• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Tournament Results Thread

BSP

Smash Legend
Shame that that update took so little time

Send in results :mad:

Edit: I really love how the Red in the OP looks in Classic Blue

steep

Smash Lord
Went through and found some tourneys that aren't in the OP and I thought I'd post them here!

School is in Session 5 - Out of 63 entrants (and 22 teams) - 6/13/2011 (Cincinatti, OH)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305200

Singles - 41st steep :mario2:
Doubles - 17th steep :mario2: + Kamon :dk2:

GP Affairs 4 - 16 entrants (and 5 teams) - 7/17/2011 (Bloomington, IN)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307230

Singles - 13th steep :mario2:
Doubles - 2nd steep :mario2:/:luigi2: + Joey :gw: $30

School is in Session 6 - out of 70 entrants (25 teams) - 9/26/2011 (Cincinatti, OH)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311446

Singles - 61st steep :mario2:
Doubles - 17th steep :mario2:/:luigi2: + DRDN :sonic:/:diddy: (I think?)

I will be adding GP Affairs 5 as soon as The Compos3r posts it.

steep

Smash Lord
So the last tourney I went to lost the results… Lame because I got 2nd in doubles and went 1-2 in singles bracket. Lost to Hilt 0-2 (Olimar) in close games, beat Th3_Compos3r (Samus) 2-1, then lost to Sorasin (Falco) 0-2.

steep

Smash Lord
Can't wait to see boss, matador, famous & kirin's results.

EDIT: and 2fast as well. AND STEEP'S RESULTS
Fixed for you

EDIT:

Apex 2012:

Doubles Out of 128 Teams -

97th steep :mario2: and Drk Pch :peach:

Singles Out of 400 entrants

Didn't make it out of R1 Pools… Idk what that means for placing? lol tied for 400th with like 240 other people. lol

- rko -

Smash Apprentice

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I'm trying to attend a tourney in Michigan on the 11th. I'll need to somehow hitch a ride from some illinoians though.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I was thinking about going to that but then everybody wanted to go to Bloomington.

I'm not going to argue though, it's gonna be sooooooo much more fun.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I was thinking about going to that but then everybody wanted to go to Bloomington.

I'm not going to argue though, it's gonna be sooooooo much more fun.

Honestly I don't even know what the name is for either of these tournaments lol. Coco just told me there's one in Michigan next week and some peeps from IL are going.

BSP

Smash Legend
I have a tournament tomorrow. I will definitely use Mario in low tiers, and I may use him in bracket if I face :diddy:

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
hey guys... I am going to be maining Mario (and maybe.. maybe my other Main G&W) in my upcoming regional tournament in Western MA. My Mario isn't terrible, but it was only used a little bit in my last tourney. I am honestly going to make a valiant effort to represent Mario more as I try to get better at Brawl, and I hope you guys welcome me and I do you proud.

BSP

Smash Legend
*welcomes*

Sounds good man. Just ask around if you have any questions and check out the mario video thread to see what other marios do in certain situations.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have a tournament on the 11th, might bring out some Mario if I get the chance.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
So after much consideration I have decided to pursue Mario as my "main" and pocket my G&W as a backup main. Although my G&W is much much stronger over the years, my recent development in Mario's metagame is giving me some hopes of trying to do well in my upcoming "Smashachusetts III" regional tourney I'm hosting. Make sure to pray I don't suffer too much from T/O fatigue lol

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Me and :mario2: just took first at... well, my own tournament, but it was against most of the prominent West MI, even if that really only accounts for 7 people(plus two randoms).

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318651

:fox: was used in Winners' Finals against a ZSS once, if you cared to ask how much he was used in the tournament. Grand Finals, and really about 90% of the tournament, was straight Mario.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I came 2nd out of 16 in a Low Tier tournament last weekend going 90% Mario (I used a little bit of Bowser). No results thread or anything though, so you'll just have to take my word for it lolz.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I came 2nd out of 16 in a Low Tier tournament last weekend going 90% Mario (I used a little bit of Bowser). No results thread or anything though, so you'll just have to take my word for it lolz.
yoshi mains have pocket marios.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hey man, this pocket Mario is almost at my Yoshi's level now, it even has the same caliber of wins under it's belt almost. Now I just need to get my Weegee and Bowser on that level...

steep

Smash Lord
I'm going to two tourneys in late March/early April so I should have some more results to add to this thread.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
-Five Dollar Footdives
-http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319922
-3/17/12
-23 Entrants
-5th Place, Sensei, Mario

Starting to get back in the swing of things with tournaments. I was on hiatus for a while.

TMario

Smash Apprentice
Ok! First time posting in this thread! (and I know it's not gonna count either)

Small tourny came up, about 16 players. Couldn't get out of work so I missed it. :(
Right after the tourny, met up with the top 5 winners and beat em all with Mario!

.....sigh.... I wish they gave me the day off...

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'll have results this weekend. I can't imagine they're going to be bad, but they probably won't be what I'm used to due to a year's hiatus. Or maybe I'll destroy people. Yeah, probably that one. :glasses:

I'm getting into this game and starting a scene around Northern IN so expect more and better results from me in the coming year.

steep

Smash Lord
Xero got 3rd at the tourney we went to yesterday and I got 5th. 2-0'd a random Kirby main, 2-0'd Javix (Marth), lost 0-2 to HadesBlade (Yoshi, he ended up winning the whole tourney), and lost to Sai (Diddy) 0-2 in VERY close games. All Mario at this tourney so that was good. I'm finally feeling like I pose a legitimate threat to the people I run into in bracket! The official results thread should be up today or tomorrow, and then I'll post it here.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
As Steep said, I got 3rd. My bad guys, I was going for first and I was super close (I lost Loser's finals to my crewmate who I have been practicing with for 4 years, what made me angry was that I had already played and beaten him earlier in the tournament.) I was pretty confident that my second set with Hades would have been way better than my first. I had already gotten used to his Yoshi and would've had to adapt a little bit more to D3. Unfortunately, I didn't get to do that. :(

I got a bye first round, then 2nd round I beat Composer 2-0, then Manic (my crewmate) 2-0, then lost to Hades in Winner's Finals 1-3, and then lost to Manic in loser's finals 1-3.

But Manic and I did get 2nd in Doubles. We're working on getting better and doing regular practices and stuff from now on so hopefully by my next tournament I can go beyond what my placings had ever been before.

I also got 3rd in Marvel. :p The same thing happened too, I got to Winner's finals and lost, then lost to a person who I had beat before. I really think I need to work on keeping myself focused, confident, and prevent myself from becoming super tired and unable to concentrate when I get further into these brackets.

EDIT: Also Steep, Javix doesn't play Lucario. He plays Ike usually, but I think he went Marth against you.

steep

Smash Lord
Ah ok. He probably would have done better with Ike lol because I'm much less comfortable with that MU actually. Thanks for the clarification on his character. I couldn't keep straight everyone I played lol because I was constantly playing people.

EDIT:

Here is the results thread for the aforementioned tourney Xero and I went to:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320476

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
anybody stepping up to face top-level MK, Falco, Snake? It's a hard road at the regional/national level to main Mario.

Top Bottom