• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

fos

Smash Cadet
tell me if i'm wrong.. that whobby event has three weekends.. the last.. yesterday and the next week??.. thiw weekend will be two days?? i mean yesterday and today??

thanks

xerdosx

Smash Rookie
Wait what the heck man it says on the japanese web site that de de des up Bs gives him little mobility, and on this post its says hes very mobile, WTF?

CO18

Smash Hero
Curbside was suppose to be going to the event so sometime after 2 when the event ends he should be back with some info.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Curbside was suppose to be going to the event so sometime after 2 when the event ends he should be back with some info.
It's 3 AM here, so maybe it's actually better to say in how much time the event ends.
Remember, timezones.

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
Hey guys sry about the late updated I made some other stops afterwhobby I don’t have as much info as last time but hopefully I got all the questions I was ask

Also make note that whobby was 70% little kids and there parents and only a handful oh these kids seem to be even halfway decent so some of the impressions have to be taken with a grain of salt also its timed 4 player so thing could change in a one on one battle

Kirby

B : inhales no real difference

B >: hammer this move was inproved stronger by at least a little bit and better knockback asl when done in air it act the same as it did on the ground (horizontal hit) not the vertical multy hit like in melee

B v : didn’t notice any difference

B ^ : seem improved aswel the energy at the end had a bit more knock back and it did a slightly better job at carrying you opponent(they did still get out every now and then)

Running A : the running yo yo Kirby attack from super star. Did not connect with it but I still like it better (just my preference)

A : eaiser to keep up the rapied punch has better stun( bot as easy to excape from)

A> air: still the triple kick the last kick had good knock back

may be able to inhale objects (I saw both wario and dedede eat small objects ie capsule I think a star rod as well)

Kirby seemed all around inproved to me I cant really put my finger on why I assume it just stuff like hit box changes more damage and other such things.

Ike
B : erupt similar to marths works pretty much the same I think its stronger uncharged that marth or roys uncharged shield breaker. I was able to kill with it uncharged once my opponent was around the 90-110% mark goo to use to get some space (and ike needs that space) could be effective ledge gaurd move.

B > : quick draw. as seen in videos it send you quickly to the left or right.if you connect the hits with a horizontal slash nothing really excited me about its effect mostly used it tocatch oppents and trying to set up combos also good recovery move inplace of aether

B V: counter never got to use it ( kinda forgot I had it sry)

B ^ : aether mostly used to try and finish opponent off. Has good knack back very little horizaontal control

A : punch kick combo finished with a sword strike I liked the move its good for getting you opponent off you(you stun them with the ouch and kick and the sword knocks them back)

A > : a horizontal swing as with most ikes moves has good knock back.

A > smash : a massive vertical attack ike rears back and swings the sword over his head and slasm it to the ground .also has very good knock back even uncharged.

A v : s simple sword swip similar to links

A v smash : similar to marth not as quick

A running : looked like a massive upward swing not positive on this though

A v air : very similar to links he hold his sword down pointed at the ground but keeps hios feet wider apart. Not sure of damage or lag after use

A ^ air :a basic overhead swing very large much like ike’s other sword attacks

FS : geart aether likes FS looks like omnislash Ikes FS pretty much is omnislash he swings in wild large arcs trailed with flames and finish’s like he would and other aether

Flames shoot out once he hits the ground send anyone cought in the blast up and diagonal it has massive knockback

Ike to me felt like what dante would feel like if he where in the game he is about average speed but his attacks are somewhat slow but they pretty much all have good knockback
Similar to dante this makes Iks sword feel very heavy and powerful it cant do the fast adgile moves that marth had .hes pretty much on the oppisit side of the sword users from marth and meta knight with link being the middleground.Ike seemed to win a lot but this may be due to his large attacks steeling peoples kills sword users used to marth and link will need time to adjust but I think someone used to using well timed powerful attacks (like a gannondorf use) will fell at home with him.all in all I don’t think hes as bad *** he was made out to be.

Wario

B ^ continued : it hits multipule times(about four or five) not much knock back it kinda sucks you opponent to it once there hit.its not the coolest move but it gets the job done

His bike hits multipule times

He can pick up the whole bike

Bike seemed to be able to do a wheelie

Vicory pose of him laughing his butt off

A v smash continued : may be a toe spin rather than back spin

A > running : sorry I kinda don’t remember what it looked like but I did note that’s its strong enough to kill in sudden death

FS: wario man lasted about 20 secs I counted and its true if you use his bike while in it you just fly off the side of the screen.if you died you lose it (but from what I saw if you die you lose your FS.

P.trainer

He and his pokemon have a GB looking color

Has red and white outfit

Charizard

B ^ continued : seems to hit multipule time ( not e sure ) but I do know the last hit will knock you back.seems very effective

A > air wing move forward and he shoots a quick burst fire

A : claw ,claw, wing attack

A ^ smash : an upward head butt jump has a weird spikey energy around his whet he dose it.

A > smash : massive knockback

One of his alt colors is straight red

Squirtle

A air: withdraws into shell spins water sprinkles out

When he get knock out(aka like he gets smashed into the ground and you lay there for a bit if you don’t get you L timing right) rather lay on the ground hes on his shell and waggles his legs and arms until he rocks back up.

Venasuare

A running : a heddbutt dive can kill in sudden death

DeDeDe

Has game boy colors as an outfit(gray white and that weird gameboy off green color)

A running: is confirmed as his trip attack

B : seems to be able to inhale waddle dee and spit back out as start along with other characters and some items.

A > : spins hammer hits multiple times

A > smash : draws hammer over his head brings down with great force

A v smash : spins around once holding hammer low to the ground.

Other notes

Yoshis A v :seems to work the same as in melee

Fox B ^ : seems to work the same fire still burns while charging he didn’t seem to glide as far as I remember in melee but it was still there somewhat.

A large stone quadraped pokemon with an X on his face.( I don’tI recognize him but I don’t know all these new pokemon names)he stomps the gorund once and you get stuck like you where hit with Dk’s B> .he stomps again and it send anyone on the ground including those before stuck flying.dose this abour three times

What I thought was roasealltea was actually that green and white pychic and grass type pokemon that looks like its wearing a dress. Still don’t know what it did

Waluige is beast

That bule bird jet pokemon from the movie whre ask dose the water surfing thing the one that is always with that red one was there he flys diagonally across the screen sned people fly but its not to hard to avoid

Fox B : Im almost positive I saw foxs gun exploed if you overuse it similar to diddys
Was easier to rapied shoot.

DK B > : It looked like you could get knocked out the ground if hit hard enough

I would say go with gamecube controller I had a hard time with doseing the wrong move with the classic I think it’s the thumb stick position also the jump buttion was oddly placed so I had to use the stick wich hurt my game (I use the X buttion in melle)

I often felt it be better to map control to the D pad.

Feel free to ask any questions!

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Hey CurbSide, thanks for the new info.
Quick Question: Did you see the Black Charizard costume at all? Or is basically still a rumor? You mentioned the Straight Red costume, but I was wondering if you seen more, but didn't get to play as those colours.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
After playing again, did anything feel different? Like were some attacks or specials better or worse than they seem?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Thanks a lot again! Though... I actually asked about Yoshi's forward-tilt, not the down-tilt. :p
Ah well, no biggie.

And... that note about Squirtle lying on its back...
I think I'll spend a whole day just playing as Squirtle while squealing about his cuteness like a schoolgirl.

So, Ivysaur attacks primarily with body charges? That's pretty cool, I guess... does she have a good dashing speed on the ground, too? Actually, what's her overall mobility like anyway? I can't imagine Ivysaur jumping very high...

And does nobody ever use grabs at these events?

:034:

Smash Hero
A large stone quadraped pokemon with an X on his face.( I don’tI recognize him but I don’t know all these new pokemon names)he stomps the gorund once and you get stuck like you where hit with Dk’s B> .he stomps again and it send anyone on the ground including those before stuck flying.dose this abour three times
Metagross.

What I thought was roasealltea was actually that green and white pychic and grass type pokemon that looks like its wearing a dress. Still don’t know what it did
Gardevoir.
That bule bird jet pokemon from the movie whre ask dose the water surfing thing the one that is always with that red one was there he flys diagonally across the screen sned people fly but its not to hard to avoid
Latios and Latias.

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Haha all these comments on Klonoa, I thought I was one of the only fans in existence x.x. The thing is, he's been mainly on the Playstation. The GBA releases were good, but in the UK we only got one T.T. Lunatea's Veil still remains to this day one of my all time favourite games though!

A reference would be great, but you're right, he's not well known enough. Inflating Kirby like a Moo though would be a great feature haha.

-- Andy

Fawriel

Smash Master
do you know all the alt. colors available for dedede. and PT?

thanks curbside you rockith!
Actually, I think that would be "thou rockest".

Gardevoir.
*holds his hat in front of his chest in deep sadness*

Haha all these comments on Klonoa, I thought I was one of the only fans in existence x.x. The thing is, he's been mainly on the Playstation. The GBA releases were good, but in the UK we only got one T.T. Lunatea's Veil still remains to this day one of my all time favourite games though!

A reference would be great, but you're right, he's not well known enough. Inflating Kirby like a Moo though would be a great feature haha.

-- Andy
It's too early to give up hope!
Klonoa is a character of Namco's, right? I heard that Nintendo and Namco have good relations... so a character from them seems possible. And Klonoa is, without a doubt, far superior to Pacman. He even has Pacman on his cap!
I've never played any of his games, but I'd definitely welcome him with open arms.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Klonoa spam!

KLONOA:

Original game: Kaze no Klonoa (PS1)

Bloody unlikely, I know.
Made by Namco. If Namco doesn't go with Pacman or SC/Tekken, Klonoa is the way to go.
The red costume is inspired by his appearance in Moonlight Museum on the WonderSwan console.

SSJ4Kazuki said:
If Namco requires a rep that isn't Pac Man, it should definitely be Klonoa.

I would be sooooooooo happy if Klonoa was in. Unfortunately, his chances are
right down there with Geno.

Klonoa is basically a Namco mascot. He is a rabbit-cat-thing with huge funny ears.
He carries a wind ring that has this little girl called lolo inside it.
She can come out and trap enemies and inflate them with wind.
She comes out as an orb of energy during gameplay, but comes out
as herself during cutscenes.

They go around collecting elements with some strange yellow dog called popka.

Sounds ********, but it's a thoroughly entertaining game.

Weight: Average to heavy. About Ness. Slow faller.
Jumps: Totally Samus-ified
Medium lag, but some moves have laggy recoil.

A: Punch
A, A: Punch, punch
A, A, A: Punch, punch, kick
A, A, A, A: Punch, punch, kick, wind BULLET.
The wind bullet does 13% and has moderate knockback.
Rinse and repeat.

Utilt: Sweeps hand with wind ring over his head.
A very similar special effect to Zelda's u tilt.
F tilt: Captain Falcon's F-tilt
D tilt: Luigi's taunt

Uair: Headbutt upwards
Dair: Simiar to Ness
Fair: Swings his ears in front of him.
Bair: Fist with wind ring backwards

F smash: A really hard push. Sticks his two hands out in front of him.
17% when fully charged, and strong Knockback.
Usmash: Uppercut with wind ring fist.
20% when charged. Strong knockback, but no horizontal range, like Marth's Usmash.
D smash: A wind bullet circles around him once.
15% when charged. Average Knockback.

B: Wind grab: Uses wind ring to grab enemies. Lolo comes out as an orb
then goes forward a bit then retracts, like Yoshi's tongue. Once an enemy has been
grabbed, Klonoa lifts him/her over his head, and he can carry them a bit.
Once grabbed, A is to throw them forwards with moderate knockback.
They can be thrown downwards to aid recovery pressing B.
Throwing an enemy downwards should count as a meteor, but for
balance sake, I would make it bounce them upwards a little or have a
neutral effect.

UpB: Popka jump. This is the move that player 2 can do in co-op adventure.
It's a magic jump that goes upwards. Lol. It would be like luigi's upB,
but with the damage more evenly spread out throughout the attack.

Side B: Ear flap, gains some height, 7% damage, aids recovery.
On land, It's a Mario cape type. In the air, he does 3 flaps to gain height.
This move works as a reflector. The only problem it it's slow in the air.
If done just above the ground, a ring of dust appears around.

Down B: Pull a random enemey (A bit like Link) Out of his pocket,
and throws it by pressing a or downB again.

Moo (70% chance to get): Can be red or yellow. Thrown like a turnip.
6% for red, 8% for yellow. No knockbat for either.

Colour sparkle-fish (15% chance to get):
Red = fire
Yellow = electric
Blue = freeze
12% each
Little knockback.

Nothing (3%): Klonoa pulls out nothing from his pocket, looks at his empty
hand and pulls a WTF!? face for about 1/2 a second.

Boomie elephant (2% chance to get): Basically a bob-omb.

His ordinary grab would act like Link's.
Ranged, and can be used to grab ledges.
But it has about half the range, making it a useless technicality for ledges.

His airdodge would be a non-damaging, more subtle version of the ear flap.

Taunt: Throws wind ring up in the air and catches it, saying "Wahoo!"
If this taunt is interupted, the ring will continue to fall, but cannot be picked up
and will rematerialise in Klonoa's hand as soon as it touches the ground.

Stage: Probably Volk Factory or La-Looshka.

Kirby hat: the Pac-man cap that Klonoa wears.

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
p.trainer had a brown outfit with tan accents, a white with red accents ,a blue outfit a green with darker green accents and the GB outfit gray white and GB screen green.

I think i listed dededes before I knows theres a pink with light pink trim and a purple with blueish trim also a GB color Im pretty sure a green and a white with ice blue trim. as well. ivasuare as i said before is well rounded he controls fine in the air I'd say think young link or pikachu. theres really no oddness to him.his is a bit slower that pikachu i think ( it was hard test everyones run to the fullest in battle. charizard i only saw his take off dash he pretty much jumps forward gickly and glides IN not sure if he lands of continues to glide i never saw him run that far.

Fawriel

Smash Master
KLONOA FTW YAYAYAYAYAY

ivasuare as i said before is well rounded he controls fine in the air I'd say think young link or pikachu. theres really no oddness to him.his is a bit slower that pikachu i think ( it was hard test everyones run to the fullest in battle. charizard i only saw his take off dash he pretty much jumps forward gickly and glides IN not sure if he lands of continues to glide i never saw him run that far.
Ahaha, awesome! So now both Squirtle and Ivysaur have been compared to YLink in terms of mobility... which is great, since that is one of the reasons why I main him. :p

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
I dont know about ivasaures run speed the stages where small i didnt run much but his jumping hight and control where similar to a mix of youg link and pikachu.also as far as entraces and victorys go

p.trainer
entrence pokemon for ball i I think the trainer was already there
victorys

he puts his arms around ivasaurs neck rubs his head ivasaure looks happy

throws fist into air ivasaure flips and land on his belly with his limbs out like hes flying

trainer hugs squirtle squirtle looks bashfule

loss screen trains hold one hand over his face in a i cant beleave i lost way the pokemon will clap

wario enters on his hog it crashes he dust off

loss screen claps quickly and makes a gesture as if hes yelling soming to the winner

Dedede comes in on his ring carried be waddle dees

a victory pose on him sitting with a waddle dee he rubs his belly happily

also in one he just poses with his hammer.

another note i only could hear it once but the announce says the name of the winning pokemon rather than p.trainner

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Klonoa owns. :D

Anyway, thanks for the Ike info Curbside. He sounds really cool and a lot like I expected, like a Ganondorf with a sword.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Could you please rank the order of usefulness for PT's Pokes, and explain why? I'm really obsessed with this character, so sorry if it's a bit demanding.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Hey curb, did you see any Pikachus being played? If so:

Was his Down smash "godly"?

Does he still have the tail spike?

Does his up smash still have its awesome kill power?

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom