• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

KPPAplays

Smash Cadet
NNID
captgentelmen
3DS FC
9444-2234-2355
my percentage is f'd up
i fight then suddenly me and my cpu percentage to %7 / %5 and when me or my cpu hit each other it goes to normal

Mcubed

Smash Rookie
my percentage is f'd up
i fight then suddenly me and my cpu percentage to %7 / %5 and when me or my cpu hit each other it goes to normal
are you using 20XX? it may be the combo counter as percentages thing that is reseting it

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
I need help and idk where else to go, I keep trying to add skins to 20xx, I downloaded melee toolkit, I replaced the DAT file, I imported the file on GCRebuilder, but everytime I put the sd card back into the wii, I'm stuck with the regular starter skins. HELP DAWG!

sadweather

Smash Apprentice
I need help and idk where else to go, I keep trying to add skins to 20xx, I downloaded melee toolkit, I replaced the DAT file, I imported the file on GCRebuilder, but everytime I put the sd card back into the wii, I'm stuck with the regular starter skins. HELP DAWG!
All I did was down;oad the file, open gcrebuilder, export the old one and rename it, and import the new one, and that worked. Did you make sure to export the old one?

kardus

Smash Rookie
Is the process for replacing/swapping skins any different for 20XX vs a vanilla iso (as 20XX already comes with additional textures that are used when pressing L/R)? What would be the process to add additional textures to skins/colours that don't have any in 20XX?

sadweather

Smash Apprentice
Is the process for replacing/swapping skins any different for 20XX vs a vanilla iso (as 20XX already comes with additional textures that are used when pressing L/R)? What would be the process to add additional textures to skins/colours that don't have any in 20XX?
If You want to replace the original colors and not the alternate ones, you can just replace those like normal. there will be ones that have the same name, but look for the one with the same file extension as well. I don't know how to add more additional textures, I'm sorry.

kardus

Smash Rookie
If You want to replace the original colors and not the alternate ones, you can just replace those like normal. there will be ones that have the same name, but look for the one with the same file extension as well. I don't know how to add more additional textures, I'm sorry.
I would like to keep the originals, I only want to swap/replace some of the custom ones included in 20XX. I don't necessarily need to have more than 2 alts per colour, but I would like to know if its possible to add alts to colours that don't have any already.

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
5372b38e-a59b-4fa6-8fbd-c6a492b9b030.jpg
Thanks I got it boooyyyy :D I actually wanted to replace the new skins and not the regular ones. So theres a falcon file that is PiCaRe.Dat and PiCaRe.usd, Do I put the new skin over the Dat one even tho the file I downloaded says usd?

kardus

Smash Rookie
View attachment 85463 Thanks I got it boooyyyy :D I actually wanted to replace the new skins and not the regular ones. So theres a falcon file that is PiCaRe.Dat and PiCaRe.usd, Do I put the new skin over the Dat one even tho the file I downloaded says usd?
Achilles answered this for me in the 20XX thread. Assuming you're using the 4.0 beta you need to replace/add the .lat (L-Alt) or .rat files (R-alt). The filename itself (not the extension) should match. So if you wanted this to be the left-trigger alternate skin it should be named 'PlCaRe.lat'. I'd imagine you need to make sure the cAsE is the same too.

.lat = left
.rat = right
.dat = default

Last edited:

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
Achilles answered this for me in the 20XX thread. Assuming you're using the 4.0 beta you need to replace/add the .lat (L-Alt) or .rat files (R-alt). The filename itself (not the extension) should match. So if you wanted this to be the left-trigger alternate skin it should be named 'PlCaRe.lat'. I'd imagine you need to make sure the cAsE is the same too.

.lat = left
.rat = right
.dat = default
Ight so I have a red ranger skin for falcon it says PiCaRe.usd all I have to do is rename it PiCaRe.lat?

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
Ight so I have a red ranger skin for falcon it says PiCaRe.usd all I have to do is rename it PiCaRe.lat?
Red Falcon is the only exception to the rule, so you name them as follows:

PlCaRr.usd = Right Alt
PlCaRl.usd = Left Alt

Last edited:

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
And where do I import the file onto on GCRebuilder, over the regular .usd?
Nah, these are separate files added into the ISO when you build 20XX 4.0b. You import them onto the files with the same name that already exist in the modified ISO.

Keep in mind that the costume alts already exist in 20XX 4.0b, you're just replacing them.

Last edited:

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
Oh I have the old 20xx iso what do I do on that one
In 20XX 3.02, Alt Costumes replace trophy files, and there's a table of what replaces which in the OP. This should really be in the 20XX thread.

For Red Falcon, the alt costume is PlCaRe.dat, meaning that, to replace the alt costume, you would take a PlCaRe.usd and change the name to PlCaRe.dat (If you overwrote PlCaRe.usd, you would just overwrite the default costume!). I converted the USD to DAT using Melee Toolkit, but I believe you can just rename the file, since the data structure is essentially the same.

Top Bottom