• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Glitch & Secrets Topic

ipreferpi

Smash Apprentice
Once, I did that throw nana up glitch with kirby, and I played around, I was like..."Lalalaa...... Rock!! ROck!!"
And then I was like, "Up+B!" and then, I like, landed on something and I got star ko'd!

The freeze glitch is cause by Hammer squall hitting the opponnent, once, I was fighting a ganon, he up+B'd my nana, and I did Hammer squall (not hitting him), and he froze (till i hit him) Its midnight around here, gooood night.

quak

Smash Champion
not really a glitch but is just funny

have a doc or mario and a link. Link pulls out bomb, mario capes link as soon as he throws the bomb at mario's face, link gets caped, turns around, and the bomb is thrown away from him. BUT then the bomb changes directions and link gets hit with it. :D

Markster106

Smash Cadet
on one of the event matches, i think hot date on brinstar, it says, "You're (or you are i forgot) interfering with Samus's Brinster Raid!" NOTICE HOW IT SHOULD BE SAMUS' NOT SAMUS'S, WHICH IS OPENLY DEFYING THE CONVENTIONS OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

Drab Emordnilap

Palindrome Bard
BRoomer
Markster106 said:
on one of the event matches, i think hot date on brinstar, it says, "You're (or you are i forgot) interfering with Samus's Brinster Raid!" NOTICE HOW IT SHOULD BE SAMUS' NOT SAMUS'S, WHICH IS OPENLY DEFYING THE CONVENTIONS OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
It should be "Samus's", not "Samus'". Dropping the posessive 's' is only used when the posessive word is plural. "Samus" is singular.

ipreferpi

Smash Apprentice
O_o

Just found a weird glitch, I was faling from the sky, so I did a normal tech (not tech roll) and then I jumped IMMEDIATLY after that (around about frame 1-3). I canceled the tech completely, and still teched (I saw the yellow sparks). Oh, by the way,

zerofsc500:Yoyo Glitch: Cracked.

DarkShadow09

Smash Rookie
The Small glich
Frist you need a kirby and a yoshi, on training mode. Then make kirby get yoshi's power and put it on 1/4 speed, then use the kirby to put yoshi into an egg then break out the egg as fast as you can, yoshi will then be smaller (do over and over again to make smaller) this works on every character as long as kirby has yoshi's power

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
my favorite glitch is the ice climber freeze glitch:
grab with secondary IC
-->B
yay frozen opponent!!!
yay 999 combo on training!!!

Plomid

Smash Ace
Links moving/spinning bomb glitch

both of these glitches can be preformed on yoshis island
what to do
go to training mode and select link and any other character
go to yoshis island
make the other player stand on either the middle of the stage(spinning) or the pipes(moving)
go to the mid bottom of the hill(moving) or the pipe(spinning)
pick up and drop 3 bombs so they roll down
(moving)one of the bombs should start moving to the other side of the stage
(spinning) one of the bombs should stars spinning on the spot
while examining those clitches more i see the the fuse remains on the bomb even after exploding

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i kno this may not be a glitch, but when u run to an edge with link and then use upB, u go off the edge without rising.

now the question: wut happens to an opponent if u hit him/her with this attack in midair?

and i'll post a glitch so this post wont get deleted:
reflect a red shell with Mew2 5 times with > B, then hit a enemy and the red shell with > B enemy will be stuck 2 u.

fox masta

Smash Cadet
ok... i dont know if this was already posted because i dont feel like reading 33 pages. You can get umlimited ammo with the scope gun.

1. Pick up an unused scope gun
2. Shoot 3 shots from the gun 5 times (to have only 3 shoot come out, quickly press A twice)
3. Shoot 2 fully charged shoots
4. Start charging your gun for a full shot
5. Have someone hit you while you are charging
6.Enjoy infanite ammo!

With this glitch, you can do the black hole glitch which i dont feel like explaining. If you want to see it, go to this link. If the link doesnt work by clicking on it, just copy and paste it in the address bar:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5698408923927326067&q=black+hole+glitch

Enjoy. Please click on the link in my signature about the xbox 360, it really does work!

Tyson651

Smash Lord
if this is repeated then im sorry, i just dont want to go through 34 pages to see if mine is here.

the glitch that happened to me was when i was capt. falcon, and it was a ffa of 4 players at corenia, and everyone was fighting at the bottom part end of the ship, and i died and respawned and ran down jumped off the tip of the fin, and i did a stomp or something and i fell right through the ship and i died.

Yoshi in Style

Smash Apprentice
I was playing Adventure mode, 1 stock Normal with Falco. Then i got to the stage with the Wire Frames. I was standing at the upper platform, and kept killing them. After I killed 10 or so, I jumped, but 3 times the usual height. Also, I began to float.

Kragen

Smash Ace
I thinks that's always the case when you fight Wire Frames.
Have you ever done Multi Man Melee, where you have to fight 10/100/3min/15min/Never ending and Cruel Melee. They've changed the gravity there so you're floaty.

BAMF

Smash Cadet
kind of a pointless glitch that i just found the other day, get any 2 characters and go to poke` stadium wait for the level to change then have one guy stand at the edge of where one of the two original stadium platforms will rise back up. when the level is about to change again have the other guy grab the one that is in platform position. the platform will rise and the character will go up with it while u still have a hold of them but there above u on the platform. IM not sure if u can still throw them at that point b/c it happened to me when i was grabbing a cpu and he broke out b4 i could throw them. sorry if this is hard to comprehend, i worded it as best i could.

Yoshi in Style

Smash Apprentice
Kragen said:
I think that's always the case when you fight Wire Frames.
Have you ever done Multi Man Melee, where you have to fight 10/100/3min/15min/Never ending and Cruel Melee. They've changed the gravity there so you're floaty.
Yeah, but more floaty then usual, floaty like Peach's.

dragonsshadows

Smash Apprentice
Kokichi said:
Listen up all! Here are the rules:

1. Only post glitches in the game SSBM.

2. Please post a guide to perfom the glitch (if possible).

3. Please, ONLY POST GLITCHES THAT ARE REAL. Do not make up a glitch, that just really ruins everything this topic is about.

4. If you have pictures or a link to pictures/link to guide, post them.

5. This is NOT a topic to talk about glitches. This is a topic to tell the ones that you have discovered. Any posts saying something like "wow cool man" shall be deleted.

6. Search this topic before posting any glitches, thus preventing repeats.

7. Try to use proper english when posting. Let's make this a very easy-to-read topic to learn about glitches. Any posts that are very unreadable like "Yo a'ight, press da B and A buton w/ GAW and u get some kewl sheezy dats all messed up." K?

Alrighty then.....now that the dumb ol' rules are out of the way, start posting those glitches! I will be monitoring this topic closely, so abide by the rules!

-Meow

Looks like the rules went out the window on this thread. What happened to deleting bad posts? it'd b nice if people could actually follow #7.

By the way: JRI combined most of the glitches on this thread into one post. He is also keeping his thread updated... unlike this one. It'd be great if people used his superior thread. Search "tricks and glitches" and you will find it.

Sytar

Smash Ace
Meowman said:
Whoever said PAL games don't have all the glitches was wrong, theres still plenty in there :)

This one is a doozy to pull off, although I've only done it with captain falcon.

1. Pick Captain Falcon, get the bunny hood as the only item and whatever computers you want (level1's are a good suggestion as they dont interrupt you, or have a team battle with a level 9 on your team)

2. Goto Brinstar depths, pick up a bunny hood and wait for the level to rotate so that there is a flat part.

3. Simply run with the bunny hood on and at random times you will fall through the level, to your doom.

As I say, it seems pretty random, but I've only done it with a bunny hooded Falcon.
I've had this happen in the American game without a bunny hood and without Falcon. :laugh: **** that sucked.

If you cape Shiek right when she is getting up from a ledge on FD, she will magically teleport to the other side of the level and get off of the OTHER side's ledge. Works with both Marios.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ok..this is a nice glitch that might actually help, but hey, who plays stamina?

yesterday, i was testing the "lvl9 comp are easier than lvl7 comps" on stamina. they r wrong....
im link, on my team is a dk, on the opposite team is a ganon, we go to green greens.

i try not to interfere, but i blow up a bomb block or two in ganon's face with an arrow.

near the end of the match, ganon is at 0hp, but he is still moving aroung. it takes another nair from DK to kill him.

:insert gasp and a can of mountain dew:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
minimize the turning dash animation to way less than usualy (almost none for characters)

dash to one side, then right as you reach the ledge, turn so that your character's feet are off the stage, if done right the turning animation should be way less than it normally is (try it with marth....it's a big difference)

booshk

Smash Lord
MorninThunda said:
I just witnessed one of the biggest glitches ever. The glitch that I witnessed is that when I did an arial dodge in corneria towards the end of the ship I fell right threw it. And died. It was not by the side it was where hte cockpit is I just fell right three the ship. After this happened I was cursing so much. This not just happened to me onedc but twice.
that's happened to me before too.. :|

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
Soft reset

At any time outside of a match, pressing L + R + Start will bring you back to the main menu.

Stumbled upon this trying to pick the "Ditto" random character. :laugh:

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Fox Machine said:
At any time outside of a match, pressing L + R + Start will bring you back to the main menu.

Stumbled upon this trying to pick the "Ditto" random character. :laugh:
That happens in most GameCube games and it's not a glitch at all.

Yalow

Smash Rookie
Dunno if this has been found, but I threw a barrel cannon at Marth after he had been frozen with the Ice Climbers freeze glitch and he just tumbled off the stage and didn't die. His little CP thing stayed in the same place.

KillaBandits

Smash Rookie
Hmm i have a bunch!

Jiggle kill
choose jiggaly puff, and shield until it breaks. Auto fly.
vegatable fly
get 2 humans, 2 controllers. Have em both peach. Both pull out vege. Both throw at same time. If timed right, the vege's will start going up up and up!
Mewtwo grab down
Get mewtwo, and get enemy close to ledge. Jump off the ledge looking at enemy and press Over B at the direction your looking at at enemy. You will grab enemy through the floor. jump and tele up and you will be the only one living =D
laser tag
Get 2 foxes, or fox and falco. Have em stand from a distance, have falco shoot a laser, then fox does reflector, then falco does reflector,and first one that gets hit by laser is tagged! (not rlly a glitch)

mrsandman

Smash Rookie
go to google images, and type in toadselectfinishfinal.jpg. it will show you a picture of toad on the character select screen! of course, it looks kind of fake. i cant paste it on this cause i dunno how. on the cheat website, it says you have to beat classic or adventure and then when the credits come up, u have to shoot all of them. i dont think thats possible.

mrsandman

Smash Rookie
go to google images, and type in toadselectfinishfinal.jpg. it will show you a picture of toad on the character select screen! of course, it looks kind of fake. i cant paste it on this cause i dunno how. on the cheat website, it says you have to beat classic or adventure and then when the credits come up, u have to shoot all of them. i dont think thats possible

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
There is a glitch where a character dies off the top, and instead of yelling in the distance or “hitting the screen,” they they automatically return on the revival platform.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
This is a very long topic so I'm sure if someone already post this one. Probably...

Roy's Suicide
1. Fight a level 9 Roy.
2. Pick Jungle Japes as the stage.
3. Kill him once and run to the platform on the faaar right. Stand as far right as you can.
4. Roy will try to reach you but as long as you don't get too close or don't attack him, he'll continue to kill himself over and over and over until the match ends.

Bendery

Smash Cadet
San Diego, CA| Aim: Bendery Abriel| 4 stock, no it
Okay, this happened during adventure mode on the hard difficulty (I didn't have the gigabowser trophy)

I got to hyrule temple playing Fox, and a cloaking device popped up. Zelda sprinted for it, and as she picked it up I shined her. I think it was simultanious with the item grab. Before she had gotten to it I had racked up 18% on her. When she picked it up and i shined her i noticed she took no damage. I then proceeded to dgrab and dtilt her, still no damage.

I wasn't able to deal any damage to zelda until she uncloaked. Now, I havn't been able to replicate this glitch, but it was really awkward. I'm using NTSC ver 1.3

Jigg

Smash Journeyman
Bendery said:
Okay, this happened during adventure mode on the hard difficulty (I didn't have the gigabowser trophy)

I got to hyrule temple playing Fox, and a cloaking device popped up. Zelda sprinted for it, and as she picked it up I shined her. I think it was simultanious with the item grab. Before she had gotten to it I had racked up 18% on her. When she picked it up and i shined her i noticed she took no damage. I then proceeded to dgrab and dtilt her, still no damage.

I wasn't able to deal any damage to zelda until she uncloaked. Now, I havn't been able to replicate this glitch, but it was really awkward. I'm using NTSC ver 1.3
if you are cloaked, you dont take any damage but you still get knocked back if you are hit. its not a glitch, its the way the item works.

Top Bottom