• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Japanese Everything Thread: Sakurai Famitsu Interview - Translators needed!

Kallinx

Smash Rookie
they should make as many copies as possible for Japan and America then when their old release dates come around, give stores specific for games (EB, Gamecrazy, Gamestop) those copies for people who have pre-ordered the game. Then for the new release dates give the copies out to bigger stores like wal-mart and such.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
they should make as many copies as possible for Japan and America then when their old release dates come around, give stores specific for games (EB, Gamecrazy, Gamestop) those copies for people who have pre-ordered the game. Then for the new release dates give the copies out to bigger stores like wal-mart and such.
if only the world worked with such service.....

Kallinx

Smash Rookie
if only the world worked with such service.....
Yeah...but if people pre-orderd it then they should deserve a copy of the ones made already. It shows they want it. People who are just going to wait for their wal-mart or target to get it shows they are worried about it as much. (This doesn't include those who don't have a gamestore around them and can't get to one and I dont mean to sound rude if I am)

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Well, the Japanese folks are lucky indeed *Ah, I'm happy for ya! Have fun! ;)

Just PROMISE to take LOTS o' videos!!! k?

Way I see it...I'll be getting the game *SHOULD walmart get it in on the expected day* because I know the employees in electronics *They know me by name by now* and there was only TWO preorders AFTER Dec 3rd! So walmart'll get me the game ASAP.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
New Stage?

Got this from the new video.Which stage is it?
Looks like King.K.Rool Galleon.Or maybe Rumble Falls?

A cleaner image:

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
Nice find!

Which reminds me.. whats that stage with the giant foot slamming down?

Frogla

Smash Ace
i thought it was a custom stage, since the stage builder was shown off seconds earlier in the video.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it Sad that Nintendo itself didn't know how popular this game was and didn't allow time to produce enough game discs in time?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I think this is a kick in the face to whoever was arguing with me that they produce millions of discs and package them within 2 days.

Card

Smash Lord
Also...

Did anyone else notice this? I'm sure I am not the first...

Zelda appears as an Enemy during Multi-Man Brawl, but disappears quickly (with no explosion effect) and then an Alloy takes her place....

Whats up with that?

(Sorry if this was mentioned before)

Bacon Man11

Smash Journeyman
Also...

Did anyone else notice this? I'm sure I am not the first...

Zelda appears as an Enemy during Multi-Man Brawl, but disappears quickly (with no explosion effect) and then an Alloy takes her place....

Whats up with that?

(Sorry if this was mentioned before)
Holy cow, I never seen that before... I can't think of a reason eaither.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Holy cow, I never seen that before... I can't think of a reason eaither.
I think it's obvious. It means that RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED. YOU WILL BECOME A ZAKO.

(PS, anyone else think of Gundam SD when they see the word Zako?)

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I know we know January 31st is the release date and not the ship date for Brawl in Japan, but can the same be said for the US verision? I really hope so.

roroverma

Smash Cadet
anyobdy noticed that on the Dojo, that they made a table under each character's profile with their attacks and final smash. They even told the special moves for some characters whose special moves weren't told yet.

roroverma

Smash Cadet
I just saw a few and the movesets are the same for melee for the veterans like DK, Bowser, and Yoshi.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Hmm... Snake is in the newest commercial? Guess we may have to rethink the theory that all characters used in the advertisements = starters...

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Hmm... Snake is in the newest commercial? Guess we may have to rethink the theory that all characters used in the advertisements = starters...
So? Sonic was in the commercial? The theory was everyone except 3rd party are starters.

EPX2

Smash Ace
So? Sonic was in the commercial? The theory was everyone except 3rd party are starters.
No, that's a theory and that was formed from something completely different (statement by Sakurai made long ago + CoroCoro confirmation). That's not the theory I'm referring to, this is: several people suggested that the fact that characters like King Dedede, who many feel may be unlockable, was in one of the commercials was irrefutable proof that he was a starter.

And to be honest, that's the conclusion I arrived at too. However, after seeing Snake, I'm not so certain anymore...

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Oh great. The forums are going to be slow as crap tomorrow. Might have to just wait it out somewhere else.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
If anyone is going again like last time, PLEASE give info on Charizard's Rock Smash. How it works, damage, knockback, effectiveness, etc. And other impressions on PT would be nice too ;)

Top Bottom