• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Kohai

Smash Rookie
When I try to replace this skin for Marth's alt in 20xx (TyLink.dat) It won't load and the game is in limbo.
I opened the skin in MeleeToolkit and when I open it, it says this "Unhandled exception has occured in your program" and then a big log shows up in details. Does this skin work for anyone?

I really like this skin and am sad I'm having trouble with it. The other alt skins I put on falcon and fox work perfect.

Kohai

Smash Rookie
When I try to replace this skin for Marth's alt in 20xx (TyLink.dat) It won't load and the game is in limbo.
I opened the skin in MeleeToolkit and when I open it, it says this "Unhandled exception has occured in your program" and then a big log shows up in details. Does this skin work for anyone?

I really like this skin and am sad I'm having trouble with it. The other alt skins I put on falcon and fox work perfect.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman

Why are you asking something about 20XX here?

Kohai

Smash Rookie
It's still a skin texture I want to add to my 20XX. Also The CATS Marth does not work on my regular melee, all of the other textures work however.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
It's still a skin texture I want to add to my 20XX. Also The CATS Marth does not work on my regular melee, all of the other textures work however.
Only certain textures work for 20XX, and this isn't a 20XX texture hack thread, it is just a general texture hack thread. If you want help with a certain subject that has it's own thread, ask there.

Kohai

Smash Rookie
Only certain textures work for 20XX, and this isn't a 20XX texture hack thread, it is just a general texture hack thread. If you want help with a certain subject that has it's own thread, ask there.
Ok, that is fine and I will do that. Also, I can't get the CATS Marth skin to work on a NON 20XX melee. Noone has reported an issue with that skin at all?

randomname

Smash Rookie
I noticed that the Ronald Mcfalcon zip is empty when I downloaded it. Is there someone out there that is kind enough to upload a new one?

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
I have a really small hack here, but it's kinda fun.

Name: Insignias in the Wind
Made By: DRGN
Download Link Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_8_pepv8chcM2FmbUdHV2k3dE0/edit?usp=sharing

Looks cool when you're dashing around, lol. I figure you could stick it in the "Misc." section. (You guys don't think this is too small a hack to include here, do you?)

Also, I noticed you don't have the DBZ "Ready... GO!" intro up, so here's that too.

Name: DBZ "Ready... GO!" match intro
Made By: ??
Download Link Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_8_pepv8chcYmRHUUhmajVCR1U/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have a really small hack here, but it's kinda fun.

Name: Insignias in the Wind
Made By: DRGN
Download Link Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_8_pepv8chcM2FmbUdHV2k3dE0/edit?usp=sharing

Looks cool when you're dashing around, lol. I figure you could stick it in the "Misc." section. (You guys think this is too small a hack to be added here?)

Also, I noticed you don't have the DBZ "Ready... GO!" intro up, so here's that too.

Name: DBZ "Ready... GO!" match intro
Made By: ??
Download Link Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_8_pepv8chcYmRHUUhmajVCR1U/edit?usp=sharing
DRGN, I can't see any of the pictures linked to your Dropbox. It says I don't have permission...

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
That's strange, I set their sharing option to "Anyone who has the link...." Guess that's only for taking people to a page to view the image, and the rule doesn't carry over to hotlinking. Anyway, thanks for letting me know, I've fixed the links.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm in the process of making a Kirby skin, but every time he blinks he changes back to the costume's default color. How do fix? :C
You might be running into the issue that the Melee Toolkit does not "find" all the textures for certain characters. So when you use it to edit textures, the ones it doesn't show you will still be the default textures.

Download the appropriateKirby source texture pack by Steelia, and compare the amount of textures in that pack with the amount that the Melee Toolkit shows.

Examples of the Melee Toolkit missing textures is Marth's cape logo and a few of Falco's eye textures. I'm sure there's a bunch more.

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Can anyone do stages? I am simply looking for every neutral stage with either White, Grey or Black background (no animation).

Goxplex

Smash Apprentice

Blue Fox (Lavender)
Made by: Goxplex
Download

---------------------------------------------

Green Fox (Green)
Download

Red Fox (Orange)
Download

Yellow Fox (Neutral)
Made by: ??? ported and edited by Goxplex
Download

Last edited:

Its_Alpaca

Smash Apprentice

Blue Fox (Lavender)
Download

Green Fox (Green)
Download

Red Fox (Orange)
Download

Yellow Fox (Neutral)
Made by: ??? ported and edited by Goxplex
Download
These are bad ass, man.

C-stick Gaming

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to change the costume slot it goes over just by changing the name or do you have to do something ealse aswell

Its_Alpaca

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to change the costume slot it goes over just by changing the name or do you have to do something ealse aswell
I don't think just changing the file name works, as I've tried it and it just results in a crash.

I'm not too sure on specifics but you should be able to change the file on your own with the Melee Toolkit

Berble

Smash Apprentice
Veggies didn't you have a pack for download that included all the Fox and Falco recolors of each other? I thought I remember seeing it but I can't find it. Let me know thanks

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I just discovered this thread today and I knew I had to contribute with my own work. So here's my texture hack ready for you to include in your Melee ISO (with CSP included too!)

Baby Blue Costume from Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U
Here's a preview of the CSP:

Name: Baby Blue Mario
Costume it Covers: Jumpman (Blue Mario)
Created by: Luddoj
Texture: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2p9bd8958yqmk22/PlMrBu.dat
CSP TPL File: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ep110rlxgth9sv9/Mario_Baby_Blue_CSP.tpl

Hope you enjoy! Probably will be making more in the future. I wanted to try and make that NES Tournament Mario costume ('Murica Mario)

Last edited:

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
I just discovered this thread today and I knew I had to contribute with my own work. So here's my texture hack ready for you to include in your Melee ISO (with CSP included too!)

Baby Blue Costume from Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U
Here's a preview of the CSP:

And finally, the download links:
Texture: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2p9bd8958yqmk22/PlMrBu.dat
CSP TPL File: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ep110rlxgth9sv9/Mario_Baby_Blue_CSP.tpl

Hope you enjoy! Probably will be making more in the future. I wanted to try and make that NES Tournament Mario costume ('Murica Mario)
put it in the proper format

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom