• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Curbside_Prophet, would you mind answering my question regarding Donkey Kong (if you have an answer) in my last post on this thread? Much would be appreciated. :) If you don't know, would you mind checking the next time you go to Whobby?

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
I didn't see any they played all the videos from the site on the tv's in line. i actually saw them reset a system(my controller was having problems)and it went straight ti the press start screen and from there straight of timed brawl.
also a quick note I dont have any videos ether. those guy are like ninjas i tried twice and guy s just cam out of nowhere and ask me to put it away I was able to get some pics with my phone but nothing good just the sign and a video of a promo guy in a mario outfit

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Heh, when I said that last time no one believed me :p, I still managed to sneak a pic of the roster, but other than that...

btw curbside, is it the same demo as the one in Osaka? same characters and stages as I said?

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Oh really? I thought that was another Japanese demo thing, because other people had some new impressions on him, like how his Final Smash is better than what most of us had thought.

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
no real new stuff it had

mario
peach
koopa
yoshi
dk
diddy
fox
kirby
dedede
meta knight
p.trainer wario
ike

I might be forgetting someone but no one new no zelda or olimar or snake
stages

the only ones that stuck out to me where
pictochat
wario wear
hyrule temple

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
Curbside it would be appreciated if you could find out more about Ike & Diddy. Have a fun time and pick who you want though :)

I.T.P

Smash Ace
no real new stuff it had

mario
peach
koopa
yoshi
dk
diddy
fox
kirby
dedede
meta knight
p.trainer wario
ike

I might be forgetting someone but no one new no zelda or olimar or snake
stages

the only ones that stuck out to me where
pictochat
wario wear
hyrule temple
sounds like the same demo, yup.
that means I have no reason to go to nagoya on the 27th, thank for clarifying that

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Are you going to play P.T again curbside? If you do make sure to get every detail ;) Have fun!

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
can do thetoastinator also i played as link but gimpy already has a much more indepth impression of link than i could give I can say link is around better much faster I could combo alot easier his bombs deal more damaged and can kill in suden death his spin attack dosen't have that extra hit at the end. I tried l canceling with him but couldnt get it I had some meta knight that was out for my blood
lol did alot of people choose meta knight? Also was wario's recovery good? the corkscrew thing sound lame so i wondered. thanks in advance!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> Curbside, were any of my tranlations of "new pokemon" in the pokeballs even accurate @_@.
Like, about Eevee and whatnot?
-DD

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
yes just about every match had atleast one meta knight dedede and bowser where also common. I really didnt see any new pokemon cause i didnt see many smash balls where more common than pokeballs the only one that sticks out is torchick i was alot more powerful than i thought it would be

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ah, okay then. How about Assist Trophies? They were saying that ATs barely appeared.
-DD

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
I saw a few pretty much just the ones i said before the only one that stuck out was stafyy cause he was alot stronger than they made him out to be and rosealeta but the promo chick kept awling infront the screen all i could see was the had a bule around her i guess she healed people or something

Card

Smash Lord
Hey Curbside,

Thanks for all your information, but could you answer one question for me about Pokemon Trainer?

Can you do Pokemon Change in the air or off the stage? Or do you need to be standing on the ground in order to do it?

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone thought of the possibility that they may have disabled the "stamina" portion of P.T. so that people could just focus on trying out the game?

My question: Did you spot any new forms of Kirby? (P.T. forms?)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey Curbside,

Thanks for all your information, but could you answer one question for me about Pokemon Trainer?

Can you do Pokemon Change in the air or off the stage? Or do you need to be standing on the ground in order to do it?
Very good question, I was wondering the same thing.

And if you jump and change pokemon in the air, will it just stick to the place you are, or will it still move by momentum while it's changing?

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering that myself earlier. Thinking Squirtle sounded the most like my playstyle, kept wondering if it were possible to switch midair to recover easier (maybe Ivysaur vertically and Charizard horizontally).

Here's something I don't recall seeing answered either: Is there a set pattern to switching? Ie: Charizard switches to Squirtle switches to Ivysaur switches to Charizard? And is it possible, mid switch, to use it again and bypass the one inbetween? Like, using DownB twice to go from Charizard to Ivysaur (as per previous example)?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hey Curbside, thanks for the PT info!

I just want to know afew more trival things.

1. How does Char run? Like Bowser (Bend down and some how skufs around) or like a dino (like a T-rex/ Raptor)? And how fast would you say he is?

2. Can you list all the atl colors you have seen for each one? I know that Char and Squirt have a black one but how do they look in this color and whats the other colors?

Either way you have been more than helpful so thanks for what you have already said;)

The Qu

Smash Apprentice
Charizard to Squirtle, Squirtle to Ivysaur, Ivysaur to Charizard. It was shown the day Pokemon Trainer was revealed.

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
Charizard to Squirtle, Squirtle to Ivysaur, Ivysaur to Charizard. It was shown the day Pokemon Trainer was revealed.
Ah ok, forgot about that. Still wondering if you can "double return" and go from Squirtle to Charizard, for example.

Card

Smash Lord
I also was wondering if Pokemon Trainer can do Pokemon Change even if he is not present on the stage. (I heard that on some moving levels he does not appear unless the level stopped moving)

roroverma

Smash Cadet
I also was wondering if Pokemon Trainer can do Pokemon Change even if he is not present on the stage. (I heard that on some moving levels he does not appear unless the level stopped moving)
if the stage keeps moving it would mean the pokemon trainer isn't there so how do they return?:confused:

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
about the outfits for kirby ivasuare it little ivasuare ears and hiws bud.charizard is charizards ear things as a cape with small wings twards hi back sadly the pokemon did seem so have to many noticible colors compared to p.t himself.I got to head out now if i want to get there early (abouta 40-60 min ride to tokyo express dose not run in the morning a 13 min ride from shinigawa to tokyo sation and a 30 min ride out to makuhari messe not including waiting on trains. Ill be sure to try to atleast try out Ike fox and kirby myslef . you can watch people play while you waite in line so hopefully i seem some other stuff aswell..peace

Top Bottom