• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Kirby Matchup Thread, now discussing: LUCAS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait.... can't we just follow Admiral Pit's summary?He even said that it's 55:45 Kirby because I think we're making Kirby underrated but if you don't want to, I'm fine with it :)
and also can't you Kirbycide Pit if your winning by a stock?

Hey admiral pit, something is ticking me about the snake match up because you guys think that it's Pit's favor while our match up says that it's Snake favor, can you explain who's right and who's wrong?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
So, like, I'm having a mid-smash-life crisis. I've realized I don't want to play smash anymore. I was doing a ****ty job on this anyway, but now I have no motivation anymore (I had motivation before, but it was overcome by my greater procrastination extinct). So yea...

Have fun sorting out my crappy legacy.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You're kinda far into this. Dropping out now would be the BIGGEST waste of your time ever. x.x You might as well finish this. However, it's your choice. If you want to give the thread to someone else, let me know.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
You're kinda far into this. Dropping out now would be the BIGGEST waste of your time ever. x.x You might as well finish this. However, it's your choice. If you want to give the thread to someone else, let me know.
If people feel like writing out summaries on what we've already discussed and submitting them to me, I imagine this would work as a whole. That is, if I'm not the only one who should be criticized about never writing these. I have the starts of about 6 other summaries that I could give to people...here's the matchup template handed to me by mk26, with 1 or 2 additions of my own (put it in a quote, but I didn't quote it because otherwise it won't appear in your quotes if you quote me to get it...yea).

Overview:
Write some general background on the opponent here. Something like "Snake from Metal Gear Solid joins the brawl!" It isn't actually that related to the matchup. Maybe mentions a defining characteristic (snake's heaviness, etc.).

Kirby’s Pros and Cons:

+ QWERTY
+ QWERTY
+ QWERTY
+QWERTY

- QWERTY
- QWERTY
- QWERTY
- QWERTY

[Opponent's Name Here] Pros and Cons:

+ QWERTY
+ QWERTY
+ QWERTY
+QWERTY

- QWERTY
- QWERTY
- QWERTY
- QWERTY

Watch out for:
QWERTY – QWERTY

QWERTY – QWERTY

QWERTY – QWERTY

QWERTY – QWERTY

QWERTY – QWERTY

How to win:
QWERTY – QWERTY

QWERTY – QWERTY

QWERTY – QWERTY

QWERTY – QWERTY

QWERTY – QWERTY

Spit out or Swallow?
QWERTY

What NOT to do:
QWERTY – QWERTY

QWERTY – QWERTY

QWERTY – QWERTY

QWERTY – QWERTY

QWERTY – QWERTY

Stages (in order of priority):
QWERTY – QWERTY
QWERTY – QWERTY
QWERTY – QWERTY

QWERTY – QWERTY
QWERTY – QWERTY
QWERTY – QWERTY

Neutrals: Ranked and Explained

Key:
Good, Bad.

(color-code the 4 neutrals (FD,BF,SV,YI) blue for a good Kirby stage and red for a bad kirby stage. Rank them from Kirby's best to worst.

Synopsis:
Write something about the matchup here. The VERY broad overview. If the matchup was DK, say something like "DK's heaviness is and aerial blindspots in front of and below him help us, but ultimately, his range and heaviness give him a small advantage in the matchup".

Major Contributors: A1lion835, MK26

(Put the names of major contributors here. To avoid awkwardness, just do it alphabetically. A1lion835 and MK26 are just the default names I put in there.)

Remember to base these summaries on the DISCUSSIONS, NOT YOUR PERSONAL OPINIONS.

We should've had user-submitted summaries since the beginning. We should do that next matchup thread.

The frequent QWERTY's are placeholders MK26 used, which I like using.

I've written explanations on the areas that could potentially be confusing. I think everything else is self-explanatory.

PMing me summaries would probably be the easiest way to do this.

tl;dr: I'm being lazy and asking other people to do work too.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The match up thread isn't done and we are making a new one?! Oh well, I guess it can't be helped I suppose.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Oh, okay. He did ask.

I'll be errr...fixing things soon. >_> It'd be good if you guys made a new thread. Changing ownership is tricky.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oh, okay. He did ask.

I'll be errr...fixing things soon. >_> It'd be good if you guys made a new thread. Changing ownership is tricky.
Didn't you want toi use your mod powers?

Come on, Bunny, don't fail us now! This is a perfect opportunity to use mod powers!

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oink oink. I'm a piggy. :3
Lol, what the hell. :bee:

A little tip, jiovanni007: try and hold your bias from determining matchup ratios in this thread. Thats one of the reasons why I wouldn't want to take this responsibility: being forced to write summaries about how a matchup is better or worse than what I believe it is.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
A little tip, jiovanni007: try and hold your bias from determining matchup ratios in this thread. Thats one of the reasons why I wouldn't want to take this responsibility: being forced to write summaries about how a matchup is better or worse than what I believe it is.
☠
But jio is allowed to give/argue his opinion right?
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It hasn't been too long since we started discussing, so character's metagame (problably) hasn't changed much. So it would be better to finish up before rediscussing.
My thoughts exactly.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I pretty much stand from what I said earlier on the Pit match up. His lack of finishing blows hurts him, though it's not easy to punish Pit since he moves quick, and his hit box is good.

You can d-air Pit while he does his recovery then since Pit even gets helpless from spikes (even if you spike him again he's helpless) He will get meteor smashed and plus, you can try to bair Pit while he's doing his recovery back to the stage then like what I said about spiking him, he's still helpless, you can juggle him then knock him off-stage then leave him helpless then he'll fall and get KO'd . It's not really hard or easy to juggle him while he's helpless. It's just that Pit has higher air speed than Kirby bu it's still low so you should try predicting where he's going to juggle him.

So who are we going to discuss after Pit?

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
I thought we started the discussion over O.o
Well if this is just adding on to what was said before Alions crises, then I believe the majority did say 50:50... But I still think it's 55-45 :/.

Pit's killing options are extremely low. I find myself living up to 180% or more often. We also have a big advantage offstage -our Dair owns their Up-b, we can inhale to decrease their altitude and follow up with a Dair, or use Bair if he tries to glide back onstage. Onstage, I think Kirby has beats Pit yet again. We can counter-camp with his arrows, and our killing options greatly outweigh his. He does have a good bait and punish game though, and fighting a Pit can be tricky if not experienced.

Again, I have a much bigger post on page 93, but this is pretty much the gist of it.
☠

Triple R

Smash Lord
☠
We also have a big advantage offstage -our Dair owns their Up-b

Seriously, if your landing dairs on a pit using upb, they are terribad. Pit has too many options to make it back to the stage to get stuck in that position often enough to make it worthy of note. Also his glide attack gives him faster air mobility and lets him go under most stages. And that's what they should be doing with upb the times they do get low with no jumps. Good luck dairing them when they are already on their way to safety on the other side.

When Pit gets hit by an attack while he is doing his recovery, he can't do anything and will enter helpless state and if he tries gliding back to the stage, b-air him or any high priority aerial to hit Pit if Kirby has one but if Kirby doesn't, d-air his glide or if your leading by a stock inhale him and kirbycide.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Seriously, if your landing dairs on a pit using upb, they are terribad.
No. Even top level Pits can get hit with dair. Saying that "Pit will never get hit by dair" is asking for an argument to start, or for more crazy MU ratios. I've hit good Pits with dairs, and they mash upB so that i can't footstool them afterwards, and mindgame me by going under the stage then confusing me with what ledge they will be flying over to.

If you land a dair, then that means you read them real nice. I don't know why you said that, when people oftentimes talk about grounded hammers... Now THAT is a very tough move to land on anything.

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
When Pit gets hit by an attack while he is doing his recovery, he can't do anything and will enter helpless state and if he tries gliding back to the stage, b-air him or any high priority aerial to hit Pit if Kirby has one but if Kirby doesn't, d-air his glide or if your leading by a stock inhale him and kirbycide.
I dunno about that man, You make it sound gimping Pit is easy. His glide attack is pretty fast. (Im not sure Kirby's Bair clashs and goes through it) His arrows are annoying.(Take his power maybe?YES?) I find gettiing Pit offstage hard. Sooooo this match-up could be in Kirby OR Pit favor, Its depends on who reads who. It might 50:50 IMO

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yeah, Pit's glide outranges our bair and beats it. I tried going through his glide attack from different angles many times, and the outcome was always the same. And his power, well... The damage you cause by spamming arrows is so minimal, that all you gain by copying him is the ability to go camp vs camp: now both you and Pit will be pelting each others with arrows until either one feels like it's time to kill (or gets outcamped)... I wouldn't take it, but that's just me, I barely ever use inhale on-stage.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
I love using Pit's arrows. You can pelt a pretty decent amount of damage on him if used right. Inhale isn't that bad either. It can be used as a tool for Gimping or you can use it onstage -rarely. I guess it's up to the person playing.
☠

Triple R

Smash Lord
No. Even top level Pits can get hit with dair. Saying that "Pit will never get hit by dair" is asking for an argument to start, or for more crazy MU ratios. I've hit good Pits with dairs, and they mash upB so that i can't footstool them afterwards, and mindgame me by going under the stage then confusing me with what ledge they will be flying over to.

If you land a dair, then that means you read them real nice. I don't know why you said that, when people oftentimes talk about grounded hammers... Now THAT is a very tough move to land on anything.
My point was you guys are making it sound deceivingly easy to land a diar on an upb, which shouldn't be happening often because the situation shouldn't happen often where you can nail them with it. Either way might as well try to fair or bair them anyway, if you miss with dair you are now below them, and they just recovered, while if you miss with fair or bair you may still have a chance to hit them and make them helpless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom