• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Boofer

Smash Ace
I think its a fake. A lot of people could photo shop a screen like that. and show it on their TV screen by linking it to their computer. Moreover the CD cover is not that difficult to fake either. The shiny Wii logo is on all Wii games becuase it is just a refelection of the CD beneath it. A person would just have print out a flashy design and paste it on any CD. He would have shown us the instruction manual for additional proof, had he had one. But he doesnt because that is much more difficult to fake.

Then again I could be wrong. But Its gonna take a lot more to convince me its not fake.
Honestly, if somebody went through all of the trouble to fake it this close to the release date, something is very very wrong with them mentally. I don't think anyone would do that a week before, and it is REALLY well done, so I'm going to assume it's real. We'll see soon enough.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
ahh...thanks for that! :)

And that 35 "full" character roster is fake. R.O.B. was deconfirmed back in the Subspace Army update about half a year ago. Pikmin and Captain Olimar uses a WAYYYY Diffrent pose. PWNED! While we're at it-that's Captain Falcon from Melee. >_>
::facepalm::

it's a mock up a list made weeks ago. the list checks out perfectly based on character positioning. this is our final roster.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yes John it is fake... because it was done with the roster editor online and It's based on the Leak...

Edit:

Read the goddamm thread, the pic posted above IS fake, it's based on the leak given by the "credible" leakers, however it was doen ages ago, so it's assumed to be the real roster.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
you people don't read. yes the thing is fake. IT'S A MOCK UP! If you jump midway into a conversation, that's what happens.

Magitek0777

Smash Rookie
Is it just me or is the label on that box a little off? almost as if it were a paper insert cut too short, see the A rating that's on the crease to the left?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This is Brawl, not Melee 2.0. 35 characters is too f***ing little. And no Krystal or Ridley=FAILURE! They're both playable, and you can write that down and say I TOLD YOU SO! :p

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
GAH! This is almost like melees debut. I dont know what to think. WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE DELAYED IN JAPAN?!?!

Croco

Smash Lord
ahh...thanks for that! :)

And that 35 "full" character roster is fake. R.O.B. was deconfirmed back in the Subspace Army update about half a year ago. Pikmin and Captain Olimar uses a WAYYYY Diffrent pose. PWNED! While we're at it-that's Captain Falcon from Melee. >_>
I pray that the 35 character list is fake.
That image is a mockup BTW. So ya it isn't real..

I agree with you about R.O.B. and I also think there HAS to be a new WTF character.

strike911

Smash Rookie
haha...that's one of the worst fakes ever. :laugh:

OMG!!! please tell me people are joking when calling that image a fake... I was under the assumption EVERYONE was referencing the characters, not the validity of the image (which is clearly fabricated)!

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Anyone could have printed a pic and put it in a box while waiting for more info. It's how people pass the time :)

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Are you joking me?

LOOK AT THE FIRST PICTURE OF OLIMAR in the STARTING ROSTER! IT'S WAYYY DIFFRENT! IT's fake, and that's Melee Captain Falcon. Now he has a diffrent helmet, visor, and whatnot! :laugh:

And this is Brawl, not Melee 2.0. 35 characters is too f***ing little. And no Krystal or Ridley=FAILURE! They're both playable, and you can write that down and say I TOLD YOU SO! :p
:laugh: You're so slow.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I like how some people don't read the thread and just jump into the middle of a conversation to scream fake.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Johnknight1, that is a MOCKUP based on the leaks! Obviously it wont look like that, but the character positions? Its definite. Start believing it or you will be sorely disappointed...

Quoted from the Dojo: "This guy needs to calm down."

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
OMG!!! please tell me people are joking when calling that image a fake... I was under the assumption EVERYONE was referencing the characters, not the validity of the image (which is clearly fabricated)!
oh, gee....i'm sorry. i must have completely missed what purposefully posting a picture of a fake roster was supposed to prove, and then saying it "checks out" with the leaked picture.... >_>

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
hold on... I'm seeing two completely different rosters. One Japanese with Sheik and Zelda in the same box and another with 35 characters one being ROB can anyone explain to me the corrolation between the two, because honestly the 35 character pic looks quite shoddy and nothing like the 2chan leak shown on the first page.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Are you joking me?

LOOK AT THE FIRST PICTURE OF OLIMAR in the STARTING ROSTER! IT'S WAYYY DIFFRENT! IT's fake, and that's Melee Captain Falcon. Now he has a diffrent helmet, visor, and whatnot!

And this is Brawl, not Melee 2.0. 35 characters is too f***ing little. And no Krystal or Ridley=FAILURE! They're both playable, and you can write that down and say I TOLD YOU SO!
................How about you read the topic before posting?
It's a fake mockup of what was a "supposed" roster leak.
And it's interesting that the mockup matches the real one without the secret characters.

And no Krystal and Ridley? I'm a fan of both, but I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if Krystal was just an assist trophy and Ridley was just a boss.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Actually you know what roster mock up may be right on, I mean look at how all the characters are grouped up by series, just like in the previuos games. But why wouldn't they bring back Mewto?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Congradulations people on not being able to read.

This a post made the 19th:
GoateBoate
Posted 1/19/2008 10:06:43 PM
message detail I will admit. I have no credibility whatsover on my own part because I will not reveal my source. However, I will tell you what I know to be correct. The "rows" indicate each row in the character select screen. The characters go from left to right on each row.

Row 1

Mario
DK
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Marth
Mr. Game & Watch

Row 2

Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Pit
Meta Knight
Falco
Pokemon Trainer
Ike
Snake

Row 3

Peach
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
King Dedede
Lucario
Ness
Sonic
Bowser

Row 4

Wario
Toon Link
R.O.B. (star fox)
Captain Olimar
Captain Falcon
Lucas
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Compare this to

The order is correct and as you unlock characters, they'll slip into the character list.
You'll end up with something like this:

IT'S A MOCKUP PEOPLE! READ! This is our final roster. Nyasenya was right. 35 characters. Add the Random button missing from the picture and you have a perfect rectangle.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
hold on... I'm seeing two completely different rosters. One Japanese with Sheik and Zelda in the same box and another with 35 characters one being ROB can anyone explain to me the corrolation between the two, because honestly the 35 character pic looks quite shoddy and nothing like the 2chan leak shown on the first page.
1. Someone leaked a roster... they gave a list of characters...
2. Someone else made a fake screen showing what this roster might look like...
3. The one is Sheik and Zelda is apparently real... and is the starting roster for either classic or SSE...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I pray that the 35 character list is fake.
That image is a mockup BTW. So ya it isn't real..

I agree with you about R.O.B. and I also think there HAS to be a new WTF character.
Seriously, it's Melee plus nine. If that's the FULL roster, I'm not getting the game. They've worked on the game over 32 months. Melee was only worked on for 25 months. They've had 100 full time staff, and 700 part time. If that is the full roster, this game is a waste of time. When Sakurai says he wants to blow our minds out of the water with roster size, and when the President of Nintendo says the same thing, 35 characters DOES NOT make the cut.

R.O.B. is deconfirmed, that's a fact. That roster is fake because of that. End of story.

Sakurai confirmed them as COMMON ENEMIES.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea06.html

End of story. It's fake. And there is no Ridley, no Krystal. It's fake. No WTF characters. Just pure crap. The roster is bigger and better, don't be so gulible.

Shuma

Smash Hero
The one with Zelda is assumed to be the real leak, the other one is a fake, done in the stage editor AGES ago, however it's more than a coincidence that it fits perfectly with the 35 characters leak.

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
The Japanese one is "apparently" an actual image of the real starting roster in the game.

The English one is a mock up of what it would look like based on PoR, Reno, and Markman's "revelations".

eugoogalizer

Smash Rookie
the one from 2chan is definitely real, it's just the roster i'm quoting, and so are others that's clearly fabricated is to prove that the person who apparently has the players guide, revealed the characters / roster in a specific order. now, if you place the leaker's order and the leaked game starting roster from 2chan, it matches up perfectly and logically.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
oh, gee....i'm sorry. i must have completely missed what purposefully posting a picture of a fake roster was supposed to prove, and then saying it "checks out" with the leaked picture.... >_>
The fake picture is based upon the rumored roster. The order that is. People kept saying that this fake picture was lame because the order was "off"

However, if todays leak is true then that probably is the roster seeing as it correlates with the leaked pic shown today.

And if you notice the order of franchises is not from left to right but from top to bottom in "columns"

Column A being Mario, and so on.:)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
R.O.B is very WTF if you ask me.
He's deconfirmed. Look at the pic. Sakurai even called the squad in that pic "The R.O.B Squad". We're getting more then just the PT and Pit as WTF characters. This roster is too "basic", "bland", and "small" to have been worked on by 100 people full time while Melee was worked on by 50 full time with 7 less months.

Edit: 4 Star Fox characters and 2 Metroid characters=failure. The Star Fox series hasn't even sold 5 million units, while Metroid has sold 13 million.

rubinmarshak

Smash Apprentice
I don't like it... but...

[IMG[http://www.gamehiker.com/gallery/albums/starfox/starfoxas/rob.jpg[/IMG]

ROB says hello.

He's from Starfox.

He is aligned with Fox, Falco, and Wolf too...
But sadly, he didn't ORIGINATE in a video game, although he has appeared in them... =(

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Seriously, it's Melee plus nine. If that's the FULL roster, I'm not getting the game. They've worked on the game over 32 months. Melee was only worked on for 25 months. They've had 100 full time staff, and 700 part time. If that is the full roster, this game is a waste of time. When Sakurai says he wants to blow our minds out of the water with roster size, and when the President of Nintendo says the same thing, 35 characters DOES NOT make the cut.

R.O.B. is deconfirmed, that's a fact. That roster is fake because of that. End of story.

End of story. It's fake. And there is no Ridley, no Krystal. It's fake. No WTF characters. Just pure crap. The roster is bigger and better, don't be so gulible.
Then don't by the game. ROB was never deconfirmed as playable. He's an SSE enemy. So? Many games allow you play as enemies (like Devil May Cry 3). If you don't like the roster and won't buy the game, suit yourself. Wait another 6 years.

Edit: and Yeah, it says ROB is from Star Fox and is vertically aligned with the other Star Fox characters.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...

I agree. That roster is bull****. Why is everyone believing it? It's just got no logic whatsoever, and I can't understand why the roster would be like that.

Top Bottom