• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
I've got to honestly agree with john knight. It's just not sakurai enough. And guys this is still inductive reasoning there have been tons of "leaks" that have been incredibly coincidental. I don't see anything that makes this mock up any different. I'm not gonna debunk it but it's still just another dime a dozen "brawl leaks" that we've seen in the past couple of weeks.

javi1589

Smash Apprentice
I'm alittle off topic but think of it this way all the commercials that have come out maybe = final roster i dunno just something to think about

kamekasu

Smash Ace
He's deconfirmed. Look at the pic. Sakurai even called the squad in that pic "The R.O.B Squad". We're getting more then just the PT and Pit as WTF characters. This roster is too "basic", "bland", and "small" to have been worked on by 100 people full time while Melee was worked on by 50 full time with 7 less months.

Edit: 4 Star Fox characters and 2 Metroid characters=failure. The Star Fox series hasn't even sold 5 million units, while Metroid has sold 13 million.
"Basic?" "Small?" for that time period? SoulCalibur has an enormous development team, is riddled with clones, and has a much smaller roster. I admit it's bland, but we have to deal with this roster, just as we had to deal with the terrible Melee roster.

EDIT: People OBVIOUSLY aren't familiar with ROB64 from StarFox. Here is a useful link, so you can familiarize yourself with him before the release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_the_Star_Fox_series#ROB.2FNUS_64

He will most likely be called NUS64, as he was in the Japanese version of Starfox.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
I fought I screamed. At first I was cautious of this roster and wanting to wait till Jan 31st to make my final decision but I dont know what to think.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I am so disappointed with stupid american who posted those kind of crap. I am so embrassed about it.

Anyway POst 445

Gino's work is finished and fought back to believe?

What do that meant?

KCJ506

Smash Cadet
According to the leaker, this is what the final roster selection screen will look like.

If that's the set up then it really doesnt make sense...

Why is Bowser no where near Mario characters?
Why isnt WW Link where ROB is?
Why aren't Lucario and Wolf switched?
Why arent Jpuff and Ness switched?
why isnt ROB where Lucas is?

That order doesnt make sense at all...

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
Thank God people realized. When ROB was first rumored to be a playable character I was thinking did these "prophets" or attention whores as some like to call them, miss the subspace enemies update cuz ROB is a subspace enemy and I know melee's roster was disappointing, but that mock up roster is just horrible

Oh and another thing (Where's my Megaman!?) Yeah, I know he most likely isn't in the game but I can keep dreaming until it's 100% confirmed he's not

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
According to the leaker, this is what the final roster selection screen will look like.

Because this is the right one.

And franchises are arranged vertically (in columns not rows) not horizontally.;)

kamekasu

Smash Ace

It's organized in COLUMNS, not ROWS. Each series is grouped in a single column.
EDIT: Your version of the mock-up is wrong. See the one on previous pages.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace

the original quoted list is slightly off, it was fixed and made into a mockup image that perfectly groups things by series.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wow, the post counts in this thread are rising more than Mcdonalds numbers. XD

I have to say, the begining rouster looks good to me. I still have fath in Flower Power and/or Silver Hair be hidden though. But I love how the disc cover looks, I don't know if it's real or not.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, if somebody went through all of the trouble to fake it this close to the release date, something is very very wrong with them mentally. I don't think anyone would do that a week before, and it is REALLY well done, so I'm going to assume it's real. We'll see soon enough.
Some people are that pathetic Im afraid. At any rate if you are in to graphic design and have the proper tools and programs, someting like this could be done in an afternoon.

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I never really understood about the leak is this:

Why would pretty much all of the hidden characters be the same ones from Melee?

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
R.O.B. is deconfirmed, that's a fact. That roster is fake because of that. End of story.

Sakurai confirmed them as COMMON ENEMIES.

End of story. It's fake. And there is no Ridley, no Krystal. It's fake. No WTF characters. Just pure crap. The roster is bigger and better, don't be so gulible.
Well people have already pointed out how R.O.B. could be still in in the posts before me. And hey, Ness was supposed to be "deconfirmed" for a fact, but it didn't happen.

And read what I said earlier, Krystal could easily be an AT that speaks (Hence, her VA), Ridley could easily be a boss.
Just because there's a lot of fans doesn't necessarily mean they are characters. Just because Ridley was top on a poll doesn't necessarily mean he's in for sure.

It's still plausible that this might be the case, so stop spouting off things as finalized facts("end of story" "it's fake" "that's a fact")

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Then don't by the game. ROB was never deconfirmed as playable. He's an SSE enemy. So? Many games allow you play as enemies (like Devil May Cry 3). If you don't like the roster and won't buy the game, suit yourself. Wait another 6 years.

Edit: and Yeah, it says ROB is from Star Fox and is vertically aligned with the other Star Fox characters.
R.O.B. is a common enemy. That's like saying Petey Piranha will be playable while Petey is a boss=retarted. C'mon-what next, Tom Nook=??? Let's wait it out. I'll be here January 31st, and I'll tell you "I told you so" first thing. That's Devil May Cry-this is smash bros., *****es!

And yes-this is small. It's Melee plus 9 for God's sake. It's the same game, basically. No way that roster is worthwhile. Let's look at the companies working or contributing to this game:

1. Nintendo
2. Game Arts
3. HAL
4. Sora
5. . SHIGERO ITOA (spelled it wrong, I know)
6. Monster
7. The Pokémon Company
8. Game Freak
9. APE
10. SEGA
11. The Sonic Team
12. Konami
13. Kojima Productions
14. Cero

And this game has been funded more then any fighter game. And yet they could hardly surpass Melee=??? SHAMELESS!

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Why the hell are we now choosing to believe some ******** prophet just because his roster and the screenshot are both "a little off".

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Lol, i changed my first post and didn't erase the "Congradulations people on not being able to read"
Oops. Now people will come in here confused and upset.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Just because you don't like the roster doesn't mean it's not real.
Skeptics should prepare themselves now, or else be even MORE disappointed at the Japanese launch.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
People set your expectations low but your hopes high. Accept what you see before you and move on. Hopefully we are wrong but its looking less and less likely.

empty

Smash Cadet
tons of single player stuff
better graphics
tons of options.

is 35 characters really that bad? if they are ballanced then it should be fine. would you really want 60 characters with 20 of them being obsolete?

yes i want ridley and little mac and pig version gannon... but seriously, threatening to not by the game without them is pretty pathetic if you ask me.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
@JohnKnight: Your "ROB is a common enemy" argument doesn't make sense.
The ROB from Starfox is only NAMED after NES ROB. They are NOT the same thing. That's why my expectation is that he will be named NUS, so as not to confuse people.

eugoogalizer

Smash Rookie
R.O.B. is a common enemy. That's like saying Petey Piranha will be playable while Petey is a boss=retarted. C'mon-what next, Tom Nook=??? Let's wait it out. I'll be here January 31st, and I'll tell you "I told you so" first thing. That's Devil May Cry-this is smash bros., *****es!

And yes-this is small. It's Melee plus 9 for God's sake. It's the same game, basically. No way that roster is worthwhile. Let's look at the companies working or contributing to this game:

1. Nintendo
2. Game Arts
3. HAL
4. Sora
5. . SHIGERO ITOA (spelled it wrong, I know)
6. Monster
7. The Pokémon Company
8. Game Freak
9. APE
10. SEGA
11. The Sonic Team
12. Konami
13. Kojima Productions
14. Cero

And this game has been funded more then any fighter game. And yet they could hardly surpass Melee=??? SHAMELESS!

Jesus dude, relax. Go to sleep or something, you're getting way to worked up over this. Also, yes it is Melee + 9, but the fact still remains that Melee had nothing but clones in the roster, and as far as I can tell, Brawl easily has the most original roster. Just look at all the newcomers :/

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
wait...that doesn't look like the Brawl roster. That looks like the final roster of Melee 2.0. I thought they stopped production of that in order to make Brawl?

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
I find it amusing we're all whining about who's in the roster when we're getting Pit, Meta Knight, Olimar, Snake, and FREAKING SONIC among others. We're quite a spoiled bunch of fans, aren't we?

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
It's going to be really interesting to here back from the 2chan leaker. Especially if there are any contradictions at all.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
I have an O Chem final today, and instead I'm posting about Smash Bros.

Jesus dude, relax. Go to sleep or something, you're getting way to worked up over this. Also, yes it is Melee + 9, but the fact still remains that Melee had nothing but clones in the roster, and as far as I can tell, Brawl easily has the most original roster. Just look at all the newcomers :/
Well put. This roster is more like Melee plus 13 or more, considering Falco, Ganondorf, Luigi, and Young Link are most likely reworked. When I say Luigi, I mean now both his Side-B and Down-B are different (hopefully), and his physics and overall mechanics have always been different from Mario's.

Puffs

Smash Ace
it doesn't help much that i do not want to believe a final roster that does not include Ridley, Krystal, or Mewtwo

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I guess what should've been said about this game is: "Brawl will have more ATs than you can imagine." "Brawl will have an insane amount of ATs." "Brawl's ATs are gonna be like an encyclopedia of Nintendo."

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
The DOJO won't work for me at all. Anyone else having this problem?

And I think it's good that we get the official roster now, so we can have a month to decompress our disappointments and realize that ROB might be more good than evil?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai is giving us Melee players what we want. Who's really gone from Melee? Pichu, Dr. Mario and Roy. Not the most popular characters (no offense) and we have Ike, Metaknight, Pit, PTrainer, and Snake, just to name a few.

Shuma

Smash Hero
If you think about it, the roster is not bad at all, it's just that we already know of many characters, unless you don't remember, Dedede, Diddy, Ike, Olimar, Wario and Sonic where the highest requested characters for brawl, and thei're already confirmed.

Top Bottom