:

0006A740 - _e5a39994 ~Stage select text
00038840 - _c3dd49c9 ~Stage select logo

00002880 - _2b17b3eb ~Weird background thingies
00000880 - _015152cd ~Real background, homie

00036340 - _1566b71f ~Lines in the BG

00051f40 - _0fcf77cb ~Hover over stage texts
000599c0 - _1ee86e2e
0003f940 - _2fd673c2
00042a40 - _4a3f169a
0004a4c0 - _4abc56a0
00048c40 - _6fa0b492
000442c0 - _9c46ac0a
00067640 - _32e0e637
000568c0 - _84e90cca
00045b40 - _86ab82d2
0005cac0 - _337a2e9e
00058140 - _507d5e8b
00065dc0 - _3893ca9f
0005b240 - _9267e983
0005fbc0 - _93071b93
000506c0 - _185739c1
00064540 - _642222f7
0005e340 - _868879be
0004bd40 - _a1deb69c
0004d5c0 - _a4d22d5f
000411c0 - _bcdf8389
00068ec0 - _bec9ccd0
000473c0 - _c8feee7d
00061440 - _d4bd4524
0003c840 - _d6c59dff
0003e0c0 - _dea00cc6
0004ee40 - _f7f38304
000537c0 - _f55082db
00062cc0 - _fbbfc90f
00055040 - _27b6c35a

_18f73236 - 0000e2c0 ~Princess Peach's Castle
_5d636413 - 0000f2e0 ~Rainbow Cruise
_82e2135d - 00010300 ~Kongo Jungle
_4c1d8eb2 - 00011320 ~Jungle Japes
_2442a988 - 00012340 ~Termina Bay
_8046d20f - 00013360 ~Hyrule Temple
_9860ba19 - 00014380 ~Brinstar
_19b2382c - 000153a0 ~Brinstar Depths
_33c50df4 - 000163c0 ~Yoshi's Story
_a21e87e6 - 000173e0 ~Yoshi's Island
_ed82e897 - 00018400 ~Fountain of Dreams
_7ad7ee3f - 00019420 ~Green Greens
_2b2bd9fb - 0001a440 ~Corneria
_b373b9d3 - 0001b460 ~Venom
_72d72df7 - 0001c480 ~Pokemon Stadium
_253ca1d2 - 0001d4a0 ~Pokefloats
_3af1e7fa - 0001e4c0 ~Mute City
_d961bea9 - 0001f4e0 ~Big Blue
_de28eab2 - 00020500 ~Onett
_f2bd5d77 - 00021520 ~Fourside
_d52c31ab - 00022540 ~Mushroom Kingdom I
_b2c09c44 - 00023560 ~Mushroom Kingdom II (Subcon)
_ccff205a - 00024580 ~Icicle Mountain
_fdf54cfc - 000255a0 ~Flat Zone[
_42b2b416 - 000265c0 ~Battlefield
_be94a6b1 - 000275e0 ~Final Destination
_c6290e1c - 00028600 ~Past Stages: Dream Land
_c6af55ca - 00029120 ~Past Stages: Yoshi's Island
_9820a4c3 - 00029c40 ~Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

That's cool from him. So if anyone ever need it, there it is.

But. As I tried to replace the stage icons, THIS happened.

I've seen the solution somewhere, I'll search for it. So, as you can see (and I am not using dolphin temporary load) I replaced the stage select logo and the two backgrounds. I still need to change the color of the stage select logo, the borders and the cursor with hex stuff but I cannot find anything when I search for hexadecimal values Anutim gave me, dunno why.

EDIT:

Alright so I am still a ****** that cannot use/search hexadecimals hah, I dunno why I couldn't find the values the first time. I got a speed course on how to change colors with the formats on the effects topic and came up with this:

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Uh, well I don't know how to call this, it's the round stage select logo on the bottom left, do you see ?

So, I've asked Anutim about offsets and placement & he gave me quite the stuff :

Yo. Unfortunately I forgot to document some things and haven't really bothered looking them up again but here are some things I have written down and if you're gonna look up the 3D bg start searching from the back of the file, I'm fairly certain it used 808080FF.

CSS:

Name entry:

Textures:

00343500 - _e1c97b19_0 Various **** ("Melee", "Teams" and top/bottom frames (with VS logo))
00346960 - _e0ba82c8_0
0004baa0 - _8884700b_0

SSS:

6D250 – 80 80 80 FF B3 B3 B3 FF FF FF FF FF 3E 99 99 9A 42 48 00 (weird background things)
6EE10 – 80 80 80 FF 99 B3 B3 FF FF FF FF FF 3F 7F BE 77 42 48 00 (Stage Select cursor)
6F100 – FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 3F 7F BE 77 42 48 00 (One of the alternating colors when hovering over a stage)
95A70 – 80 80 80 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 42 48 00 (Stage Select text at the bottom right)
95B10 – 80 80 80 FF CC CC CC FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 42 48 00 (Stage Select text inside circle)
95BE0 – 80 80 80 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 3F 7F BE 77 42 48 00 (White lines the make the border around the stages and make the smash symbol)

Textures:

000599c0 - _1ee86e2e
0003f940 - _2fd673c2
00042a40 - _4a3f169a
0004a4c0 - _4abc56a0
00048c40 - _6fa0b492
000442c0 - _9c46ac0a
00067640 - _32e0e637
000568c0 - _84e90cca
00045b40 - _86ab82d2
0005cac0 - _337a2e9e
00058140 - _507d5e8b
00065dc0 - _3893ca9f
0005b240 - _9267e983
0005fbc0 - _93071b93
000506c0 - _185739c1
00064540 - _642222f7
0005e340 - _868879be
0004bd40 - _a1deb69c
0004d5c0 - _a4d22d5f
000411c0 - _bcdf8389
00068ec0 - _bec9ccd0
000473c0 - _c8feee7d
00061440 - _d4bd4524
0003c840 - _d6c59dff
0003e0c0 - _dea00cc6
0004ee40 - _f7f38304
000537c0 - _f55082db
00062cc0 - _fbbfc90f
00055040 - _27b6c35a

I've seen the solution somewhere, I'll search for it. So, as you can see (and I am not using dolphin temporary load) I replaced the stage select logo and the two backgrounds. I still need to change the color of the stage select logo, the borders and the cursor with hex stuff but I cannot find anything when I search for hexadecimal values Anutim gave me, dunno why.

EDIT:

Alright so I am still a ****** that cannot use/search hexadecimals hah, I dunno why I couldn't find the values the first time. I got a speed course on how to change colors with the formats on the effects topic and came up with this:

http://smashboards.com/posts/18127181
Solution is a couple posts after.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is there anywhere to download the original stage and character files from the disc? I'm using an ISO that I started editing several years ago and apparently I overwrote a few textures without copying them, and I no longer have a clean rip of the game.

Chayce

Smash Cadet
NNID
C9-TANG
Is there anywhere to download the original stage and character files from the disc? I'm using an ISO that I started editing several years ago and apparently I overwrote a few textures without copying them, and I no longer have a clean rip of the game.
I am in no way, shape or form trying to promote downloading an ISO off of freeroms dot com but if you would like original stage and character textures, downloading a Melee ISO off of freeroms dot com would probably work.

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
Are they character or stage textures? You could download steelias original textures and replace the .dat

DRGN

Technowizard
^ Yeah, what he said.

@ hotdogturtle hotdogturtle link -> :link:

CSS:

Name entry:

Textures:

00346960 - _e0ba82c8_0
0004baa0 - _8884700b_0

SSS:

Textures:

000599c0 - _1ee86e2e
0003f940 - _2fd673c2
00042a40 - _4a3f169a
0004a4c0 - _4abc56a0
00048c40 - _6fa0b492
000442c0 - _9c46ac0a
00067640 - _32e0e637
000568c0 - _84e90cca
00045b40 - _86ab82d2
0005cac0 - _337a2e9e
00058140 - _507d5e8b
00065dc0 - _3893ca9f
0005b240 - _9267e983
0005fbc0 - _93071b93
000506c0 - _185739c1
00064540 - _642222f7
0005e340 - _868879be
0004bd40 - _a1deb69c
0004d5c0 - _a4d22d5f
000411c0 - _bcdf8389
00068ec0 - _bec9ccd0
000473c0 - _c8feee7d
00061440 - _d4bd4524
0003c840 - _d6c59dff
0003e0c0 - _dea00cc6
0004ee40 - _f7f38304
000537c0 - _f55082db
00062cc0 - _fbbfc90f
00055040 - _27b6c35a

EDIT:

Good info.

Guess you've gotta mean this guy?:

MnSlMap.usd_0x38840_2.png

It's at 0x38840

And yeah, the stage icons thing, it's an option in the tpl script like the solution in that other thread says. Or you can use DTW and it'll take care of it. You don't even need to convert them to TPLs; just give it PNGs and it'll figure out what conversions to do for you.

Last edited:

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
That's what I did. I'll check tomorrow.
About the stage select logo, I need the hex offset, not the placement data, assuming that is what you gave me. Oh also, is there a way to import a PNG that will not come up as greyscale ? What I'm looking for is the result on my dolphin texture load screenshot, the second one loads the textures I fed dtw into my file.

The Realest

Smash Cadet
@ krvntn krvntn if i were you id make the "weird background things" transparent, im sure it would make it look better
all you have to do is change
6D250 – 80 80 80 FF B3 B3 B3 FF FF FF FF FF 3E 99 99 9A 42 48 00
to
6D250 - 00 00 00 FF 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 42 48 00

Last edited:

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
No I won't do that, I made a custom gibberish background with the logo & names of the bar, it looks good on a console.

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice

Name: Solid Black Falco
Made by: Skin
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3v51f5vfmugvv2v/PlFcRe+(solid+black+falco,+replaces+red).dat

Name: Grayscale Falco
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2henyf8dlc6peb1/PlFcRe+(grayscale+falco,+replaces+red).dat

Name: Mini Jungle Japes
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jtr5r2rasrvtk7z/GrGd+(Mini+Jungle+Japes+with+fixed+spawns).dat

Name: Dying Star Dreamland
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/pvwt87cu42e2pa2/GrOp+(burnign+star+dreamland).dat
WARNING: The leaves that whispy blows are messed up. When i learn how to fix it i will but for now enjoy.

SSBM_Dan

Smash Rookie
CLG Marth When? :p
But in all seriousness, I'm not good enough at making textures to make it myself, so if anyone can make a CLG Marth, that'd be awesome!

divekicked

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if there is a way to replace a stage with a stage hack that is not meant for it?

CeLL

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if there is a way to replace a stage with a stage hack that is not meant for it?
There are specific functions in the DOL run on specific stages, so doing this just by replacing a file will cause it to crash. You'd have to write a code to switch the filename and stage ID after an icon is picked.

divekicked

Smash Cadet
There are specific functions in the DOL run on specific stages, so doing this just by replacing a file will cause it to crash. You'd have to write a code to switch the filename and stage ID after an icon is picked.
I see. Instead of putting the hack over a different stage, what about the 20XX hacked select screen? Would it be more simple to have the hacked sss redirect to a different file of the same base stage?

CeLL

Smash Lord
I see. Instead of putting the hack over a different stage, what about the 20XX hacked select screen? Would it be more simple to have the hacked sss redirect to a different file of the same base stage?
Changing the SSS file loaded would only change the icons. You'd still need a function to change the stage names as well.

krvntn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cyke_g
@ SnG | Skin SnG | Skin You should try to increase the central platform of jungle japes, If you know how to.

@ DRGN DRGN Tried the png-tpl trick, it worked nice.

Although, now, as I tried to change the hover stage texts, this happened, & the trick above doesn't work ahah, take a look

Makes me think about that stage select logo I need to change.

UPDATE:
Okay so I added some borders on the texts with cs6.

what the ****

EDIT: On a totally different subject, How can I make the announcer say "Rondoudou" (the french name of puff) when selecting Jigglypuff ?

Last edited:

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
@ SnG | Skin SnG | Skin You should try to increase the central platform of jungle japes, If you know how to.
I'm currently working on that, but the notation for stage hacking is really spread out and confusing so im kinda working blind. I was able to move the platforms into the correct place, now i just have to get the collision data right.

Top Bottom