• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

CeLL

Smash Lord
Do we know where all of the stock icons and their palettes are located now? I thought they were too hard to find and that's why people didn't make too many custom ones.
I got them all. http://smashboards.com/posts/18612322/
Only the ones during a match are in IfAll.usd, however. The ones that are on the results screen are in a different file, which I assume is MnSlChr.usd, since while doing some testing I stumbled upon Fox's stock icon image data in there and don't know of any other instances of the stock icons. But I'd imagine that to find where they are in MnSlChr.usd you could just copy the data from IfAll.usd and search for it. I doubt it would be different.

Espi

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone ripped the all star mode battlefield with the different backround? Is it possible to replace normal battlefield with it?

DRGN

Technowizard
Do you guys think we should have a thread for stock icons like we do for CSPs?
I made this for purple Falcon, not very good but better than the default xD (click to get TPL)
Probably. I still think it would be ideal to have them together with the costumes and CSPs, but that would take a lot more work.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I'm not sure if this is where i should ask, but does anyone know what the offsets are for Zelda's moves, or how I should look for them?

oksas

oak-sauce
what aspect of her moves, specifically? if what you want is to edit the hitboxes, check out CrazyHand by Ampers & co (should be one of the top non-stickied threads in Melee Workshop). if you mean graphically, no idea haha

CeLL

Smash Lord
Probably. I still think it would be ideal to have them together with the costumes and CSPs, but that would take a lot more work.
Yeah I really like the below concept (and have actually played around with it, but don't want to actually do anything cool unless I know how to get the file offsets from game.toc, which I don't lol)

• Folder called the costume name
    • Folder called "CSPs"
      • Some number (sometimes 0) of 136x188 PNGs
    • Folder called "Stock Icons"
      • Some number (sometimes 0) of 24x24 PNGs
    • The actual DAT, or in the case of ICs, two DATs (names don't matter, and for ICs you can tell them apart by the file size.
And same thing for stages except just an "SSS Icons" folder with PNGs in it.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
what aspect of her moves, specifically? if what you want is to edit the hitboxes, check out CrazyHand by Ampers & co (should be one of the top non-stickied threads in Melee Workshop). if you mean graphically, no idea haha
I was hoping to change the graphics.
I guess I'll have to go by trial and error.

bicnasty

Smash Rookie
WIP: updated pein (from naruto) marth texture
original one is by ???

still playing around with it

for reference, the original one is here:

Last edited:

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
REQUEST: Stage Selection Screen, have the instructions from the Stage Striking Code on this page visible. It could replace the "STAGE SELECT" text in the bottom right of the screen.

I request this because I make a tournament ISO and I want the players to know there is the Stage Striking available.

code from here: http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-gecko-codes-guide-and-discussion.327311/ , under spoiler Stage Striking

Instructions:
X = ban currently selected stage
Y = ban all stages except these from random.
Z = unban all

Last edited:

Villain

Smash Rookie
Can anyone upload the Vegeta/Saiyan suit Captain Falcon? The earlier upload of this was from megaupload =]

TimpZ

Smash Cadet
REQUEST: Stage Selection Screen, have the instructions from the Stage Striking Code on this page visible. It could replace the "STAGE SELECT" text in the bottom right of the screen.

I request this because I make a tournament ISO and I want the players to know there is the Stage Striking available.

code from here: http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-gecko-codes-guide-and-discussion.327311/ , under spoiler Stage Striking

Instructions:
X = ban currently selected stage
Y = ban all stages except these from random.
Z = unban all
Hey I made this for you:

Which replaces this texture:

I just dumped and edited it so I don't know where the source file is located and thus haven't tried it myself. The dump was called GALE01_e5a39994_0.png which might help? Show me the results!

EDIT: Ops forgot to alpha the image. Here's the source if you'd like to do it yourself in case it's not a good shading:

Last edited:

emiguelsv

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceMS
Sorry, I could not wait. :b:
Name: Yoshi Story ('Deal with it' edition)
Made By: Goxplex (Credits to RazzleDazzle for the idea)
Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cww1kqgffenp51/Yoshi Story (Deal with it edition) by Goxplex.zip?dl=0
I'm slowly getting into texture hacking, so forgive me if there is something I'm missing, but I've been looking in this thread and haven't found what I'm looking for. I want to edit Randall's texture. I tried using Melee Toolkit the same way I would to edit a character's textures, but I see now that it's a different process. Could you please ellaborate on how to edit Randall's texture?

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
I'm slowly getting into texture hacking, so forgive me if there is something I'm missing, but I've been looking in this thread and haven't found what I'm looking for. I want to edit Randall's texture. I tried using Melee Toolkit the same way I would to edit a character's textures, but I see now that it's a different process. Could you please ellaborate on how to edit Randall's texture?
Read the FAQ.

emiguelsv

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceMS
Last edited:

Curve

Smash Rookie
I am new to this but is there a way to get those textures in the game but without removing the old textures? Like in the 20xx hack pack you can use the original skins and you can press L/R to get to different skins? Is there any way to do that but with your own skins that you put in

CeLL

Smash Lord
I am new to this but is there a way to get those textures in the game but without removing the old textures? Like in the 20xx hack pack you can use the original skins and you can press L/R to get to different skins? Is there any way to do that but with your own skins that you put in
Yes but it requires some ASM coding, but luckily Zankyou put together a code already. http://smashboards.com/posts/18347007

Last edited:

emiguelsv

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceMS
Here's my second pair. Originally intended to do the White version only, but realized the Grey one could fit in well too, though the whole idea looked better in my mind haha. I'm not fully satisfied with them, so I'm up to suggestions. That being said, I present you: Lunar Falcon.

Lunar White Falcon [PlCaWh]
Iluikatl
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/abg038obrcihd4n/CaWhite.rar

Lunar Grey Falcon [PlCaGy]
Iluikatl
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9hunoyoi9udo0sr/CaGrey.rar

Fixed the formatting, @ mooki mooki . Thanks.

R.I.P.

Smash Cadet
The Ice Climbers selection is kinda... meh.

Also, why are customs specific to colors? < That made no sense. Basically, if I want a lot of the IC customs, it requires replacing the default, which I like the most. Why couldn't they replace the green color or something? Or why can't I keep both?

CeLL

Smash Lord
The Ice Climbers selection is kinda... meh.

Also, why are customs specific to colors? < That made no sense. Basically, if I want a lot of the IC customs, it requires replacing the default, which I like the most. Why couldn't they replace the green color or something? Or why can't I keep both?
The game somehow can tell the difference between the colors based on the data in the file, and afaik we don't understand how and thus can't switch them except by taking the file for a different color and putting all the textures from a different file into it.

Last edited:

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Hi, I just made this one on my spare time. Just a black eagle, with a peruvian touch (on chest), lol.

I also like to mention that I figure out the reason of why the texture wasn't coming out as all black but slightly blue specially when moving the camera around. I believe the reason for this is because on the material color node at offset 0x08 there's a value that probably corresponds to ambient lighting color value. I think this is the value that the game uses to paint kind of a light shadow color over the character at certain angles. I figured this out because the hex value 0080ccff that was there for each texture was a light blue color just like regular falco. You can use this: http://www.rgbtohex.net/hextorgb/ to figure out the color for each value. I believe this is a 16bit value 4bits for each color and last one represents the alpha channel.

black_eagle.png

Name: Black eagle [PiFcRe]
Made By:Hell aka Oskurito
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xg8a2v82rjelysw/PlFcRe.dat

Last edited:

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 42408

Hi, I just made this one on my spare time. Just a black eagle, with a peruvian touch (on chest), lol.

I also like to mention that I figure out the reason of why the texture wasn't coming out as all black but slightly blue specially when moving the camera around. I believe the reason for this is because on the material color node at offset 0x08 there's a value that probably corresponds to ambient lighting color value. I think this is the value that the game uses to paint kind of a light shadow color over the character at certain angles. I figured this out because the hex value 0080ccff that was there for each texture was a light blue color just like regular falco. You can use this: http://www.rgbtohex.net/hextorgb/ to figure out the color for each value. I believe this is a 16bit value 4bits for each color and last one represents the alpha channel.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xg8a2v82rjelysw/PlFcRe.dat
put it in right format

DRGN

Technowizard
All of the Purin packs are broke, likely due to use of the (REALLY CRAPPY DO NOT USE) rich text editor.
-----
Although when I went searching for the CSP Compendium I found some old texture related things.
http://smashboards.com/threads/meleetool-1-3.293653/
http://smashboards.com/threads/kirbytool-replace-textures.293227/

@ DRGN DRGN ?
Thanks. I don't think I'll include the first, since DTW can do the same if not more. Although the KirbyTool could still be useful for some things, so I could link that. The original download link there is dead, but luckily I already have a copy I could re-upload.

CeLL

Smash Lord
It lS in the correct format, and was not broken until the OP redesign. This time, it's not on me.

tl;dr I'll just leave it alone ;) I got it right the first time.
I was actually pretty hyped to get some recolors for Purin but the links in your posts give me a 404 from Dropbox. :(

Btw @ Veggies Veggies I have a post a bit back you probably remember that will let you copy paste to fix the hyperlinks in the OP. (Though apparently the links themselves are broken)

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
I was actually pretty hyped to get some recolors for Purin but the links in your posts give me a 404 from Dropbox. :(

Btw @ Veggies Veggies I have a post a bit back you probably remember that will let you copy paste to fix the hyperlinks in the OP. (Though apparently the links themselves are broken)
Yeah I did that before and they worked, but everytime I change any after that they break.

Last edited:

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
I have a request for a texture hack! If someone could make a spiky eared Pichu texture hack, I would love you forever!

Top Bottom