• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Link help thread.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
...play Darc. He's as good if not better than me....
At least he'll actually be a good game, as opposed to someone like you, who thinks he knows everything and that $100 MM's make him pro.

...If you get spanked by him you are definitely not worth me time.
..OBJECTION!

No really, that's a pretty big contradiction.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
I hope you are serious. PLEASE BE SERIOUS.
I am, I mean I've never gotten the opportunity to try it on a Jiggs before, and considering he has a large range of recovery due to jumping a lot he can't be forced into it.

Sliq

Smash Master
I am, I mean I've never gotten the opportunity to try it on a Jiggs before, and considering he has a large range of recovery due to jumping a lot he can't be forced into it.
YES.

And also, if I'm not good (i.e. not worth your time) why not accept the MM? I proposed the MM because it is a sure win for me. If you think its a sure win for you, then why not take it? I know why, because you think you might not win, and would therefore have to sacrifice a **** ton of money and pride.

No johns. Either accept the MM or shut up.

Also, in case you didn't see it:

http://tia.nealpro.com/playerhistory.aspx?id=117

I do realize this might mean nothing to you, and if so, then I know I will stomp you.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Well, when you're spamming projectiles, it's another projectile to spam. Also it sets them up for combos.

SleepyK

jump in with it, or use the stun time from other projectiles to charge it.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
jump in with it, or use the stun time from other projectiles to charge it.
Meh.... the stun time could be used for a lot better things, like a grab if your close enough....

Short hopping and taking a pot shot at someone while they are recovering is about all I ever use the bow for...

SleepyK

lol yeah, but it's a way to use the bow if you want to.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
The only time I've used Link's arrows are to shoot through Samus's missiles.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Should I ever use the Bow for anything? It seems inferior to the bombs and boomerang but I'm just not sure if or when to use it. Advice?
Well it does good damage, but as you said you have to charge it up to get the full effect. If you see a guy that likes to reflect your projectiles a lot (fox, doc) it's a nice mindgame to shoot an arrow right in front of them ;)

Sliq

Smash Master
Link's bow should only be used for stopping projectiles. After Link's arrow hits the ground, it stays in the ground for a moment. While it is in the ground it will block all projectiles. Other than that, you should be using bombs the most with boomerang coming in second.

In Link dittos, just keep throwing **** and look for an opening. If you are relatively close to him, watch for him to go for a projectile, and rush him. Just rush in, and if he gets the projectile off, shield, and then continue forward. Link's projectiles aren't that helpful at close range (unless you already have a bomb pulled). They take a while. So if you are close and he goes to pull one, bum rush him. If you are far away, slowly approach with projectiles, shielding those from him. You'll eventually get close enough to hit him.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Should I ever use the Bow for anything? It seems inferior to the bombs and boomerang but I'm just not sure if or when to use it. Advice?
Use arrows when your opponent is stalling in the edge, projectiles are coming, distractions but yLinks arrows are more godly than Links.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
YEHS! I just remembered that it's good for sniping out Samus's recovery. If you're a good shot with it, anyway. Also as Stos said it's good specifically for enemies stalling on the ledge.

Deva

Smash Lord
YEHS! I just remembered that it's good for sniping out Samus's recovery. If you're a good shot with it, anyway. Also as Stos said it's good specifically for enemies stalling on the ledge.
Samus's bombs, doc's pills if he just starts spamming like crazy, but not so much for edge stalling, since you know, they're invincible. Maybe there's a chance they'll mess up, but not so much with good players.

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
can i get sum advice wit fightin icys i always try 2 work my way closer while using projectile but i always get chained then ko'd

Skler

Smash Master
You don't want to get close to the ICs. Use your projectiles to force them to come after you in the air or on platforms. Once they get airborne (or just above you on a platform) it's easy to get a combo off or to separate them and KO one.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Hey, I just thought about something with the ICs....can you shield both of them at once as an IC user? I don't think so, and if you can, they'd have to be close together to do it....what if you daired them, knowing you were going to hit at least one of them, and used that to try to bounce along and move to the other side of them? It's pretty speculatory, but if you were on one side of the level and wanted to pass them without them trying to attack you, a good dair would probably help. Of course if you miss you're kind of in trouble, but the odds that you'll hit something are greater than normal since there are two of them. What do you guys think of that?

Skler, what do you do on FD? (please don't tell me something like 'don't fight them on FD')

Skler

Smash Master
Actually you are supposed to strike FD against ICs, they **** there. If you have to play them on FD you need to play by pulling bombs and comboing off them. Whenever you don't have a bomb and have no space to pull one just play a careful spacing game with jabs and dsmashes. ICs can both shield at the same time, dairing them usually results in being wobbled/CGed.

Fun Fact: Popo can CG Link to relatively high %s alone.

Deva

Smash Lord
^^
lol, very true. Just space with your projectiles and aerials when you get close, I myself wouldn't recommend d-smash just because they have such a good wave dash. It's like d-smashing luigi. No matter how well you space it, he'll grab you if the d-smash doesn't hit. Try a nair to d-smash if you see the nair hit, it starts pretty good combos. Otherwise, nair to jab gives them little option to hit you if you space it. Also, FD isn't a good choice, but it's really not that bad either since they can cg/wobbles you any stage in the game. FD works well for spacing, however. Just keeping running and throwing your rang while holding a bomb. once they get close enough, throw the bomb and jump in for a spaced attack in case they block. Link'll do fine against Icys as long as you're picking Dream land or Rainbow cruise.

HiIH

Smash Lord
How does one prevent from killing themselves when the brawl date has been pushed back again = (

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
How does one defeat Falco or Fox. They evade my projectiles and I'm too slow to hit them. Is there some trick with spacing and rolling?
when i fight them i use alot of bombs nd when i get close i use u throw and then d-smashes on low% or jus jab nd nair . the rang stops the illusion when they r recovering follow that wit a nair 2 stop the fire

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
How does one defeat Falco or Fox. They evade my projectiles and I'm too slow to hit them. Is there some trick with spacing and rolling?

well ofcourse you have to use projectiles against fox's and falco's, i play smart now what i would do is let them come to you.and always I REPEAT ALWAYS! have a bomb in hand when he comes close just jump and bomb drop they fall for it all the time.until they are at high % then use your imagination. and what Teh Umby said

Top Bottom