• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Tournament Results Thread

steep

Smash Lord
I played one game with Ally last saturday. He posed a simple question: "What can Mario do against Snake's Ftilt?" And I realized that the answer was a depressing "Not much." Thoughts?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Shield, Up-B. If you perfect shield it you don't even have to do that, you could just grab, or Up-B. Whichever.

Just guard it, although you can bait it and punish pretty easily too.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I played one game with Ally last saturday. He posed a simple question: "What can Mario do against Snake's Ftilt?" And I realized that the answer was a depressing "Not much." Thoughts?
I think jab or ftilt clangs with it.

BSP

Smash Legend
If you are positive that it is coming, you could even roll before he gets into range. Just make sure that you are sure he's just going to Ftilt.

If your jab or ftilt starts clanking with it, mash UpB quickly and you should win out.

Snake's Ftilt has range and raw power, but we can do something about it.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Yeeeahh, I played him yesterday, I got roughly the same result, jab or no jab. I can't think of any times where I outright won out against an Ftilt... Besides of which if you clang against an ftilt and Up-B, I'm pretty sure if you miss you're outright ****ed.

Still, dealing with Snake in the air is a lot more doable, even if I couldn't take Ally's second stock away. Also I'm an idiot and never F.L.U.D.D.'d a Snake - I didn't fight many, and only in teams, but right now I'm just sad I forgot to.

Speaking of which I got 4th in Teams and 7th in bracket at a tournament. Lost to 1st(Ally's Pit) and 5th(A Falco). Results here.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Some of us Huntington guys were actually considering going to that Super, but we all had girl johns I believe.

We might make it to the next MI thing though.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
That's too bad. Fighting Ally really makes you think as hard as you can, although his Pit isn't nearly as formidable - I nearly had him licked when I SD'd rather ridiculously when I flubbed my straight-angled Up-B and sent myself in the opposite direction, sealing my fate rather horridly.

Obviously by taking a game off his Pit I would have eaten his Snake through a tube, but it would have been quite a highlight.

- rko -

Smash Apprentice
Sup Marioes, its been a while since I've posted results. But juss to let u guyzzz kno, I'm not inactive and I've been to 2 tourneyzzz since mah last post here which the results are not worth posting cuz I didn't make it to bracket at both tourneyzzz and the poule cutoffzzz are not included in the results ( I could post it in case people dnt believe me ). But for now, I'll leave ya with these results of the latest tourney I've been to:

http://www.smash-bros.nl/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=933&p=52691#p52691
9th/35: Mario/Tink
Was gonna go full Tink dis tourney and not use Mario at all, but I ragequited him halfway through poules and went full Mario afterwards xD

Poules (5 man poule)

L Mr.R (MK) 0-2 with Tink/Mario.
W Ion (Zelda/Pit) 2-0 with Tink
W Morio (G&W) 2-1 with Mario. Lost game 1 with Tink and that was the part where I ragequited him and went full Mario only to bring it back game 2 & 3.
W Gymmo (DDD) 2-0 with Mario.

Bracket

L iStudying (Diddy/Wario) 0-2
W Xonar (ZSS/MK) 2-0
L (S!C) (Wario) 0-2

Veggi

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I forgot to post this.

FGCU Presents: Nub Adcademy 13 (Final Exam Week)

2nd out of 16

Characters used: Mario, Peach, Dedede

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321114

I'm just happy because I won teams and I beat Viper in a set. X_x

Edit: I also forgot other things.

Got third in round 1 pools at APEX with Mario and DK. Which...I guess isn't that bad.

GDX & Next Level Lan Presents: 5 Dollar Footdives 3/17/12

7th out of 23

Characters used: Mario, Dedede

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319922

steep

Smash Lord
Good luck Coolwhip! Where is the tournament you are going to? And what tournament are you going to in July and August Xero?

steep

Smash Lord
Hm… I'm thinking about going to the big one in SB… you are going for sure Xero? How far from the venue are you? Are you just commuting each day?

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'm like 2 hours from the venue, I'm not entirely sure on the plans yet because we are also supposed to move into our apartment the day of the tournament.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Took first at a 14~ person tournament going probably around 25% Mario yesterday. Won like, $50 too. I went mostly Bowser, but I used Mario for a good 4 or so games and won them all. Dont have a results thread cuz it was just a random small tournament, but just thought Id share to let you all know Im still repping the plumber ;)

BSP

Smash Legend
Took first at a 14~ person tournament going probably around 25% Mario yesterday. Won like, $50 too. I went mostly Bowser, but I used Mario for a good 4 or so games and won them all. Dont have a results thread cuz it was just a random small tournament, but just thought Id share to let you all know Im still repping the plumber ;)
Links or it didn't happen ;)

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
33rd/75

Results Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323963

I have a legitimate MK problem. I got 2nd seed in my pool going pretty much all Mario, and then was thrown into bracket against 2 MKs. In my first set, I probably would've won if I would have just gone Mario instead of ZSS game 1. (Still almost won that set).

I'm working on ZSS for matchups that I'm not yet comfortable playing in tournament with Mario. Namely MK, DDD, Snake, and Falco (I actually prefer the matchup with ZSS even though it's not great). Most other matchups I will go Mario, especially Oli, ICs, or Diddy.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I prefer it soooooooooo much more. As alright as I am at the Mario vs. MK matchup I hate to play it. I'm not as good at the matchup yet with ZSS, but my skill with that character has been improving very quickly and significantly so before long I plan to use her for several matchups.

Not to mention my biggest problem in the matchup is actually killing the guy at a reasonable percent. I essentially have to play perfectly so I don't die at an early percent, because if I do there is almost no coming back without a lucky gimp. ZSS doesn't really have this problem, she can kill quickly with like 3 moves that are all pretty easy to land.

EDIT: Super was at that tourney too btw. Don't know what he placed though, they gotta update the results.

TMario

Smash Apprentice
Hey! So, I popped my tourny cherry, participated in my first one today! It was a smaller one, like 16 people... but still. Met some new players, skills about the same as mine, awesome time. AND went Mario the whole way... lost to my friend who uses Falco. I swear, Falco is the bane of my existence....

- Glass City All Stars Tourny
- http://www.glasscityallstars.webs.com
- June 23, 2012
- 16 participants
- 2nd Place: TMario

It was more of a community get-together thing than the regular kind of tournys posted on these boards. Like, it was 5-stock best 2 of 3 and the only maps were BF and FD. But still, it was my first tourny, I'm glad to have participated.

steep

Smash Lord
So Matador and I entered a wifi tourney with 24 entrants… Last I heard, he was in GF against a Wario. lol Matador doin' work. I wanna know if he won though so please name search this or check the boards dude! lol

Btw I didn't do so hot… Lost first set, won second set, lost third set. I shoulda gone Olimar… lol

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
So Matador and I entered a wifi tourney with 24 entrants… Last I heard, he was in GF against a Wario. lol Matador doin' work. I wanna know if he won though so please name search this or check the boards dude! lol

Btw I didn't do so hot… Lost first set, won second set, lost third set. I shoulda gone Olimar… lol
lol wifi tourney.

I'm guessing that wario player is warfty, Maybe wrong however.
I should of joined myself since i was giving an invitation to join. MK BANN!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

He beat me, so I only got second. Once I stopped getting hit by wafts, I started doing a lot better. I forgot to ban Frigate though and the platform killed me last stock while I was up 42%. Was probably the dumbest death I've ever had.

I used upB OOS vs his Dair and as I was DIing to the platform on the right, it started rising so I just slowly fell through. He had just wasted a waft too and he was getting frustrated cuz Usmash was stuffing everything he did, so I was probably gonna take that match.

But w/e.

Top Bottom