• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Miya Horn, IWATA, KOJJIMA three types of monsters to reshape the fight
下Bでチェンジ Under the change in B
Kojima...3 types of "monsters"...
I think that its confirmation of the 3 different Metal Gears on Shadow Moses Island.

Also:
DeDeDe does NOT have as much SuperArmor as other Heavy Characters(with his Up+B, most likely), but is still viable for competitive play.
-DD

NeoZ

Smash Ace
do I have something against the Spanish language?

the closest I can think of is every single Spanish teacher I've ever encountered.
Being Chilean and having relatives in the US I can assure you, US spanish teachers suck, they don't know the most simple things. They can't even diferientiate the word for strawberry(frutilla) from raspberry(frambuesa).:laugh:

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Well let's look at people's impressions of Dedede so far:

He's a very slow moving character on the ground, but his attacks are surprisingly quick, his slowest being his smashes. He has a very good recovery, a projectile that's easy to spam (better than Peach's turnips!) he can suck his own items in and shoot them out at close range, and his swallow attack is quick (and like Kirby's is basically an extended grab). He hits harder than Bowser.

Now any slow, heavy character that has the ability to attack fast can be played fairly well. Just look at Gannondorf in Melee. He had some surprisingly fast attacks and was considered a good character.

Dedede seems like he'll be going down that road. He's slow, but not when it comes to attacks, and he has a few tricks to help him out and ranged moves to spam at people who try to run out of his range.

I think he'll be a decent character, no?

Rakushun

Smash Cadet
The post that says Dedede doesn't have good super armor...are you guys talking about
"デデデはアーマー技を使いこなせば強くなるんじゃね?
まだ一、二回触れただけで弱いというのは早計じゃないか
ただ玄人向けキャラっていうのは分かった " ??

Because this says "If you master Dedede's armor skill (super armor, I guess), won't he be strong? It's a little early to say he's weak when he's only been touched once or twice, isn't it? I understood he was a character for experts."

If this isn't it, someone post the real "Dedede's super armor is bad" post.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
WHF came back from.
AF is almost not there. Instead DORAGUN saw parts of a dozen.
Devil dogs and just check relay.
CM moves from the dog was cute.
Ike victory amazed by the high-flying profusely.
Wario is a victory belly laugh with me.
DEDEDE victory in the tummy tummy

-Not sure what "WHF" is. But its back.
-Assist Trophies barely show up, and dragoon parts show up very often.
-Not sure what Devil Dogs are.
-CM moves from the dog? I assume its the puppy AT that takes up your entire screen.
-Ike's victory has him jumping/flying really high? Maybe jump up and come back down?
-Wario does a big belly laugh( watch out for the flab!) when he wins.
-DeDeDe's victory(another one) has him puffing out his tummy perhaps?

I'll have to wait for more clarification.
-DD

Black/Light

Smash Master
Being Chilean and having relatives in the US I can assure you, US spanish teachers suck, they don't know the most simple things. They can't even diferientiate the word for strawberry(frutilla) from raspberry(frambuesa).:laugh:
Well, lets not say that so generally. My spanish teacher came from Argentina (learned English in 3 months). He actually went over those 2 words when we where learning about food.

I learned alot in that class. . .than he got fired cause the **** who ran the school didn't like him. My next one was American born and sucked so bad I forget a great amount of what I learned.:urg:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The post that says Dedede doesn't have good super armor...are you guys talking about
"デデデはアーマー技を使いこなせば強くなるんじゃね?
まだ一、二回触れただけで弱いというのは早計じゃないか
ただ玄人向けキャラっていうのは分かった " ??

Because this says "If you master Dedede's armor skill (super armor, I guess), won't he be strong? It's a little early to say he's weak when he's only been touched once or twice, isn't it? I understood he was a character for experts."

If this isn't it, someone post the real "Dedede's super armor is bad" post.
That is a post in response to the original one I posted my update from.
The post basically says that DeDeDe's Super Armor doesn't LAST as long as others. All Super Armor is the same when in use.
Its pretty much fact now that DeDeDe is strong, with quick attacks, and great recovery, so its a shoe-in for experts.

DeDeDe is good, don't worry ;D!
-DD

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
-Not sure what "WHF" is. But its back.
-Assist Trophies barely show up, and dragoon parts show up very often.
-Not sure what Devil Dogs are.
-CM moves from the dog? I assume its the puppy AT that takes up your entire screen.
-Ike's victory has him jumping/flying really high? Maybe jump up and come back down?
-Wario does a big belly laugh( watch out for the flab!) when he wins.
-DeDeDe's victory(another one) has him puffing out his tummy perhaps?

I'll have to wait for more clarification.
-DD
lol WHF = World Hobby Fair (WHobby)
Can you post...post#s please? It makes it easier to catalog the information.

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
Kojima...3 types of "monsters"...
I think that its confirmation of the 3 different Metal Gears on Shadow Moses Island.
No. This poster suggested "Sakurai Trainer" and his monsters would be:
Miyahon (Shigeru Miyamoto)
Iwata (Satoru Iwata)
Kojima (Hideo Kojima)

It's a joke.

Rakushun

Smash Cadet
That is a post in response to the original one I posted my update from.
The post basically says that DeDeDe's Super Armor doesn't LAST as long as others. All Super Armor is the same when in use.
Its pretty much fact now that DeDeDe is strong, with quick attacks, and great recovery, so its a shoe-in for experts.

DeDeDe is good, don't worry ;D!
-DD
I wanna see the original post, though. In Japanese.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
No. This poster suggested "Sakurai Trainer" and his monsters would be:
Miyahon (Shigeru Miyamoto)
Iwata (Satoru Iwata)
Kojima (Hideo Kojima)

It's a joke.
XD Thanks for Clarification, I thought it sounded fishy.

Anyhow.
146 said:
DEDEDE are changing color, purple and pink and sepia saw.
DX is sickly white Kirby from now.
White Kirby Confirmed, DeDeDe Purple, Pink, and Sepia tone(? Orange?) Confirmed.

There is more to this post, but I'm unsure of it.

NORUUEA POKETORE of floating in the back of doing it on a table are so small.
あとドルピックタウンで丘の上にちっさくいるのを見た。 DORUPIKKUTAUN later in the hills above CHISSAKU saw.

対戦は緊張しちゃってよく覚えてないんだ…。 I was tense matchup I do not remember….
小学生だらけで気をつかった。 TSUKATTA full of elementary school to care.
Thats the rest of it.

-DD

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
XD Thanks for Clarification, I thought it sounded fishy.

Anyhow.

White Kirby Confirmed, DeDeDe Purple, Pink, and Sepia tone(? Orange?) Confirmed.

There is more to this post, but I'm unsure of it.

Thats the rest of it.

-DD
He's talking about the Pokemon Trainer's location on Norfair.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> It doesn't say "Frames" but I don't know what else armor could refer to.

161: to keep its long-please: 2008/01/19 (Saturday) 15:07:53 ID: sVrcGQ / 9 said:
WHF return
Ike previous work in the position that I thought GANONDOROFU
Smash attack and strength, but slow enough to fight dash attack
Force rather high return
This guy describes Ike as resembling Gannondorf in playstyle, with the whole "Slow but has immense strength."
-DD

Rakushun

Smash Cadet
>.> It doesn't say "Frames" but I don't know what else armor could refer to.

This guy describes Ike as resembling Gannondorf in playstyle, with the whole "Slow but has immense strength."
-DD
I don't know what "armor skill" is either since I'm not up to date on my Japanese Brawl terms, nor was I ever, but even it DOES mean super armor frames it STILL doesn't say it's bad. It says if you master it, Dedede should be good.

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
Another person describes Ike as being like a Mixed Marth & Roy...while yet another claims he's too slow, like Koopa/Bowser.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
...Rabbids? Why do people want the terrible design fiasco that is Rayman to have anything to do with Brawl?
Was probably just a Super Mario Galaxy lumina rabbit thing.

Anyway. This is exciting as always to read, the balance sounds really awesome this time around.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Another person describes Ike as being like a Mixed Marth & Roy...while yet another claims he's too slow, like Koopa/Bowser.
I would think Mixed Marth/Roy is how he would feel playing as him, but I think his speed is comparable to that of Bowser.
-DD

Rakushun

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying I'm gonna do translating stuff from now on, but if you're gonna post google translated stuff from 2chan, please post the original post in Japanese in case I feel like confirming if your translation is correct.
Though even if it isn't correct I might not say anything.

Top Bottom