• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
So... when is someone going to be able to condense the news into a readable format and separate fact from fiction? I'd do if I could tell, but...

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Hm... Right now we don't have much info...
I'm hoping we get some more, like, when all the translators come online, hopefully 2Chan wasn't just talking a bunch of crap...

Was there anyone there from the boards last night that will tell us info? I'd go back to check, but I'd be going back about 7 pages worth of stuff to find something related to what I asked.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
whoa, there's so much BS in this thread I'm tempted to go to the third whobby on the 27th just to prevent that from happening again...

seriously, Chi you should wait more before posting unconfirmed info on brawlcentral, and the rest of you, don't post here unless someone with real info that was in whobby 2 is here, it just seems so horrible reading the BS that's going in in this thread.

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
* note some of my pokemon info got cut off Ill work on retyping it

All I just got back from whobby (long train ride below is all the info i gathered I only ogt to play 3 times (2 rounds each time) I put down some fact i found and uder that my impression

P.trainer

he will move to defult spot with his pokemon aka if there on the right side of the screen he will run to the right and so on

his victory/lost pose is with the last pokemon he used

his finale smash is pretty effective i got a nuber of ko's with it

finale smash can be done in mid air

as far as I saw he is on every stage including delphone plaza note he is not visible when stages move but he will always show up when they stop ie whenver they stoped at the

all in all I liked p.trainer he has a good spread of talent in his corner will defenatly be using him

DeDeDe

A: a three swing combo after the third swing he spins the hammer if you rapidly press the buttion it looked like

colors include white/ice blue,pink,purple those are the only ones i remember

B^:moves kinda slow but pretty powerful landing if you want to cancel you need to do it by about half way down or he will botch the landing very useful if you acedentaly move off the side with jumping

B>: not much on damage i think they may be more effective if you spam them.wasnt able to suck one up you might be able to .he throws these guy fairly far so you have to chase after them to suck them up it might be more trouble than its worth unless they do alot of damage

lays down with his hand supporting his head from crouch

about bowser size

running A: looked like it was the running face plant from his boss battles I didnt get a chance to use it.

A in air: dint use it but looked like he just puffs up.

finale smash:good for keeping people off balance got a few kills with it(the spinys send people flying)

DeDeDe was an interesting play hes big and strong his attcks are a mix of strong hitters and attcks the hit multiple times he has quit a few qiuck attack involving spinning the hammer I liked his finale smash its pretty much just overload of waddle dees and spinys I really not a fan on tank like charactors but i enjoyed using him

Wario

B:I used it quit a bit. after there in your mouth press B to chew was able to stop pikachu's headbutt with it.good for catching fast types

very jagged movement

A v: an upsidedown spin similar to pickachus

forward throw:the giant swing from wario world

A > smash: shoulder slam slimilar to wario land come's put almost instantly but theres lagg afterwards

B >: simmilar to yoshi's much better control you can ditch the bike at any point aka you can start it jump off and the bike can keep going for a bit . same thing can be done in the air if you try and use it when its on the ground he slimply looks around

B ^:put his ahdn over his head and spins upward hiws mutiple times I dont have much to say on it it did it was designed to do.

throw V: throw opponent down and slams into them kinda basic

A in air: spins with arms and legs outstreched like hes skydiving.

A v: a judo chop thing has a bit of lag befor it comes out

A v smash: abreakdancelike backspin looks similar to peach and pikachus last a bit longer though

victory pose: i know one of them he dose a doughnut on his hog the strokes his stach

classic wario and all his colors where avalible after you scrold thru all his other colors for his normal outfit.

finale smash:wario man pretty much just wario but alot faster and alot stronger

to tell you the truth i didnt like wario at first he just seemed odd but I played him a second time and it was much more enjoyable.he takes some getting used to.most his move dont have any between animations just normal stance to attack but hes alos has lag to make up for it.I just press on hard with the attcks and it worked well for me I pretty much controled the match he requiers well timed attcks over a furry of buttion mashed ones .buttion mashing leave him too opean to attack during the lag. Im looking forward to playing him again the most.

misc

some of this stuff you may have know already

Items

spring from mario games (jumpboard thing)

raddish from super mario 2 ( Im not totally sure on this it was smaller then peaches though and noone was playing as her)

mario kart lighting

assist trophys

I saw knuckle joe, lil mac,Samurai Goroh, saki Amamiya ,and stafy they all seem to kick butt (even stafy)

also saw rosealita don know what she did

ike's errupt seem to ko pretty easy even uncharged

dk fiale smash kinda sucks.

including myself only about 3 poepl seem to have played as wario.

well thats it sorry for the spellign errors I was in a rush feel free to ask me any questions

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Cool! Finally some good info on Wario.

Did you get to play as Fox or did you verse any Fox players? I have questions about the Firefox attack. Does the startup charge still burn people, and is it any faster than it was in Melee, do you think?

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I did not play as fox only DeDede p.trainer wario and link but from watching other people play It didnt look like it changed that much
Did you count charizards jumps? how did his forward B work? how did squirtle's up B work? what did you think about PT in general and about changing pokemon?

I'm not actually interested in most of this, just guiding your info for questions to be asked by everyone here.

any general impressions on link? any more detailed info about Dedede?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Ah OK. I suppose you don't know when the next Whobby is going to be held, or is it on right now?

lol, is anyone else from Smashboards going to be attending?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Thanks for the info! Interesting to hear about Wario... looks like he'll really be all about tricking your opponent with unexpected attacks!

I guess you don't remember much about the three Trainer Pokemon in particular? I'm interested in what their smashes are like...

There's one little thing I'd like to know, too... it wouldn't surprise me if nobody could answer...
Yoshi's forward tilt was changed to a tail attack, right? Did anyone see what it's like in terms of knockback? It could be rather crippling for him to lose the combo-starter f-tilt he had in Melee...

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Curbside Prophet, how long did Wario's Final Smash last? Do you return to normal Wario if you die as Wario Man?

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
I have more info on the pokemon much it got cut off halfway thru somehow(I think I copyed over it by mistake)Im working of retyping it now.sry i saw only a hand full of yoshi players i didnt really catch what his forward tilt was like but I may be going back tomorrow(there sign said it was on sat and sun) so Ill keep an eye out

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Oh! If you're going back tomorrow, can you please check some things for me?

Please try to do the gliding firefox trick as Fox. You run and then press up to jump, but as soon as you press up, press B as well to do his up B. I need to know if he glides forwards or if he just stops in the air while he's burning.

Taken from the Fox guide on the melee boards:

"There are a few rather situational tricks that you can pull with the Fire Fox,
too. You can perform a "levitating" Fire Fox, using the move while jumping from
a run. You will float towards the enemy while engulfed in flames, catching them
on the embers and hitting them with the upstroke of the move"

Can you please check this if you get the time? Also, does it seem like the character's weak punch combos are harder to escape from?

If you get to play as Kirby, please take some notes about how his Up B cutter attack works. I hear it's changed. Can you confirm if it's easy to escape from like it was in Melee?

Thank you.

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
I don't mind at all if you repost this stuff. Feel free

Squirtle

B:water gun basic range attack chargeable not much else at this time

B> :withdraw very useful attack. allot like yoshis B > but ether squirtle cant be knocked out of it of he’s to short to hit for anyone to really hit him cuts right thru people had better control that yoshis

B^ : waterfall ok attack didn’t use it much. Thought I saw someone angle it down but I'm not completely sure

Has good air control.seems like he could have a decent air game in my opinion

moves quickly at least as fast as young link

A V smash :looked like he made a kinda water splash to ether side of him.

A > smash: withdraw into shell and lunged forward

squirtle was a fun character to use I had heard he wasn’t too good so I was worried I think off the bat
He seems like the lest useful but I think once you get his attacks down he could be a good control type character
also.his double jump is a little cartwheel and it looks like he’s some kind of awesome ninja.

Ivasaure

B: bullet seed will stop characters in the air in there tracks goes about the height of a link and a half

B > :razor leaf an average range attack doesn’t seem to go to far seemed less than links boomerang
one large leaf comes out .didn’t get to see if you could shoot them rapidly.still if you hoping for
Something resembling the razor leaf from the game boy games you’ll be disappointed

B ^ :vine whip on the ground it gives a quick continues whip goes for stunning opponents I had some trouble
Using it to recover if you in range (somewhere between young link and links hookshot) you move very
Quickly to the ledge but I haven’t found any other good moves if you to far away also could have
Problems with edgegarders

A: he kinda spins his leafy parts back and forth I saw that the longer you do it the longer the leafs get
I didn’t do it myself so I don’t know whether you hold A or tap it provides good cover for his sides

A > smash: he grabs the ground and pulls back like a slingshot the he’s shoots
Forward about the distance or pikachus smash
And gets pulled back to his starting position. His down smash looked similar

ivasuar is the middle ground of the three.very dependable I often found myself going back to him
His a attack consist mostly of leaf attacks head butts and other thing like that he’s seemed to get
Used just as much as charizard

charizard
B: flame thrower seem to work exactly like bowsers good for stopping attacks come from the front

B > : rock smash he picks up a rock and instantly head butts it didn’t really notice the damage it did
But it has decent knock back I used a few well timed ones to get Meta knight to back off.

B ^ : fly the attack looked more like the fire fox than fly charizard is engulfed in flames and he shoots off
Into the air it didn’t go to far maybe as far a Mario’s up B when he dose not connect maybe a little less.it doesn’t
have a charge up like firefox not sure if it caught people on fir but I think it did.

I counted at least three jumps didn’t get a chance to glide.didnt really need to the jumps and fly always got me back

A V : tail sweep slight knock up similar to mewtwo

A > smash: a head butt I didn’t connect with anyone so I’m not sure how good it is

charizard was my least used of the three .but I’m not big on heavy charactors.he seemed to win allot thought
I wish I had more time with him.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Ivysaur sounds like she's a lot easier to understand once you see her in motion. I was worried that she'd just look awkward with four legs.

Great info. Interesting that Charizard's F-smash is a headbutt attack.

I have a question about Charizard's movement, though. Is he very floaty, and are his normal jumps high or low, would you say? How fast does he move in the air compared to other characters? Metaknight for example. Does he fall a bit faster?

:034:

Smash Hero
My question to you is, did you see ANYTHING resembling Stamina? Like, do the characters do less damage over time? Was there any reason to switch out besides wanting to?

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
I actually tried rapidly switching pokemon but it didnt seem to effect much perhaps i didnt do it enough .i didnt try not switching though also i saw no stamina bar I make a note to give it a shot again if the booth is there tomorrow.

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
I have a question about Wario's Bike.

So far, I heard that other characters can only throw it. Is this true?

Also, what kind of alt. costumes did you use/ see among the characters?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Point is, Curbside_Prophet rocks.

I may be going back tomorrow(there sign said it was on sat and sun) so Ill keep an eye out
Awesome.

I actually tried rapidly switching pokemon but it didnt seem to effect much perhaps i didnt do it enough .i didnt try not switching though also i saw no stamina bar I make a note to give it a shot again if the booth is there tomorrow.
Awesome!

[lots of stuff]
AWESOME!

his double jump is a little cartwheel and it looks like he’s some kind of awesome ninja.
*explodes*

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
[url]http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1200697031/16 Dash Crouch Cancelling is different than Melee, Link and DK impressions
http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1200697031/23 Something about SSE
Would somebody mind translating both of these? Much would be appreciated. :)

EDIT: I also have a question regarding Donkey Kong; can he still knock an opponent out of the ground, after he has planted them into ground with his Headbutt attack? I've been thinking for a while that it was a glitch at E For All. Does anybody know if his attack still works that way?

Revven

FrankerZ
Nice information Curbside! Would you mind playing as Kirby though the next time you're there? I haven't really heard very many deep impressions about him other than he's supposedly as good as his SSB64 counterpart. However, I want to know if this is true or not by a more in-depth look at him (with all his smashes, aerials, and B moves included in the impressions). Think you can do that for me?

thetoastinator

Smash Apprentice
you mean before its destroyed?Im not sure I didn't try i do know you can destroy it and pick up pieces on you own but i didn't try grabing the whole bike

Hm...so I CAN'T go Grand Theft Auto on Wario's Bike with Snake? Oh well, at least I can still blow it up with a missle!!! :laugh:

Curbside_Prophet

Smash Cadet
can do thetoastinator also i played as link but gimpy already has a much more indepth impression of link than i could give I can say link is around better much faster I could combo alot easier his bombs deal more damaged and can kill in suden death his spin attack dosen't have that extra hit at the end. I tried l canceling with him but couldnt get it I had some meta knight that was out for my blood

Top Bottom