• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337

DRGN

Technowizard
DRGN01-2_cr.png
DRGN01-1_cr.png

Name: Radioactive Eggs
Made By: DRGN
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vnancl5buk02n96/Radioactive_Eggs.zip
Code:
[ATTACH=full]49968[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]49969[/ATTACH]
Name: Radioactive Eggs
Made By: DRGN
Download Link: [URL='http://www.mediafire.com/download/vnancl5buk02n96/Radioactive_Eggs.zip']http://www.mediafire.com/download/vnancl5buk02n96/Radioactive_Eggs.zip[/URL]
I found 13 different locations for egg textures. O_o And I don't know why, because it's really only two different textures in multiple locations (though they affect different things in the game).
Included in the download is a text file that includes the offsets and explains what the different locations are used for (except for in the ItCo files; I still don't know what those are for).

Some other things:

- Egg toss (up-B) and neutral-B are shared among all color Yoshis.
- PlYs** files for different Yoshi colors each have a spot texture. This is shared between side-B and shield, but also means you can have different color Yoshis have different eggs.
- You could have solid-color eggs if you want. Just make the texture is entirely that color and the edges of the texture will be used to fill the rest of the egg.
- The shards texture file in EfCoData is used any time any color Yoshi has an egg break from releasing shield, up-B, side-B, or neutral-B. This kinda sucks, because if you have different shield colors for different color Yoshis, or for different moves, then they can't all match the shards texture. Although if they have similar colors you probably won't really notice it. This is probably fixable with extra coding.

Please halp
Have you looked at this thread?: How to Hack any Texture

I know it looks long, but that's only to break things down, explain more, and hopefully make it simpler and more understandable. If you get stuck on something specific leave a post there, and let me know if there's anything confusing in the guide so I can improve it.

Last edited:

Hawaiian Yankee

Smash Rookie
Added flying animations for the dry bones - I'm surprised there weren't any already. I'm not a great artist or anything but they look fine.

Added shades to boo to match randall, and gave him a crown because its awesome and canon

View attachment 49769
Name:Bedtime Story (Deal with it edition)
Made by: Goose
Download Link Here: https://www.mediafire.com/?gz777rxz7gne0gu

Red Platforms: https://www.mediafire.com/?gz777rxz7gne0gu

I thought about changing boo to dark boo from paper mario but decided it would look ugly.

Sorry for spamming this thread. I really should mull over my ideas before posting, because I always seem to think of an improvement instantly. I'm definitely done with this tho.

Edit: @ Veggies Veggies this one is much better/ more original if you want to just replace the one you put in the first post. Sorry about that =/
Also this is a really really cool map. Did you mean to post the link for the red one twice though?

jacobinaford

Smash Rookie
NNID
jacobinaford
The hyperlink for Barron's Falco is incorrect. The actual text has the correct link, but if you click the link it brings you to his Pink Sheik skin.

Astaroth

Melee-Fan
not important, but: why does the red Captain Falcon (original) have two different symbols on his back?
PICaRe.dat -> Texture 6 -> HELL HAWK
PICaRe.usd -> Texture 6 -> BLOOD HAWK
When does he have which text on his back?
All the other colors (Gr, Bu, ...) have just one

Slyfincleton

Smash Cadet
not important, but: why does the red Captain Falcon (original) have two different symbols on his back?
PICaRe.dat -> Texture 6 -> HELL HAWK
PICaRe.usd -> Texture 6 -> BLOOD HAWK
When does he have which text on his back?
All the other colors (Gr, Bu, ...) have just one
Hell hawk is the Japanese version, It was changed to blood hawk for america/Europe if im not mistaken.

CCS Kid

Smash Rookie
This looks fantastic! Very attractive, the only critique I would make is that the black backdrop on fox/falco messes up the whole visual flow as all of the other character's backgrounds are fairly light in comparison. Nonetheless it looks great all around! Edit: Also I think the platform behind DK's name is slightly off towards the left side

Last edited:

harrisoff

Smash Rookie
This looks fantastic! Very attractive, the only critique I would make is that the black backdrop on fox/falco messes up the whole visual flow as all of the other character's backgrounds are fairly light in comparison. Nonetheless it looks great all around! Edit: Also I think the platform behind DK's name is slightly off towards the left side
Yeah maybe you could replace the black/stars with the shine animation going around the characters and then make it a white background.

Fakes

Smash Apprentice
@ Veggies Veggies @ CCS Kid CCS Kid @ H harrisoff

Veggies I'm with these guys thinking that the black background doesn't really match the rest of the style.
Here's what I was thinking:

just a mockup, i know the text isn't right but I just whipped it together.

The clouds are supposed to be reminiscent of Corneria and the green name plate matches the color scheme from the StarFox 64 Logo.

DRGN

Technowizard

Veggies I'm with these guys thinking that the black background doesn't really match the rest of the style.

The clouds are supposed to be reminiscent of Corneria and the green name plate matches the color scheme from the StarFox 64 Logo.
Where are the source images for that? I like that Falco art more too. Matches with a bunch of the others more.

Fakes

Smash Apprentice
Where are the source images for that? I like that Falco art more too. Matches with a bunch of the others more.
The Falco picture is from this fan art drawing I've had on my PC for a little while (unknown artist), but I got the cloud background from JoonTH on DeviantART. He makes some pretty cool digital landscapes

Last edited:

Veggies

Smash Journeyman

Looks good except the cloud backgrounds also mess up the style of the CSS as all other backgrounds are onetone colors. I'll see about replacing the background, and I definitely like this Falco art a lot more than the one I used.

EvilGandhi224

Smash Rookie
a couple experiments/"doodles" I have made this passed week. Really I was just messing around with the limitations of texture shading and material color. More serious textures to come.

Name: That aint Gmod
Made By: Goatlink
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8h5l7guuj2es8xa/PlFcNr_that_aint_gmod.dat (replaces neutral)

Name: glass cannon falco
Made By: Goatlink
Download Link Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xqtmomifwhk6a3m/PlFcNr_glass.dat (replaces neutral)
That's a sick texture. Nice job.

Last edited:

AndySSBM

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know where that "P4 purple mod" is? I remember seeing a while back and am interested in getting it now.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
how the **** do you replace falcon's orange underneath his jacket
tried searching through the dat by pasting in the hex data for fox's orange and found nothing. makes no sense

OmnipotentSpoon

Smash Cadet
how the **** do you replace falcon's orange underneath his jacket
tried searching through the dat by pasting in the hex data for fox's orange and found nothing. makes no sense
It's a 42 48 color effect located at 7C00 in the PlFcxx.dat file. Should be 80 48 1F FF F7 87 2C FF FF FF FF FF 3F 80 00 00.

emiguelsv

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceMS
Top Bottom